The descriptions are captivating. Just them alone was worth this morning read for me. Thanks for the music pastiche, a great gift for the fans.

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Thanks for making and sharing this mod, Flix. I know that you are a musician and generally have good taste, and that you care about keeping an atmosphere of Ancaria and bringing in only the things that fit, be it graphical or conceptual designs. So I'm sure that the music you choose would increase the variety of in-game tracks without disrupting anything. I think I'll give your music mod a try when I'll be testing the new version of the Item Mod this weekend.

And Gogo is totally right about your descriptions. Some of them made really me want to hear the tracks that give you that feel and create such atmosphere.

Special thanks for choosing a different tone for the additional tracks of Cursed Forest music. This place has some eerie beauty, not just horror feel, and I'd be glad to hear some tunes that emphasize this feature of the place.

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Like! 1

Thanks guys. The song list has been in constant flux for a long time but I think it's finally settled into a track list I consistently enjoy.

Just one note about how I had to produce the files: I found I usually had to amplify the volume of the songs to match the levels of the existing music in the game (one gripe with Wardust's mod is that the tracks are so much softer than all the other sounds). In some cases this created some slight crackling in the audio. It's only noticeable if you listen to the tracks alone with good headphones though. I checked to make sure the songs all sounded good in-game and there's no distortion. Just a disclaimer for anyone who tried to listen to the songs in a media player or something. :)

I just added a Part 3 + Patch to the downloads. This expands the music in the Human and Elf regions as well as the Crystal Plane. It also adds new music to the Wastelands, the Human dungeons and Whisperwood. Some descriptions were updated above.

It overwrites some files from Part 1 & 2 so be sure to install it last.

• 2 months later...

another mod made by flix, ganna DL and try,

tnx flix, your mods makes my gaming life with this game better.

Thanks man, I love my music mod probably more than anything else, since the background music affects the whole experience of the game.

====================================

I added a little note to the install instructions about disabling the battle music in options.txt. The easiest way is just to edit options.txt, search for the line "volume_group02" and change the value to 0. This will let you hear more of the new music instead of the repetitive battle music.

wow, tnx for the new info man, some of your music make me stop and just hear it until it changes again, nice.. loving it, my dryad played for 5d 14h 43m, level 79 gold, in that long time, never I felt the soul of the game, but when I installed your music mod, it changes my gaming expirience, tnx man, keep making life changing mod please....

edit.

the music in the human teretory in the middle of kufferath castle and skook's corner is epic, ... hehehe

Edited by KJnewBEE
  • Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

there should be no problem using this again right flix? its just music right? :)

edit:

ow I forgot, I mean is this still usable in v150..?

Edited by KJnewBEE

there should be no problem using this again right flix? its just music right? :)

edit:

ow I forgot, I mean is this still usable in v150..?

Yes my friend this mod should still work perfectly. The way I designed this mod, there should never be any conflicts with the CM Patch.

• Like! 1
  • 2 years later...

I want to promote this mod more, so over the next few days/weeks I'm going to be posting some samples of music from this mod. I want to emphasize that this mod doesn't get rid of the old music, it adds to the existing selection. The music is intended to blend in with the existing Sacred 2 music for the region. So instead of the same 5 minutes of background music looping endlessly, each region has around 30-40 minutes of daytime music and 15-20 minutes of nighttime music.

Tyr Lysia

Tyr Lysia's music is generally enchanted and peaceful. There are plucked strings and harps, elf-like woodwinds, mysterious and wistful themes, keyboards, harpsichords, even some whistling and chanting. The dungeon music is generally more intense and oppressive.

Daytime music sample:

Nighttime music sample:

As you will see, the mod favors the music of the late Kirill Pokrovsky, because his compositions just seem to be the quintessential adventuring music.

Artamark:

Artamark's music is folksy and medieval sounding, like a gathering of minstrels. During the day the tunes are mostly in the Celtic and Western European folk vein, while at night warm strings tend to dominate. There are also a few more epic, grandiose themes intertwined in this region.

Daytime Music Sample:

Nighttime Music Sample:

Excellent

I particularly like this kind of music, lots of heart, especially during the beginning of the game, and its where we do a lot of fact finding... reminds me of roaming bards and minstrels and very old school and long rpgs

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Nor Plat:
Nor Plat's music is all-out warfare. Intense battle music with percussion, winds, brass, strings.
Daytime Music Sample:
Nighttime Music Sample:

Great choices with the battle music Flix, and with Divinity as well.. who didn't like this way back sleeper ... in fact, it was probably the first real video game I bought :D

:bounce:

gogo

• Like! 1
Seraphim:

Seraphim Island is way more solemn and forlorn. Almost every track has male or female chanting vocals of some kind, in sort of soaring, hymn-like reverie. It's designed to really evoke how far the Seraphim have fallen but also their majesty and grace.

Daytime Music Sample:

Nighttime Music Sample:

• Like! 1
Swamp:

Swamp daytime music is now much more pleasant. In fact it probably has some of my favorite tunes. In the daytime it is generally melancholy and solemn, with some rhythmic cult-like chanting. The night music is quite ominous and fearful and will make you look over your shoulder.

Daytime Music Sample:

Nighttime Music Sample:

• Like! 1
Desert:

The music of the Bengaresh Desert is much more entrancing now. Daytime music evokes the hot sun, scorching wind, and some various Egyptian themes, while at night you'll hear some pulsing music that may make you think of sultry Arabian Nights.

Daytime music sample:

Nighttime music sample:

• Like! 1
Jungle:

The Jungle and Dyr-Lain are marked by tracks with more intense jungle drums and melodic percussion along with tribal flutes and nature sounds that enhance the ambience.

Daytime Music Sample:

Nighttime Music Sample:

• Like! 1
Crystal Plane:

Crystal Plane has more icy ambient music that evokes the frozen gems of the region. In addition to the beauty of the region, there is also the slight sense of something unnatural and eerie, like maybe the Seraphim shouldn't have made such a place. So now that's reflected in the music as well.

Daytime Music Sample:

Nighttime Music Sample:

• Like! 1
The Blood Forest now has some music that evokes being lost in the woods in addition to the original spooky horror-movie type music. Some of the music matches the weird beauty of the Blood Forest.

Blood Forest Music Sample:

The Dragon Caves now have an additional song that makes me think of wandering sweltering lava caves with crazed cultists.

Dragon Caves Music Sample:

Wastelands:

The Wastelands now has some more epic and heroic themes intertwined with the lonely and sparse default music. This is the lead-up to the final battle and you see skirmishes between the forces of light and shadow all around, so some more rousing music was in order.

Daytime Music Sample:

Nighttime Music Sample:

I hope this series of posts has given you some idea of the nature of the Music Mod's content, and hopefully generated some interest. The selection I posted only scratches the surface; there are many more epic and atmospheric adventuring songs awaiting you on your journeys through Ancaria!

• Like! 1

Great selection Flix, giving a new breath to the adventure; I've downloaded it but haven't heared new themes yet (til The Great Wall) apart the main menu Diablo theme I think. Endorsed ;)

Edited by desm
  • Like! 1

Great selection Flix, giving a new breath to the adventure; I've downloaded it but haven't heared new themes yet (til The Great Wall) apart the main menu Diablo theme I think. Endorsed ;)

I probably wouldn't use it with the Diablo mod. It has its own music pack. Whichever one you installed second would overwrite the other one.