Sacred 2 Ice & Blood settings

When I goto graphics settings after launching game and set what I want then exit and re-launch the game its not saved anymore is it because I'm using a Camera setting in optionscustom.txt do you think this is the problem? How do I get it to save any settings I make when I change it but still keep my camera fix?

edit- well I sort of edited the options custom.txt file and fixed my issue but in game there is a problem sometimes the camera shakes forward and back really fast upon talking to npc's occasionally, think its when I move left or right at the end of a click. would like to know how to disable the auto camera when I'm fighting a huge monster it locks my zoom and is annoying. Please help me one last time before I end this game forever :)

Edited by shizusan
  • Like! 1

Try restoring to original files, set the settings you want, then play around with the optionscustom.txt camera.

At least this way you can confirm that the settings save when they are in original form.

hey pal thanks for the reply we don't get many replies in this forum these days maybe this game is dead to many people?

I edited optionscustom.txt and added video settings to how I want, but I edited my above post added a new issue if anyone knows how to fix?

As for the shaking I can only assume that it is caused by the zoom curve and an object which is in this curve making it impossible for the camera to zoom in or out. In a way the camera gets trapped by this object. The only way around is to get out of this position and relocate your character.

As for the problem with the boss fight, I'm sorry, but, as I haven't experienced it myself, I have no other answer for You than that it had been discussed elsewhere on dark matters already.

• Like! 1

Thanks replies again! Its funny I was the Elf and accidently pressed the diety key, I was like ungh I summoned something THAT powerful how cool is that, then all of a sudden camera Zoomed out far, and The Balor or demon whatever it is it started attacking me and I was like holy crap running for my life I can't kill it without dying so many times lol, kept resurrecting and downing its health I must of died about 40-50x before I finally killed it and didn't drop anything -.-'

Can I not control that beast forever?

Ah Camera changes let me check In optionscustom.txt I put

video = {
fullscreen = 1,
}

camera.behaviour = 0
camera.customsettings = 1
camera.cameraShake = 1

camera.cam1_trackdist_max = 2000
camera.cam1_trackdist_min = 140
camera.cam1_rotx_min = -0.20

camera.dng1_trackdist_max = 2000
camera.dng1_trackdist_min = 140
camera.dng1_rotx_min = -0.05

camera.heromenu_trackdist_max = 2000
camera.heromenu_trackdist_min = 140
camera.heromenu_rotx_min = 0.05

options.camera_mode = 3
options.cameraConfigAutoCurve = 0
options.cameraConfigCollision = 0
options.cameraConfigFollow = 0
options.cameraConfigZoomCurveMax = 20
options.cameraConfigZoomCurveMin = 0
options.cameraConfigZoomMax = 20
options.cameraConfigZoomMin = 0

video = {
detail_env = 33,
detail_fx = 2,
detail_gfx = 3,
detail_grass = 500,
detail_grnd = 4,
detail_light = 33,
detail_physx = 1,
detail_shd = 4,
detail_tex = 3,
fsaa = 1,
fullscreen = 1,
gamma = 0,
hardware_mouse = 1,
height = 1080,
quality = 5,
scaleUI = 1,
simplepointlight = 0,
vsync = 1,
weather = 1,
width = 1920,
}

Anyone know of a way to disable fog? and have higher view distance? Can I get better graphics settings? Which option should I edit for better graphics and higher zoom in?

Edited by shizusan

That’s the point of the most evil divine power - it doesn't obey weaklings - the Sakkara demon (aka the final boss of Sacred 1) ignores you for 20 seconds, then you have to kill it yourself or run away. If it still exists in the world, you can't summon it again, forcing you to kill it... or save and restart the game.

:wizard:

• Like! 1

That’s the point of the most evil divine power - it doesn't obey weaklings - the Sakkara demon (aka the final boss of Sacred 1) ignores you for 20 seconds, then you have to kill it yourself or run away. If it still exists in the world, you can't summon it again, forcing you to kill it... or save and restart the game.

:wizard:

that is kinda cool that reminds me of the summon balor in Never winter nights my all time favorite single play rpg can't tell you how many hours I put into that game maybe over 2000. What if I become really strong in the game can it then obey me until I unsummon it lol coolest thing I ever did in never winter nights was change my appearance to look like balor control it with all his attacks.

Thanks

edit- I changed optionscustom.txt fog - 0 but didn't disable it in game. which one is the render for fog?

edit- for some reason I can't find the render slider in code for the optionscustom.txt

}

Edited by shizusan
  • Like! 1

In other news, I discovered that setting TPOMax = 85 gives me an awesome over the shoulder view :tongue2:

I've been using something I've found from Schot's camera guide, but I've been wanting an over the shoulder view along with this massive zoom range. I added your line to optionsCustom, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I think it has something to do with the camera mode?

My current settings from Schot's thread:

camera.behaviour = 0

camera.customsettings = 1

camera.cameraShake = 0

camera.cam1_trackdist_max = 2000

camera.cam1_trackdist_min = 140

camera.cam1_rotx_min = 0.05

camera.dng1_trackdist_max = 2000

camera.dng1_trackdist_min = 140

camera.dng1_rotx_min = -0.05

camera.heromenu_trackdist_max = 2000

camera.heromenu_trackdist_min = 140

camera.heromenu_rotx_min = 0.05

options.camera_mode = 3

options.cameraConfigAutoCurve = 0

options.cameraConfigCollision = 0

options.cameraConfigFollow = 0

options.cameraConfigZoomCurveMax = 20

options.cameraConfigZoomCurveMin = 0

options.cameraConfigZoomMax = 20

options.cameraConfigZoomMin = 0

TPOMax = 85

Edited by Liqua

In other news, I discovered that setting TPOMax = 85 gives me an awesome over the shoulder view :tongue2:

I've been using something I've found from Schot's camera guide, but I've been wanting an over the shoulder view along with this massive zoom range. I added your line to optionsCustom, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I think it has something to do with the camera mode?

That's because we were fooling around with the raw options.txt.

For optionsCustom.txt, you need to add the class of the option:

camera.TPOMax = 85

• Like! 1

That's because we were fooling around with the raw options.txt.

For optionsCustom.txt, you need to add the class of the option:

camera.TPOMax = 85

Perfect, thanks! I should have taken the camera. cue from the previous lines :blush:

• Like! 1

so all you gotta do is add camera.TPOMax = 85 anywhere in optionscustom.txt? lol my text is kinda yellowish orange don't know how to change that but I guess as a pirate I struck gold text. XD

Edited by shizusan

What was the default TPOMax value? I don't like the look of 85 so I removed the line from optionscustom. But when I checked options.txt to look for the original value, I saw that the value was...85. So I'm stuck with this view point for some reason.

I think that TPOMax value is taken from the Camera Settings interface and written into options.txt (this file is changed every time you launch the game), so maybe you can change it from there. In my options.txt TPOMax = 40, but I'm not entirely sure that it's the default setting.

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Like! 1