Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

I have been prowling around with the Dryad to check some of the new features and I'm really not conviced about the new Venomous Trap skill.

While I understand why you wanted to replace the buggy movement skill, it seems very hard to aim that trap throw at any incoming enemy and esp. on narrow ledges it likes to spawn in mid air. The slow following speed of the trap does little to ameliorate the clumsy execution.

I'd rather suggest to replace it with a self-centered (CA-centered), charge-up skill that blasts poison nova damage outwards and pushes enemies away.

To me this seems a better option as it would help the melee and the ranged Dryad in a pinch.

Maybe you could even use the ancient bark kneeling animation for that.

P.S.:

for variety purposes I would also suggest not to use the bleeding chance mod (open_wound) on the Dryad's single and multi hit CA, but to replace it with either mortalstrike or deepwound on the single hit CA. 

Edited by jwiz
  • Thanks! 1
5 hours ago, SANGEL said:

What about Sofia's model from the seraphim island?

In her case that's all one model.  The hair, the armor, everything is just built together as one mesh.  It does look good.  I thought about using it but I don't want the Guardian to be a clone of a main story NPC.

48 minutes ago, jwiz said:

While I understand why you wanted to replace the buggy movement skill, it seems very hard to aim that trap throw at any incoming enemy and esp. on narrow ledges it likes to spawn in mid air. The slow following speed of the trap does little to ameliorate the clumsy execution.

I noticed that I can change the spellclass and make the targeting more accurate (spawns exactly where you click) but it will no longer move around at all.  This was the original behavior years ago.

Realistically it probably shouldn't be a spell at all but something weapon-based, as that is what the aspect is.  I'll consider what combat art might fit as a replacement.

This is what I was able to extract from the Windows Event Log:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: sacred2.exe, Version: 2.65.2.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4be45a9b
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: s2logic.dll, Version: 2.65.2.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4b27a305
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00014a9c
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x510
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d5f4a3b558be71
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: G:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: G:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\s2logic.dll
Berichtskennung: a1b3e9c1-6ecb-4856-a683-588eee7aa9b1
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Fehlerbucket -1130959900, Typ 1
Ereignisname: APPCRASH
Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: sacred2.exe
P2: 2.65.2.0
P3: 4be45a9b
P4: s2logic.dll
P5: 2.65.2.0
P6: 4b27a305
P7: c0000005
P8: 00014a9c
P9:
P10:

Angefügte Dateien:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD1F4.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD2FE.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD30F.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD30D.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD31D.tmp.txt

Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_sacred2.exe_58c2dd1e29a4c8229b467364ff1bdd94ebc8e71_1acf0bd3_8c58db5f-2783-470c-bd1b-2f64c54f87db

EventData:

sacred2.exe

4be45a9b

s2logic.dll

4b27a305

c0000005

00014a9c

01d5f4a3b558be71

G:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe

G:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\s2logic.dll

a1b3e9c1-6ecb-4856-a683-588eee7aa9b1

Hmm... I couldn't go on with with singleplayer mode, because every time I relogged, the game crashed right away.

So I switched with the Dryad to multiplayer mode (free play).

On the multiplayer island I was able to to invoke the shaman dryad and run around with her and even teleport to Sloeford.

In town everything seemed fine, but when I left town and was attacked the shaman dryad seemed to ignore the enemies for some seconds, then I saw her starting to engage in combat and at that moment the game crashed again.

Some of her attack spells of skills or vfx seem to induce that.

Edited by jwiz

Tried 2 times in multiplayer mode and the bug seems consistant.

As soon as the shaman priestess registers any enemy (which can take several seconds) and starts the animation to cast a spell(?) at them, the game crashes.

P.S.:

no CA mods are enabled

• Thanks! 1
47 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

MagicEntry@MagicControlType@GetControlType function failure. There's something wrong with the 'spellcontroltype' entry for the CA, I'd guess.

I'll take a look. Didn't notice anything off when testing.

4 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I've decided to halve the 'awareness' radius of the melee portion of the 'Frenzied Rampage' attack types. They hit targets within 350.0 units in vanilla, that's unrealistic, should be 175.0

I support this change, for what it's worth.  So long as it doesn't trigger the "waltz" again where the character tries to follow a moving enemy 'round and 'round.

16 hours ago, Flix said:

So long as it doesn't trigger the "waltz" again where the character tries to follow a moving enemy 'round and 'round.

Working as expected.

Three more items: 

1. The Scything Sweep and the Ruthless Mutilation now attack up to six targets in ranged mode.

2. Fixed another shoddy calculation for Magic Staves. Ther max range is now 325.0 units for any attack type.

3. CA's upgraded to buffs, were inoperable on non-special mounts. The issue is now fixed.

• Like! 1

1. The Scything Sweep and the Ruthless Mutilation now attack up to six targets in ranged mode.

Is Darting Assault affected too?  I was trying it earlier with the "Rotate" mod and I believe I counted 5 projectiles.

2. Fixed another shoddy calculation for Magic Staves. Ther max range is now 325.0 units for any attack type.

Script or code change?   I only ask because I just checked typification.txt and noticed "CLF_MAGESTAFF", and "CLF_MAGESTAFF_R", were still set to a fightdistance of "40".  The 2h ones have 325.

BTW I ended up giving the High Elf's Fire Demon a version of Eternal Fire, to replace his Fireball that constantly crashes into the terrain.

On 3/7/2020 at 2:47 PM, jwiz said:

In town everything seemed fine, but when I left town and was attacked the shaman dryad seemed to ignore the enemies for some seconds, then I saw her starting to engage in combat and at that moment the game crashed again.

I've just spent about an hour running around with the Priestess of Torment, letting her kill things.  I saw her use all her spells and had no crashes.  I can only conclude there's just something wrong with the test files I released, that I've since corrected in my own 2.4 setup.  Final version should be fine.

On 3/7/2020 at 9:54 AM, jwiz said:

I'd rather suggest to replace it with a self-centered (CA-centered), charge-up skill that blasts poison nova damage outwards and pushes enemies away.

Ok, I've reworked Venomous Entrapment to be a poison nova skill.  I tested knockback, but found that I preferred a rooting effect instead (more of a "trap" effect).  Rooting debuff also restores a facet of Forest Flight.  I think this will make a good combo with Dust Devil.  Modifications will remain the same as they are all still very useful.

On 3/7/2020 at 9:54 AM, jwiz said:

for variety purposes I would also suggest not to use the bleeding chance mod (open_wound) on the Dryad's single and multi hit CA, but to replace it with either mortalstrike or deepwound on the single hit CA. 

Agreed, and done (Deep Wounds).  Will be in the Enhanced Spells version of Ravaged Impact only.

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Is Darting Assault affected too?

No, that one's projectile amount is controlled by the 'et_missile_count' / 1000 + 1.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

Script or code change?

A code change - Magic Staves are the only ranged weapon types who's range is hardcoded.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

replace his Fireball that constantly crashes into the terrain

Changing his projectile to FX_GEN_FIREBALL1 seems to do the trick as well.

36 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Changing his projectile to FX_GEN_FIREBALL1 seems to do the trick as well.

Didn't seem to help for me (in fact I had this FX set in EE the whole time).  Also tried adding target seeking and adjusting the model scale to make him "taller". No luck.  His casting animation just has him crouching too low.

Q4ZsYs2m.jpg

Dragon Mage's Familiar (Original Spells module only) now uses the "dragon pet" itemtype (10261).  I do not believe it was meant to be a clone of the dragon opponents.

l4HFkkmm.jpg   rVzWzcNm.jpg

Changed his creatureinfo entry to have ethereal un-summoning FX as well.

6 minutes ago, Flix said:

Didn't seem to help for me

Hmm, what spellclass is being used? I use the cSpellHeFeuerball.

8 minutes ago, Flix said:

Dragon Mage's Familiar (Original Spells module only) now uses the "dragon pet" itemtype (10261). 

Interesting. Though it looks like an emaciated fire-lizard now:lol:

10 hours ago, Flix said:

Final version should be fine.

I actually recorded a video on this, I'll try out 2.4 once it's released 

to see if shaman pet's aggro pattern gets fixed.

BTW, could we have a duel wield seraphim pet or one with a range

weapon? Just asking...

Some random thought:

Endijians set has a really cool helmet, I was wondering if we could 

use that armor set instead since the NPC seraphim is bald.

Genesis Set has a pretty cool one(helmet) too, maybe we could just keep

the helmet and dress her up with something else.

8 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, what spellclass is being used? I use the cSpellHeFeuerball.

Same.  I think the new behavior I've given him makes it more obvious (hireling_mage_no_defense is now the same as hireling_brave_ex).  Instead of tossing a fireball once every 30s or so, he tries, quite often, to launch them.  So you get a much bigger sample size in a given game session.  Probably 85% of the fireballs just hit the ground.

8 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Interesting. Though it looks like an emaciated fire-lizard now

I admit it's not the coolest design (for that I would recommend the Enhanced Spells Draconic Ally), but I really do think that was what was meant to be used.

2 hours ago, SANGEL said:

BTW, could we have a duel wield seraphim pet or one with a range

weapon? Just asking...

Some random thought:

Endijians set has a really cool helmet, I was wondering if we could 

use that armor set instead since the NPC seraphim is bald.

Genesis Set has a pretty cool one(helmet) too, maybe we could just keep

the helmet and dress her up with something else.

Eh... not really.  You may want to try out your own personal mods.

27 minutes ago, SANGEL said:

Sure....... nevermind,  just asking.....

Sorry, I don't mean to be dismissive, it's just I have the Sublime Guardian more or less where I want her.  The possibilities are endless with what kinds of combat arts, weapons, and armor I could equip her with.  I'd never be able to include them all or please everyone.  I'd genuinely encourage you to try to switch things around if you like.

Btw, some days ago I stumbled on a token in the Sacred2wiki called: 'et_blind_rage' (x+y*calvl)/10 chance for any monsters within range to attack any other monster. Must be paird with et_summon_mylevel token.)

I would have liked to try that on the Inquisitor's battle daemon, as it sounds fun but I cannot find any further references nor see it in spells.txt

Is this token invalid/unused or has it been replaced in the CM-Patch because it wasn't working?

32 minutes ago, jwiz said:

Btw, some days ago I stumbled on a token in the Sacred2wiki called: 'et_blind_rage' (x+y*calvl)/10 chance for any monsters within range to attack any other monster. Must be paird with et_summon_mylevel token.)

I would have liked to try that on the Inquisitor's battle daemon, as it sounds fun but I cannot find any further references nor see it in spells.txt

Is this token invalid/unused or has it been replaced in the CM-Patch because it wasn't working?

It's used for Kuan's Divine Gift.  "gott_krieg_kriegsrausch"

I also use it for the Necromancer's Confuse in D2F.

Be aware that none of the range tokens seem to affect it. It has a huge range, seems to hit everything on screen.

20 hours ago, Flix said:

I've just spent about an hour running around with the Priestess of Torment, letting her kill things.  I saw her use all her spells and had no crashes.  I can only conclude there's just something wrong with the test files I released, that I've since corrected in my own 2.4 setup.  Final version should be fine.

I did a few rounds with the Priestess today myself and all seemed to work now! Weird!

I hadn't changed anything to the dr_vo_verderbensfluch section, so I have no clue why the game crashed on the weekend when she started entering combat.

I have noticed though, that she obviously starts her engagements by casting a totem. 

Could there be a possibility that the casted totem in some rare cases ends up in 'illicit' map territory making the game crash?

Anyways, due to her noted sluggish and passive (several times she didn't even react when being attacked directly) behaviour, she is currently as useful as tits on a bull.

Edited by jwiz
5 hours ago, Flix said:

Be aware that none of the range tokens seem to affect it. It has a huge range, seems to hit everything on screen. 

Ahh, thanks.

Without range decrease that seems just a bit too much then for a 'mere' demon.