Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

On 2/19/2020 at 11:13 AM, Roderick said:

The armor works. :) May I ask how it is scaling? Right now skeletons gain 5 resistance per Astral Lore additional to their normal armor. When I think about your screenshots, the old value on your skeletons was about 3.000 armor and with the new patch it was 10.000 armor. That would be Astral Lore level 1400... and I somehow doubt that.

I believe the armor boost follows the same formula as the Damage % part of Astral Lord Lore:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Astral_Lord_Lore

9 hours ago, Flix said:

Yes, this was implemented in CM 1.60 to avoid that ridiculously overpowered exploit.  You can still get good performance out of them, though it won't be the ungodly "insta-hit everything on screen" of the past.  I believe Dual Wielding + Frenzied Rampage wins the prize for most projectiles launched - I recommend trying it.  :smile: 

Can't think of any reason.  You did delete your old options.txt right?  That forces the game to generate a new with your custom changes.

That´s fine, just as long as I know that everything works properly. A dual wielding seraphim w staves is quite fun. You get both close combat fighting and range shooting in the same weapon(s), which saves a slot for other fun stuff. I´ll try out the SW next. 

Yeah, I deleted the options.txt, but to no avail. I can switch weapon-slots with the F-keys just fine, so it can´t be a communication issue. It´s all very strange.  

EDIT: Wohoo I got it to work! Somehow the optionsCustom.txt on my lap was corrupt. I removed it and replaced it with the working one on my desktop computer, and lo and behold, it worked. It´s still strange though, because the corrupt one was also a copy of the desktop one. 

At the moment I´m divided between going vanilla spells and enhanced spells. The new spells are very fun, but I miss the teleporting capabilities of the Dryad and the Shadow Vail on the Shadow Warrior. A tough decision. If I had to choose a CA to ditch from the dryad, it would be the Dust Devil as I never use it anyways. Sure, it has it advantages if you get cornered or just like to stand still, but I´d rather just teleport myself out of such a mess. The rooting mod of Forest Flight is quite useful too. The new poison trap is acting a bit weird. It never lands where I´m aiming, and it moves way to slow to be useful on anything other than enemies that don´t move around a lot. Or maybe I´m just not experienced with it enough; might try it out a bit more before final judgment :-)

Edited by ric7202
Update

Here are some feedback suggestions:

• I searched for "giantbat" in creatures.txt and halfed the modelscale for each. Remember that I scaled normal mobs with -0.1 and elites with + 0.1 already
  • Cut 25% from the 2 logicBox  "classification = "CLF_GIANT_BAT"," in itemtype.txt. The new values are these:
      logicBox = {
        minx=-30.577, miny=-14.388, minz=56.312, 
        maxx=32.486, maxy=15.617, maxz=103.471, 
        },
  • I also suggest to triple the LL damage from giantbats, where exisiting.
  • I also increased the movement speed of giantbats by a flat amount of 50, although this will come in a future release.

Here is an image how it looks like:

Unbenannt4.thumb.jpg.1a653529d21b8dd36b082020ae922735.jpg

As far as I have seen up to 4 bats can now attack the player. Bats are faster and block less. They are still "giant" by any normal standard.

1 hour ago, Charon117 said:

Here are some feedback suggestions

Those all seem like worthwhile changes.  Will see about trying them.

Nothing on Sakkara or Carnach?

52 minutes ago, Flix said:

Nothing on Sakkara or Carnach?

Im currently in the swamp, looking for something. This is why I can give you feedback about swamp things.

First of all, I dont test. I have little enough time, that I won´t spend it on testing. When I spend my time I spend it on playing, which is little enough as it is. Once I make the full round and then towards the Carnach, I will give you feedback about him. Which could be in a month, or 2. Or never. It all depends. Sorry, im not a tester, I just play the game.

:)

56 minutes ago, Flix said:

You have the Sakkara divine gift, I can see it in your screenshot. How hard is it to click that button and see what happens?

Flix my friend, I dont even have 2.3. Im still in the middle of my 2.2 run, and I cant upgrade because I upgrade when I switch difficulties for the safest switch. I cant download your files because they require a 2.3 base, and I dont have that, thus I cant even apply your files. Apart from the fact that my own files have numerous changes, which I need to transfer into a modmergeable format, and functionality which I havent written yet.

For instance I have the changed movement speed already in a mod format, and they would work for a 2.2 installation. Bad for anybody who doesnt actually have a 2.2 installation. So I need modmerge functionality which extracts the movement speed data and applies it to any build.

Here is my to do list.

1. Find what I am looking for in the game.
2. Publish all relevant mods in an MSC format.
3. Finish the current run so that I can safely switch over to 2.3
4. Switch over to 2.3 .
5. Apply all relevant 2.4 stuff
6. Start next difficulty

As you can see 2.4 is at the bottom of a long long list. I know what you want, you want a Modder - Tester relationship, a really beautiful relationship, but you got the wrong guy. Im just here to play the game, and give feedback. Thats all I can do.

Cheers.

6 hours ago, Charon117 said:

Flix my friend, I dont even have 2.3. Im still in the middle of my 2.2 run, and I cant upgrade because I upgrade when I switch difficulties for the safest switch. I cant download your files because they require a 2.3 base, and I dont have that, thus I cant even apply your files. Apart from the fact that my own files have numerous changes, which I need to transfer into a modmergeable format, and functionality which I havent written yet.

For instance I have the changed movement speed already in a mod format, and they would work for a 2.2 installation. Bad for anybody who doesnt actually have a 2.2 installation. So I need modmerge functionality which extracts the movement speed data and applies it to any build.

Here is my to do list.

1. Find what I am looking for in the game.
2. Publish all relevant mods in an MSC format.
3. Finish the current run so that I can safely switch over to 2.3
4. Switch over to 2.3 .
5. Apply all relevant 2.4 stuff
6. Start next difficulty

As you can see 2.4 is at the bottom of a long long list. I know what you want, you want a Modder - Tester relationship, a really beautiful relationship, but you got the wrong guy. Im just here to play the game, and give feedback. Thats all I can do.

Cheers.

Ahhhh, gotcha. No worries.  I had imagined you were installing all kinds of updates and personal modifications on the fly.  I'll wait a while before pushing 2.4.  There's nothing urgent about its release.  Minion AI sucks in 2.3 but then it's sucked all these years, a few more weeks won't hurt anything.

• Like! 1
On 12/30/2019 at 3:04 PM, Charon117 said:

Life regeneration for Enhance ? Seriously ? GTFO and give me casting speed instead, as it is custom for a magic enhancing blacksmith art. With that Enhance might just become a good choice for casters. Maybe even pair it with AS, so that physical and casters might both find it viable, since one CA never gets boosted by both.

Heh, I just noticed this.  Since attack and casting speed are now readily available on jewelry, I've opted for switching to "Spell Intensity +X%" as the unlockable bonus on the Enhance blacksmith art, effective in v2.4

12 hours ago, SANGEL said:

Is there a chance we see some overhaul to the sets bonus?  Most of them seem pretty underwhelming and  most of the time it's better to choose a piece with more sockets.

Give me some examples of what you wish to see?  We could make them any combination of existing bonuses.

• Respect! 1

I have a suggestion about a certain spell token, the "et_closedown_buff". It's one of the few really painful properties, due to unreasonably high chances on general issue spells of certain enemies.

The "et_debuff_CA_regen" token does not work on npcs. It does, however work on players. Therefore, the suggestion is to change several spells the following way:

mgr.defineSpell( "enemy_gen_chainlightning", {
	eiStateName = "cSpellCast",
	fxTypeCast = "fx_gen_buff_deakt",
	fxTypeSpell = "FX_HE_ENERGIEBLITZ",
	fxTypeCastSpecial = "",
	duration = 15.000000,
	animType = "ANIM_TYPE_MAGICA",
	animTypeApproach = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
	animTypeRide = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
	animTypeSpecial = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
	causesSpellDamage = 1,
	tokens = {
		entry0 = {"et_chance_chain_nr", 850, 2, 0, 4 },
		entry1 = {"et_spelldamage_ice", 560, 280, 0, 133 },
		entry2 = {"et_spelldamage_physical", 420, 210, 0, 133 },
		entry3 = {"et_closedown_buff", 250, 0, 0, 5 },
		entry4 = {"et_debuff_CA_regen", 500, 10, 0, 42 },
		entry5 = {"et_duration_sec", 500, 0, 0, 8 },
	},
	fightDistance = 525.000000,
	aspect = "EA_ENEMY_ANY",
	cooldown = 2.000000,
	soundProfile = 0,
	cost_level = 200,
	cost_base = 300,
	focus_skill_name = "skill__enemy_focus",
	lore_skill_name = "skill__enemy_lore",
	spellClass = "cSpellHeEnergieblitz",
	spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_effect_attack",
	sorting_rank = 0,
})
mgr.defineSpell( "boss_auge_traps_killbuffs", {
	fxTypeCast = "fx_gen_buff_deakt",
	fxTypeSpell = "FX_GEN_SPAWN1_I",
	fxTypeCastSpecial = "FX_GEN_TRAP5",
	duration = 0.000000,
	animTypeApproach = "",
	animTypeRide = "",
	animTypeSpecial = "",
	causesSpellDamage = 1,
	tokens = {
		entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 4500, 0, 0, 8 },
		entry1 = {"et_range_area", 500, 0, 0, 4 },
		entry2 = {"et_closedown_buff", 500, 5, 0, 5 },
		entry3 = {"et_debuff_CA_regen", 500, 10, 0, 42 },
	},
	fightDistance = 300.000000,
	aspect = "EA_ENEMY_ANY",
	cooldown = 52.000000,
	soundProfile = 0,
	cost_level = 0,
	cost_base = 0,
	spellClass = "cSpellAugeFallen",
	spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_effect_location_start",
	sorting_rank = 0,
})
mgr.defineSpell( "enemy_ghost_schock_3", {
	fxTypeCast = "FX_GHOSTSHOCK_C",
	fxTypeSpell = "FX_GHOSTSHOCK",
	fxTypeCastSpecial = "",
	duration = 750.000000,
	animTypeApproach = "",
	animTypeRide = "",
	animTypeSpecial = "",
	causesSpellDamage = 1,
	tokens = {
		entry0 = {"et_dotdamage_magic", 700, 350, 0, 42 },
		entry1 = {"et_spelldamage_physical", 560, 280, 0, 133 },
		entry2 = {"et_energy_leech_once", 100, 100, 0, 9 },
		entry3 = {"et_closedown_buff", 250, 0, 0, 5 },
		entry4 = {"et_debuff_CA_regen", 500, 10, 0, 42 },
		entry5 = {"et_duration_sec", 500, 5, 0, 8 },
	},
	fightDistance = 300.000000,
	aspect = "EA_ENEMY_ANY",
	cooldown = 2.000000,
	soundProfile = 0,
	cost_level = 300,
	cost_base = 300,
	spellClass = "cSpellGhostShock",
	spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_effect_attack",
	sorting_rank = 0,
})
mgr.defineSpell( "new_wisp_lightning", {
	fxTypeCast = "FX_SE_BLITZ_C",
	fxTypeSpell = "FX_SE_BLITZ",
	fxTypeCastSpecial = "",
	duration = 15.000000,
	animTypeApproach = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
	animTypeRide = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
	animTypeSpecial = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
	causesSpellDamage = 1,
	tokens = {
		entry0 = {"et_spelldamage_magic", 460, 280, 0, 133 },
		entry1 = {"et_spelldamage_physical", 420, 210, 0, 133 },
		entry2 = {"et_closedown_buff", 250, 0, 0, 5 },
		entry3 = {"et_debuff_CA_regen", 500, 10, 0, 42 },
		entry4 = {"et_duration_sec", 500, 5, 0, 8 },
	},
	fightDistance = 525.000000,
	aspect = "EA_ENEMY_ANY",
	cooldown = 5.000000,
	soundProfile = 0,
	cost_level = 300,
	cost_base = 300,
	spellClass = "cSpellSeBlitz",
	spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_effect_attack_ray",
	sorting_rank = 0,
})

"enemy_ghost_schock_3" and "new_wisp_lightning" are just custom spells I made for the mod, only used by the new High Elf Summon "Mage's Familiar."  In fact the former spell is actually replaced entirely by the latter and could be deleted completely.

I don't mind "boss_auge_traps_killbuffs" being at 100% since it's easily avoided, and only used by one boss (a few others in D2F).

"enemy_gen_chainlightning" is the real problem, being so freely available to various Harpy enemies as well as an early boss (White Griffin) that is already difficult at low levels without the debuff.  The player is often mercilessly spammed with this spell.  Replacing the property outright with "et_debuff_CA_regen" might be a good move.  Sluggish CA regeneration sort of fits with the freezing effect of ice damage.

Two more items of note:

1) There're 3 particle files: fx_gen_frostring1, fx_gen_frostring2, fx_gen_frostring3. Does changing the emission rate from 333 and 222 to 111 fix the lag issue for the FX_GEN_FROSTRING on your rig? Seems to work for me.

2) In your opinion, Is there any chance we get a better sector files editor? There's quite some info there, especially if one would like to modify the main menu sector(most importantly, camera position and angle, imp position, special effects for the sector)

• Like! 1
51 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Does changing the emission rate from 333 and 222 to 111 fix the lag issue for the FX_GEN_FROSTRING on your rig?

Will try this solution in a few hours and report back.  Very hopeful about this one.

52 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

In your opinion, Is there any chance we get a better sector files editor?

I think Pesmontis would tell me if he made any breakthroughs, but I will go ahead and ask him directly.  May take a few days before he responds.

57 minutes ago, Flix said:

I think Pesmontis would tell me if he made any breakthroughs, but I will go ahead and ask him directly.  May take a few days before he responds.

Some additional info: those good people at Ascaron seem to have changed the format workings for newer expansion sectors. Which incidentally include the main menu sector. I can detect the appropriate paratemers for the newer layout, but have trouble with the older one(it seems to consist of modules, with each module precluded with OPC)

[EDIT] OK, nevermind, I guess. Additional tests show, that trying to use the demo, or the original Fallen Angel main menu sectors results in a brief graphical glitch, as well as the loss to preview the Imp. A pity, but I, as of now, discourage the use of main menu sector replacements.

Edited by dimitrius154
5 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

There're 3 particle files: fx_gen_frostring1, fx_gen_frostring2, fx_gen_frostring3.

Confirmed, this worked for me. FPS drop was negligible to none, as opposed to the usual 15+ drop.

Sadly the same trick did not work for the Druid's Hurricane in D2F (fx_cm_kaelteaura1, fx_cm_kaelteaura2, fx_cm_kaelteaura3).  It still drops from 60fps to 6fps (no exaggeration).  I even tried making all the various particles and textures invisible as a test, still dropped fps like a stone in a pond.

Was there any luck with figuring out why Divine Protection deactivates Warding Energy when it expires?

20 minutes ago, Flix said:

Was there any luck with figuring out why Divine Protection deactivates Warding Energy when it expires?

I've not yet addressed the issue, but it's on my list of to-do things.

21 minutes ago, Flix said:

I even tried making all the various particles and textures invisible as a test, still dropped fps like a stone in a pond.

And if the particle scripts themselves are replaced by, hmm, gen_frostring ones(with particlesystem name changed of course)?

20 hours ago, Flix said:

Give me some examples of what you wish to see?  We could make them any combination of existing bonuses. 

Wow, that would be a long list, I'll  write a little bit everyday and hopefully I could cover most of the sets.

First let start with serephim.

Niokaste's Blade Dance: Chance to inflict Deep Wounds,opponent's level for deathblow, life leech(points based),double hit,increased shield energy.

If it is technically possible, add a skill to the final bonus: the blade dance skill you made as a standalone mod.

BTW, I think % based life leech should be banned in sacerd2, it's just a really bad design that kills build diversity.

• Like! 1
15 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

And if the particle scripts themselves are replaced by, hmm, gen_frostring ones(with particlesystem name changed of course)?

Will test tonight when I get home from work.  It's interesting comparing the two sets of scripts, they are very similar, almost identical.  I'll experiment changing parameters until I see a performance change.  Will post in the Druid's thread if there's anything worth reporting, to keep this thread clean.

3 hours ago, SANGEL said:

If it is technically possible, add a skill to the final bonus: the blade dance skill you made as a standalone mod.

That's been a frequent request, I guess because Sacred 1 had unique set bonuses that granted special skills and auras.  There's no such capability in Sacred 2, sorry.  We're stuck with whatever bonuses can appear on items.

3 hours ago, SANGEL said:

BTW, I think % based life leech should be banned in sacerd2, it's just a really bad design that kills build diversity.

I tend to agree, but I imagine an uproar if I do such a thing.

28 minutes ago, Flix said:

Sacred 1 had unique set bonuses that granted special skills and auras.

Right, those were not property-based, but hardcoded for specific sets, some were broken, and the Orla-Aisling full set bonus was causing save game corruption during extended gameplays.

30 minutes ago, Flix said:

I tend to agree, but I imagine an uproar if I do such a thing.

The actual 'problem' with the modifier is, I guess, the irresistable damage part, not the leeching itself.

While researching the reason for the Deathblow modifier on equipment not affecting spell-based CA's, I've come to the conclusion, that equipment modifiers not affecting damage output is a bug. A certain function is not being called due to poorly chosen checks for server-client application type on all spellclasses with spell-based attacks. So it's not about a weapon- vs. spell-based damage, but about EVERY spellclass being bugged.

[EDIT] Ok, just checked on the cSpellDmGedankenschlag spellclass. As soon as I change the check position, modifiers start to work.

Edited by dimitrius154
53 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

While researching the reason for the Deathblow modifier on equipment not affecting spell-based CA's, I've come to the conclusion, that equipment modifiers not affecting damage output is a bug. A certain function is not being called due to poorly chosen checks for server-client application type on all spellclasses with spell-based attacks. So it's not about a weapon- vs. spell-based damage, but about EVERY spellclass being bugged.

[EDIT] Ok, just checked on the cSpellDmGedankenschlag spellclass. As sson as I change the check position, modifiers start to work.

Hmm, can you elaborate a little more on what modifiers weren't working?  And you're saying deathblow and other modifiers didn't work on ANY combat art, if the bonus came from an item?

Wow.

4 minutes ago, Flix said:

Hmm, can you elaborate a little more on what modifiers weren't working?

Basically, anything taken into account during damage calculation: critical hits, state application, deathblow, life-leeching, splash chance, resistances, vulnerabilities, avoidance. Hmm, guess reflection and blocking are not working either.

10 minutes ago, Flix said:

And you're saying deathblow and other modifiers didn't work on ANY combat art, if the bonus came from an item?

Those, that affect damage calculation directly and are part of an EventDamage::toServer function calculations, don't. The function is not being addressed by non-weapon damage spellclasses.

• zomgod! 1