Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

1 hour ago, Isaakk said:

Np, and a way to nerf it? Seems bugged right now cause it should hit 74-95 but hits like 500-600

I honestly don't know what to tell you to change. She doesn't have any special bonuses assigned to her, nor does her equipment. She just uses the basic generic Seraphim NPC as a template.  The only thing I can think is that her using Pelting Strikes and Assailing Somersault is just adding too much damage.

If you want to remedy that, you can remove them from her available spells.  Open creatures.txt, search for the following 3 creature entries (she has three variants):

name = "Seraphim_failitia_hireling",

name = "Seraphim_failitia_hireling_gold1",

name = "Seraphim_failitia_hireling_gold2",

Then delete the entire spells string at the end of the entry, which would look like so:

spells = {
        entry0 = { "se_co_wirbelsprung" },
        entry1 = { "se_co_schlaghagel" },
    },

1 hour ago, Isaakk said:

offtopic: strange thing it's on old days I could have all maxed out and never crashed to me. Nowadays with 2019 computer it crashes like every 30 min, readed the forum but couldn't find a confirmed solution just workarounds that may or not work, like deleting two dlls, alt + tab etc

Do you have the Elite Textures pack installed?

19 hours ago, Flix said:

I honestly don't know what to tell you to change. She doesn't have any special bonuses assigned to her, nor does her equipment. She just uses the basic generic Seraphim NPC as a template.  The only thing I can think is that her using Pelting Strikes and Assailing Somersault is just adding too much damage.

If you want to remedy that, you can remove them from her available spells.  Open creatures.txt, search for the following 3 creature entries (she has three variants):

name = "Seraphim_failitia_hireling",

name = "Seraphim_failitia_hireling_gold1",

name = "Seraphim_failitia_hireling_gold2",

Then delete the entire spells string at the end of the entry, which would look like so:

spells = {
        entry0 = { "se_co_wirbelsprung" },
        entry1 = { "se_co_schlaghagel" },
    },

Do you have the Elite Textures pack installed?

I'll check Sublime guardian today, guess it's just balanced for niob.

Yes I have the Trimmed elite textures installed but even with lowest settings the game still crash, we're 3 players on multiplayer and maybe that's causing the problem.

I'll try today with memcleaner, deleted 2 dlls, Intelligent standby list cleaner, -skipopenal -nocpubinding

Hi there!

Again: Thanks to you and your awesome efforts! Sacred 2 was good and kept getting better and more and more enjoyable through this community here. :)

Just a question, since I am a bit lost in translation:
"
I'm working on the final stand-alone release right now.  Should be released in the next week or so.  It will contain any and all fixes from D2F and Addendum that I am able to include (a small amount currently can't be imported from Addendum due to code changes).

Whenever the final version of Dmitriy's Addendum comes out, I will try to build Enhanced Edition on top of it, so it will literally include every fix possible for the game."

Is 2.2 now the version I install right after CM 1.6... or should I install the Addendum after CM 1.6 and than EE on top of it?

5 hours ago, Roderick said:

Is 2.2 now the version I install right after CM 1.6...

Correct.

5 hours ago, Roderick said:

or should I install the Addendum after CM 1.6 and than EE on top of it?

No. At no point will that be the case. Rather, in the future I will build the desirable fixes of Addenum into EE.

20 minutes ago, Roderick said:

All right, I got it installed.

Good. I'm glad you got it going. I hope you enjoy.

• Like! 1

Here is some feedback after my first silver run. EE2.1.

Sooooooooo ... Silver felt way too hard. It took me up to level 82 to beat Silver, but the Gold difficulty isnt worth mentioning. The difference is that when you start in Gold, you already have all the sets and legendaries from Silver, but in Silver you start pretty much naked. I suggest lowering the bronze and silver difficulty to make even steps towards the gold difficulty. Always keep in mind that the player either has to start in bronze or silver.

Personally I think the Shirka ending sucked. I have read that you changed it, but havent seen it yet, so based on 2.1 I am giving feedback on how the quest line should have ended better.

1. If possible, in the jungle waypoint, make the quest go different ways, depending on who you kill first. If you kill the guy first, make it follow the original path, but if you get Shirka first, make the following.
2. Given that you get Shirka first in the jungle, make the guy survive his "wounds", start a living as a farmer before the boss golem region, and make Shirka follow you (mortal) until you deliver her to him to live a peaceful live. If Shirka dies during that the quest fails. Also give her proper armour and a proper weapon, she was fighting demons barehanded the last time.

Just some suggestions, take what you want.

Overall I like the Enhanced Edition experience very much.

On a different note, and this will most likely flow into ESP at a later point, I am very much dissapointed in the variaty of rings the game drops. The only jewely I use are:

• COCE
  • OCE
  • All SKills
  • All Dmg%

and thats pretty meager given how many other modifiers there are. I am especially missing rings that increase cast speed, attack speed and run speed. Most of the time these mods are tied to very special items, which makes substituting them before you get your desired drops pretty bad. Even in low % numbers, such items could balance out missing key items in builds before you have them, and make smoother builds until you get what you need. It would also increase the variety of useful jewely there is.

Thanks. I don't know how much I can use feedback regarding difficulty and balancing in 2.1 though.

Shirka's quest is better written but it's basically the same story in 2.2.

• 3 weeks later...

So I will switch to 2.2 now. I will unlock the next difficulty for my current inquisitor and hope for the best. Does that work ?

First I will have to save my own personal changes. Then I need to verify data integrity through steam. Then I need to apply CP, then I need to apply EE 2.2, then I need to apply Superspawn, then Challenge mode, and finally I need to apply my own personal changes MANUALLY all again. Im just trying to point out that switching build in all likelyhood is a very tedious process. The Modmerge System should simplify all of that to Veryify Data integrity > Run Modlauncher > Play. Which is why I think the CP should be in a format that the modmerge system can read. Just putting it out there.

Thx for 2.2 Flix.

Also, if I need concrete data on EE CA which I dont find on the wiki, where do I find that ?

Edit: I forgot I also need to apply Flixs music mod part 1, 2, 3 and ice part.

Edited by Charon117

Most concrete data is the change logs included with the download and the first post of this thread.  I haven't documented numbers the way I did with D2F.

1 hour ago, Charon117 said:

@Flix Are updated EE versions designed to be applicable to old builds, or do you need to rebuild for every new version ?

Every release is the full mod and all its features updated and repackaged.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Should be. Is there anything that looks questionable?

No, rather the opposite, it looks suspiciously correct. Which would be a first, but you never know. I ll let you know if anything looks out of place and keep you updated with all the new and strange things I might encounter.

So I made some weird tests today. Test Subject is Dislodged Spirit on EE 2.2 Challenge mode.

• One of the first things I wanted to test was whether or not Stimulate ( 5% + 5%*CAL RpH%) was acutally stackable up to a 100%. It was.                                                    This means a level 20 disloged spirit disregards any and all cd it might have, meaning you can eat as many runes with Stimulate as you want, as the cd goes down with level. Did you think that Regen per Hit was OP ? BEHOLD Regen per Hit Percent takes it to a completely different planet.

• The other suprising thing is that the debuff actually stacks. I thought it was a one time only thing. But no, it stacks. As far as I tested it only stacks during its duration, eg. every debuff counter stacks as long as its own duration. Now this makes it sound a lot more useful than it is, because attributes mostly only contribute 40% towards hp and dmg. Weirdly enough, spell damage didnt increase with lowered attributes, which means you cant do more spell damage by lowering atttributes with dislodged soul. Kinda weird. Anyway, if you have 55% lowered attributes after the fith hit you have 98% attribute reduction. Thats not bad.  As far as I have confirmed lowered attributes make you more able to hit a target with combat attacks. Not really useful if you keep stacking with a spell, but you never know when this comes in handy. Maybe for a hybrid.

• If a mob dies with lowered attributes, its final lowered max hp will be displayed in the character panel.

• After a rumor that Wildfire actually simply adds 100% of spell damage as physical damage I checked it out, but denied that claim. Wildifire works as advertised, but the tooltip indeed shows a wrong physical/ice 50/50 parameter. The damage that Wildfire does is neglectable, coming in at less than 10% of the combat arts damage.

Ok, that was a lot, and I am sure the wiki would have mentioned this as a pro, if people would have actually know this. Stimulate removing cd from the CA, debuffs are stackable, and Wildifre more than neglectable.

This also has big implications, making disloding soul a single target killer without any drawbacks.

Edited by Charon117
  • Thanks! 1
48 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

Kinda weird.

I think, I know why. The formula responsible seems to return 50% chance, regardless of input parameters. That's what happens, when the coder types +, instead of =. 

Edited by dimitrius154
7 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

I think, I know why. The formula responsible seems to return 50% chance, regardless of input parameters. That's what happens, when the coder types +, instead of =. 

Some more updates:

• First damage gets calculated, then attributes get lowered.

• The damage that Torture does is actually .. something completely different than the wiki describes.If the wiki would be correct I would be doing 42 + 21 * 48 = 1050 ice damage. The truth is that it is simply 75% of your described ice damage done over 5 pulses. It is also stackable. Since I already described how fast the debuffs stack, it makes a lot more sense to take Torture over Deprivation if you take Stimulate as a follow up.
15 hours ago, Charon117 said:

The damage that Torture does is actually .. something completely different than the wiki describes.If the wiki would be correct I would be doing 42 + 21 * 48 = 1050 ice damage. The truth is that it is simply 75% of your described ice damage done over 5 pulses.

Torture's spell token is as follows:

entry6 = {"et_dotdamage_ice", 420, 210, 4, 42 },

This is simply Ice DOT added on top of the base damage, spread out across the duration of the curse. It's not connected to the base ice damage whatsoever.  The damage numbers on the wiki are pasted from the scripts and admittedly don't translate all that well to in-game damage numbers because so many other calculations are involved.

16 hours ago, Charon117 said:

If a mob dies with lowered attributes, its final lowered max hp will be displayed in the character panel.

You'll see something similar when any enemy is disarmed. They show as inflicting 0 damage in the Last Opponent window.

17 hours ago, Charon117 said:

The other suprising thing is that the debuff actually stacks. I thought it was a one time only thing. But no, it stacks.

Seems to be the case with almost all debuffs in Sacred 2. Unlike Diablo where the duration simply get refreshed, you can curse enemies into oblivion if the duration exceeds the cooldown.

18 hours ago, Charon117 said:

BEHOLD Regen per Hit Percent takes it to a completely different planet

Simplest way to solve that would be to just remove the scaling increase per level, and just leave it at a flat value that doesn't increase with more runes read.  There are a lot of of CA's that use that token (it's called "et_energy_leech_once") so there may be a need to adjust several CA's in such a way.

18 hours ago, Charon117 said:

The damage that Wildfire does is neglectable, coming in at less than 10% of the combat arts damage.

Can see about adjusting it to make it more useful.

Thanks for the in-depth testing.

55 minutes ago, Flix said:

Torture's spell token is as follows:

entry6 = {"et_dotdamage_ice", 420, 210, 4, 42 },

This is simply Ice DOT added on top of the base damage, spread out across the duration of the curse. It's not connected to the base ice damage whatsoever.  The damage numbers on the wiki are pasted from the scripts and admittedly don't translate all that well to in-game damage numbers because so many other calculations are involved.

That appears to be true(er) than what I stated. Additional testing revealed 142 ice damage and 15 damage over 5 pulses.Which is 75 / 142 ~ 50% . Anyway, since there are no accurate formulas for it, what does it do anyway ? Tested a level 1 and level 48 dislodged soul, and the damage seems to go up, percent wise of the base damage. Test subjects were the cobolds in teh starting region ( without ice resistances ). The numbers above are a level 1 dislodged soul. So, finally we can just say it adds DoT ice damage, how much is unknown ? If we assume a level 1 to be 42 + 21 + damage modifier than 75 damage sounds about correct on Silver. The level 48 was tested on platinum and the resistances decrease it from the expected 1050 to 543 ? Also what does " / 75% from base ice damage)" on the wiki mean ?

55 minutes ago, Flix said:

Simplest way to solve that would be to just remove the scaling increase per level, and just leave it at a flat value that doesn't increase with more runes read.  There are a lot of of CA's that use that token (it's called "et_energy_leech_once") so there may be a need to adjust several CA's in such a way.

Wow, hold your horses. This discussion would lead us back to the balance vs discovery aspect of games.

If you start to balance such things I dont think you should look at other characters, or even at other aspects. When I suggested to nerf RpH than it was because this affected EVERY character in the game, especially RhP might be on set pieces you need to wear, even though you might not wanted to RhP on it to ruin your game. But this is a completely different case.
First, its a mod at the end of the mod line, so people have 100% of freedom in not choosing it. Secondly, it only affects 1 CA, and people again have the choice to avoid it. Thirdly, there are a lot better Area of Effect abilities in the Supremacy aspect, and you dont think of nerfing them either. Personally I am not averse to a mod completely removing cd from a CA. Why not ? If you dont want it, dont choose it. And lastly, a game doesnt have to be balanced, it has to be fun. Nerfing 1 option which ruins everything else ? Yes. Doctoring around with 1 ability which only has its own corner ? Whats the benefits of that ?

My suggestion is simply to make Wildfire into a more interesting/effective ability. Preferable on par in strenght with an ability that removes the whole cd from a spell. Watch the following for why you should buff more than you should nerf:

PS: Wildifre does physical damage, and its hard to find something which doesnt have physical armor. This is one of the main reasons its ineffective. A proper way of looking at it is to maybe change the damage type. For instance to Fire, and call it A Song Of Fire And Ice. Not every ability has to be OP, but every ability should be interesting.

Edited by Charon117

it only affects 1 CA,

What you're not acknowledging is that the energy leech from Dislodged Spirit doesn't just affect itself, it will regenerate all combat arts. So the player has a spammable regen per hit effect that doesn't even require landing a successful weapon hit to regenerate all combat arts immediately. Jolting Touch seems to be in the same boat. 

What might solve it better would be to leave all values alone except to add an actual Cooldown. That would reduce the excessive stacking and also prevent the instant regen.

make Wildfire into a more interesting/effective ability.

The values are very low. Will probably change the damage type to fire and double the damage value.

Wow, hold your horses.

Haven't done anything yet (not even at home), just thinking out loud. Testing will bear out the viability of any changes.

14 minutes ago, Flix said:

regenerate all combat arts immediately

Not really "immediately". Dislodging Spirit has an animation which is not on the short side. Its a least an uncancelable 1 second duration, which is only boostable by increased cast speed, which isnt that common, and doesnt really net you much otherwise.

19 minutes ago, Flix said:

What you're not acknowledging is that the energy leech from Dislodged Spirit doesn't just affect itself

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I havent thought about that yet. This means funny combinations of max level Callous Execution + Dislodging Spirit means one regenerates the other. Ingenious. But look, thats good, that adds to the viable strategies you can discover.

23 minutes ago, Flix said:

What might solve it better would be to leave all values alone except to add an actual Cooldown. That would reduce the excessive stacking and also prevent the instant regen.

Not saying you shouldnt test it, but to what result ? The inquisitor doesnt have a good single target spell damage, and a cooldown on it would do nothing but ruin the flow of the player.

25 minutes ago, Flix said:

Haven't done anything yet (not even at home), just thinking out loud. Testing with bear out the viability of any changes.

Look,

all I am seeing are very interesting ways of playing the game as it is right now. You are even suggesting things which I havent thought about. Like dislodging spirit + max level maelstrom. But that way of playing the game means the player has to constantly move in and out of the danger zone. Using DS as a regeneration tool is definitely more on the busy side of playing the game. Thats good, as it means the player can have an advantage as long as he micros more. Whats so bad about that ?

All I feel you are suggesting is a fix for a niche mod that people can freely avoid if they want to. I nerfed RhP and LL% in my game because they are unavoidable mods which overshadow much of complete valid mechanics and content. What fun is LL% which ignores damage mitigation, armour and damage increase% ? Why are bosses with interesting mechanics getting dumbed down to COCE + LL% ? You dont even have to figure out the resistances and as long as you hit you get healed 100% per hit. RhP is much the same, as I cant choose to NOT have them on my set items.

I just feel like you are trying to find a solution for a non-existing problem, in playstyle you dont even play :(.

I dont play the droid yet, so I cant say anything about jolting touch, but +0.1 RhP% per level doesnt seem OP to me.

I just feel like you are trying to find a solution for a non-existing problem

Relax. You framed it like a problem, so I approached it like one.  It's not like you're stuck with whatever I do, and I haven't even done anything. XD

• Appreciation 1
  • The topic was pinned