Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

48 minutes ago, Androdion said:

regarding the High Elf's inability to use the Incandescent and Crystal Skin buffs in conjunction, is that reversible?

Yes, it can be done. By simply renaming the Incandescent Skin into, hmm, Incandescent Emanation, the perceived illogic of using these buffs in conjunction is gone. However:

1) The concept of two non-compatible aurae is interesting and well executed in this case. Unlike the Seraphim, where it's actually an annoyance.

2) The High Elf still has her Fire aspect Buff. That means she can have three buffs at a given time.

3) A combined highly light-reflective Crystal Skin fx and highly light-emissive Incandescent Skin fx is not looking good. It's like looking at a diode lamp. 

• Haha 1

I've managed to signficantly extend the amount of tokens, that lore skills affect, as well as introduce a few extra tokens. The affected tokens are:

et_invisible 66
et_convert_chance bd
et_minion_armor_all 63
et_minion_wdam_phy 65
et_minion_attackspeed c6
et_minion_boost 6f
et_summon_armor 77
et_life_leech 46
et_energy_leech_whit 3d
et_life_buff 3e
et_life_regen 3f
et_life_heal_hp 83
et_life_heal_mend 84
et_soul_explosion 9a
et_soul_life_regen e4
et_dotdamage_fire 0f
et_dotdamage_magic 11
et_dotdamage_ice 10
et_dotdamage_poison 13
et_dotdamage_physical 12
et_plague_poison cf
et_plague_const_fire ef
et_base_armor_fir 7e
et_base_armor_ice 7f
et_base_armor_phy 7d
et_base_armor_poi 80
et_base_armor_mag 6b
et_spelldam_TC_fir 2d
et_spelldam_UD_mag 2c
et_dotdam_TC_mag 14
et_banish_spells 2e
et_shieldblock b0
et_shieldstrength b1
et_shield_regen dc
et_itemdam_phy be
et_item_chance_surehit bf
et_debuff_reduce_armor 02
et_debuff_CA_regen e9
et_debuff_strangle 87
et_chance_debuff_root 86
et_reduce_Ereflect d6
et_reduce_Creflect 15
et_reduce_Sreflect 09
et_lower_armor 70
et_invert_armor 7c
et_invert_armor_phy e2
et_wounded_rage 52
et_direct_dmg 69
et_deathblow c2
et_ripper 7b
et_chance_areasplash 19
et_chance_doublehit 98
et_chance_knockdown 01
et_chance_stun 24
et_chance_bleeding 1a
et_chance_deepwound 9c
et_chance_mortalstrike f1
et_chance_criticalhit 18
et_chance_disarm 5a
et_chance_burning ab
et_chance_poisoning 8e
et_chance_knockback 1b
et_chance_dismount 17
et_chance_piercing 5b
et_chance_surehit 1c
et_chance_electrify aa
et_chance_freeze ac
et_chance_fear a9
et_chance_bypass_armor da
et_reduce_evade db
et_chance_evade 22
et_chance_reflect_spell 57
et_chance_reflect_CC 53
et_chance_reflect_missile 55
et_chance_reflect_root 56
et_chance_reflect_stun 54
et_chance_block_spell a8
et_chance_block_missile 58
et_chance_block_root bb
et_chance_block_stun eb
et_chance_block_CC 3b
e_chance_break_root a7
et_reduce_debuffs 6a
et_resist_effectdam_any ec
et_dotdamping_any e0
et_chance_mutate de
et_chance_loot d8
et_exp_rel 4e
et_drop_a_head c8
et_hits_persec 5c
et_charge_shapeshift ed
et_summon_level 73
et_reduce_buffupkeep 7a
et_friendfactor 3c

• zomgod! 1
On 3/1/2020 at 12:06 PM, SANGEL said:

and .... em personal opinion, I just thought the temple guardian doesn't look quite right without a cannon on his left hand.

Can we give him a shorter but bigger weapon for his right hand?

The sword is way too long and looks a little awkward on a very thin frame.

It might look perfect if the pet is a little bit bulkier though.

Alright in 2.4 he'll have a more appropriate sword.  I'm working on some of the Seraphim changes too.

P37ne2Cm.jpg   kGAUp78m.jpg   s6gQSuNm.jpg

• Thanks! 1

@Flix I guess no one would mind a cap of 90% for Damage Mitigation?

Given the calculation code, the easiest thing would be to set the cap to 90% for the mitigation and to 100% for the prone.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1
7 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

I'm all for it.  It would be akin to the resistance capping in games like Diablo 2, Titan Quest, & Grim Dawn.

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

I've managed to signficantly extend the amount of tokens, that lore skills affect,

Wow, might be shorter to list what WASN'T affected.  :lol:  That's astounding.  It looks like it will make Aspect Lores indispensable for almost any build.  Not a bad thing, I think.

as well as introduce a few extra tokens

Can you explain this?  Were you able to add to the list at the bottom of spells.txt as opposed to replacing entries?

12 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Given the calculation code, the easiest thing would be to set the cap to 90% for the mitigation and to 100% for the prone.

Could we cap it at 80%, 90% seems a little bit OP.

13 hours ago, Flix said:

Alright in 2.4 he'll have a more appropriate sword.  I'm working on some of the Seraphim changes too.

P37ne2Cm.jpg   kGAUp78m.jpg   s6gQSuNm.jpg

That's really cool!!!

Is there a chance we could have a tech helmet?

Hello everyone, been browsing darkmatters for some time now, for a lot of helpful and useful guides and tips, registered to download this mod as it looked like something that is too good to pass by. Haven't played Sacred 2 without it but atm playing a dryad and everything looks nice and good, so firstly, thank you for a great job. Now, when I was kinda planning on my build, I wanted to make a ranged bow dryad, so I found the Tangled Vines CA, which looked very useful to me to CC all the stuff and then shoot them at range. Just got the golden mod on it today, the extended range, and as far as I can tell, it's um, a very little increase? On the first page I haven't found any changes to this CA from this mod, nor from the Manual that was around page 35 or so here. On the CA itself in-game, it lists the increase in range as 40%, which seems accurate, since I only ever manage to root 2 mobs standing quite close to each other, super rarely 3. Was this change made in the Community Patch and is working as intended, and the 400% from the wiki page was considered too much? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something, rather new to Sacred 2 in general :)

3 hours ago, Flix said:

It looks like it will make Aspect Lores indispensable for almost any build.

A couple days back I've introduced the Sacred 1-like mechanics for item modifiers(they now affect spells) - that allows spell-casters to make good use of the Blacksmith skill, as well as making gear useful for spell-casters, without them having to learn the appropriate weapon, or armor lore skills.

The lore skill token table now gives Sacred 2 something, that S1 doesn't have(as well as D2 to an extent) - a reasonable-level equipment independence for the spell-casting builds. It matters not, whether you have that specific unique, or set item. You should still be able to reliably eliminate the opposition. 

4 hours ago, Flix said:

Were you able to add to the list at the bottom of spells.txt as opposed to replacing entries?

Yes, that's correct. I've found a few unused tokens in the code, renamed them and then added as new tokens to spells.txt 

15 hours ago, SANGEL said:

Could we cap it at 80%, 90% seems a little bit OP.

Technically, yes. Thing is, there're several elites and bosses, that use make use of  >100% mitigation bonus(so as to show their affinity to their element, like poison). Hmm, guess 85% is a compromise.

So then, the mitigation is capped at 85%, prone is uncapped.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1
15 hours ago, Archvile said:

Hello everyone, been browsing darkmatters for some time now, for a lot of helpful and useful guides and tips, registered to download this mod as it looked like something that is too good to pass by. Haven't played Sacred 2 without it but atm playing a dryad and everything looks nice and good, so firstly, thank you for a great job. Now, when I was kinda planning on my build, I wanted to make a ranged bow dryad, so I found the Tangled Vines CA, which looked very useful to me to CC all the stuff and then shoot them at range. Just got the golden mod on it today, the extended range, and as far as I can tell, it's um, a very little increase? On the first page I haven't found any changes to this CA from this mod, nor from the Manual that was around page 35 or so here. On the CA itself in-game, it lists the increase in range as 40%, which seems accurate, since I only ever manage to root 2 mobs standing quite close to each other, super rarely 3. Was this change made in the Community Patch and is working as intended, and the 400% from the wiki page was considered too much? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something, rather new to Sacred 2 in general :)

Hello!  Thanks for trying the mod. 

It actually is a 400% increase in range, it's just that the base range is so small, the practical effect is not as much as it sounds.  It does continue to scale with CA level though, so you can root an entire mob eventually.  I'll consider increasing the effect of the modification in EE 2.4.  It sounds like I put "40%" in the in-game tooltip by mistake.  

17 hours ago, SANGEL said:

That's really cool!!!

Is there a chance we could have a tech helmet?

Thanks, Silver Fox made that sword, I think it's a good fit. 

I think I'll stick with his current helmet; I like that his eyes glow with T-Energy.

This is what I put together for the Sublime Guardian:

If you take "Instill Belief" mod:

YD1OIJEm.jpg   mbiSCbwm.jpg   2bi6Phsm.jpg

If you take "Guardian's Wrath" mod:

TLiqywom.jpg   zJHFomsm.jpg   UtI1Rcgm.jpg

I've also changed the spell she casts from Archangel's Wrath into an instant beam attack, similar to Baneful Smite. 

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Hello!  Thanks for trying the mod. 

It actually is a 400% increase in range, it's just that the base range is so small, the practical effect is not as much as it sounds.  It does continue to scale with CA level though, so you can root an entire mob eventually.  I'll consider increasing the effect of the modification in EE 2.4.  It sounds like I put "40%" in the in-game tooltip by mistake.  

Thank you for a quick reply and clarification. I thought it was a bit strange since almost all the other CAs in your mod (for the dryad at least) do scale and on this one it just says 40% without any % increase with levels, so I thought well, it's either great or superbad, and decided to try it out. In any case I will try to pump it up a bit and see when I can achieve notable difference :)

12 hours ago, Flix said:

This is what I put together for the Sublime Guardian:

Maybe it would be cooler if one version is more 'warrior' focused, equiped with the mutation set with better stats on melee.

Another aspect is more magey....... we could give her Heavenly Justice with more of a focus on magic so she casts her spells more often....

And I thought perhaps we could give her a headband or something that doesn't cover her hair, seraphim looks best with her blonde hair.

Here are some nominations for headband.

Sacred 2 Screenshot 2020.03.06 - 03.51.31.92-min.jpg

Sacred 2 Screenshot 2020.03.06 - 03.52.01.98-min.jpg

The succubus is a great company to have, thanks  @Flix for your amazing work!!

Yet she is way too serious.

Could we have one with a more relaxed look?

I also found out that her skin is a little bit oily.

(Black and white mixture that looks painterly?

Sorry I'm not an artist, I dunno how to describe it)

I took a screenshot though.

PS: Could we have her armor texture rivaling that of the inquisitor's? (Lots of details)

I really like the improved version of his outfit from EE!!  Thanks again Flix!!

If her wings are a little bit higher,  she might look a little bit more imposing?

Sacred 2 Screenshot 2020.03.03 - 06.20.34.32-min.jpg

5 hours ago, SANGEL said:

And I thought perhaps we could give her a headband or something that doesn't cover her hair, seraphim looks best with her blonde hair.

Sadly the Seraphim model when used as an NPC is bald. She has no hair, and the mechanics to add it are unique to the playable characters, hence the helmet.

37 minutes ago, Flix said:

She has no hair, and the mechanics to add it are unique to the playable characters

Hmm? While I've never checked this one, do you state, that hair%ditemtype works for hero types only? 

1 minute ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm? While I've never checked this one, do you state, that hair%ditemtype works for hero types only? 

Yes indeed, I've mentioned in passing when I was revamping the Black Seraphim some time past.

The "hair1Itemtype" etc. lines in creatureinfo.txt don't have any effect except for the 7 playable heroes.

8 minutes ago, Flix said:

The "hair1Itemtype" etc. lines in creatureinfo.txt don't have any effect except for the 7 playable heroes

Hmm, the FLAG_HASHAIR in itemtype.txt.

Edited by dimitrius154

Hmm, the FLAG_HASHAIR in itemtype.txt.

Even if the same itemtype is used (for example "1" for the Seraphim) hair still won't work on NPC's. 

9 minutes ago, Flix said:

Even if the same itemtype is used (for example "1" for the Seraphim) hair still won't work on NPC's.

Just to be certain, the FLAG_HASHAIR is present on the NPC in question, yet there's no hair?

10 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Just to be certain, the FLAG_HASHAIR is present on the NPC in question, yet there's no hair?

Yes without a doubt. I've been working around this annoyance for quite some time with D2F.

Just as an example this is Failitia from the CM Patch:

newItemType = {
	-- standard info
	renderfamily = "RENDERFAM_CREATURE",
	renderprio   = 0,
	family       = "FAMILY_CREATURE",
	subfamily    = "SUBFAM_LIFE_HUMAN",
	classification = "CLF_DEFAULT",
	flags        = "FLAG_HASHAIR + FLAG_HASSOUND + FLAG_HASPREVIEWIMAGE",
	weargroup    = "WEARGROUP_NPC_ONLY",
	-- 3d model + animation info
	model0Data = {
	  name         = "models/heroes/seraphim/c_sera_skin.GR2",
	  user         = "WEARGROUP_INVALID",
	},
	-- logic bounding box
  logicBox = {
    minx=-9.623, miny=-8.72, minz=0.12, 
    maxx=12.52, maxy=13.248, maxz=72.018, 
	},
	dangerclass   = 0,
}
mgr.typeCreate(13238, newItemType);

newCreatureInfo = {
  type         = 13238,
  walkSpeed    = 50,
  runSpeed     = 130,
  fightDistMin = 12,
  fightDistMax = 16,
  gender       = 3,
  agegroup     = 3,
	validEquipSlots = "EID_WEAPON_R + EID_WEAPON_L + EID_SHIELD_L + EID_HELMET + EID_SHOULDER + EID_CHEST + EID_ARM + EID_HAND + EID_LEG + EID_BOOT + EID_WINGS + EID_BELT",
	defaultSMType = SMT_DEFAULT,
	behaviour     = "WildAnimal",
  hair1Itemtype = 73,
  hair2Itemtype = 0,
  hair3Itemtype = 0,
  hair4Itemtype = 0,
  hair5Itemtype = 0,
  hair6Itemtype = 0,
  tailItemtype  = 0,
	dangerClass   = 0,
  weight        = 80,
	eBloodEffect  = "BLOODFX_GHOST",