Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

Thanks Gogo, I spent enough time reading on here and playing Flix's mod that I figured I'd post about it finally. You all do a great job with the boards and it's nice to have this place for all of us who see the criminally under appreciated excellence and depth of sacred 2.

Bravo, thank you for the awesome post, Zallk!

:hugs:

gogo

Great work done with this mod, after one and a half have resumed sacred 2 (and had to create another account because the former did not remember the user name xD) we go to the root of the problem. I installed the mod everything right and perfect runs may except for one thing some of the skills of the characters are left me with the old descriptions of use (as if not the mod will not be properly installed)

Is there any solution has this problem?

I gone crazy trying to read what in the 18 pages but I have not found any solution.

What language is your game installation? Spanish? If so, I'm sorry but there's no translation for Enhanced Spells in that language. The spells and skills will actually work as intended, but the text and descriptions will be completely wrong. However, If you're playing in English, there may be a different problem. Let me know, and thanks for trying the mod! :)

• Like! 1

Great work done with this mod, after one and a half have resumed sacred 2 (and had to create another account because the former did not remember the user name xD) we go to the root of the problem. I installed the mod everything right and perfect runs may except for one thing some of the skills of the characters are left me with the old descriptions of use (as if not the mod will not be properly installed)

Is there any solution has this problem?

I gone crazy trying to read what in the 18 pages but I have not found any solution.

What language is your game installation? Spanish? If so, I'm sorry but there's no translation for Enhanced Spells in that language. The spells and skills will actually work as intended, but the text and descriptions will be completely wrong. However, If you're playing in English, there may be a different problem. Let me know, and thanks for trying the mod! :)

If I'm playing in Spanish.
If I install the mod in English me official although the game is in Spanish ?. If that can read the text of the skills Spells Enhanced Mod be satisfied

Well, you can try this:

After installing the mod, navigate to the file in your Sacred 2 install directory: locale\en_UK\global.res [this is the English language file]

Copy this file, and then navigate to locale\es_ES\ and paste in the English global.res, overwriting the Spanish one [back up the old version first!]

This changes almost all language into English, however some random items will have Spanish names.

It's not a perfect solution but it's the only option.

Well, you can try this:

After installing the mod, navigate to the file in your Sacred 2 install directory: locale\en_UK\global.res [this is the English language file]

Copy this file, and then navigate to locale\es_ES\ and paste in the English global.res, overwriting the Spanish one [back up the old version first!]

This changes almost all language into English, however some random items will have Spanish names.

It's not a perfect solution but it's the only option.

I have a problem global.res file (in Spanish) : (stick it in Sacred 2 Gold \ locale folder \ en_US) because in that folder there any golbal.res file, only there are 6 zip (speechhp0, 1 and 2 ; speechlq0, 1 and 2) or otherwise hit the global.res in: (\ Sacred 2 Gold \ MODS \ Enhanced Spells Mod 1.4 \ locale \ en_US) the en_US folder is not in: (\ Sacred 2 Gold \ MODS \ Enhanced Spells Mod 1.4 \ locale) are only de_DE, in _UK, fr_FR, and ru_RU pl_PL

Edited by atrox1234
It has great evils great remedies xD

change the language to read the enhanced spells and then back to my language and ready, so choose the 3 powers of each of the spells and does not lead to confusion.

Nor are so many spells that change, the magician branch earth dragon I think one litter with the branches of dragon blood and mentalist super-buff I DMG (100k buff family) cdr 1.5s between each spell, the druid I have a pet but the buil xD theft immortal life that I'm finally the inquisitor the buil dual weapon can touch me retouch and not use the spell to exploit the bodies of dead enemies.

What more druid game is Angel and theft of life, and high elf mage dragon, the other presonages I do not really attract their game mechanics.

Flix, wouldn't atrox look in en_UK(it might be in_UK instead) rather than en_US?

The problem here is the language barrier. I can't explain things any clearer than I already have.

Flix, wouldn't atrox look in en_UK(it might be in_UK instead) rather than en_US?

The problem here is the language barrier. I can't explain things any clearer than I already have.

Do not worry flix, to have been a very good explanation the probem is that I did not have the folder that you quoted (us_US), all sorted and will mod swimmingly.
Thanks for the help.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something I did wrong.

The description of Sinister Predator says it should affect all weapons. In-game description says it only affect range weapon attack speed.

This change is reflected when the buff is on and Dryad is using a range weapon, but doesn't increase attack speed when using a melee weapon.

I do have other mods installed, but Enhanced Spells 1.4 is loaded towards the bottom (before ESM Challenge Patch, and CM Patch 1.50 Version for small items). Using Generic Mod Enabler.

EDIT: This is in reference to an un-modded Sinister Predator. Modded with Rapid Fire works for melee weapons (attack speed bonus).

Edited by jordan0422
  • Like! 1

The description of Sinister Predator says it should affect all weapons. In-game description says it only affect range weapon attack speed.

Welcome to DarkMatters and thanks for trying the mod!

You misread. The description for Sinister Predator reads as follows:

While active, Sinister Predator increases ranged weapon attack speed and chance to hit for all weapons. It also adds a chance that opponents will drop shrunken heads.

This accurately describes the effect of the buff, which is working as intended. The base attack speed only applies to ranged weapons, as stated in the tooltip.

• Like! 1

Thanks for responding.

Just discovered Sacred a couple of weeks ago, and having a blast with the mod(s) so far.

As for my confusion, it was my fault. I saw "...innate attack rating" of Sinister Predator's description in the 1st post and somehow incorrectly connect it to "attack speed".

Thanks for the clarification.

XZpldif.png0b0NhNJ.pngSinister Predator (Buff) - The innate attack rating boost now applies to all weapons instead of just ranged weapons. Bronze mod Rapid Fire now increases the attack speed for all weapons, not just ranged weapons. I wanted to rework this CA somewhat to allow a boost for a Dryad using melee weapons.

This change is reflected when the buff is on and Dryad is using a range weapon, but doesn't increase attack speed when using a melee weapon.

I do have other mods installed, but Enhanced Spells 1.4 is loaded towards the bottom (before ESM Challenge Patch, and CM Patch 1.50 Version for small items). Using Generic Mod Enabler.

EDIT: This is in reference to an un-modded Sinister Predator. Modded with Rapid Fire works for melee weapons (attack speed bonus).

A hearty hello from me as well, welcome to DarkMatters, Jordan!

:)

gogo

How can I do a translation for this mod? I want to do a spanish translation :)

Hi Deivix, and welcome to DarkMatters! I'm not sure myself how you would get a translation for this mod done, hopefully you'll get some feedback on how to do this

Have fun with the game!

gogo

gogo

Thank you very much :)

I'm also playing an "enhanced spells" version of your "secret agent ice high elf" and she rocks!

• Like! 1

gogo

Thank you very much :)

I'm also playing an "enhanced spells" version of your "secret agent ice high elf" and she rocks!

ahhah, yah she was very fun... a "response build" in reaction to all the rants that started being posted when the Devs made serious cuts to all the damage in the game... and yet still, it was possible to create a purely magical build, and a fun one to boot

gogo

• 4 months later...

Yeah once I started using enhanced spells there was no going back ever. Version 1.4 even finally made it worth focusing on a build specific stat for subtle damage increases. Also love that Flix made an awesome challenge mode patch to use for ultimate difficulty beyond Niobium.

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition
  • The topic was pinned