Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

Flix these icons look very impressive! Who made them? :D

Why I did of course! Thank you. Many were adapted from other games (such as Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, Divinity 2, Dragon Age, Heretic Kingdoms). Some others are designed from very large pictures that I scaled down (like Destroyer and Protector), and some I painstakingly created using multiple elements (the combo icons for example, and Twisted Curse and Shivering Miasma).

For the classic icons I mostly just edited existing Sacred 2 icons. I also used two by Llama, two from Sacred 1, and two adapted from large Sacred 2 renders.

I'm a huge fan of the icons as well

Stellar assets for the mod

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep I see the problem. Thanks for reporting and sorry to others who have had this problem. I saw at least one other report on Mantis.

The problem is the new Haenir uses the same ID (2505) as one of the new Elite Mounts in creatures.txt. I expected I would add in the elite mounts at some point, so I left the creature entries in the scripts until I could activate them. When they were created months ago, there was no overlap because Haenir didn't use that ID (he was basically a clone of the Walther yeti boss). The new Haenir was inserted out of numerical order so I didn't notice the overlap when comparing the scripts - I just inserted him along with the dragon mount that had the same ID. So basically there are two creatures with the same ID and the one that comes second overrides the first. Anyway, I've fixed it. I just chopped the elite mounts out of creatures.txt for now. This of course throws off the whole numbering scheme for all the elite mounts, but that's something I'll worry about another day.

I'll upload a new version in a few days. I'd like to get the Polish translation set first.

Edited by Flix

Thanks TheEye. If you know what you're doing, you can also just open the creatures.txt that came with the mod, search "Mount_dragon_pyro" and delete that entry. Since there's a temp fix up, I'll wait a few more days to release a new version in case any more bug reports come in.

Thanks TheEye. If you know what you're doing, you can also just open the creatures.txt that came with the mod, search "Mount_dragon_pyro" and delete that entry. Since there's a temp fix up, I'll wait a few more days to release a new version in case any more bug reports come in.

Is this the whole entry that I need to delete?

mgr.createCreature {

id = 2505,

itemtype_id = 13398,

name = "Mount_dragon_pyro",

behaviour = "Mount_generic",

dangerclass = 0,

groupmaxcount = 1,

elite_creature_id = 2505,

probabilityforelite = 0.000000,

rank = 0,

tenergy_creature_id = 2505,

livesremaining = 0,

unconscioustime = 5,

palettebits = "1111111111111111",

monstertype = 0,

faction_id = 1,

modelscale = 1.000000,

rise_from_ground = 0,

has_corpse = 1,

has_soul = 1,

can_strafe = 0,

}
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice mod. I do have one option. I think this mod is great but tbh I'd like to keep some of the CAs such as Hallowed Restoration, Forest Flight and Shadow step. I managed to keep the effect but still the description is the same as in this mod and I dont know how to change this. if someone could help me I would really appreciate.

Nice mod. I do have one option. I think this mod is great but tbh I'd like to keep some of the CAs such as Hallowed Restoration, Forest Flight and Shadow step. I managed to keep the effect but still the description is the same as in this mod and I dont know how to change this. if someone could help me I would really appreciate.

You need the program that was developed for the CM Patch that decodes/encodes global.res. I'll try to find a place to upload the editor for Sacred 2 soon.

Hello. Love the mod. I noticed the Seraphim companion was a little derpy, she would just stand there sometimes (maybe waiting for cooldowns?) instead of attacking with her sword?

Also I don't know if this is possible but if not that's fine, I was wondering if you could tell me how to make the Inquisitor summon demon skill not attack the player and to make it a "Buff" Or if you had time and its possible to modify the file and maybe post it for download?

• Like! 1

I changed my mind and im going to give up on forest flight and shadow step so I installed the full mod. My only problem so far is with Twisted Curse. The effects I found on spells.txt are those:

entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 1000, 5, 0, 8 },
entry1 = {"et_debuff_movespeed", 200, 5, 0, 42 },
entry2 = {"et_hits_persec", 800, 1, 0, 4 },
entry3 = {"et_drop_a_head", 1900, 100, 0, 42 },
entry4 = {"et_spelldamage_magic", 400, 200, 0, 133 },
entry5 = {"et_spelldamage_poison", 400, 200, 0, 133 },
entry6 = {"et_essence_debuff_stats", 265, 6, 0, 42 },
entry7 = {"et_debuff_attackspeed", 300, 5, 0, 42 },
entry8 = {"et_debuff_movespeed", 200, 3, 1, 42 },
It fits with the small description for the spell ( damages, slows and reduces attributes ) but not with the detailed effects shown below
This bothers me a little and if you could fix this it would be appreciated.
PS: Im sure you can add more effects to be shown as ancient bark for example displays and this one only 5.
Edit: Im not sure if its only me because of incorrect install or everyone has this problem . Venomous Entrapment displays an effect from forest flight: immobilize opponents. However there is no such effect for the spell in spells.txt.
Edited by ThirstOfBlood
  • Like! 1

>"This bothers me a little and if you could fix this it would be appreciated."

I'd appreciate it if I could fix it too, but I can't. :) Read the known issues section in the mod notes. This is an issue in the vanilla game as well. For example Cleansing Brilliance adds hitpoint regeneration but you'd never know because it doesn't show up in the tooltip. The only workaround is to add the effects in the description text itself.

In the case of Twisted Curse, there's nothing wrong displayed there in the tooltip. Damage (entries 4-5), damage frequency (entry 2), duration (entry 0), and opponent's movement speed (entry 1) are all part of the spell and correctly displayed in the tooltip. The attack speed debuff and lowered attribute debuff don't display because new spell tokens just don't show up as properties in spell tooltips.

>"PS: Im sure you can add more effects to be shown as ancient bark for example displays and this one only 5."

You would be wrong in this case. I can't add more properties to the tool tip display, only change or remove them. The game only seems to recognize the spell tokens that were originally displayed. So the only place where I can add them is in the description text.

You''ll see this again if you use the new Thaumaturgic Nova. It causes magic DOT in addition to flat damage (like Energy Blaze), but the DOT doesn't display in the tooltip because it wasn't originally part of Shadow Step.

>"Venomous Entrapment displays an effect from forest flight: immobilize opponents."

Luckily I can fix this one. In the case of Venomous Entrapment, the game still sees the "duration" spell token and displays it as "Immobilize Opponents" because Forest Flight rooted opponents for a short duration. The number is actually correct - it now displays the duration of the trap. I just need to change the text to "Duration." I'll change it for the next version. :)

• Like! 1

Hello. Love the mod. I noticed the Seraphim companion was a little derpy, she would just stand there sometimes (maybe waiting for cooldowns?) instead of attacking with her sword?

Also I don't know if this is possible but if not that's fine, I was wondering if you could tell me how to make the Inquisitor summon demon skill not attack the player and to make it a "Buff" Or if you had time and its possible to modify the file and maybe post it for download?

Whoops sorry guess I missed this comment.

I'm glad to get some feedback on the Sublime Guardian. Here's the tricky thing about new minions... they can only use one of two behavior patterns: The Fire Demon or the Nether Allegiance skeletons. If I use the skeleton AI, the minion will ONLY attack with weapon attacks and will never cast any combat arts of any kind. However they will attack reliably and relentlessly. If I use the Fire Demon AI, they will use combat arts, even weapon based ones, but they are very unreliable about using normal weapon attacks. They will often run aroudnd unpredictably not doing much of anything.

For a mage-like minion the Fire Demon AI is ideal, and for a minion I want to just hammer enemies with auto-attack the skeleton AI is ideal. The tricky part comes with trying to create a minion that attacks with weapon-based combat arts and buffs itself with powerful melee-boosting buffs. That was what I tried to do with the Sublime Guardian. I tried to make her combat arts so powerful that it made up for the fact that she didn't attack constantly. It's also more interesting and exciting to see her using Pelting Strikes and Assailing Somersault. However, if players feel that she's just not pulling her weight, I can change her so that she just uses auto-attack (but this is all that she will ever use).

Making the new Demon a buff is easy. Change the "spell class" entry to that of Nether Allegiance. Change the "spell control type" entry to a buff. Change the cooldown to zero. Remove the duration spell tokens and renumber the tokens so that they're still sequential. That should be all you need to do. You may also need to change "et_summon_officer" to "et_summon_soldier".

Edited by Flix

"I can't add more properties to the tool tip display, only change or remove them."

Are the Combat Arts effects presets or its you who writes their description . Meaning, can you change, for eg . The text for opponent's movement speed from the twisted curse? If you can I thought of a way arround.. because firstly IMO the CA is a little overpowered and changing the stats, attack speed and movement speed reduction so that they all have the same numbers you could change the opponent's movement and attack speed or something like that. And I have one more idea.. maybe include the damage frequency in the description? As long as its something static ( and by this I mean u cant change it in any way ) there is no point for it in being there. You could replace it with the stats reduction.

So.. my suggestion towards you is to change the damage frequency from Twisted curse with the stats reduction.. and if you can.. change the description for Opponents movement speed to Opponents movement and attack speed. And maybe lower it a little if attack speed reduction becomes too high if equal to movement speed reduction. Another idea is for sinister predator. The description says it increases the chance to hit for all weapons ( this is an increase to attack value I presume ). Why not change it with the damage bar from the spell for it does not affect the damage at all. Despite those little unconfortable issues, the mod is great. I also played a little on my high elf. This mod works flawlessly there. Thank you once again for this and please do tell me if what I suggested is possible.

Edited by ThirstOfBlood
  • The title was changed to Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition
  • The topic was pinned