Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

4 minutes ago, Flix said:

enemy melee CA's may be too excessive.

It should also be noted that several secondary attack, defence, weapon/spell damage, damage reduction caclulations basically return 50% whatever the input. 

On 3/4/2019 at 8:43 PM, Androdion said:

I've added a footnote to the CM Patch 1.60 description regarding the "doublehit_attack_ca" bug, and how to resolve it.

So, does anyone want to change the note into something else or just leave it as it is?

Sorry, but I'm currently busy with the process of turning the Inquisitor robes from vertex-animated into skeletal-animated(while borne out of necessity to solve the mounting/dismounting animation glitches, this is also the actual animation-blending solution). 

• 2 weeks later...

So, deletion seems to be the better solution, do we delete everything from tokens = { to the second }, or just the part that says "et_mult_weapondamage", 1000, 0, 0, 9 ? I ask if you get rid of the entire section there since there will be no defined entry0, rendering the rest invalid anyhow.

Flix ... I discovered something curious about the AI :)of the Dragons. I believe they do not attackwhen I play with Dragon Mage.   I had never encountered dragons with any other character besides Dragon Mage. In an unsettled game with Seraphim I discovered this situation.

• Thanks! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello and many thanks for this mod Flix ! You were very kind a few days ago when we talked about your other mod for changing the main menu, so I hoped you wouldn't mind another question ^^

Actually, I love these changes you made here, at the exception of the skin of the Harbinger of Death, which looks like a succube,( more like a sexual puppet than a real warrior for a demonic conjurer wouldn't you say?). I do however like the Vile Lancer skin in the Diablo 2 Fallan Angel,( that I put below in case you forgot what she looked like). She really looks like a fallen angel with those red wings and a scythe, do you think it is possible to switch the skins ? If so could you tell me how to do so ?

And by the way this CA is only making the recharge time getting bigger and bigger as its level rises, no good point in spending runes in it, so I don't understand the point in upgrading this CA,( not talking about the three possibles upgrades but the runes spent).

Thanks a lot in advance ! 

Annotation 2019-04-14 121005.jpg

Edited by Methatronc
  • Appreciation 1
On 4/14/2019 at 5:15 AM, Methatronc said:

Hello and many thanks for this mod Flix ! You were very kind a few days ago when we talked about your other mod for changing the main menu, so I hoped you wouldn't mind another question ^^

Actually, I love these changes you made here, at the exception of the skin of the Harbinger of Death, which looks like a succube,( more like a sexual puppet than a real warrior for a demonic conjurer wouldn't you say?). I do however like the Vile Lancer skin in the Diablo 2 Fallan Angel,( that I put below in case you forgot what she looked like). She really looks like a fallen angel with those red wings and a scythe, do you think it is possible to switch the skins ? If so could you tell me how to do so ?

And by the way this CA is only making the recharge time getting bigger and bigger as its level rises, no good point in spending runes in it, so I don't understand the point in upgrading this CA,( not talking about the three possibles upgrades but the runes spent).

Thanks a lot in advance ! 

Summoned creatures "level up" as you read more runes.  Their stats are not displayed in the CA tooltip, but their power is definitely increasing.  When you read a rune, the Succubus gains a character level, and so all her attributes, skills, and modifiers increase.  That means more damage, more hitpoints, better attack/defense, armor, all of it.  

I probably will not switch the design back because I like using the Sacred 1 characters.  I may change her name from Harbinger of Death to something else more reminiscient of the Succubus in the next version.

I can whip up something for you that changes her back to the old Harbinger of Death though.  Will try to do it tonight.

• Thanks! 1
29 minutes ago, Flix said:

Summoned creatures "level up" as you read more runes.  Their stats are not displayed in the CA tooltip, but their power is definitely increasing.  When you read a rune, the Succubus gains a character level, and so all her attributes, skills, and modifiers increase.  That means more damage, more hitpoints, better attack/defense, armor, all of it.  

I probably will not switch the design back because I like using the Sacred 1 characters.  I may change her name from Harbinger of Death to something else more reminiscient of the Succubus in the next version.

I can whip up something that changes her back to the old Harbinger of Death though.  Will try to do it tonight.

Thanks so much for your response, I hope there's indeed a little trick to switch the skin, ( just for me or those interested, I don't intend on changing the skin for everybody ^^ , just knowing where to look and what to change to switch the skin would be perfect!). 

And thanks also for the tip, I didn't know that they leveled up this way, I always believed they leveled up with the character x) 

5 hours ago, Methatronc said:

Thanks so much for your response, I hope there's indeed a little trick to switch the skin, ( just for me or those interested, I don't intend on changing the skin for everybody ^^ , just knowing where to look and what to change to switch the skin would be perfect!). 

And thanks also for the tip, I didn't know that they leveled up this way, I always believed they leveled up with the character x) 

I attached a new creatures.txt with the old Harbinger of Death summon.  Just overwrite your old one in scripts/server (best would be to do so before installing the mod).

This is the creature entry that was changed:

mgr.createCreature {
	id = 2999,
	itemtype_id = 12902,
	name = "Spell_Demon_Succubus",
	behaviour = "Hireling_brave",
	dangerclass = 7,
	groupmaxcount = 1,
	elite_creature_id = 2999,
	probabilityforelite = 0.000000,
	rank = 20,
	tenergy_creature_id = 2999,
	template_creature_id = 1790,
	livesremaining = 0,
	unconscioustime = 20,
	palettebits = "1111111111111111",
	monstertype = 0,
	faction_id = 1,
	equipset_id = 482,
	modelscale = 1.200000,
	rise_from_ground = 0,
	has_corpse = 1,
	has_soul = 1,
	can_strafe = 0,
}

I changed the itemtype_id line, to direct the creature entry to use a different monster from itemtype.txt

I also changed the equipset_id line because the Harbinger of Death's wings and armor counts as "equipment" that needs to be equipped

Finally I removed the Raving Thrust spell that I added for the Succubus because the Harbinger doesn't have animations to cast it.

harbinger restored.zip

• Appreciation 1
On 3/4/2019 at 9:20 AM, Jampula said:

Can you or someone confirm that Divine Protection stuff? Is it Capacity with others too? Just wondering as I have played around with this game for a few years and maybe it's in my end.

I finally checked on this - you were correct!  The tooltips are swapped between Original/Enhanced Spell versions.  This will be corrected in the upcoming 2.2 release.

7 hours ago, Flix said:

I attached a new creatures.txt with the old Harbinger of Death summon.  Just overwrite your old one in scripts/server (best would be to do so before installing the mod).

This is the creature entry that was changed:

mgr.createCreature {
	id = 2999,
	itemtype_id = 12902,
	name = "Spell_Demon_Succubus",
	behaviour = "Hireling_brave",
	dangerclass = 7,
	groupmaxcount = 1,
	elite_creature_id = 2999,
	probabilityforelite = 0.000000,
	rank = 20,
	tenergy_creature_id = 2999,
	template_creature_id = 1790,
	livesremaining = 0,
	unconscioustime = 20,
	palettebits = "1111111111111111",
	monstertype = 0,
	faction_id = 1,
	equipset_id = 482,
	modelscale = 1.200000,
	rise_from_ground = 0,
	has_corpse = 1,
	has_soul = 1,
	can_strafe = 0,
}

I changed the itemtype_id line, to direct the creature entry to use a different monster from itemtype.txt

I also changed the equipset_id line because the Harbinger of Death's wings and armor counts as "equipment" that needs to be equipped

Finally I removed the Raving Thrust spell that I added for the Succubus because the Harbinger doesn't have animations to cast it.

harbinger restored.zip

Thank you so much! I hope that didn't took too much of your time ^^ Now I can summon a reaper at will, that's so cool 😁

Have a great day! 

On 12/18/2018 at 12:50 PM, Androdion said:

The T-Energy Dragon has always been a bit moody, don't know why but sometimes it just seems to "stall" (at least without EE, haven't met him yet with EE turned on). Anyway when it bites it bites, you can rest assured.

Found the cause.  He has a "Frostball" attack that I added, but forgot to give it any kind of animation.   A few other bosses have this attack as well.  This will be fixed in v2.2.

• Like! 1
On 2/25/2019 at 7:39 PM, Androdion said:

On a completely unrelated note, one-handed yellow lightsabers spawn from a few specific quests like Manners Maketh Kobold, The Dream Vampire and a few more. But they all suck! I'm not sure if this is a problem prior to EE 2.1, but the fact is that those weapons always spawn with bonuses to different classes on the same item. Like one bonus to a Dryad and one to a Seraphim, stuff like that. So they're pretty much unusable. Yellow two-handed lightsabers drop here and there and they're totally fine in terms of bonuses, but the one-handed ones never drop during the game, and when they drop on those specific quests you can forget about using them.

I am combing through all feedback in anticipation of a new release, and I just noticed this.  It seems when items drop as quest rewards using quest.txt, they don't seem to use the "intelligent" RNG that takes into account the character's class when rolling the bonuses.  It just seems to randomize the bonuses which makes for some really useless combinations.  The only way around this I know of would be to remove all character-specific bonuses from the pool.

Well, in my opinion that's a better solution than having completely irrelevant bonuses stuck together. It's better to have regular weapon modifier bonuses that work rather than class specific bonuses from several different classes that are totally useless.

47 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Well, in my opinion that's a better solution than having completely irrelevant bonuses stuck together. It's better to have regular weapon modifier bonuses that work rather than class specific bonuses from several different classes that are totally useless.

Done.  I switched the bonuses to use actual lightsaber bonus groups instead of 1h swords bonus groups.  These are the same pools that the unique/legendary lightsabers (Power of NIF and Bringer of Light) draw from.  These don't seem to have class-specific bonuses in them.

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

So how many bonus groups do they have, two or three? And what about sockets?

I guess you're pilling up stuff for EE 2.2?

Yes EE 2.2 is on the horizon.  Feel free to throw any and all feedback my way.  I'm trying to address everything I can.

Bonusgroup 1 is Chance to Disregard Armor (this one isn't assigned in blueprint.txt, each weapon gets a bonus assigned in typification.txt based on classification, and through this file, all lightsabers get this bonus).

Bonusgroup 2 is a guaranteed gold slot (I tacked this one on since there weren't any chance for sockets in the following 2 groups)

Bonusgroup 3 is one of the following:

• Chance for critical hits
  • Attack Speed
  • Direct Damage
  • Casting Speed
  • Chance for Fear
  • Opponent Health for Deathblow
  • Chance for Deep Wounds
  • Chance for Deadly Wounds
  • Opponent's Attack Rating -X%
  • Chance for Serious Open Wounds
  • Regeneration per Hit

Bonusgroup 4 is one of the following:

• Attack & Defense +X (unlocked by Sword Lore)
  • XP Per Kill
  • Damage Mitigation +X%
  • Chance to reflect projectiles
  • Chance to reflect spells
  • Life leeched per hit
11 hours ago, Flix said:

The T-Energy Dragon has always been a bit moody, don't know why but sometimes it just seems to "stall" (at least without EE, haven't met him yet with EE turned on). Anyway when it bites it bites, you can rest assured.

For the interested: the Dragon AI has a certain specific check for spells used in land, or aerial form. If the spell name contains "enemy_dragon_fly", it's used in the aerial form ONLY, of not, it's used in the land form ONLY.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Thanks! 1
On 1/9/2019 at 8:11 PM, Androdion said:

Went in after the Forest Guardian in Bronze (yes I'm playing in Bronze, sue me! :D) and it wasn't there. I went around the whole area and it just wasn't there to be found. Does it even spawn in Bronze, I mean it should right?

Alright I gave this a thorough testing, and I couldn't reproduce it.  The big guy is always there waiting for me.

pHgx6eL.jpg

I've also re-tuned Gahanka, who was indeed weaker than elite kobolds.  I'm looking at some more of the vanilla mini-bosses who may have fallen behind the curve.

Some of the weird damage spikes should also be taken care of in 2.2.  I'm working on those elite Temple Guardian traps as well as the Wastelands Demons. 

All the Hard Hit and Multi Hit attacks will be significantly toned down since we learned that the damage multiplier in those CA's was way higher than expected.

• Like! 1

I don't know if it helps but once I've started my toon in EE 2.1 and couldn't find him there in Bronze it never appeared in later difficulties. Never tried with a new toon so that could be it. Why? No idea...

• 5 months later...

Wrong assumption by me:

Might be in the wrong thread, but I wouldnt be able to distinguish EE and vanilla mechanics.

So I noticed that Frenetic Frenzy with Fanatisiscm doesnt increase CA execution speed. And since you almost always want to have a low cd, and therefore execute one CA after the other, without normal attacks inbetween, the attack speed increase does zilch for your character, since he doesnt use normal attacks anymore.

I was following this up by the Addendum discussion between Flix and dimitry about which CAs being affected by either "physical attack(s)" or "casting spell(s)". I couldnt really follow it, and didnt figure out if they were talking about lore aspect modification points, or if they were talking about attack speed affecting weapon CA execution speed, and casting speed affecting execution speed of "spells". I assume the former.

As far as I put up my guess, everything CA animation related is depending on "casting speed" (and weapon lore) ?

If that statement is true, than as a basic statement you can say that for any character which is depending on frequent CA use casting speed is almost always the better choice ? Im pointing this out because it is counter intuitive to use a CA buff  spell that increases attack speed, and dont get your attack speed boosted while using CA. One bites the other in this case.

This whole discussion would lead into the direction of asking whether or not weapon based CA are not better affected by attack speed, instead of casting speed. Since I dont think many players realise that CA animations are "casting" and only normal attacks are affected by (non-lore) weapon speed. I assume all attack speed increase% on all equipment and set boni also affect only normal attacks ? I am not inherently against that concept, and its a nice discovery progression, but its counterintuitive, so it might be talked about.
There are mainly 2 gameplay ways, either keep the CA cd as low as possible, in which case you dont need attack speed. Or to keep the CA cd as high as possible for maximum single CA damage. From an DPS standpoint, the former always beats the latter.

For my inquisitor it means that Frenetic Favour: Faith is always the better option, even though he isnt really a caster, as he uses the Inquisitor aspect mainly. It also means I can totally skip ALL attack speed % boni, and go for casting speed boni instead.

On another note. the wiki states that there is somethin like >Attack speed cap raised by 20%<. Is that actual code ? Does it affect the game beyond the SpeedMax ? Or does everything get capped at SpeedMax ? Or does that individual code line increase the SpeedMax for weapons by 20% ? Questions over questions.

@FlixCongrats on the halloween skin.

Edited by Charon117
17 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

Frenetic Frenzy with Fanatisiscm doesnt increase CA execution speed

I'll have to look into it. I never noticed this.  Execution speed is the umbrella term for Attack and Casting speeds.  It should rightly be attack speed that affects weapon-based CA's.

25 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

On another note. the wiki states that there is somethin like >Attack speed cap raised by 20%<. Is that actual code ? Does it affect the game beyond the SpeedMax ? Or does everything get capped at SpeedMax ? Or does that individual code line increase the SpeedMax for weapons by 20% ?

The spell property is "et_attackspeed_limit" and it increases the limit past whatever SpeedMax is set to.  So it is as if SpeedMax get boosted just for the Inquisitor for a duration.

• The topic was pinned