Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

I hope everyone's enjoying Enhanced Spells 1.4. I'm about ready to retire the mod. I removed the call for translations in the lead post. Unless some major bug crops up I don't expect to do any more updates. Here's some friendly reminders about some of the bonus features:

Classic Icons Pack is for people who find the new ones too unfamiliar or just not to their taste. After installing Enhanced Spells, you can go into the game folder and find the new icons (pak/data/icons/spells), delete them, and then paste in the classic icons. Most CA's will have their normal icon, only the changed/swapped CA's will have new icons, and those will be done in the classic style, like so:

Algwuvlt.jpg NCbz7AYt.jpg YqV6hxpt.jpg 5llH0Wqt.jpg c4FQsTEt.jpg r7fYfoWt.jpg Oi5cnhpt.jpg

Challenge Mode Patch

Challenge Mode for Enhanced Spells was loosely adapted from the great Survival Mod by steinerrr. Silver Fox once told me that many remaining Sacred 2 players (at least on the Russian forums) were those that wanted to boast of the power of their builds, and Enhanced Spells seemed to make the game too easy. The Challenge Patch is for them and any experts who want a punishing challenge while playing the game. Just use the Mod Enabler to install it on top of Enhanced Spells. You can also install the patch as a stand-alone mod for the base game if you want only the challenge increase with the vanilla spells.

I didn't make the Portrait Pack a separate module, but if you want the original portraits back, after installing the mod you can go into pak/data/party and delete the new portraits.

• Like! 1

Unless some major bug crops up I don't expect to do any more updates.

So this is the final version of Enhanced Spells mod? Fine by me, this mod kicks ass and it changed the way I played Sacred 2 completely and forever! I have yet to try the Diablo 2 Fallen mod but it's not very compatible with Polish, so...

I have just one question, is ESM compatible with Wardust's Serious Textures? And if those are compatible, what would the install order be when I also use Elite mounts and the Item Mod hotfix?

Oh yes! Assuming you're using the latest Wardust mod update I posted on here a few days ago (DL link leads to Sacred2Nexus), the install order is:

• Community Patch 1.50
  • Community Items Mod 1.2a Hotfix
  • Elite Mounts Mod 1.10
  • Wardust's Serious Textures 2.0 [Just the Textures module, not the Wardust Spells obviously]
  • Enhanced Spells 1.4 + optional Challenge Mode Patch

Install them like this, and you will get the full benefits of all the mods! No compatibility patches needed. The Mod Enabler will warn about certain files being overwritten, but I built in compatibility where necessary, so there should be no trouble.

You could also install Reduced Fog Mod and Flix's Music Mod anywhere in this order, and you would have my ultimate way of playing Sacred 2 (this is my personal setup for maximum awesomeness). ;)

You can also tweak and customize Wardust's Textures to a certain extent. If you like most of it except for certain changes, you can usually go in and find the textures you don't like and delete with no problem.

• Like! 1

Install them like this, and you will get the full benefits of all the mods! No compatibility patches needed.

Awesome! I'll install Wardust textures right now! :D

You could also install Reduced Fog Mod and Flix's Music Mod anywhere in this order, and you would have my ultimate way of playing Sacred 2 (this is my personal setup for maximum awesomeness). ;)

I could install your Music Mod but I find regular Sacred 2 music enjoyable, and I'm not bothered by fog in this game so I just don't need the reduced fog. Personal preference, that is all :D

So, uh, I decided to make a Dragon Mage with dual wielding that greatly utilizes Dragon's Wrath and I found an issue, and what I mean is that when you have dual wielding and you start using a special mount (I used the one from Elite Mounts, I have no idea if it's that one exclusively or just mounts overall) and my attack speed got DRASTICALLY decreased. (So much that it made me type it in capital letters, shiet's serious) which makes me wanna go on foot for the whole game. Is there a way to fix it?

So, uh, I decided to make a Dragon Mage with dual wielding that greatly utilizes Dragon's Wrath and I found an issue, and what I mean is that when you have dual wielding and you start using a special mount (I used the one from Elite Mounts, I have no idea if it's that one exclusively or just mounts overall) and my attack speed got DRASTICALLY decreased. (So much that it made me type it in capital letters, shiet's serious) which makes me wanna go on foot for the whole game. Is there a way to fix it?

Dang! I don't know why that would happen. I'll do some tests but I'm not sure I'd know how to solve that if that was happening. It seemed to be working fine with the normal Draconicon when I tried it before. What weapons are you using?

• 3 weeks later...

Is the black-green Dryad the visual animation for Ancient Bark of the CM Patch?

Just needing confirmation.

Hi! In Enhanced Spells, Ancient Bark uses the same visual effect as the CM Patch:

Ancient_bark_visual_effect.jpg

It's possible to change it back to the vanilla effect, if you want to know how, I can post it.

AncientBark_3.jpg

• Like! 1

Is the black-green Dryad the visual animation for Ancient Bark of the CM Patch?

Just needing confirmation.

Hi! In Enhanced Spells, Ancient Bark uses the same visual effect as the CM Patch:

Ancient_bark_visual_effect.jpg

It's possible to change it back to the vanilla effect, if you want to know how, I can post it.

AncientBark_3.jpg

Wow. It's so much better than the original - why would I even want to change it back?

the revised effect is much nicer, more subtle. Always felt the Bark's effect was too overwhelming, and masked too much detail

:)

gogo

Definitely agree Gogo.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I looked in this thread but could not find out if this mod is compatible with CM patch ?

Can someone tell me if it is?

Thanks.

Hello! This mod requires the CM Patch actually. It's written on the file download page but I guess I should put that in the thread too.

Yeah I figured that out after I download the mod, thank you very much.

Kinda off topic, my game crashes all the time, like completely freezes my desktop as well, cant alt tab to anything, at completely random times, if I open the map, if I save and exit, if I cast some spell, I'm running win 8.1 x64, any idea what the cause of it could be?

• 2 months later...

Hey Flix, I was wondering what kind of balance changes you might've made to CA's after 1.2 since I never upgraded. I'm concerned about the attribute changes making my attacks more powerful and then forcing a need to use your challenge mode patch all the time. Which btw I feel is brilliantly done but necessitates playing only extremely powerful builds, whereas I prefer more creative freedom and like to consider the challenge patch an excellent post-niob type option. I love enhanced spells and would never want to play without it since I run single player only, so thanks for doing such great work on it.

Hey Flix, I was wondering what kind of balance changes you might've made to Combat Arts after 1.2 since I never upgraded. I'm concerned about the attribute changes making my attacks more powerful and then forcing a need to use your challenge mode patch all the time. Which btw I feel is brilliantly done but necessitates playing only extremely powerful builds, whereas I prefer more creative freedom and like to consider the challenge patch an excellent post-niob type option. I love enhanced spells and would never want to play without it since I run single player only, so thanks for doing such great work on it.

Hey, here's the full changelog. It accidentally got erased from the file page but it is included in the download as a txt file:

Enhanced Spells Changelog 1.3 >> 1.4

* Changed Dragon Mage's casting animations for Energy Blaze and Dragon's Wrath to allow for faster casting when Dual Wielding.
* Fixed bugged animations for Dragon Mage when Dual Wielding on special mount.
* Added new portrait pack + brighter player health bar.
* Added translation for Russian language.
* Added compatibility with Elite Mounts mod for all 5 supported languages.
==========================================
Enhanced Spells Changelog 1.2 >> 1.3
* Balanced the offensive power of the High Elf's Fire Demon and Mage's Familiar summons.
* Improved the power and survivability of the Shadow Warrior's Labyrinthine Warlord summon.
* Fixed a bug that was causing the Seraphim's Sublime Guardian summon not to deal any damage.
* Dragon Mage can now learn the following skills: Dual Wield, Hafted Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Blacksmith. Spell Resistance is now secondary skill.
* Dryad can now learn the following skills: Hafted Weapons, Toughness, Blacksmith.
* High Elf can now learn the following skills: Hafted Weapons, Combat Reflexes, Toughness, Blacksmith. Constitution is now primary skill.
* Inquisitor can now use shields and learn the following skills: Shield Lore, Enhanced Perception.
* Shadow Warrior can now learn the following skills: Magic Staves, Bargaining.
* Seraphim can now learn the following skills: Hafted Weapons, Blacksmith.
* Temple Guardian can now learn the following skills: Magic Staves, Alchemy. Concentration is now primary skill.
* Damage Lore is now a primary skill choice for all characters, so that a pure spellcaster doesn't have to take a weapon skill to access it.
* Pacifism skill removed from game.
* Attributes' effect on weapon damage is increased.
* Recovery Elixirs now have additional temporary DOT damping unlocked by the Alchemy skill.
* Trophy powers now scale better with the Alchemy skill.
* Improved the effect of the Enhanced Perception skill.
* Significantly better gold and experience quest rewards on higher difficulty levels (especially with Challenge Mode enabled).
* Added built-in compatibility with Elite Mounts mod. No additional compatibility patches are necessary. Elite Mounts must be installed BEFORE Enhanced Spells.
Enhanced Spells Changelog 1.1 >> 1.2
* Bronze Mod "Readiness" for Rousing Command now properly adds Defense Value.
* Bronze Mod "Corrosion" for Shivering Miasma/Deathchill Aura should now have a noticeable effect on enemy resistances.
* Added translations for German and Polish languages.
* Added optional "Challenge Mode" for the mod, with significantly stronger monsters and increased difficulty.
Enhanced Spells Changelog 1.0 >> 1.1
* Fixed the problem with Haenir boss (Northland Expedition) not spawning.
* Changed Harbinger of Death to a permanent buff so that her modifications now function. The daemon will no longer turn on the Inquisitor.
* Fixed the Venomous Entrapment tooltip so it doesn't display an effect from Forest Flight (immobilize opponents).
* Removed the attack speed debuff from Twisted Curse. Added tooltip text for Opponent's Attributes -X%
* Lowered Thaumaturgic Nova base magic damage. Added tooltip text for Magic DOT.
* Changed Sublime Guardian's AI so she attacks more reliably and consistently. She cannot use her CA's anymore however, only auto-attack.
* Fixed Eternal Fire not hitting enemies when it appears that it should. Effect range increased and minimum casting distance decreased.
===========================================
Enhanced Spells Changelog 0.1 beta >> 1.0
* Shivering Miasma now inflicts ice damage.
* Dragon's Wrath now has sustained visual effect.
* The Sublime Guardian now has full gear starting at level 1, and can cast Instill Belief on enemies.
* Fixed Draconic Ally being exceptionally underpowered - now has more life and damage. Removed the meteor spell to prevent being overpowered.
* Labyrinthine Warlord and Priestess of Doom summons are now permanent buffs.
* Fixed Dragon Berserk, Lacerate, and Blood Frenzy being overpowered at low levels.
* Enemies are less likely to kill friendly NPC's and mounts when hurled into them by the player (but this can still happen). Mounts won't truly die (they will be alive on reload) but certain NPC's can die.
* Fixed Labyrinthine Warlord having the wrong aspect focus assigned.
* Fixed Thaumaturgic Nova from having Draconicon sound when the High Elf is mounted.
* Lowered regeneration time for Positronic Overload.
* Harbinger of Death is more powerful (beware when she turns on you).
* Lowered the durations of most 90-second temporary buffs to avoid being overpowered.
* Labyrinthine Warlord and Sentinel Construct have new skins. The Construct and the Priestess of Doom are slightly shorter.
* The Sentinel Construct now has a modification that lowers the Temple Guardian's regeneration times.
* The modification that summons a third Protector is changed to one that lowers the regen penalty from the buff.
* Inexorable Subjugation now has "Minion Lifetime" text in the tooltip.
* Horse Combat Arts Leap, Charge, and Rear Up have been enhanced and powered-up.
* Made Venomous Entrapment seek enemies instead of being static. Stats adjusted to compensate.
* Included classic spell icons package.
* Rune icons tweaked.
* Added French translation.

In terms of freedom and creativity I think v1.3 actually opened new avenues and possibilities, by unlocking many skills and making some of the ignored General Skills more appealing. It also fixed some pretty bad issues with summon balancing. High Elf's summons were way too strong, and Shadow Warrior's and Seraphim's were almost useless. This was fixed in 1.3.

The effect that attributes have on weapon damage is increased by about 60% from vanilla. This does not mean you'll be doing 60% more damage however. The increase is mild, noticeable but only because the damage gained from vanilla attributes was so minuscule.

It's controlled by the line:

attrWdam_fact =

in balance.txt if you want to change it. Current value is 400, in both normal and challenge modes. Original value is 250.

• Like! 1

Wow, huge thanks for such a detailed and quick answer Flix...and just like that I'm sold on moving up to 1.4 lol. Very good point about the gains from vanilla attributes being so miniscule, and since the damage increase should be mild anyway I can't ignore all the benefits and balance fixes 1.4 brings. You forever made the game even better for many of us Flix, keep up the great work!

Welcome to DarkMatters Zallk and to Flix's Sacred 2 Geniosity!

Have fun with this incredible gift of a game

:)

gogo

Thanks Gogo, I spent enough time reading on here and playing Flix's mod that I figured I'd post about it finally. You all do a great job with the boards and it's nice to have this place for all of us who see the criminally under appreciated excellence and depth of sacred 2.

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...
Great work done with this mod, after one and a half have resumed sacred 2 (and had to create another account because the former did not remember the user name xD) we go to the root of the problem. I installed the mod everything right and perfect runs may except for one thing some of the skills of the characters are left me with the old descriptions of use (as if not the mod will not be properly installed)

Is there any solution has this problem?

I gone crazy trying to read what in the 18 pages but I have not found any solution.

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition
  • The topic was pinned