Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

It seems like something I might know but really I haven't the slightest clue. It's really way beyond anything I've worked on. PhysX has always caused performance issues and crashes with this game so I don't think I'd want to try it.

I see, that's a shame then. I know the performance issues and crashes many people have, but I seem to be lucky and I typically don't play for long stretches of time. If you ever do have the time and are slightly curious, I'd be happy to help test it out or something, though this is beyond not necessary and I'm pretty sure many people wouldn't use it, so it's okay if nothing is done about it. Some PhysX is better than none.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I registered to the forums just so I could thank you for sharing this awesome mod with us. It's really a big change, much more than I expected, and for the better.

I use the Sacred 2 GOG (English) version + the CM patch v1.50 + Enhanced spells v1.2 (downloaded from the Nexus, if it matters).

There are two small issues I would like to send you feedback about :

- if I play my Seraphim and summon the "Sublime Guardian", the pet attacks in melee without ever doing any damage. Also I have yet to see her cast "Instill Belief", or use any combat art for the matter. It's not terribly penalizing, since I am used to play Seraphims without summons, but I haven't found her any real use but as pretty looking "cannon fodder" in front of the Griffin so far.

- if I play my High-Elf, and summon both the "Fire Daemon" and the "Mage Familiar", they kick ass to the point that I really have not much left to do at lower levels. To give you an example, I think I've seen my mage familiar one-shooting "champions", while my mage has to cast 2, 3 or more of her fully upgraded "Ancestral Fireball" spell to get the same result. This is on "silver" difficulty, around level 20.

Otherwise, it's near perfect : I really enjoy myself playing with the mod right now, I like the new icons and am in awe at how much more lively and dramatic the game feels with corpses flying when my characters unleash their wrath ^.^

Thank you very much for your continued work on this mod, I highly recommend it.

Edited by ThisIsMe
  • Like! 1

Hi,

I registered to the forums just so I could thank you for sharing this awesome mod with us. It's really a big change, much more than I expected, and for the better.

I use the Sacred 2 GOG (English) version + the CM patch v1.50 + Enhanced spells v1.2 (downloaded from the Nexus, if it matters).

There are two small issues I would like to send you feedback about :

- if I play my Seraphim and summon the "Sublime Guardian", the pet attacks in melee without ever doing any damage. Also I have yet to see her cast "Instill Belief", or use any combat art for the matter. It's not terribly penalizing, since I am used to play Seraphims without summons, but I haven't found her any real use but as pretty looking "cannon fodder" in front of the Griffin so far.

- if I play my High-Elf, and summon both the "Fire Daemon" and the "Mage Familiar", they kick ass to the point that I really have not much left to do at lower levels. To give you an example, I think I've seen my mage familiar one-shooting "champions", while my mage has to cast 2, 3 or more of her fully upgraded "Ancestral Fireball" spell to get the same result. This is on "silver" difficulty, around level 20.

Otherwise, it's near perfect : I really enjoy myself playing with the mod right now, I like the new icons and am in awe at how much more lively and dramatic the game feels with corpses flying when my characters unleash their wrath ^.^

Thank you very much for your continued work on this mod, I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the feedback. The summons could probably use another balance pass. I probably over-corrected for what I perceived as very weak summons.

I don't know why the Sublime Guardian wouldn't be causing any damage, unless her attacks are just missing. I had to remove her ability to cast combat arts because she would just stand around idly until she could cast the ability again.

The summons could probably use another balance pass. I probably over-corrected for what I perceived as very weak summons.

I don't know why the Sublime Guardian wouldn't be causing any damage, unless her attacks are just missing. I had to remove her ability to cast combat arts because she would just stand around idly until she could cast the ability again.

Thank you for your reply,

About the High-elf summons, I think that their power would be okay if common enemies perceived them more of a threat than they currently do, and tried to kill them quick. Most of them always go for my mage that can kite them around.

I do not know how much agency you have on AI behavior, but "bosses" do not seem to have that issue. When I fought the Griffin for example, the first thing it tried to do was to kill both my summons, depriving my mage of the essential buffs that they provide. Her casting suddenly felt like molasses, with less damage output, and whenever she got hit the lack of hp-regen was very noticeable.

However, I agree with you that it's a (subtle) matter of balance that it is NOT easy to achieve, because the other extreme would be equally undesirable (enemies totally ignoring my mage, with summons "tanking" them).

About the Sublime Guardian, whenever I summon her, she properly looks for and engages enemies, but see does not hurt them at all for what I can see when my Seraphim stands back. I do not know the insides of game enough to tell you if it's because she lacks "attack", or if her weapon lacks "damage", but it happens with any kind of common and low-level enemies that I've pitted her against. I first thought it might be a matter of resistances.

Anyway, as I've said, these are only nitpicks as far as I am concerned. I rather prefer summons to be somewhat over-powered, in which case I can chose to call and use them situationally, than blatantly underwhelming, in which case I can't do anything but perceive them as totally useless and ignore them. Some powers are like that in the vanilla game. The "Sublime Guardian" as she currently comes still has her use as distraction against bosses just running around, pretending to swing her blade around and looking pretty ^.^

Welcome ThisIsMe and Logen Schok :yay::drinks:

Hehe, thank you very much for the welcome ;) :lol:

Edited by ThisIsMe
  • 1 month later...

Hey check out what I found. A German player did a bunch of let's play videos for Enhanced Spells. They made a High Elf and a Seraphim and played through some of the game.

It's in German so I don't know what he's saying. He might be saying the mod sucks but it's nice to see some gameplay videos popping up.

• Like! 1

Hey check out what I found. A German player did a bunch of let's play videos for Enhanced Spells. They made a High Elf and a Seraphim and played through some of the game.

It's in German so I don't know what he's saying. He might be saying the mod sucks but it's nice to see some gameplay videos popping up.

Hey Flix, some time ago since we talk to each other.^^

How you're doing ?

Nope, the German Let's Player said he likes the Sonic Vortex Skill and the Enhanced Spells Mod overall.

And its cool that I am the one who translated it in german, it makes me a little proud that someone read my translated text. xD

You're Mod is great, deal with it. ;)

But I have a question, is it any possible to make Draconic Fury combo'able ?

Because Battle Trance + Draconic Fury in one combo would be nice.

• Like! 1

How you're doing ?

Nope, the German Let's Player said he likes the Sonic Vortex Skill and the Enhanced Spells Mod overall.

And its cool that I am the one who translated it in german, it makes me a little proud that someone read my translated text. xD

Great to hear from you. Thanks for letting me know about what was said in the video. I'm still very glad to have the fan translations for this mod, it's a very special thing.

Sadly Dragon's Wrath can't go in a combo because the game still "thinks" it is Dragon Form, which is hard-coded not to go into a combo. So I can't change that. :\ I agree it would be a perfect combo but it's the best I can do.

• Like! 1

How you're doing ?

Great to hear from you. Thanks for letting me know about what was said in the video. I'm still very glad to have the fan translations for this mod, it's a very special thing.

Sadly Dragon's Wrath can't go in a combo because the game still "thinks" it is Dragon Form, which is hard-coded not to go into a combo. So I can't change that. :\ I agree it would be a perfect combo but it's the best I can do.

You're Welcome. :)

Oh ok I have thought so that this Skill is hard-coded.

I'm playing right now the Dragonmage as a 2-Hand Sword Dragon Aspect Melee and it makes really fun !

Endless Fire is really cool with this mod and the cone gets bigger with every CA-Level right ?

Can you adjust this CA a little more so I can hit more enemies if I use it in melee distance ?

I hit only 1 enemie if 3+ stands in front of me....CA is only Level 10 right now, will the cone hit more enemies in close combat if its Level 100 ?

IThe Rest is good.

And I have a another problem and I dont know where to ask this, but I have some armor errors.

To more specific, the Dragon Mage Armor, I find interesting armors with neat looking icons but if I wear them, they are not the ones displayed from the icons, do you know what I mean ?

I attached a picture.

I can say I use only the CM Patch 1.50,Enhanced Spells Mod, Item Mod 1.2a Hotfix, Portrait Mod and Wardust Textures + the Wardust 1.50 Patch.

Can it be a Wardust Error ?

And its Generic Armor, no Sets or Unique but it still bugs me.

post-23616-0-69778100-1449502724_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shadowflare85

Endless Fire is really cool with this mod and the cone gets bigger with every CA-Level right ?

Can you adjust this CA a little more so I can hit more enemies if I use it in melee distance ?

I hit only 1 enemie if 3+ stands in front of me....CA is only Level 10 right now, will the cone hit more enemies in close combat if its Level 100 ?

The range increases but very slightly. I set the range to be small to limit how far the "plague fire" spreads to other enemies because it can spread very far very fast. Take the bronze mod Licking Flames if you want to hit more enemies at once.

And I have a another problem and I dont know where to ask this, but I have some armor errors.

To more specific, the Dragon Mage Armor, I find interesting armors with neat looking icons but if I wear them, they are not the ones displayed from the icons, do you know what I mean ?

I attached a picture.

I can say I use only the CM Patch 1.50,Enhanced Spells Mod, Item Mod 1.2a Hotfix, Portrait Mod and Wardust Textures + the Wardust 1.50 Patch.

It's definitely caused by Wardust's mod. It's not a bug exactly. Wardust just didn't change any icons to match all the changes he made to armor.

• Like! 1

The range increases but very slightly. I set the range to be small to limit how far the "plague fire" spreads to other enemies because it can spread very far very fast. Take the bronze mod Licking Flames if you want to hit more enemies at once.

>>>>And I have a another problem and I dont know where to ask this, but I have some armor errors.

I attached a picture.

It's definitely caused by Wardust's mod. It's not a bug exactly. Wardust just didn't change any icons to match all the changes he made to armor.

Ah ok, I took the Licking Flames Bronze Mod, so I level the CA further and look for myself. ^^

I think I'll take Hunger and Death Blow as the other Mods, and I think I have a good Area of Effect and Boss Killer Spell.

Is Dragon Strike adjustable so it doesnt get stuck anymore ?

Dragon Strike is the only one which I dont use of the Dragon Aspect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the armor problem is not a problem ?^^

Glad to hear but this means that if I find a new armor with the same icon it COULD be the one displayed as the icon ?

So one armor icon COULD have 2 armor meshes ( is this the correct word for this ? )

Am I correct ?

Sounds a little confusing but if its not a bug than its ok, I can live with that.

Flix, can you tell me where the monster models are located for the little rats that are looking like the small goblins ?

For the Monsters NAGER and PESTRATTE I have little goblins as monsters and not the normal RATS model as it should be.

Thank you for your answers

Edited by Shadowflare85

No, but it's still a very good combat art when you're not in a dungeon. It scales better than vanilla.

Is Dragon Strike adjustable so it doesnt get stuck anymore ?

Dragon Strike is the only one which I dont use of the Dragon Aspect.

No, but it's still a very good spell when you're not in a dungeon. Its power scales better in the mod than in vanilla.

So the armor problem is not a problem ?^^ Glad to hear but this means that if I find a new armor with the same icon it COULD be the one displayed as the icon ?

So one armor icon COULD have 2 armor meshes ( is this the correct word for this ? )

Am I correct ?

Sounds a little confusing but if its not a bug than its ok, I can live with that.

Well, it's more like a flaw or an incomplete feature rather than a bug or glitch. He simply failed to update the icons when he swapped the armor models.

The swap applies 100% of the time. You don't have a chance to get 2 different meshes, it's a total model change that always applies.

I don't know why he changed the rats into kobolds. If you want to undo those changes, look in this folder of the mod:

models\npc\monsters\riesenratte

and delete all the files in that folder.

• Like! 1

So I was thinking about updating the mod with some balance tweaks based on player feedback. But I was also considering including some changes to skills and attributes. Here are the proposed changes:

Dragon Mage can now learn the following skills:

• Hafted Weapons
  • Ranged Weapons
  • Blacksmith
  • Damage Lore is now primary skill choice

Dryad can now learn the following skills:

• Hafted Weapons
  • Toughness
  • Blacksmith
  • Damage Lore is now a primary skill choice

High Elf can now learn the following skills:

• Hafted Weapons
  • Combat Reflexes
  • Blacksmith

Inquisitor can now use shields and learn the following skills:

• Shield Lore
  • Enhanced Perception

Shadow Warrior can now learn the following skills:

• Bargaining

Seraphim can now learn the following skills:

• Blacksmith

Temple Guardian can now learn the following skills:

• Magic Staves
  • Alchemy

I wanted to add more versatility to builds by allowing more skill choices. All the characters would be able to choose all the General Skills, so you could try a blacksmith High Elf or an alchemist Temple Guardian. Damage Lore would be a primary skill choice for casters, so that they wouldn't have to take a useless weapon-based skill to access it. Inquisitor could gain the use of shields, and other characters could invest in a wider range of offensive and defensive skills. An archer Dragon Mage or axe-wielding Dryad would now be options.

Pacifism skill removed from game - mainly to make room for other defensive skills, but also because it's pretty useless.

Attributes' effect on weapon damage is increased. So that investment in Intelligence will really make a notable difference in magic staff damage, for example. It's more fun when Vitality is not the only stat worth investing in.

There would also be some tweaks to Alchemy. Recovery Elixirs can now have additional DOT damping unlocked by the Alchemy skill, and can now be bought from merchants. Trophy powers scale better with the Alchemy skill now.

Would people be interested in an update that included these changes?

So I was thinking about updating the mod with some balance tweaks based on player feedback. But I was also considering including some changes to skills and attributes. Here are the proposed changes:

Dragon Mage can now learn the following skills:

• Hafted Weapons
  • Ranged Weapons
  • Blacksmith
  • Damage Lore is now primary skill choice

Dryad can now learn the following skills:

• Hafted Weapons
  • Toughness
  • Blacksmith

High Elf can now learn the following skills:

• Hafted Weapons
  • Combat Reflexes
  • Blacksmith

Inquisitor can now use shields and learn the following skills:

• Shield Lore
  • Enhanced Perception

Shadow Warrior can now learn the following skills:

• Bargaining

Seraphim can now learn the following skills:

• Blacksmith

• Magic Staves
  • Alchemy

I wanted to add more versatility to builds by allowing more skill choices. All the characters would be able to choose all the General Skills, so you could try a blacksmith High Elf or an alchemist Temple Guardian. Damage Lore would be a primary skill choice for casters, so that they wouldn't have to take a useless weapon-based skill to access it. Inquisitor could gain the use of shields, and other characters could invest in a wider range of offensive and defensive skills. An archer Dragon Mage or axe-wielding Dryad would now be options.

Pacifism skill removed from game - mainly to make room for other defensive skills, but also because it's pretty useless.

Attributes' effect on weapon damage is increased. So that investment in Intelligence will really make a notable difference in magic staff damage, for example. It's more fun when Vitality is not the only stat worth investing in.

There would also be some tweaks to Alchemy. Recovery Elixirs can now have additional DOT damping unlocked by the Alchemy skill, and can now be bought from merchants. Trophy powers scale better with the Alchemy skill now.

Would people be interested in an update that included these changes?

First, thank you for helping me with the kobold problem and inform me regarding the Armor Icon problem.

Second,

I would say this is a brilliant idea, more Skill choices are a good thing.

I'm interested ! ^^

For the Dragon Mage, is there a way to add 2-Weapon Combat ?

A Dual Wielding Dragon Mage with Dragon CA's would be awesome !

The other Stuff sounds really cool. :)

• Like! 1

A Dual Wielding Dragon Mage with Dragon Combat Arts would be awesome !

Yeah, I could add Dual Wield. The Dragon Mage only has room for 2 more Offensive Skills though, so it would have to be Dual Wield instead of Hafted Weapons, I think.

• Like! 1

• Magic Staves

Morbid curiostiy, but how do the Magic Staves shot and the Arm Cannon shot interact? Which takes precedence?

Magic Staff projectiles take precedence over the battery. Players might find this preferable as weapon damage is usually much higher than battery damage. In my tests, I was killing enemies noticeably more quickly with the staff projectiles than with the arm cannon.

A Dual Wielding Dragon Mage with Dragon Combat Arts would be awesome !

Yeah, I could add Dual Wield. The Dragon Mage only has room for 2 more Offensive Skills though, so it would have to be Dual Wield instead of Hafted Weapons, I think.

This would be so awesome if you add Dual Wield for the Dragon Mage !^^

I think you should add Hafted Weapons and Dual Wield as the the 2 new offensive Skills for the Dragon Mage.

But this is my opinion and shouldn't reflect the opinion of others.

Hello again, Flix. It's really great to see that you're still doing the mods for this game. It's a bit sad that its community is not as active as it once was, so I decided to drop by and give you a heads-up on the new version of the Spell Mod.

Adding new skills is a great idea as it adds more character build opportunities and for some people might warrant a few more playthroughs. I would have suggested adding everything for everybody just for variety's sake, but I know that some things are technically impossible, or at least incredibly hard (the High Elf is not going to Dual Wield unless you spend an insane amount of time making animations for that). As it is, your list looks reasonable and I'd say to go for it, but like Shadowflare I would have suggested to add all three remaining offensive skills to DM's roster as well as maybe throwing in Hafted for seraphim and Staffs for SW. I wonder what's the reason for the limitation? Do you think it unbalanced to give them a greater amount of skills?

If you feel limited by the technical side of the business, like fitting all skills in the window, then it's not hard to remedy, at least in DM's case. If you actually removed Pacifism from the game, then DM should have 4 Basic Defensive skills and only 2 Advanced ones. You can shift Spell Resistance to the Advanced level and thus free some room in the window (it's a personal opinion, but I can't think of character whose only defensive skill is Spell Resistance). Alternately you can make the window slightly bigger to accommodate the changes (that's what I did in my game when I thought about expanding the amount of skills). To do so you need to edit Attributes.xml from skin-xml: look for where it says "CWindow name="skilloverview"" and change height from 590 to 640 or 650 (640 is enough for everything to fit, but you might think that 650 looks slightly better). That adds enough space for one more row of skills but keeps the window small enough to fit the screen well at 720p (I've never seen this game running at 800x600 and even if this resolution is possible, I don't think that many people would try it nowadays).

Anyway, regardless of what you'd decide with the skills, I'll be looking forward for the new version of the mod. I was going to recommend it to my friends next time we think about playing Sacred 2 co-op, so it's great to know that the more polished version is on the way.

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Like! 1

Hello again, Flix. It's really great to see that you're still doing the mods for this game. It's a bit sad that its community is not as active as it once was, so I decided to drop by and give you a heads-up on the new version of the Spell Mod.

Yeah the fanbase is pretty much dried up. This will probably the last release of this mod.

I wonder what's the reason for the limitation? Do you think it unbalanced to give them a greater amount of skills?

Just not enough room in the window. But you're right, a height change in Attributes.xml did the trick, and it seems to play ok with or without UI scaling turned on. A value of 620 actually worked fine for all the characters.

With this change I was able to add Hafted Weapons for DM, and also Hafted for seraphim and Staffs for SW, and Toughness for High Elf.

It's good to hear that you decided to add all available skills to the list. At least now players won't be asking why you added one skill and not another.

However I'm not sure about window height value that would fit everybody. Which UI design are you currently using? Is it the D2F one? I'm asking because with the default CM Patch UI and fonts the window height of 620 looks like this (both with and without UI scaling):

bvLGtfrm.png

Maybe it's just a weirdness on my laptop's part, or maybe different UI frames actually do affect the size of the space available inside the windows.

Yeah the fanbase is pretty much dried up. This will probably the last release of this mod.

> I wonder what's the reason for the limitation? Do you think it unbalanced to give them a greater amount of skills?

Just not enough room in the window. But you're right, a height change in Attributes.xml did the trick, and it seems to play ok with or without UI scaling turned on. A value of 620 actually worked fine for all the characters.

With this change I was able to add Hafted Weapons for DM, and also Hafted for seraphim and Staffs for SW, and Toughness for High Elf.

Flix, could you send me also the Updated Enhanced Spells Mod so I can check if it fits in the German UI of the Game ?

Or do you have forgotten my e-mail ? ;)

However I'm not sure about window height value that would fit everybody. Which UI design are you currently using? Is it the D2F one? I'm asking because with the default CM Patch UI and fonts the window height of 620 looks like this (both with and without UI scaling):

It doesn't look like that because Spell Resistance took Pacifism's place.

Flix, could you send me also the Updated Enhanced Spells Mod so I can check if it fits in the German UI of the Game ?

Or do you have forgotten my e-mail ? ;)

I still have it. But there shouldn't be any difference between the language versions. The new version is up for download.

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition
  • The topic was pinned