On 3/12/2020 at 5:32 AM, Charon117 said:

More ambient music if people need it.

I was listening to Massive Attack's protection album this morning to accompany the morning-after-vacation's posting frenzy but switched to this after seeing your link... perfectly pensive

:thumbsup:

gogo

• Thanks! 1

When comparing your recent version of 071_bg_swamp_day2 and TW3 Aen Sheide I cant help but feel like Aen Sheide is clearly superior. The other version sounds good for the first 20 seconds, then you realise it is stuck repeating the first 20 seconds for 6 minutes. No hights, no lows, just the same plank plank over and over again until it stops. Ofcourse music taste is highly subjective.

If you are stuck with good, but short music tracks, you could think about combining many short tracks into one long track, since I dont know how somebody would be able to add "more" tracks to the Sacred 2 code.

49 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

When comparing your recent version of 071_bg_swamp_day2 and TW3 Aen Sheide I cant help but feel like Aen Sheide is clearly superior.

TW3 OST is superior to anything in Sacred 2 or the Music Mod lol.  It's not about the best tracks, it's about what I like to hear in the Swamp and other Sacred 2 environs.

I've no problem with anyone switching things up to whatever they like.

I guess it highlights how subjective it is.  I mostly chose songs from old games that I have retired (or not from games at all), like the old Divinity games and TW1.  Other games I still play, so it feels like the music still "belongs" to those games.  This is why music from Titan Quest, Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, or TW3 aren't in the mod.   That could always change.

23 minutes ago, Flix said:

This is why music from Titan Quest, Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, or TW3 aren't in the mod

Sometimes parts of a track can make for interesting additions. The 3:19 to 3:49 excerpt of 'The Gifted Man Brings Gifts Galore', for example, seems to fit well as an extra combat track for the Inquisitor. 

1 hour ago, Charon117 said:

If you are stuck with good, but short music tracks, you could think about combining many short tracks into one long track, since I dont know how somebody would be able to add "more" tracks to the Sacred 2 code.

By the way, this is possible, by adding additional entries into soundresources.txt and additionally soundprofile.txt.

Flix's Music Mod does not use this method primarily because I didn't know about it at the time I created the mod.  But even knowing about it now, I don't use it in order to maintain maximum compatibility by avoiding the presence of any scripts in the mod.

There is a fair amount of combining multiple tracks into a single ogg file instead.

I updated the links in the lead post to include the new "Enhanced Music" download, that replaces the previous version.  I left the old link up and marked it "old" in case someone prefers the old crackly track selection.

I also indicated that if you use Enhanced Edition, you can and should just use the music mod packaged with that mod.

• Like! 1