Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

On 2/26/2019 at 7:43 PM, Flix said:

Unfortunately it looks like the CA is actually multiplying the damage by 100%.  

entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1000, 0, 0, 9 },

That's the line Dmitriy wrote (yes I'm throwing him under the bus; though I should have caught this too), where instead it should probably be something like: 

entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1, 0, 0, 9 },

Should I be able to manually change this? What's the txt file and is there just one instance for the CA or is there one for each enemy type?

6 hours ago, Androdion said:

Should I be able to manually change this? What's the txt file and is there just one instance for the CA or is there one for each enemy type?

Spells.txt, search for "doublehit_attack_ca" and you'll see the entry I'm talking about.  It's just the one spell.

Have to try it out too.

Btw Seraphim's Divine Protection CA's Bronze mod is reverted back to Capacity instead of Steadfast, but it seems to be text only, when I picked it my Willpower increases. Which might be the desired function?

19 minutes ago, Jampula said:

Have to try it out too.

Btw Seraphim's Divine Protection CA's Bronze mod is reverted back to Capacity instead of Steadfast, but it seems to be text only, when I picked it my Willpower increases. Which might be the desired function?

Are you using Original Spells or Enhanced Spells version?  It should be Capacity in Original Spells because the duration increase would be important.  It should be Steadfast in Enhanced Spells.

4 hours ago, Androdion said:

I'm going to edit that value tonight and do some LAN runs against the Gar'Colossus, I'll give some feedback afterwards.

As always, thanks mate.

Thank your for your tireless enthusiasm for the game and my mods.  I know I have been aloof from the forum and my projects these days, but interests wax and wane, and other games/pursuits are calling my name right now.  I'm sure I will come back around to work on Sacred 2 in full force sometime, so just know that I am keeping track of feedback and things that could be improved.

21 minutes ago, Flix said:

Thank your for your tireless enthusiasm for the game and my mods.  I know I have been aloof from the forum and my projects these days, but interests wax and wane, and other games/pursuits are calling my name right now.  I'm sure I will come back around to work on Sacred 2 in full force sometime, so just know that I am keeping track of feedback and things that could be improved.

Don't sweat it, I do it for the fun of it and to kill some time when I have it. ;)

Anyway, changed the value from 1000 to 1 and the old Gar attacked me for 2.8k, 3.5k, 6.3k, 9.1k and 15.9k at character level. This means that with 87% SB its most powerful attack should be enough to redline my 35k SW, or at the very least be around the danger zone. So it all seems to check. Did three runs against it and the only shift in the values was when the SB raised it one level above my toon, but still it was only a few hundreds more on each strike.

Now multiply those number by 1000... :twitch: No wonder I dropped dead so fast even when leeching 3.5%!

10 hours ago, Flix said:

Are you using Original Spells or Enhanced Spells version?  It should be Capacity in Original Spells because the duration increase would be important.  It should be Steadfast in Enhanced Spells.

Enhanced Spells, I have Sonic Vortex and Sublime Guardian. But as I said it seems to be just tooltip error, it doesn't increase duration and my Willpower gets the boost.

Hopefully, especially elite Demons caused me trouble, not so much anymore but let's see in later difficulties.

Can you or someone confirm that Divine Protection stuff? Is it Capacity with others too? Just wondering as I have played around with this game for a few years and maybe it's in my end.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:43 PM, Flix said:

entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1, 0, 0, 9 },

Now that's new.  It's in fact basedamage * ( 1 + et_mult_weapondamage/10), not basedamage *  et_mult_weapondamage/10. 

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:43 PM, Flix said:

Dmitriy wrote (yes I'm throwing him under the bus; though I should have caught this too)

Thing is, I never checked that particular mechanics. I don't recall this property being discussed anywhere before.

3 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

It's in fact basedamage * ( 1 + et_mult_weapondamage/10), not basedamage *  et_mult_weapondamage/10.

But is the resolution the same? Is the correct value like Flix said or is it different?

4 hours ago, Androdion said:

How is the difference in the damage output so huge if it's only adding and not multiplying?

Because either way its a multiplier of approximately 100 (base damage*(1+1000/10) = base damage*101 vs base damage*1000/10 = base damage*100.

It's because the bonus is so large relative to the reference multiplier (*1) in the additive damage formula. If the bonus was much lesser (e.g. 10 and not 1000) you would see a bigger difference between the output of each formula:

• Additive: base damage*(1+10/10) = base damage*2
  • Multiplicative: base damage*(10/10) = base damage *1
  • Like! 1

Thanks for all the explanations. My math skills are a bit limited when it comes to those formulas, but after reading all explanation some twenty times I think I got it. :D

The string is "entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1000, 0, 0, 9 }" so the bonus in the scale will be 1000. So either way it's a huge bonus to the damage output, but marginally different between each scale because one results in *101 and the other in *100. If the bonus would be 10 like in the example above the difference in damage output would be more noticeable because the additive scale would basically double the damage output in comparison to the multiplicative scale. Now if the bonus is 1 like Flix mentioned as a solution, and being that it's an additive scale, it will multiply the output damage by 1,1 whereas if it was a multiplicative one it would reduce it to 1/10.

• Additive: base damage*(1+1000/10) = base damage*101
    Multiplicative: base damage*(1000/10) = base damage *100
  • Additive: base damage*(1+10/10) = base damage*2
    Multiplicative: base damage*(10/10) = base damage *1
  • Additive: base damage*(1+1/10) = base damage*1,1
    Multiplicative: base damage*(1/10) = base damage *0,1

So being that it's an additive scale and that the solution is to place the bonus as 1, resulting in a 1,1 multiplier, having that token active or not is more or less the same since the difference will be marginal. Now have I read this right? Because if not I give up and will wilfully smile and wave every time anyone mentions "replace this entry with that". :D

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

{"et_mult_weapondamage", 1, 0, 0, 9 }, translates into 1,001 end result multiplication factor. Why not simply remove the entry? 

Seems the simplest solution, unless some form of damage multiplier is desired for any of the spells in question.

On 3/4/2019 at 3:02 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Thing is, I never checked that particular mechanics. I don't recall this property being discussed anywhere before.

We didn't really discuss it, at least not the spell token(s).  I assumed same as you that 1000 would be 100% standard damage, and using a value below that would lower the damage below 100%. 

Back then, I tested the enemies to make sure they still attacked, and that they used the double hits.  I just never noticed that they had turned into "hard hits".

This makes me speculate that the "et_mult_weapondamage" values on enemy melee CA's may be too excessive.  They tend to have values like 1250+, which I always took to mean an extra 25% damage, when in reality it's an extra 125% damage.  This could explain why some enemies tend to do little-to-moderate damage with huge damage spikes that can one-shot an otherwise safe player.

• The topic was pinned