Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

Just wanted to say that I *really* enjoy this mod - it was exactly what I hoped for! :D

Thanks a bunch, and be well!

That's a wonderfully kind first post, Saradalyn

Happy you found us, and this amazing mod team that lives here :heart:

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

My english is really bad and I hope someone can translate my german words.

Ich liebe dieses Spiel schon seit einer Ewigkeit. Als man Sacred 2 noch online spielen konnte hab ich meinen derzeitigen Lebenspartner kennengelernt, hunderte von Kilometern getrennt. Heute leben wir zusammen. Ich hänge sehr an Sacred und wir haben gekämpft im deutschen Forum als die Server eingestellt wurden. Wir waren alle traurig und enttäuscht und dann stieß ich auf die Community und Dark Matters........

Ich möchte Euch allen auf diesem Weg ein riesiges Lob aussprechen für Eure Liebe und Leidenschaft für dieses Spiel und die unermüdliche Arbeit die Ihr aufwendet um es am Leben zu erhalten.

Ich liebe Euch dafür.

Danke, Danke, Danke :bow::thumbsupsmiley:

==========================================

Google Translate:

I've been loving this game for ages. When you were able to play Sacred 2 online I got to know my current life partner, separated hundreds of kilometers. Today we live together. I am very attached to Sacred and we have fought in the German forum as the servers were set. We were all sad and disappointed and then I came across the community and Dark Matters ........

I would like to take this opportunity to praise you all for your love and passion for this game and for the tireless work you are doing to keep it alive.

I love you for it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Thanks for the translation, Flix, and thank you Sandy for your heartfelt and very moving post. Yes, it was saddening when the, finally, the main servers went down for the game, but as the last outpost of what could be one of the finest games made, we're grateful for all the strong work with mods, posts, five star cuisine tours of Ancaria, and the heart of it all the Wiki. I'm just delighted reading this post so early in morning that there are still fans out there to find us and find comfort in the days goings on here at DarkMatters and, yes of course, always... hope for something wonderful in the future.

Welcome to DarkMatters!!

:hugs:

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Improved the effect of the Enhanced Perception skill.

Sorry but... which values did you change for this, Flix?

Balance.txt, the line is "SkillMagicFindFactor"

What I notice most is those times when you're walking around and an item randomly pops up out of nowhere, those seem to happen all the time when you have the Magic Find skill.

• Like! 1

I just tried this mod. Fiery Ember (now Icy Ember) is now actually 'nerfed' for pure Devout Focus builds as it no longer reduces fire resistance on mobs without any upgrades for synergy with Deathly Spears fire mod and a lava chunk slotted weapon.

This could be easily fixed by swapping the base fire and ice resistance to the original reduced resistances on mobs instead, and having the ice / fire resistance as the mods instead.

Also the same goes for using Amplifying Discharge on a Lost Fusion build with the Ice Bullets mod plus Icy Evanescence, or Furious Emblazer with Fiery Ember.

The innate resistance reductions without mods made using those two skills worthwhile without any source warden skills as explained above.

Edited by bhav

I just tried this mod. Fiery Ember (now Icy Ember) is now actually 'nerfed' for pure Devout Focus builds as it no longer reduces fire resistance on mobs without any upgrades for synergy with Deathly Spears fire mod and a lava chunk slotted weapon.

This could be easily fixed by swapping the base fire and ice resistance to the original reduced resistances on mobs instead, and having the ice / fire resistance as the mods instead.

Also the same goes for using Amplifying Discharge on a Lost Fusion build with the Ice Bullets mod plus Icy Evanescence, or Furious Emblazer with Fiery Ember.

The innate resistance reductions without mods made using those two skills worthwhile without any source warden skills as explained above.

Hi, thanks for trying the mod. That's an intentional nerf. Since the two spells are combined into one, it would be overpowered to keep the innate damage sensitivity for both fire and ice on the spell without any investment in the aspect itself. It's a trade-off.

Hi, thanks for trying the mod. That's an intentional nerf. Since the two spells are combined into one, it would be overpowered to keep the innate damage sensitivity for both fire and ice on the spell without any investment in the aspect itself. It's a trade-off.

I disagree, how would it be overpowered to keep the games original functionality on the skill? The sensitivity has little to no impact on source warden builds as their other spells dont do fire / ice damage except for the aoes, so making the resistance debuff require skill investment is entirely poimtless if putting points into source warden skills.

On the other hand, the Area of Effect itself does pretty much no damage without investment in source warden, so keping the innate resist debuff for other aspects to take advantage of as the game originally intended isnt any more powerful than the vanilla skills are, all it does is reduce resistances for the main damage skills in the other aspects.

I'm not sure I really cared about what was "originally intended" when I designed this mod. Though if I did, I would note that the player can never cast Icy Evanescence and Fiery Ember at the same time in the vanilla game. Combining them into a single combat art while keeping their full original functions is overpowered.

Luckily, it's super easy for you to do what you want. Open /scripts/shared/spells.txt . Backup the file first.

The spell tokens are:

entry13 = {"et_debuff_prone_fir", 200, 1, 0, 42 },

entry14 = {"et_debuff_prone_ice", 200, 1, 0, 42 },

Just paste them at the end of the list of spell tokens for Icy Ember, which is named "tw_en_eiseskaelte",

Feel free to ramp up the first number in the string as high as you like.

• 1 month later...

I've just installed this mod, and love it, but there's a problem: The cooldown of Dragon Mage's spell "Destroyer" is sometimes stuck for unknown reason. I can't cast it and the only way I can do is to quit the game and load the character again.

I've just installed this mod, and love it, but there's a problem: The cooldown of Dragon Mage's spell "Destroyer" is sometimes stuck for unknown reason. I can't cast it and the only way I can do is to quit the game and load the character again.

I'll look into it. I've never seen anything like that.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I don't know if someone is still playing this game but thanks for this amazing mode, I enjoy it a lot.

few things I noted;

The miasma of the dark warrior doesn't seem to affect my pets (no damage tick above the enemies surrounding them)

The dragon's wrath can't be put in a combo as it was a shapeshifting combat art previously

• Like! 1

Hello, I don't know if someone is still playing this game but thanks for this amazing mode, I enjoy it a lot.

Hi, welcome aboard! Thanks for trying the mod.

The dragon's wrath can't be put in a combo as it was a shapeshifting combat art previously

It's listed as a known issue. I don't how to fix it. :/

The miasma of the dark warrior doesn't seem to affect my pets (no damage tick above the enemies surrounding them)

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I'll add it to the list of known issues. I doubt this bug will be fixed as I have retired this mod.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post and I want to tell you how much I appreciate your mods. They're what got me back into the game, and I don't think I would want to even play the game without them, so thank you so much!

As an aside, have you thought of incorporating some of your fixes from D2F (such as the fix to 'Soul Hammer') into this mod? I know that players such as myself would greet it quite enthusiastically!

Edited by wasp660
  • Like! 1

Possibly a dumb question, but for the new summonable Combat Arts, like Harbinger for Inquisitor, what exactly does eating runes do?

Hello! As with all summons, increasing the level of the Combat Art increases the level of the summoned creature. So the Harbinger goes from level 1 to level 2. So everything, from attributes to skills to basic stats like damage, armor, attack/defense, they all increase when you read more runes. It's the same as with any of the vanilla summoning buffs like Fire Demon or Nether Allegiance.

few things I noted;

Great you made it over to the boards and are playing the best game in the world :D

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• The title was changed to Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition
  • The topic was pinned