399 replies to this topic

#381 Caledor

Caledor

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:07 PM

Improved the effect of the Enhanced Perception skill.

Sorry but... which values did you change for this, Flix?

#382 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:29 AM

Improved the effect of the Enhanced Perception skill.

Sorry but... which values did you change for this, Flix?

Balance.txt,  the line is "SkillMagicFindFactor"

What I notice most is those times when you're walking around and an item randomly pops up out of nowhere, those seem to happen all the time when you have the Magic Find skill.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#383 bhav

bhav

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:11 AM

I just tried this mod. Fiery Ember (now Icy Ember) is now actually 'nerfed' for pure Devout Focus builds as it no longer reduces fire resistance on mobs without any upgrades for synergy with Deathly Spears fire mod and a lava chunk slotted weapon.

This could be easily fixed by swapping the base fire and ice resistance to the original reduced resistances on mobs instead, and having the ice / fire resistance as the mods instead.

Also the same goes for using Amplifying Discharge on a Lost Fusion build with the Ice Bullets mod plus Icy Evanescence, or Furious Emblazer with Fiery Ember.

The innate resistance reductions without mods made using those two skills worthwhile without any source warden skills as explained above. 

Edited by bhav, 17 February 2017 - 09:20 AM.

#384 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

I just tried this mod. Fiery Ember (now Icy Ember) is now actually 'nerfed' for pure Devout Focus builds as it no longer reduces fire resistance on mobs without any upgrades for synergy with Deathly Spears fire mod and a lava chunk slotted weapon.

This could be easily fixed by swapping the base fire and ice resistance to the original reduced resistances on mobs instead, and having the ice / fire resistance as the mods instead.

Also the same goes for using Amplifying Discharge on a Lost Fusion build with the Ice Bullets mod plus Icy Evanescence, or Furious Emblazer with Fiery Ember.

The innate resistance reductions without mods made using those two skills worthwhile without any source warden skills as explained above. 

Hi, thanks for trying the mod.  That's an intentional nerf.  Since the two spells are combined into one, it would be overpowered to keep the innate damage sensitivity for both fire and ice on the spell without any investment in the aspect itself.  It's a trade-off.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#385 bhav

bhav

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

Hi, thanks for trying the mod.  That's an intentional nerf.  Since the two spells are combined into one, it would be overpowered to keep the innate damage sensitivity for both fire and ice on the spell without any investment in the aspect itself.  It's a trade-off.

I disagree, how would it be overpowered to keep the games original functionality on the skill? The sensitivity has little to no impact on source warden builds as their other spells dont do fire / ice damage except for the aoes, so making the resistance debuff require skill investment is entirely poimtless if putting points into source warden skills.

On the other hand, the Area of Effect itself does pretty much no damage without investment in source warden, so keping the innate resist debuff for other aspects to take advantage of as the game originally intended isnt any more powerful than the vanilla skills are, all it does is reduce resistances for the main damage skills in the other aspects.

#386 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:06 PM

I'm not sure I really cared about what was "originally intended" when I designed this mod.  Though if I did, I would note that the player can never cast Icy Evanescence and Fiery Ember at the same time in the vanilla game.  Combining them into a single combat art while keeping their full original functions is overpowered.

Luckily, it's super easy for you to do what you want.  Open /scripts/shared/spells.txt .  Backup the file first.

The spell tokens are:

entry13 = {"et_debuff_prone_fir", 200, 1, 0, 42 },

entry14 = {"et_debuff_prone_ice", 200, 1, 0, 42 },

Just paste them at the end of the list of spell tokens for Icy Ember, which is named "tw_en_eiseskaelte",

Feel free to ramp up the first number in the string as high as you like.

#387 Zallk

Zallk

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:40 PM

I actually really appreciate that you kept a close eye on avoiding things that would overpower the player with this mod. It's true those two Combat Arts were combined, so I agree with the slight "nerf" made to vanilla functionality on them. The mod overall (at least for me) adds more fun to the game without losing the challenge and balance.

#388 Frank72

Frank72

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:24 AM

I've just installed this mod, and love it, but there's a problem: The cooldown of Dragon Mage's spell "Destroyer" is sometimes stuck for unknown reason. I can't cast it and the only way I can do is to quit the game and load the character again.

#389 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

I've just installed this mod, and love it, but there's a problem: The cooldown of Dragon Mage's spell "Destroyer" is sometimes stuck for unknown reason. I can't cast it and the only way I can do is to quit the game and load the character again.

I'll look into it.  I've never seen anything like that.

#390 ilan

ilan

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:14 AM

Hello, I don't know if someone is still playing this game but thanks for this amazing mode, I enjoy it a lot.

few things I noted; 

The miasma of the dark warrior doesn't seem to affect my pets (no damage tick above the enemies surrounding them)

The dragon's wrath can't be put in a combo as it was a shapeshifting combat art previously

#391 King Angel

King Angel

Radon Master

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Steam Name:Danu88

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:50 AM

Welcome  :yay:   :drinks: :bye:  ilan  :bye:    :drinks:  :yay:  

picture_55273.png

#392 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

Hello, I don't know if someone is still playing this game but thanks for this amazing mode, I enjoy it a lot.

Hi, welcome aboard!  Thanks for trying the mod.

The dragon's wrath can't be put in a combo as it was a shapeshifting combat art previously

It's listed as a known issue.  I don't how to fix it.  :/

The miasma of the dark warrior doesn't seem to affect my pets (no damage tick above the enemies surrounding them)

Ok, thanks for letting me know.  I'll add it to the list of known issues.  I doubt this bug will be fixed as I have retired this mod.

#393 wasp660

wasp660

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:44 PM

This is my first post and I want to tell you how much I appreciate your mods. They're what got me back into the game, and I don't think I would want to even play the game without them, so thank you so much!

As an aside, have you thought of incorporating some of your fixes from D2F (such as the fix to 'Soul Hammer') into this mod? I know that players such as myself would greet it quite enthusiastically!

Edited by wasp660, 12 May 2017 - 08:51 PM.

#394 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:33 AM

This is my first post and I want to tell you how much I appreciate your mods. They're what got me back into the game, and I don't think I would want to even play the game without them, so thank you so much!

As an aside, have you thought of incorporating some of your fixes from D2F (such as the fix to 'Soul Hammer') into this mod? I know that players such as myself would greet it quite enthusiastically!

Thanks!  I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

My intention is to compile all the fixes from D2F (just the stuff that's actually fixes and content restoration) and submit it to the CM Patch.  If it looks like a new release of the CM Patch might not happen, I would just release it as an "unofficial CM Patch mod" and come up with some kind of name for it.

There's just not enough hours in the day or I would have done it already.

#395 Pesmontis

Pesmontis

Radon Master

• Modder
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

You need this:

http://dravensinfern...watch-141212426

#396 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:48 AM

You need this:

Knowing me I'd just use the extra hour to sleep.   :sleep:

#397 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,951 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

You need this:

ahhhh, lovely...I so need that watch!

Whats it on sale for... quarter of our soul?

:devil:

gogo

#398 nap85

nap85

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:20 AM

Possibly a dumb question, but for the new summonable Combat Arts, like Harbinger for Inquisitor, what exactly does eating runes do?

#399 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:41 PM

Possibly a dumb question, but for the new summonable Combat Arts, like Harbinger for Inquisitor, what exactly does eating runes do?

Hello!  As with all summons, increasing the level of the Combat Art increases the level of the summoned creature.  So the Harbinger goes from level 1 to level 2.  So everything, from attributes to skills to basic stats like damage, armor, attack/defense, they all increase when you read more runes.  It's the same as with any of the vanilla summoning buffs like Fire Demon or Nether Allegiance.

#400 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,951 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:48 AM

few things I noted; 

Great you made it over to the boards and are playing the best game in the world  :D
Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: combat arts, spells, mod, sacred 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users