Will I eventually regret omitting Spell Resistance form a E Shield build?

I'd say you'll be fine. Armour lore and toughness do wonders together and energy shield will definitely be enough to cover anything else.

And yep, it's definitely a great game. Heaps of depth which is why we all kept coming back for so long!

I will confidently proceed without Spell Resistance! Thanks.

I wonder if there is any point in using the "spell resistance" item modifier if one does not have the skill? The info on the wiki suggests to me that the numbers required to actually exceed same level monsters' spell intensity are not achieveable without the skill (maybe stacking willpower makes it possible... with a Shadow Warrior or Dragon Mage), and that the spell resistance stat has absolutely no effect if it does not surpass the intensity of opponents. True?

My Divine Protection seraphim got along just fine without Spell Resistance. She laughed off the Eyes in the Cursed Forest and the Demon Mages in the Wastelands, even the dreaded red-flash bug in the Crystal Planes. My energy shield-less seraphim on the other hand, had a number of close calls even with mastered Spell Resistance.

Nice. I'm using DP only as a backup... and haven't had to use it since stumbling upon the Demon arena quest on Seraphim Isl, before I had decent armor. Still, choosing vitality at every level has payed off several times...