Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

1 hour ago, jwiz said:

As I dont know whic flag stands for which chat, I'd assume the above would mean not_Drayad and not_HighElf.

Correct.

1 hour ago, jwiz said:

usagebits don't work properly on the aove stated default magic armo

Great. These code deficiencies are like pimples. You nail one, another pops up.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Correct.

Great. These code deficiencies are like pimples. You nail one, another pops up.

:lol: ... I love the work you guys do... Just had to public lol..

that laugh just made my morning

:heart:

gogo

P.S.

What I was referrring to wasn't a a magic (blue) scalemail chest, it most certainly was a magic ringmail chest, as there are no magic scalemail chest in blueprints.txt.

Most probably it was this chest, which is shared by the Dryad and the Temple Guardian:

newBlueprint = {
  id = 2393,
  name = "hero_chest_ringmail_magic",
  palettebits = "1111111111111111",
  dmgvariation = 0,
  minconstraints = {2,5,0},
  lvljump = 1,
  usability = 0,
  allotment_pmfpi = {1000,0,0,0,0},
  uniquename = "",
  specialuseonly = 0,
  bonusgroup0 = {601,1000,1,9,0},
  bonusgroup1 = {600,1000,1,5,0},        <<< this for toughness
  bonusgroup2 = {599,1000,1,2,0},
  itemtypes = {10158,11295,},
  wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_DRYADIN','WEARGROUP_TEMPLEGUARDIAN',},
}
mgr.createBlueprint(2393, newBlueprint);

I dug up the link from the CM 160 bug reports:

Edited by jwiz

Different spell tokens doing the same thing or just textual variations?

What's the difference between the old -% chance for opponents to evade

chance_evade_old.thumb.jpg.1ed9eb15183aad1e2c7e6f51f5b347d8.jpg

and the new +% chance for opponents NOT to evade?

chance_evade_new.thumb.jpg.5da4f57296db4d34b75b88c97f0c9457.jpg

Uh, those aren't new, they're vanilla modifiers. They both do more or less the same, in the sense that they both increase your chance to hit a target enemy, but the second one (COCEA) has a much more prominent effect, hence its values being much lower in comparison. When playing with melee/ranged types of toons I usually do a mix of both, like +50%/+30-35% is quite good already, though if you get +50% on both you'll hardly miss a strike.

There are many older topics about the differences between both modifiers, I'm sure a quick search will reveal them.

20 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Uh, those aren't new, they're vanilla modifiers. They both do more or less the same, in the sense that they both increase your chance to hit a target enemy, but the second one (COCEA) has a much more prominent effect, hence its values being much lower in comparison. When playing with melee/ranged types of toons I usually do a mix of both, like +50%/+30-35% is quite good already, though if you get +50% on both you'll hardly miss a strike.

There are many older topics about the differences between both modifiers, I'm sure a quick search will reveal them.

Thanks to clarify.

Seems then that the 'new' +% chance has slipped my memory.

This there some logic as to when the TG Construct switches from a melee sword to a ranged pistol?

If so, then the logic is faulty.

As you can see in the below screenshot the Contruct also uses the pistol in close combat as melee weapon, in fact you can even see him thrust the pistol at enemies (hard to capture on stills).

Besides that, you can also hear the energy pistol being fired at times while the Construct attacks enemies with his sword.

(using 2.4EE test patch)

ranged_TG_Construct.jpg.9d74351e3488cb356e6e644bea595ab1.jpg

Edited by jwiz
2 hours ago, jwiz said:

This there some logic as to when the TG Construct switches from a melee sword to a ranged pistol?

If so, then the logic is faulty.

As you can see in the below screenshot the Contruct also uses the pistol in close combat as melee weapon, in fact you can even see him thrust the pistol at enemies (hard to capture on stills).

Besides that, you can also hear the energy pistol being fired at times while the Construct attacks enemies with his sword.

(using 2.4EE test patch)

He doesn't have a gun scripted at all anymore, just the sword.  Either I didn't upload the latest or it's not installed on your system. Either way it will be gone when 2.4 releases.

The sound you're hearing while he uses his sword is probably him using Dedicated Blow which has a similar sound.

Hmm..., maybe it shouldn't.

Seeing this made me think whether it would actullay be possible to leave the choice to the players, if he/she would like to have a ranged Construct or a melee Construct fighting at their side.

Would it be possible to make that (melee vs. ranged) the first bronze mod decision and then go from there?

That could perhaps throw some new ideas into the mix.

Edited by jwiz
2 hours ago, jwiz said:

Hmm..., maybe it shouldn't.

Seeing this made me think whether it would actullay be possible to leave the choice to the players, if he/she would like to have a ranged Construct or a melee Construct fighting at their side.

Would it be possible to make that (melee vs. ranged) the first bronze mod decision and then go from there?

That could perhaps throw some new ideas into the mix.

Cool idea.  It's possible, though the method to do so is very cumbersome and hacky. I have to make a completely new creature that's identical in every way except for the one weapon/attack that's different, then I tell the spell to summon that creature instead.  This is how the Sublime Guardian and many other minion "upgrades" work.

The problem in this case is that the behavior for the Construct and other summons is locked in as a brave melee attacker.   This is why you see him bash enemies with his gun at times. The behavior is determined by the spellclass so it would affect all versions of the Construct.

An alternative might be to make upgrades that give him different spells, or a different type of melee weapon.  I'm not too keen on the idea though, just because of the extra work for not much payoff.

On 3/24/2020 at 7:25 AM, jwiz said:

Seems then that the 'new' +% chance has slipped my memory.

It might be more helpful to think of it as a chance that you cannot miss.  The bonus name is "BONUS_SUREHIT".  It doesn't actually affect the enemy's evasion statistic, like "Opponent's Chance to Evade" does.  It's more like chance for a guaranteed ("sure") hit.  Generally I think of it as being the more powerful of the two, since you'll see your "chance to hit" in the Last Opponent windows skyrocket when using it.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

It doesn't actually affect the enemy's evasion statistic, like "Opponent's Chance to Evade" does

It's a bit more complicated. Each of the applicable boni take part in a formula, that determines the toHit chance. Thing is , that description strings call to pseudorandom generator at a different time ,then the attack itself. That's the true reason, why they call chances 'average' in descriptions.

9 hours ago, Flix said:

Cool idea.  It's possible, though the method to do so is very cumbersome and hacky. I have to make a completely new creature that's identical in every way except for the one weapon/attack that's different, then I tell the spell to summon that creature instead.  This is how the Sublime Guardian and many other minion "upgrades" work.

The problem in this case is that the behavior for the Construct and other summons is locked in as a brave melee attacker.   This is why you see him bash enemies with his gun at times. The behavior is determined by the spellclass so it would affect all versions of the Construct.

An alternative might be to make upgrades that give him different spells, or a different type of melee weapon.  I'm not too keen on the idea though, just because of the extra work for not much payoff.

Yes, I can see that this would take quite a lot of work.

I've been thinking about that a bit further yesterday and it dawned on me that something very similar has been done in the game already.

You might remember the quest near Sloeford in the starting area, where there's a wounded soldier lying in the road who gives you that quest to search some cave near the coast.

In that quest you get to choose an NPC follower either as melee or ranged (bow) char.

Maybe something can be gleaned from that.

If that required an addition dialog box to choose upon first instanciation of the TG Construct, that wouldn't to much of a hassle for the player, I think.

7 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

It's a bit more complicated. Each of the applicable boni take part in a formula, that determines the toHit chance. Thing is , that description strings call to pseudorandom generator at a different time ,then the attack itself. That's the true reason, why they call chances 'average' in descriptions.

Are they 2 different rolls then like evasion and dodge chance roll in Path of Exile (like a 20% to dodge on a 50% to evade = 60% chance overall) for instance, or are both chances just cumulative?

Edited by jwiz
2 hours ago, jwiz said:

Are they 2 different rolls then like evasion and dodge chance roll in Path of Exile (like a 20% to dodge on a 50% to evade = 60% chance overall) for instance, or are both chances just cumulative?

Chances are cumulative.

Hm ... I have just realised that my own mod could interfere with future EE changes. For instance I fixed the ranged mage AI behaviour long ago, but the recent 2.4 optimises AI behaviour, where my own changes could interfere and would make proper feedback next to impossible. Eg. my own mod is mostly changes and fixes based on the current EE version, If the main content changes, then my own mod would have to change too. Now individually fixing this is not a problem for me, the problem arises when I would want to distribute my own mod for other people, which might include out of date changes based on a EE version which has been fixed in the meantime ... hm ... how to solve this ?

I could make 2 mods, one called Enhanced Single Player, focusing on Enhancing the Single Player experience. And I could make another mod called EE Charons Changes, which would temporarily include the changes I make to the current version of EE.

---

@Flix I saw that you reduced the logicbox of "CLF_T_MONSTER_SMALL", additionally to "CLF_GIANT_BAT", in itemtype.txt. Good thing, I would have missed that. Can you elaborate a bit about it ?

---

Hm ... you reduced the modelsize of quite a few enemies.

Since we're talking about "followers' buff", I had a question about the EE sublime guardian.

I haven't talked about it in my cherub thread yet but, at first, I noticed that consuming runes did not made the damage go up significantly ... in fact it's very slow. Putting points in lore however ... yep that significantly boost up the damage.

However, it's yesterday that I realized something else, even more important from what I can tell: 

The base damage of the sublime guardian seems to based on your toon actual weapon. The displayed damage shows this but I still have to check up in game (and due to a lot of soldiers following me atm it's difficult to tell and test :P )

Still, it seems true.

Can you confirm the weapon of the character directly influence the base damage of the sublime guardian? It might be important for me to adapt my playstyle.

Thanks in advance :)

On 3/29/2020 at 7:13 AM, Charon117 said:

the problem arises when I would want to distribute my own mod for other people, which might include out of date changes based on a EE version which has been fixed in the meantime ... hm ... how to solve this ?

That's a definite risk especially considering that I'm continually developing the mod and you seem to base your changes on older versions.

On 3/29/2020 at 7:13 AM, Charon117 said:

I saw that you reduced the logicbox of "CLF_T_MONSTER_SMALL", additionally to "CLF_GIANT_BAT", in itemtype.txt. Good thing, I would have missed that. Can you elaborate a bit about it ?

I don't adjust the logicboxes based on classifications, I do it based on the base models used.  This has been ongoing since 2.1 at least.  This is a partial list:

• models/npc/monsters/dragon-small/v_dragon-small 
  • models/npc/monsters/giant-bat/v_riesenfledermaus
  • models/npc/monsters/riesenratte/v_riesenratte-v1
  • models/npc/monsters/ent-a/h_entA
  • models/npc/monsters/ent-b/h_entB
  • models/npc/monsters/drache-drachenform/v_drache@v1
6 minutes ago, Flix said:

hat's a definite risk especially considering that I'm continually developing the mod and you seem to base your changes on older versions.

Have you taken a look at this:
http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/24040-ee-24-test-charons-changes-msc/
?

That should solve it.

Also the 2.4 Test version doesnt include a SuperSpawn and Challenge option. Im unsure if this will pose a problem, but I will take a look.

5 hours ago, Dhamon said:

Will 2.4 be save game compatible? I'm considering starting a new game, but I don't know if I should rather wait for 2.4

It should be, yes.  Rare rings will have their bonuses re-rolled due to some changes, so be aware of that if you wish to continue a character.

4 hours ago, DaedalusDreamJournal said:

I haven't talked about it in my cherub thread yet but, at first, I noticed that consuming runes did not made the damage go up significantly ... in fact it's very slow. Putting points in lore however ... yep that significantly boost up the damage.

Here's the thing about summoned minions: they exist as separate, fully-fledged creatures.  They have their own full set of attributes (Strength, Vitality, etc.), skills (Armor Lore, Tactics Lore, etc), and creature bonuses (Chance for critical hits, Chance opponents cannot evade, etc.).  By reading a rune for Sublime Guardian, you are leveling her up by one level, the same as when your player character levels up.  All those aspects of the Guardian are slowly increasing with each rune read.   One level is not that dramatic of difference, but the difference between level 1 and level 200 is night and day, the same as with your character.  The damage increase from one level is not much, but each rune makes her stronger, faster, with a better hit chance, more damage resistant, etc.

Lore skills on the other hand apply directly to her damage bonus that's scripted in the spell entry.  It's more dramatic, but it's only doing one thing pretty much: boosting her physical weapon damage.

4 hours ago, DaedalusDreamJournal said:

Can you confirm the weapon of the character directly influence the base damage of the sublime guardian?

This is not the case.  See explanation above; the Guardian is almost entirely separate from any bonuses or attributes the Seraphim enjoys.

30 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

Is this how 2.3 + 2.4 is supposed to look like ?

If you mean the GUI change, yes it was introduced in 2.3.

Also the 2.4 Test version doesnt include a SuperSpawn and Challenge option. Im unsure if this will pose a problem, but I will take a look.

spawn.txt and balance.txt aren't changed in 2.4 so the 2.3 versions will serve.

4 hours ago, Charon117 said:

Also all my rings got rerolled. Im not starting exactly naked, but still :p.

Yes sorry about that.  That is a side-effect of adding new bonuses to jewelry.  In this case, the re-roll was triggered from adding Speed (Attack, Casting, Movement) and Armor bonuses to jewelry.

6 hours ago, Flix said:

Here's the thing about summoned minions: they exist as separate, fully-fledged creatures.  They have their own full set of attributes (Strength, Vitality, etc.), skills (Armor Lore, Tactics Lore, etc), and creature bonuses (Chance for critical hits, Chance opponents cannot evade, etc.).  By reading a rune for Sublime Guardian, you are leveling her up by one level, the same as when your player character levels up.  All those aspects of the Guardian are slowly increasing with each rune read.   One level is not that dramatic of difference, but the difference between level 1 and level 200 is night and day, the same as with your character.  The damage increase from one level is not much, but each rune makes her stronger, faster, with a better hit chance, more damage resistant, etc.

Lore skills on the other hand apply directly to her damage bonus that's scripted in the spell entry.  It's more dramatic, but it's only doing one thing pretty much: boosting her physical weapon damage.

This is not the case.  See explanation above; the Guardian is almost entirely separate from any bonuses or attributes the Seraphim enjoys.

Yes, I do believe you about runes consumed having the greatest effect on sublime guardian ... I did not realized this but I was already, somehow aware of this, just not consciously. Rereading my report post on my seraph here made me realize that. Mainly, it seems it affects her cooldown for casting "conversion" spell (can't remember the exact name dang!).

That being said, I still can't help but believe the weapon your main toon is holding is still having an effect. First, the numbers change drastically when I switch weapons (especially from a non-lightsaber one to a lightsaber). 

But even more important, and I'll talk about this in my seraph report next entry, the TYPE of damage from your main weapon also seems to affect the one from sublime guardian.

To tell you the truth, when I faced the flame lord recently for the first time (I forgot to do it in bronze and silver), I was completely unable to deal any sort of significant damage on account of none of my damage being "cold" damage at the time ... then I realized that not only BFG has this kind of damage ... but my sublime guardian as well!! And I had to combine the two to kill the flame lord.

That being said, it could be just a glitch in the display, I am more willing to believe as I already believe rune consumed is the main factor of the sublime guardian's power.

Still, I can't help but think your main weapon has an effect.

You know what? I am going to face the earth and poison lord soon and I'll try to test this with those two bosses. It should be seen really fast, since using the wrong damage channel with those should have the same effect than when I face the other two demon lords (as in not doing any damage at all ... or so little it really doesn't matter).

If I find something there, I'll inform you there.

Take care guys!! ;)

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Yes sorry about that.  That is a side-effect of adding new bonuses to jewelry.  In this case, the re-roll was triggered from adding Speed (Attack, Casting, Movement) and Armor bonuses to jewelry.

All my 26 jewelry slots I wear are useless now. Well let the hunt start anew. The mod I need most in quantity and quality at least is something I can buy at npcs.

Feedback so far: The diverse mods for jewelry really looks good in the game, instead of having to see endless Skill attributes you dont have skilled.
The Sakkara demon seems to have received an improvement, but it still lacks a lot of motivation to attack things. I tested it once amongs kobolds and undead in the starting region, and theconstant repathing to something he cant reach still makes him very sad. At least he moves faster now, whih makes him look like he could be usefull someoday.
Is it intended that the Netherworld pet buff gets deactivated everytime the pet dies ? Its pretty annoying, and since it is a buff, I assume it is unintended behaviour.
The improved speed scaling with difficulty hasnt had as much of an dramatic effect as I feared it would. It is a reasonable, nice addition to the mod.

Running on Challenge mode on Platin doesnt feel very challenging so far, especially not if you consider I am running around with 26 useless pieces of junk, but that could just be the starting region.

Edited by Charon117