Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

I gave a look to the summoning spells. they cant work cause of the spellclass; you're using a buff spellclass and since a buff doesnt expire the minion wont disappear. we should use a temporary summon spellclass.

unfortunately the only ca that works like this is doppelganger. if you set this the minion will be summoned and disappear as usual but he ll be invisible ;(

I don't think we can fix this unless we find the spellclasses definitions archive (which I believe is hard coded in the core files)

Yes, thank you I'm well aware of that. I don't use the phrase "I've tried everything I could" lightly. Unfortuntately the one thing I can't do is take apart the hard coded files.

As a fix, they're permanent buffs now. The main problem with the Doppelganger spellclass is that it spawns as a ghost wielding the player's weapons. It's no good. Rallied Souls and Inexorable Subjugation won't work either. Neither will Destroyer or Protector.

I actually wouldn't mind the fact that they don't expire, if I could just set a limit on how many could exist at once. I'd be fine with them lasting until they were killed, if only I could make it so that the player could only have one at a time (so that the first one would be destroyed when the second was summoned). That seems even more difficult to achieve though.

P.S. you may have made a little mistake with the focus_skill_name of labyrinthine warlord since it's in the hard combat aspect but you set tactical combat :)

Thank you! Fixed for next version.

• Like! 1

if youre not interested in making the minion disappear try this "cSpellSpawnEnemy",

talking about the minotaur you may want to change his weapon, I find the bergonix axe more suitable for a minotaur. if you decide to swap the sword set equipset_id = 452

just saying, you decide :)

Edited by Luthal
  • Like! 1

if youre not interested in making the minion disappear try this "cSpellSpawnEnemy",

talking about the minotaur you may want to change his weapon, I find the bergonix axe more suitable for a minotaur. if you decide to swap the sword set equipset_id = 452

just saying, you decide :)

I think the problem with "cSpellSpawnEnemy", is that the summon doesn't follow you, just wanders around.

I don't want the minotaur to be an exact duplicate of Holos the Paralyzer so I left the weapon as a sword.

• Like! 1
mgr.defineSpell( "sk_hc_rammstoss", {
eiStateName = "cSpellCast",
fxTypeCast = "FX_SK_STANDARTE_C",
fxTypeSpell = "",
duration = 10.000000,
animType = "ANIM_TYPE_SM10",
animTypeApproach = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
animTypeRide = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
animTypeSpecial = "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM05-SPECIAL",
causesSpellDamage = 1,
tokens = {
entry0 = {"et_summon_level", 10, 10, 0, 8 },
entry1 = {"et_summon_soldier", 1000, 2996, 0, 8 },
entry2 = {"et_minion_lifetime", 1000, 10, 0, 4 },
entry3 = {"et_minion_replenish", 975, 25, 0, 72 },
entry4 = {"et_minion_wdam_phy", 100, 100, 0, 72 },
entry5 = {"et_addwalkspeed", 800, 0, 0, 72 },
entry6 = {"et_minion_attackspeed", 198, 2, 1, 72 },
entry7 = {"et_minion_wdam_phy", 100, 100, 2, 72 },
entry8 = {"et_minion_AWVW_rel", 250, 50, 3, 72 },
entry9 = {"et_summon_armor", 75, 55, 4, 72 },
entry10 = {"et_minion_wdam_phy", 100, 100, 5, 72 },
entry11 = {"et_minion_armor_all", 75, 55, 6, 72 },
entry12 = {"et_duration_sec", 1001, 10, 0, 8 },
},
fightDistance = 0.000000,
aspect = "EA_SK_HARDCOMBAT",
cooldown = 120.000000,
soundProfile = 0,
cost_level = 110,
cost_base = 220,
focus_skill_name = "skill_SK_heavy_combat_focus",
lore_skill_name = "skill_tactics_lore",
spellClass = "cSpellSpawnEnemy",
spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_b_boost_self",
spelllogictype = "ca_ct_summoning",
sorting_rank = 3,
})
he follows me, fights for me and I cant summon more than one mob per time
I dont know why it doesnt work for you, I suggest trying again :P

I don't want the minotaur to be an exact duplicate of Holos the Paralyzer so I left the weapon as a sword.

I'm just brainstorming, take what you like :)

Edited by Luthal
  • Like! 1

You're right, they do follow you. But I'm having mixed results with using the spell entry you posted. :/

One of my Shadow Warriors can summon 2 minotaurs (and no more) at a time. This is acceptable, but I'd rather the limit be 1.

My other Shadow Warrior cannot summon anything. The animation and sound plays but no creature appears.

I have no clue why it behaves this way.

• Like! 1

ok dont ask me how could I guess it but I'm 80% sure that the summon counts as a mount.

max mounts available (by default) = horse + special = 2

if you have 0 mounts you can summon 2 minions but if u already have both of them you cant summon any minion

it seemed to work fine for me cause I only had the hellhound

take a look to your mounts and tell me if I'm right. in case I am I dont know how to fix it but I'll think about it

Edited by Luthal
  • Like! 1

You're right. My Shadow Warrior with no mounts could summon 2. My Shadow Warrior with HellHound + Horse could summon none. I sold my horse and now I can summon exactly 1.

I think I feel ok with that behavior, now that I know how and why it functions that way, I can inform players about it up front.

I think the Labyrinthine Warlord is the only summon I will make this way. I will make the Priestess of Doom a permanent buff, and the other summon CA's will stay as they are in the current release.

• Like! 1

ok, I maybe found the right solution. I'm trying the sakkara spellclass without setting a duration_sec

apparently it works like a charm:

-max 1 at a time

-right behaviour

-unaffected by mounts

-does not turn on my char (tested for about 5 mins but even 5 years shouldnt change anything since there is no duration)

• Like! 1

I'm about to try this...but I wonder, if the Shadow Warrior had the Sakkara divine gift, would an active minotaur summon prevent him from summoning the Sakkara demon? I need to test this with the new Inquisitor summon I made as well since it uses the "cSpellGodChaos", spell class.

EDIT: Just checked, it was as I feared. Any summon that uses the Sakkara spell class counts as a Sakkara demon. So the divine gift won't work for the Inquisitor or Shadow Warrior with their new summons.

I just thought of this, but it would also mean that if people were playing the mod in multiplayer together then only one of them could summon such a creature.

The limitations of this game makes me want to scream sometimes.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

sometimes I get the feeling that this game is kidding me <.<

I'll look for another way to summon one minion at a time without using a buff (I'd never use a summon buff, every other buff is better in my opinion)

I stopped trying to get the kral's beam as a sustained damaging ray because I realized fo find the zap version more suitable for the mind strike skill (instead of a debuffing spell)

I'm also experimenting new combinations of spellclasses and animations. you may want to try this (try vs groups of enemies)

mgr.defineSpell( "dm_me_energiebrand", {
	eiStateName = "cSpellCast",
	fxTypeCast = "FX_DM_WALL_C",
	fxTypeSpell = "FX_DM_WALL",
	fxTypeCastSpecial = "FX_DM_CAST_K",
	duration = 0.000000,
	animType = "ANIM_TYPE_SM08",
	animTypeApproach = "",
	animTypeRide = "",
	animTypeSpecial = "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM08-SPECIAL",
	causesSpellDamage = 1,
	tokens = {
		entry0 = {"et_chance_chain_nr", 1000, 2, 0, 4 },
		entry1 = {"et_spelldamage_magic", 630, 315, 0, 133 },
		entry2 = {"et_spelldamage_physical", 350, 175, 0, 133 },
		entry3 = {"et_spelldamage_magic", 310, 155, 1, 133 },
		entry4 = {"et_chance_chain_nr", 800, 1, 2, 4 },
		entry5 = {"et_chance_electrify", 400, 4, 3, 5 },
		entry6 = {"et_chance_chain_nr", 800, 1, 4, 4 },
		entry7 = {"et_chance_areasplash", 500, 5, 5, 5 },
		entry8 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 99, 1, 6, 5 },
		entry9 = {"et_hurl_enemy", 1000, 0, 0, 9 },
	},
	fightDistance = 1000.000000,
	aspect = "EA_DM_MENTALISM",
	cooldown = 0.000000,
	soundProfile = 0,
	cost_level = 300,
	cost_base = 600,
	focus_skill_name = "skill_DM_mentalism_focus",
	lore_skill_name = "skill_DM_mentalism_lore",
	spellClass = "cSpellHeEnergieblitz",
	spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_effect_attack_ray",
	sorting_rank = 0,
})

you'd be surprised in seeing how can be used the magic wall anim. at least I didnt expect that :lol:

• Like! 1

I was loving everything about this, well except the removement of dragon form? I am wonder why remove dragon form but keep berserker? I viewed the two as one being melee based and the other more caster based; but the caster based side is now gone.

The dragon form was kinda weak and very hard to manage. I totally agree flix s decision :P

Anyway I have to admit that losing the fire spells of the dragon form was a pity so I kept an hybrid transformation in my mod. I removed the dragon form but I made the berserk able to spit fire in addiction to his other spells.

I wont regret dragon form since it wasnt reliable at all

Hello Flix

I am having some troubles with installing the mod. I have the GME. and the mod is in the MOD file

But it does not show up in the GME enabler. Any idea what may be wrong?

Is the GME installed in the Sacred 2 root folder? Also the folder should be "MODS" not "MOD".

Edited by Flix

I was loving everything about this, well except the removement of dragon form? I am wonder why remove dragon form but keep berserker? I viewed the two as one being melee based and the other more caster based; but the caster based side is now gone.

I'm not really in the mood to defend against the "why did you remove <combat art name>" questions. As I've said before, when I have ideas for new combat arts, old ones have to be replaced because the game doesn't allow me to just expand the number of CA's. Something has to be replaced, and in almost every case I replace the weakest, least useful, least appealing or most difficult to mod CA's.

• Like! 1

I have to admit that losing the fire spells of the dragon form was a pity so I kept an hybrid transformation in my mod. I removed the dragon form but I made the berserk able to spit fire in addiction to his other spells.

Did you actually manage to successfully add a new combat art to the Berserk? Or did you replace one of his existing ones? Because if I could add a Fireball CA without losing Lacterate and Blood Frenzy I would do it.

• Like! 1

I like this mod a lot. Will the mod make a back up of the original files? I kinda like the CA's and the icons the way they are but I like that you have beefed up some of the default ones. The best thing that I liked was the dragon buff being able to help now instead of just wondering around. However I like the little red dragon. Would it also be possible to have the red dragon use his fireball and I think he folded his wings to defend. I guess basically making a copy of one of the bad little red dragons and make him good.

I like this mod a lot. Will the mod make a back up of the original files? I kinda like the Combat Arts and the icons the way they are but I like that you have beefed up some of the default ones. The best thing that I liked was the dragon buff being able to help now instead of just wondering around. However I like the little red dragon. Would it also be possible to have the red dragon use his fireball and I think he folded his wings to defend. I guess basically making a copy of one of the bad little red dragons and make him good.

Thank you. The Generic Mod Enabler can make a backup of all the original files. That's how it works. Then it swaps in the mod files, and can swap them back out to uninstall.

I'll probably make an "original style" icons pack available after the first official release. In fact I already have one, since that's how I originally made the mod. I just have to upload it.

If you want to summon a little red dragon then it's easy to change yourself. Open the spells.txt file from the mod. Search for "dm_dm_vertrauter" which is the dragon buff.

Then look at the line that says entry1 = {"et_summon_soldier", 1000, 2995, 0, 8 },

Change the number "2995" to "500".

• Like! 1

Does it say ROOT folder?

It's the main installation folder for Sacred 2. For me it's C:\Sacred 2 Gold. You want it to install in the folder that contains the folders "pak," "locale," "scripts," "system," and video". After installing the GME to this folder there should be a new folder called "MODS." Place the "Enhanced Spells 0.1" folder into the MODS folder. Run the GME. Enhanced Spells should be in the list of available mods.

Did you actually manage to successfully add a new combat art to the Berserk? Or did you replace one of his existing ones? Because if I could add a Fireball CA without losing Lacterate and Blood Frenzy I would do it.

yes but you'll have to edit drachenform instead of berserkerform.

open creatures.txt and change the itemtype of the drachenform with the berserker one, then change the modelscale from 0.200000 to 1.000000

now you just have to edit the drachenform spells (I suggest blood frenzy, lacerate and fire odem but that's your choice)

Edited by Luthal
  • Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition
  • The topic was pinned