Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

Hey Flix :D In my spells file I'm showing the 1000 but showing 2022 instead of the numbers you mentioned. Can I use the number of one of the bad red dragons and have it be able to attack or is there extra coding involved? Basically taking the default red dragon which from my understanding is the same as the bad red baby dragons but can't attack

Edited by Saraphima

Hey Flix :D In my spells file I'm showing the 1000 but showing 2022 instead of the numbers you mentioned. Can I use the number of one of the bad red dragons and have it be able to attack or is there extra coding involved? Basically taking the default red dragon which from my understanding is the same as the bad red baby dragons but can't attack

basically you wanna keep the old look while having him offensive as flix made it am I right?

replace this in creatures.txt

mgr.createCreature {
	id = 2995,
	itemtype_id = 12712,
	name = "New_Dragon_Companion",
	behaviour = "Hireling_distance",
	dangerclass = 1,
	groupmaxcount = 1,
	elite_creature_id = 1994,
	probabilityforelite = 0.000000,
	rank = 0,
	tenergy_creature_id = 1994,
	livesremaining = 0,
	unconscioustime = 20,
	palettebits = "1111111111111111",
	monstertype = 1,
	faction_id = 23,
	modelscale = 1.000000,
	rise_from_ground = 0,
	has_corpse = 1,
	has_soul = 1,
	can_strafe = 0,
	spells = {
		entry0 = { "dm_form_drgn_feuerball" },
		entry1 = { "gartor_armageddon" },
		entry2 = { "enemy_area_meteor" },
	},
}

that should do the trick ;)

Yeah something like that. Uh some reason I can't copy paste stuff :( I think the exact name in the creatures file is dragon small red. This is the same as the default red dragon for the mage except without the fireball, right?

that dragon hasnt any spells by default. to achieve your goal you can teach him the spells and change his behaviour or just replace the appearance of flix's companion with the old baby dragon one.

editing creatures.txt as I told you in my previous post changes the appearance and is by far the easiest way in my opinion.

You are seeing "2022" because you're changing the wrong spells.txt. I told you to change the spells.txt that came with the mod, you are looking at the original spells.txt that came with the game. "2022" is the creature ID for the original Familiar.

You can try to do it Luthal's way by editing creatures.txt to change his appearance and give him new spells but my way is much more simple because you only have to change one number in spells.txt.

ou are seeing "2022" because you're changing the wrong spells.txt. I told you to change the spells.txt that came with the mod, you are looking at the original spells.txt that came with the game. "2022" is the creature ID for the original Familiar.

You can try to do it Luthal's way by editing creatures.txt to change his appearance and give him new spells but my way is much more simple because you only have to change one number in spells.txt.

I thought he wanted a fighting familiar instead of the normal one...well, nvm :)

did you manage to make a 3-spells berserkform?

I thought he wanted a fighting familiar instead of the normal one...well, nvm :)

He did, that's why I told him to summon creature ID "500" the little red champion dragon. I tried it out and it did a good job fighting enemies.

did you manage to make a 3-spells berserkform?

No I didn't have any luck. I really don't want to swap Berserk Form and Dragon Form in the files. I'd have to swap the icons too, and characters from the current release wouldn't be compatible. I tried to find some way to add Fireball to Berserk form but it wouldn't appear.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Good evening to all brave warriors.
I find this fantastic mod. Unfortunately, I am French, how can I translate the global.res file.
The model could be included with the cmpatch 150. Would fabulous.
Sorry for my english and thank you for this mod. :)

• Like! 1

Thanks for the help guys :D I tried the 500 but the poor little guy didn't seem to want to attack anything. Am I missing something? Just to clarify I'm using the default files.

Yes, you have to install the mod first! :P Then make the change I described.

It works!

Thanks for the help :)

Btw Lost Fusion seems greatly improved. Is that the case?

I'm very glad. Lost Fusion is greatly improved. Many players felt it was too weak to use as a single aspect.

Good evening to all brave warriors.

I find this fantastic mod. Unfortunately, I am French, how can I translate the global.res file.

The model could be included with the cmpatch 150. Would fabulous.

Sorry for my english and thank you for this mod. :)

Hello and thank you. When the new CM Patch is released (hopefully soon), I will rebuild the mod using the new CM Patch files. After that, if you want to make a French translation of the mod, I can help you.

I was able to get the 500 to at least show up but he doesn't make noise and doesn't stay with you. He does glow gold though but doesn't attack. I think I might be close.

super edit: I have tried other creatures with some success. I tried some bosses which didn't do much except for killing guards, it was cool to see and the detail to them are pretty cool since they aren't killing you. I tried a griffin which didn't do much but the t-energy griffin did wonders. Not exactly sure why just yet. I'm thinking I might need to make some kind of hybrid dragon thing for it to work. I'm not very good at this kind of thing but it is fun to do. I do know some of the understanding with the spells and creature stuff from my spider queen mod.

Edited by Saraphima

I was able to get the 500 to at least show up but he doesn't make noise and doesn't stay with you. He does glow gold though but doesn't attack. I think I might be close.

super edit: I have tried other creatures with some success. I tried some bosses which didn't do much except for killing guards, it was cool to see and the detail to them are pretty cool since they aren't killing you. I tried a griffin which didn't do much but the t-energy griffin did wonders. Not exactly sure why just yet. I'm thinking I might need to make some kind of hybrid dragon thing for it to work. I'm not very good at this kind of thing but it is fun to do. I do know some of the understanding with the spells and creature stuff from my spider queen mod.

You know, I should have realized this but I guess your minions would attack friendly NPC's. Doing it the way I described, you're basically summoning enemies who have their "faction ID" set so that guards attack them. You might want to just do it the way Luthal described. Leave the spells entry the way it was originally in the mod, and just paste the new creatures.txt entry over the old one.

sometimes I get the feeling that this game is kidding me <.<

I'll look for another way to summon one minion at a time without using a buff (I'd never use a summon buff, every other buff is better in my opinion)

I've been testing the summons some more and I just discovered another reason why I can't use "cSpellSpawnEnemy" ... the spell tokens that increase minion damage, speed, attack and defense don't work. I'm starting to think there's no way around making summoning spells buffs.

Do you know what each faction number does what? Might be something worth adding to the guide. What I was thinking of trying was to take the faction number from the fire monkey thing add it to the dragon and give him some spells and see if that works.

Edited by Saraphima

I really like the source warden revamp you did. I am curious though. Could a mix between lost fusion and source warden work?

Or would the skill limit get in the way?

Can you clarify what you mean? "A mix between lost fusion and source warden" is very vague.

Do you know what each faction number does what? Might be something worth adding to the guide. What I was thinking of trying was to take the faction number from the fire monkey thing add it to the dragon and give him some spells and see if that works.

The Dragon I made for the mod already has the correct faction ID. No need to edit it. If you change the enemy Dragon's faction ID it probably won't be a proper enemy anymore (refusing to fight you), so you shouldn't change that either.

There's something I want to ask testers to check for: are you able to kill your mounts or friendly NPC's with any Combat Arts in Enhanced Spells?

I've been killing my mounts sometimes when I start the game and then cast offensive spells without mounting. For example, yesterday I used Scything Sweep against some enemies and my nearby horse and HellHound fell down dead. The mount is always alive again when I restart the game, so I didn't pay much attention, but today I killed a guard outside of Black Oaks with a spell.

I think it may be the new "hurl enemy" spell tokens I added to most of the spells. I suspect it may harm friendly characters when enemies are hurled into them. Any confirmation of this odd behavior?

Yes, I have killed a Quest NPC I should defend...

But I used your Spells in Sacred2 without Ice & Blood by editing spells.txt myself. After I removed the hurl_enemy it works perfect.

Ok thanks for letting me know. I'll experiment and see if I can fix this.

I think I found the solution. Basically I needed to reduce the damage caused. The spell tokens I inserted looked like this:

entry13 = {"et_hurl_enemy", 1000, 0, 0, 9 },

And I thought that meant a 100% chance to hurl enemies. What actually meant is that when an enemy hurls into something else it causes 100% of the CA's damage. What I needed to change it to was this:

entry13 = {"et_hurl_enemy", 1, 0, 0, 9 },

That should solve the problem. I didn't really want to be adding extra damage to CA's anyway, just changing the death animations. So it's fixed for the next version.

• The title was changed to Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition
  • The topic was pinned