Photo

Yes, been away from FDM for a long time... but... S3... whaaaat?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 claudius

claudius

Carbon Necromancer

• Fellowship - Supporting Member
  • 1,316 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Yes there is a tear in my eye.  I'd love to see everyone again.  So fun battling and cooking up theories and strategies.  Hopefully I can meet up with many of you in another game.  The problem is to hear who is who.

Available Resources: Low 50s whets smith, No more campaign runners..
Guides: Shadow Warrior - Mr. I get to Platinum fast (or something), and General Claudius (Astral with minions and skeletal fortifications)

#42 Aegis

Aegis

Prince of Helium

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Platform:PS3
  • PSN ID:FauxKarma

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

It is quite simple really... Gamers nowadays became extremely forgiving. Many think that I overstate things in my rant. I guess people like button mashers more and more now. Hell, next thing we know, Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter will put a big red X on its dozens of years of legacy, and turn into an isometric 3D corridor button masher with an occasional "get over here!", and people will still sing their praises about it.

More forgiving?  Depends on the group you talk to.  Fanboys who, as one youtuber so eloquently put it, worship pieces of plastic, pretty much go beyond mere 'forgiveness', and hit along the levels of 'eat any <expletive> you shovel'.  Actual fans, on the other hand?  The type who care enough about a game to express their real feelings?  The most 'forgiveness' you might see would be a 'try and see for sure' approach, just so, at worst, they don't feel 'judgmental'.  Beyond that?  Torches, pitchforks, guns, bombs, and anything they could get their hands on including the proverbial kitchen sink.  Either that, or we don't buy their <expletive>, which is still the best way to show them exactly how forgiving we truly are.

T3h 4rT15t 1z k1uk1n 8uTZ!11!1oneone

#43 Ysne58

Ysne58

Mister Einsteinium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

Yep.  Not buying it, Unbended looks like a better option.

#44 DreDBanGeR

DreDBanGeR

Spectral Mercenary

• Supporting Member
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

just had to drop this here.

the amount of flak this game has gotten is Rampant, and tbh I think mostly rightly so. the steam community has exploded once more.

honestly though all good and bad sides of the game aside....

Sacred 1&2 vs Sacred 3

its like they made the next command & conquer without telling anyone this time its gonna be a hidden object game.

If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Marcus Brigstocke

DreD's Skull enhancing Quotes  for Unbended

#45 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

its like they made the next command & conquer without telling anyone this time its gonna be a hidden object game.

I remember the Red Alert 3 – Uprising Commander's Challenge, a.k.a. "how many war crimes can you commit in under 5 minutes on your own troops to win"

Silly message nr353 - We don't have bugs, we have dragons!

#46 SevPOOTS

SevPOOTS

Radon Master

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

I just recenlty watched a Gameplay video of Sacred 3. seraphim is Bald ! :(((

No buy. 

sacred-2-permanent-hair-color-mod-seraph

Want to Download? Search "Sacred 2 Permanent Hair color tutorial" in google xD

#47 Dobri

Dobri

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• Fellowship
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

Well, I watched plenty of playthroughs of the game already, and nothing can change my opinion still... This is a max 15€/$ game. It has some pretty stages, but it also has some downright appalling ones. Side quest for 3 mins? Like kill 10 enemies and done? OMG. I expected this will be a rinse and repeat, but to this extent? Oh, boy, oh, boy... You finish the game in 10 hours max... and they promised 20. Can I facepalm now? :(

Char status:

Taerima, level 80 Guardian

Bai Dobchan, level 80 Elementalist

Dobchan level 80 Ranger

Master Crafter

#48 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

Can I facepalm now? :(

#49 Dobri

Dobri

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• Fellowship
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:31 AM

LMAO. I lost it on this. Anyway... looking at Joe's rinse and repeat, happily mixed up with "suffer falling blocks from sky in a tight corridor" gameplay, spruced up by 2 min long side quests, I am sure as hell that this game went down to the 10$ margin. I still maintain that the voice actor for Aria is cute, but they overdid it with the comments.

Joe's comments were more fun. Like that voodoo totem gibberish or that judging part. Holy, hell, I was laughing my backside off when he did it.

It is painfully clear that poor Keen Games didn't know what they were doing.

Char status:

Taerima, level 80 Guardian

Bai Dobchan, level 80 Elementalist

Dobchan level 80 Ranger

Master Crafter

#50 SX255

SX255

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:20 AM

It is painfully clear that poor Keen Games didn't know what they were doing.

Nah, Keen Games knew exactly what they were doing. Its the executives at Deep Silver that didn't let them change anything for the better that didn't

#51 junkcollector

junkcollector

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

Wow; it's been so long since I've last navigated to this website...but I fired up my old WinXP PC and played Sacred 2 last night into the wee hours of today. Still had a blast! Not sure what to make of Sacred 3, although from what I read, I'll probably wait for it to hit bargain pricing before buying it. That said, Sacred 2 Gold was finally released on GOG, so for anyone who missed out on Ice & Blood, and who is not using Steam (Sacred 2 Gold was released on Steam a long while ago), it's an option. Unbended looks promising. :-)

#52 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,054 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

Wow; it's been so long since I've last navigated to this website...but I fired up my old WinXP PC and played Sacred 2 last night into the wee hours of today. Still had a blast! Not sure what to make of Sacred 3, although from what I read, I'll probably wait for it to hit bargain pricing before buying it. That said, Sacred 2 Gold was finally released on GOG, so for anyone who missed out on Ice & Blood, and who is not using Steam (Sacred 2 Gold was released on Steam a long while ago), it's an option. Unbended looks promising. :-)

Welcome back JunkCollector!

UnBended is indeed looking to be the new heir to the Sacred Universe...course it won't be called Sacred, but we aim to be there!

:bounce:

gogo

#53 lujate

lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,292 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

UnBended is indeed looking to be the new heir to the Sacred Universe...course it won't be called Sacred, but we aim to be there!

gogo

"What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;"
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#54 junkcollector

junkcollector

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

&nbsp;

gogo

&nbsp;

Well said, well said!

#55 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,054 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

gogo

Veritas

:thumbsup:

gogo

#56 junkcollector

junkcollector

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

Watched some videos for Sacred 3 the other day, and wow. Looks like something to pick up once it hits bargain price, and not before then.

Edited by junkcollector, 07 September 2014 - 10:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users