Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

im going to play Sacred 2 for the first time with cm and ee these days/weeks to come and I just wanted to say that I read through everything and it sounds pretty neat. good job

19 minutes ago, lacr said:

Of course there are some questionable moments : like ogres flying after a weak CA, blacksmithing skill giving 60% evade for free, unappealing quests in terms of experience(even at niob it much easier now to simply kill several elites), new strict and dark UI  instead of original "book", TG, who lost ability to have fire and ice debuff at once(+cool volcano fx) and ufo flying...

But, frankly, they are minor in comparison to the fun I am getting now from the game!

Many thanks to you, Flix, you have made a great improvement to the game!

Wow thanks!  I can tweak some of those things for sure.  Weak Ogres, you say? Or do you mean the ragdoll physics when they die?

@Flix

Btw, reading about Gronkor in the patch notes.

Could  you reduce the new speed of  Gar Colossus somewhat, as he tends to go into 'glide mode' quite often in 2.3b, when you start to kite him.

Edited by jwiz
3 minutes ago, jwiz said:

Btw, reading about Gronkor in the patch notes.

Could  you reduce the new speed of  Gar Colossus somewhat, as he tends to go into glide mode quite often now, when you start to kite him.

It's not quite the same thing, but I do know the phenomenon you're talking about.  I'll change it back to vanilla.  :thumbsup:

Only a couple more days left til release so if there's any issues anyone's been dealing with, now's the time to speak up!  

• Like! 1

Thanks, sorry to have bothered you that late in development, but I totally forgot about that issue and it only came back after reading up about Gronkor in the patch notes.

1 hour ago, lacr said:

I was shocked when my SW, barely scratched by final bosses, was one-shoted with a TG's fire trap

I've already noticed that, even in vanilla. The Shadow Warrior seems very vulnerable to these traps!

On 3/31/2020 at 9:41 PM, Charon117 said:

The second thing is that 2.4 decreases performance, It feels like the game is constantly loading and deloading textures, an issue which is not present in 2.3.

so im concerned if is this still a thing with the latest release or if you need any help?

@Flix

41 minutes ago, Flix said:

Weak Ogres, you say? Or do you mean the ragdoll physics when they die?

I mean, that while this is funny to watch enemies flying, yet sometimes it's way too much. Somebody may like this not. This is why I have called it a questionable feature. Obviously, developers deemed that ragdoll is good only in limited amounts, so they have restricted this feature to the few CAs. imho, it would be ideally if they have implemented a force which is dependent on the proportion of the incoming damage to the  total health of a target:dntknw:

8 minutes ago, lacr said:

im very interested in this game since I now know about all these changes. the game never seemed very approachable to me for all these years but maybe I was wrong and just never gave it a chance. im a big s1 guy 

Edited by Guest
18 minutes ago, desm said:

I've already noticed that, even in vanilla. The Shadow Warrior seems very vulnerable to these traps!

Yet,  in vanilla final bosses caused more problems, if a character was able to cope with bosses, he/she has no problems with trash mobs. In EE I was forced to run away from 3 accompanying TGs, while boss was barely able to scratch SW. I, sadly, have no currently hi-level characters to test, But, say, my gold Seraphim(she has high evasion + life leech), after switching to EE, has started to die from icy ogres and bears. I dont remember any character dying at gold in vanilla - well, no more:D

39 minutes ago, zerisius said:

so im concerned if is this still a thing with the latest release or if you need any help?

@Flix

I've been playing 2.4 extensively for several weeks, I haven't noticed anything like this, with any character.  Nor has anyone trying the test version of 2.4 said anything like that.  I can only conclude there's something wrong with Charon's setup.

On 4/22/2020 at 5:05 AM, dimitrius154 said:

@Flix

Inquisitor-only bonus groups are present on "BGW_ranged_bow_normal, "BGW_ranged_bow_magic, "BGW_ranged_bow_rare

Guardian-only bonus groups are present on "BGW_magestaff_normal, "BGW_magestaff_magic, "BGW_magestaff_2h_normal, "BGW_magestaff_2h_magic, "BGW_pole_magic 

These contribute to the issue.

I'm just getting around to working through these - almost missed them.  Some thoughts:

"BGW_magestaff_2h_normal, "BGW_magestaff_2h_magic, -- I don't have these bonusgroups in my blueprint.txt file.  Did you by chance make new bonusgroups in your mod? TG can use 1h magic staves (at least in my mods) so it could just be that the bonuses got copied into the 2h group.

I'm seeing bonus 664, "XXXsb_off_dismount" in a lot of bonusgroups. I'm removing it from everything for now, but I thought you may want to look and see if a dismounting mechanic could be made functional.

29 minutes ago, zerisius said:

im a big s1 guy

Sorry, but I fear for the worst, then:lol:

gameplay-wise Sacred 2 is superior to S1. Yet, even in Sacred 2 gameplay is weaker than in many other good ARPGs, but EE mod, thanks to Flix, makes it closer:tongue2:

The difference between 2 pats is graphic style, design and atmosphere.

S1 siders, prefer classic fantasy heroes and gloom style of S1.

I am for myself missing gore and "realistic" houses/castles/armor from S1.

if you don't like art style of Sacred 2, you probably wont be able to approach this game, because...imho, main aces of Sacred 2 are atmosphere and world design - I can literally do nothing in this game and still enjoying it:tongue2:

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Did you by chance make new bonusgroups in your mod?

Hmm, could be, some early work.

3 hours ago, Flix said:

but I thought you may want to look and see if a dismounting mechanic could be made functional.

It can, but has a certain side effect - if you dismount an enemy, his mount does not die and becomes untargetable. Make mounts without riders targetable and your own mount becomes a target for hostiles.

So it kind of makes sense that the bonus is not active.

4 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Make mounts without riders targetable and your own mount becomes a target for hostiles.

So it kind of makes sense that the bonus is not active.

Hmm, I actually always wondered why my mount did not have a health pool and could be shot out from under me.

Would have made for some interesting gameplay, I think,  having to watch for your mount too, and not just a simply have passive stat penalty.

10 minutes ago, jwiz said:

Would have made for some interesting gameplay, I think,  having to watch for your mount too, and not just a simply have passive stat penalty.

Sacred 1 classic had this mechanics and it was a pain, so they came up with the shared health pool concept in Underworld. Your mount can and will permanently die, if you have around 5% health remaining, 

Edited by dimitrius154
29 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Make mounts without riders targetable and your own mount becomes a target for hostiles.

I think I'd actually be ok with this.  So long as the shared health pool would still be in effect when mounted - I.e., the mount would not get shot out from under you even though your own health is full. 

Though... it would be terrible for a mount left alone to just passively sit there and get killed by goblins.  Mounts have attack animations, if they could be made to fight back or run away when the player isn't mounted?  GGbDNBH.gif 

19 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Sacred 1 classic had this mechanics and it was a pain, so they came up with the shared health pool concept in Underworld. Your mount can and will permanently die, if you have around 5% health remaining, 

Oh yeah, right, I completely forgot that, such a long time ago since I played S1

29 minutes ago, Flix said:

Though... it would be terrible for a mount left alone to just passively sit there and get killed by goblins. 

Mounts have no standart creature boni(guess, they would get added to the rider), thus their health would be low. But the real problem would be the PvP(if we care about that, of course) - players with a good dismounting bonus have a sure way to quickly and permanently deny their opponents their mounts. 

Edited by dimitrius154
37 minutes ago, Flix said:

if they could be made to fight back

Like in skyrim  - leave a horse near bandit camp and go back to receive a bounty for bandit leader?:D

Btw, in Sacred 2 mounts are giving me a feeling of being a cheater - as soon as mount is dead - enemies are losing interest in fighting and move away from player character - giving time to heal, teleport, whatever - some sort of feign death ability:oooo:

7 minutes ago, lacr said:

Btw, in Sacred 2 mounts are giving me a feeling of being a cheater - as soon as mount is dead - enemies are losing interest in fighting and move away from player character - giving time to heal, teleport, whatever - some sort of feign death ability:oooo:

The function, that conditionally kills a mount is ensuring that 'respite' state. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense.

Much better solution then Diablo II corpse search, IMHO. 

Edited by dimitrius154
19 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

The function, that conditionally kills a mount is ensuring that 'respite' state. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense.

Much better solution then Diablo II corpse search, IMHO. 

But if you TP back, buy a new mount - you are practically invincible, only Area of Effect with periodical damage could kill a mounted hero:dntknw:

25 minutes ago, lacr said:

But if you TP back, buy a new mount - you are practically invincible, only Area of Effect with periodical damage could kill a mounted hero:dntknw:

That's why I've revised the prices - the trick would  only work so many times before the gold runs out.

Edited by dimitrius154
9 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

hat's why I've revised the prices - the trick would  only work so many times before the gold runs out.

a decent workaround, yet it nowhere near zeroed 99% survival bonus, or deleted save in HC, I personally would prefer a continued fight:dntknw: