Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

2.2 is on schedule.  I'm doing the last round of testing today and tomorrow (while also unpacking in my new apartment).  These changes all concern changes to monsters and creatures.

Enemy and NPC:

• Gave a balancing pass to all elite enemies in the game to smooth out unintentionally excessive damage, hitpoints, and XP per kill.  Some had doubled bonuses due to the early days when I used Survival Mod as a template.
  • The damage of the various enemy Hard Hit/Multi-Hit attacks is greatly reduced to avoid unfair damage spikes that could one-shot the player. This includes the double-hit bug introduced in CM 1.60 - most notable opponent with this was Gar'Colossus.
  • Gahanka, Bloodclaw, and Holos got powered up to keep them in line with other bosses in EE. They have slightly greater damage, hit chance, hitpoints, and resistances.
  • Several vanilla quest opponents are now more powerful, worthy foes (TyBosso, Ihheni, Nagash, the Djinn, Sheik Yerbouti, and many others). In practice what this means is dozens of one-hit quest kills are upgraded to elites.
  • Revised spells for each individual Dragon boss to make each one more distinct. Instead of each dragon being a clone in different skin, there are now more variety to their attacks.
  • Fixed a spell animation bug that caused some bosses to "stall" during combat. Enemies affected are: Mutated Dragon, Grinch the Frost Dragon, and the White Griffin.
  • Fixed a minor texture bug with Small Spiders. A change needed to be made to allow the fur shader + the transparency needed on their claw textures.
  • Spider venom spit attack now does Poison/Poison DOT instead of Physical/Poison DOT. 
  • Changed the FX on Shelob's "Frosty Lair" spell to avoid severe performance loss.
  • Leaping Plants no longer make jet engine sounds when they jump.  It's now just a simple whoosh sound.
  • Hitboxes for Rats, Bats, and Small Dragons are now more appropriately sized. Seeing as how these enemies mostly spawned in narrow dungeons and corridors, it was difficult to move around.
  • Kobold Chiefs and Wolf Riders should no longer spawn with the equipment of Kobold Shamans.
  • Thraconian beards are now matched to the hair color of the models they spawn on (red, black, or grey).
  • Harpy spawns increased in the western Nor Plat mountains. The quest Dark Rituals has you hunt down Harpies in this area but there are so few.
  • Fixed a small area in Dyr Lain where Panthers were spawning instead of Jungle Cats.
  • The Marigold Fields in the Swamps are cleared of Undead (replaced with Tree Spirits) because it is a major plot point that the marigolds drive away the Undead.
  • Increased run speed of vanilla mounts, increased walk speed of all mounts.
5 hours ago, lordvampir said:

It became interesting to me, but what exactly did you take from this mod?

Only the following: that (most) elite-class enemies have increased Strength, Intelligence, Vitality, and a small Chance Opponents Cannot Evade Attacks.  The values scale with creature type.  Rats, bats, bugs, etc. have no change from vanilla. Kobolds and the like have a small increase. And more powerful enemies like a Demon, Lich, or Dragon have more noticeable increase.  Bosses were not affected by this change as they were already strong.  I have rebalanced a few of the weaker mini-bosses on my own in this latest EE release however.

The boosted values are not nearly as dramatic as Survival Mod - approximately 25% strength of his bonuses.  I also corrected numerous instances of "double bonuses" where the author had accidentally added the extra stats twice to the same creature, particularly Undead, making them insanely dangerous.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

where the author had accidentally added the extra stats twice to the same creature, particularly Undead, making them insanely dangerous.

Welcome to Challenge mode, where you will spend the first 10 hours in Ancaria from running away from Undead champions, because their triple hit one shots you, no matter what you wear. Also, evade chances means nothing to them. Normal mobs can have a 98% miss chance, but elite undead will hit 100% of their attacks. BEWARE. Dodging not possible.

Thumbs up, would die again.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Flix said:

Only the following: that (most) elite-class enemies have increased Strength, Intelligence, Vitality, and a small Chance Opponents Cannot Evade Attacks.  The values scale with creature type.  Rats, bats, bugs, etc. have no change from vanilla. Kobolds and the like have a small increase. And more powerful enemies like a Demon, Lich, or Dragon have more noticeable increase.  Bosses were not affected by this change as they were already strong.  I have rebalanced a few of the weaker mini-bosses on my own in this latest EE release however.

The boosted values are not nearly as dramatic as Survival Mod - approximately 25% strength of his bonuses.  I also corrected numerous instances of "double bonuses" where the author had accidentally added the extra stats twice to the same creature, particularly Undead, making them insanely dangerous.

What about complication bonuses? For example, an increase in the number of jewelry offers (and its improvement) in stores?

4 hours ago, lordvampir said:

What about complication bonuses? For example, an increase in the number of jewelry offers (and its improvement) in stores?

Merchants offer more and better items, yes. That's been part of EE since 2.0. Lines in balance.txt:

TraderMaxCount = 40, -- original 10
TraderOfferUpperRareBase = 7, -- original 6
Trader_Item = 3300, -- original 2300
Trader_Many = 16000, -- original 10000

One other thing I forgot to mention when listing cues taken from Survival Mode: the affected elite enemies also granted much more XP per kill - an absurd amount in many cases.  This is also toned down significantly in EE, even more so in 2.2 due to the "double bonus" fixing.

2.2 should be about ready to release.  I just need to update the documentation, package it and upload it.

This is the final update, concerning itemization.

Items:

• Random rare Energy Weapons, Energy Pistols, and Lightsabers have overhauled bonuses and should no longer spawn with bonuses to classes that can't use them.
  • The following Legendary weapons now have a portion of their base damage as elemental (formerly 100% physical): Roger's Roving Razor, Methedrin's Scepter, Braggis' Law, Aarnum's Scepter, Thunderstrike, Soorn's Righteous Blade, Aeon Flux.
  • Increased base damage of the following weapons: Trychelion's Pole, Sceptrum Dominus, Globus Cruciger.  
  • Decreased drop rate of the following uniques & mini-sets: Darwagon's Circlet, Tanit's Collar, Tooth and Nail, Eternal Return, Smoke Without Fire.
  • Increased Temple Guardian unique battery drop rate slightly.
  • Increased Legendary overall drop rate slightly. 
  • Increased minimum drop level to 20 for the following: The Silent Water, Glaurung's Remnants.
  • Infinite Revenge set: Chestplate of Fury renamed to Crown of Fury because it is a helm.
  • Item modifier: Life leeched per hit (Gold-text) is increased to ~2X power.
  • Item modifier: Damage +% (all-channel) is decreased to be 1/2 the value of single-channel damage bonuses (was 2/3).
  • Item modifier: Damage Mitigation +% (all-channel) is decreased to be 1/2 the value of single-channel damage mitigation (was 2/3).
  • Item modifier: Wounds Increase Damage Dealt has doubled values.
  • Item modifier: Chance for Critical Hits (unlocked by Sword Weapons and Ranged Weapons) has doubled values.
  • Item modifier: Chance for Critical Hits (unlocked by Sword Mastery and Polearm Mastery) has tripled values.
  • Item modifier: Regeneration per Hit no longer spawns on rare rings. The value on unique/set/legendary rings is reduced to 1/2 values. Many 2h weapons now have increased values.
  • Chance for individual secondary damage effects (burn, poison, freeze, weaken) on items are increased to be equal to Chance for Open Wounds.
  • Blacksmith Arts: Enhance and Whet now use the correct versions of Chance for Critical Hits and Damage +%, respectively.

Blacksmith Arts look more uniform now. They all have gold-text names. All the modifiers are blue-text. Lest the Chance to Evade and Opponent's Chance to Evade look too generous, know that they do stack with diminishing returns and will not reach 100%.

Anneal.jpg.b61d2c786740b05822b5c4ec7f347286.jpgEnhance.jpg.c8bd6deea354435911fed41e0cd87c65.jpgWhet.jpg.2b336e4e1861aa44a206c05c7235c14b.jpg

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Item modifier: Regeneration per Hit no longer spawns on rare rings. The value on unique/set/legendary rings is reduced to 1/2 values. Many 2h weapons now have increased values.

That means that if you can't make them drop you also won't be able to bargain them. Sounds harsh but ok. What unique and legendary rings have RpH by the way? If you know them by heart. :)

I do too, that mini-set has very nice bonuses. I just can't remember a single unique or legendary ring with RpH to be honest. I know some weapons have that bonus but as for golden/orange jewellery I can't remember one. And I admit to not wanting to go check the entire list on the Wiki. :D

48 minutes ago, Androdion said:

I do too, that mini-set has very nice bonuses. I just can't remember a single unique or legendary ring with RpH to be honest. I know some weapons have that bonus but as for golden/orange jewellery I can't remember one. And I admit to not wanting to go check the entire list on the Wiki. :D

Here's the list of items from that CA's page

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Regeneration_per_hit

Availability of Regeneration per hit +X as Item Modifier

This modifier is available on the following unique weapons as a blue modifier:

Halberd of the Commander

Zepetl's Short Sword

Gronkor's Downfall

Nadjii's Splitter

:)

gogo

p.s. I had the splitter a few times... SO much fun

• Thanks! 1

So I just ran the entirety of unique rings and amulets on the Wiki, plus the legendary list as well. And unless the Talisker in my glass is slapping me sideways I'll say that I haven't found one single item with RpH there. Now, I know that some sets have it, as well as some unique/legendary weapons do too. That's why I quoted that bit about the rarity of jewellery with that bonus because I couldn't think of any present in the game, and so far I haven't seen any. Unless the RNG items are now of unique rarity I don't see any unique jewellery with that modifier. And is it even possible to create random legendary tier level items? I know the answer for unique (see the damage modifiers on EE 2.1) but is it the same for legendary tier, and is that the answer to my inquiry above?

2 hours ago, Androdion said:

What unique and legendary rings have RpH by the way? If you know them by heart.

I do know them by heart, because I'm responsible for almost all of them.  :lol: There is virtually no unique jewelry with RpH in the base game, and rightly so IMO, but back then I was young and full of excitement at making themed items and not really thinking about what a balance-breaker RpH was.

The list is as follows:

26 minutes ago, Androdion said:

And is it even possible to create random legendary tier level items?

Absolutely, all item tiers could be given entirely randomized bonuses if desired.  Just a matter of what bonusgroups are assigned in the item's blueprint entry.

Ah, so they're all set items after all. I had a feeling my memory wasn't betraying me. :lol:

Have you toned down, or are you considering toning down, the RpH values in armour and weapons? You mention increasing the value on two-handed weapons but say nothing about one-handed ones. Also some pieces of armour from sets have that modifier, will they see any rebalancing too?

2 hours ago, Androdion said:

That means that if you can't make them drop you also won't be able to bargain them.

You can still shop for rare weapons of all types with RpH.

15 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Have you toned down, or are you considering toning down, the RpH values in armour and weapons? You mention increasing the value on two-handed weapons but say nothing about one-handed ones. Also some pieces of armour from sets have that modifier, will they see any rebalancing too?

I increased it on 2h weapons because the values were equal to (or in some cases lower than) than that of 1h weapons.

I don't feel the need to lower it on weapons and armor because those items can't be stacked the way jewelry can.  And the values aren't that high on weapons and armor to begin with.

I read you good sir, thanks for the replies!

I guess that having that modifier so freely on jewellery is a free pass towards abuse. Which leads me into a train of thought though, what do you think of giving +All Skills the same treatment? That it should be more preset in armour and/or weapons instead of being stackable jewellery which you can just put (abuse) in every socket available? I know this is bound to arise controversy but since that's another game-breaking modifier that can easily be abused what do you think about limiting its availability?

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

since that's another game-breaking modifier that can easily be abused what do you think about limiting its availability?

It doesn't seem that game-breaking to me?

==================

2.2 is released. Mod is uploaded here and on NexusMods. Documentation is updated and full changelog is posted/included in download.

As always, let me know how it is. I'd intended for this to be the last version until the Addendum is released and I can build on that.  But if there's enough feedback, there's always the possibility for more changes.

• Thanks! 1
On 10/28/2019 at 7:50 AM, Flix said:

I'm very happy to include the upgrades to the summoned Daemon, the visuals come courtesy of @Ysendra who custom-made the textures.  There are many other new textures for S1 you can find in his download:

In terms of mechanics the overall damage and stats of the forms are equal to the base Battle Daemon, only geared towards inflicting different damage types other than physical.  It's still viable to eschew either form and keep the physical Battle Daemon with her Raving Thrust CA.  If you take one of the upgrades though, here's what you can expect:

Fire Daemon has a new Burning Hard Hit and can cast a Wall of Flames (like Blazing Tempest).  Her weapons have a higher percent of damage as fire, and she also highly resistant to fire.

kRnGkgS.jpg   7Vr6O2k.jpg

Poison Daemon has a Poison Hard Hit and can cast a Poison Nova.  Her weapons have a higher percent of damage as poison, and she is also highly resistant to poison.

vfFP62p.jpg   Kv4JhEX.jpg

Awesome work Sir @Flix and thank you for tagging me! The pure talent and the dedication to your craft ... just awesome :resp:

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I'm new to this forum, downloaded CM patch and enhanced edition and is working nicely, but just noticed that Sublime guardian its too overpowered, I'm with a newly created character (level 15) and she twoshoot almost everything, it's very fast and have low cooldown, any thoughts why its like this?

1 hour ago, Isaakk said:

Hello all, I'm new to this forum, downloaded CM patch and enhanced edition and is working nicely, but just noticed that Sublime guardian its too overpowered, I'm with a newly created character (level 15) and she twoshoot almost everything, it's very fast and have low cooldown, any thoughts why its like this?

Haha seems I can't win with her.  For a long time the complaints were that the Sublime Guardian was so useless no wanted to use her.  I think you'll find that her power levels off as you reach higher levels.

Welcome to DarkMatters and thanks for trying the mod.

7 minutes ago, Flix said:

Haha seems I can't win with her.  For a long time the complaints were that the Sublime Guardian was so useless no wanted to use her.  I think you'll find that her power levels off as you reach higher levels.

Welcome to DarkMatters and thanks for trying the mod.

Mmm, any way I could restore just the Hallowed Restoration?

1 hour ago, Isaakk said:

And as well, from me, Isaac, Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

21 minutes ago, Isaakk said:

Mmm, any way I could restore just the Hallowed Restoration?

Not unless you switch over to using the Original Spells module instead, which should be perfectly safe.

39 minutes ago, Flix said:

Not unless you switch over to using the Original Spells module instead, which should be perfectly safe.

Np, and a way to nerf it? Seems bugged right now cause it should hit 74-95 but hits like 500-600

offtopic: strange thing it's on old days I could have all maxed out and never crashed to me. Nowadays with 2019 computer it crashes like every 30 min, readed the forum but couldn't find a confirmed solution just workarounds that may or not work, like deleting two dlls, alt + tab etc

1 hour ago, Isaakk said:

Np, and a way to nerf it? Seems bugged right now cause it should hit 74-95 but hits like 500-600

offtopic: strange thing it's on old days I could have all maxed out and never crashed to me. Nowadays with 2019 computer it crashes like every 30 min, readed the forum but couldn't find a confirmed solution just workarounds that may or not work, like deleting two dlls, alt + tab etc

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/23820-s2gcp16ee21ssc-sacred-2-memory-leaks-and-crashes-the-workaround/

• The topic was pinned