Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

18 hours ago, jwiz said:

Seems that Damage Lore is not unlocking Magic Stave Lore on the Dryad.

I can't even begin to guess why that would be.  I think there was a similar report from Chattius's daughter when playing D2F but the issue somehow resolved itself, I never found out how.

3 hours ago, Flix said:

I can't even begin to guess why that would be.  I think there was a similar report from Chattius's daughter when playing D2F but the issue somehow resolved itself, I never found out how.

I think I have a hunch why this has happened to me.

I remember mistakenly starting to skill Ancient Magic Lore I/o Damage Lore and reverted that by means of the char editor.

This may have messed up things.

Edited by jwiz
4 hours ago, Zodiac-Mindwarp said:

So I'm playing the Enhanced Edition and it got me wondering if it is possible to use the Rotating Blades Of Light mod that Flix made for Sacred 2?

It wouldn't work, sorry.  They would need to be merged.

4 hours ago, jwiz said:

I remember mistakenly starting to skill Ancient Magic Lore I/o Damage Lore and reverted that by means of the char editor.

This may have messed up things.

Ah, that's very likely.

13 hours ago, Zodiac-Mindwarp said:

So I am still playing 2.3 at the moment.  What would I need to do to merge the 2 mods?

3 things.

1. You need the spell entry for "se_cm_bekehrung" from the RBoL mod copied over into EE's spells.txt.  Will replace either Instill Belief (CORE) or Sublime Guardian (Alt. Spells).
  2. The text for the spell RBoL, the rune name, the spell description, and the six modifications need to be copied over from RBoL's global.res into EE's global.res.
  3. The icons for RBoL need to be copied over (the "pak" folder from RBoL mod pasted into EE).

6 hours ago, Daedalus said:

All right, been playing a few hours in the new 2.4 version :)

All in all, I am more than pretty satisfied with the changes so far, keep up the good work!

Wonderful to hear some positive feedback, thanks.

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Flix said:

3 things.

1. You need the spell entry for "se_cm_bekehrung" from the RBoL mod copied over into EE's spells.txt.  Will replace either Instill Belief (CORE) or Sublime Guardian (Alt. Spells).
  2. The text for the spell RBoL, the rune name, the spell description, and the six modifications need to be copied over from RBoL's global.res into EE's global.res.
  3. The icons for RBoL need to be copied over (the "pak" folder from RBoL mod pasted into EE).

Wonderful to hear some positive feedback, thanks.

Honestly, it has been pretty nice so far. And the change to buff "pets" makes me want to do a build based around just that to be honest ;)

10 hours ago, Flix said:

3 things.

Thanks for the info Flix.  I can hopefully try this over the weekend.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:17 AM, Daedalus said:

onestly, it has been pretty nice so far. And the change to buff "pets" makes me want to do a build based around just that to be honest ;)

Yeah, a pity, though, that TG's, Dryad's and Seraphim's pets are somewhat dull. I mean that they all are a simple replica of the master hero, and, while I am looking at the battlefield, I sometimes feel myself drunk - in a state of the diplopia:D

In case of TG you will find yourself fighting hard over a mod choice, since Lost Fusion is filled with yummy CAs already.

Plus, a TG copy is casting Primal Mutation, which is already present in TG's arsenal, I, personally, would prefer the return of fiery ember CA due to its unique animation and possibility to have separate fire/ice debuff (positronic overload makes primal mutation very unappealing ):dntknw:

• Appreciation 1
26 minutes ago, lacr said:

I sometimes feel myself drunk - in a state of the diplopia:D

What a perfect word... 

Lol I had to look that one up... Mot juste!

:respect:

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Lol I had to look that one up...

Um...there is a synonym - "Doppelbilder" which... sounds suspiciously like "Doppelbock":D

• Haha 1

There is talk on the german Saced Legends Forum that while in HC mode the quest 'Ancaria Airlines' doesn't  spawn.

I started a new HC dryad to have a look and can confirm this.

In HC mode the quest giver is gone but when I switched the char back to SC mode he reappeared.

Is that behaviour intended?

P.S.:

there may be even some other quests that don't spawn in HC mode

Edited by jwiz
4 minutes ago, jwiz said:

there may be even some other quests that don't spawn in HC mode

Probably caused by the quest flag I changed to prevent the quest from appearing in multiplayer free mode (in other words to prevent it being repeatable).  Guess it had an unexpected consequence.

2 minutes ago, Flix said:

Probably caused by the quest flag I changed to prevent the quest from appearing in multiplayer free mode (in other words to prevent it being repeatable).  Guess it had an unexpected consequence.

Yeah, must be.

I remember you talking about flagging that one out in MP mode to avoid exploits.

7 hours ago, lacr said:

I mean that they all are a simple replica of the master hero

Well that was sort of the point. They are supposed to look like a comrade.  :almirena_01:

7 hours ago, lacr said:

Plus, a TG copy is casting Primal Mutation, which is already present in TG's arsenal, I, personally, would prefer the return of fiery ember CA due to its unique animation and possibility to have separate fire/ice debuff

Well, sadly that wouldn't work.  It would cancel out Icy Ember if both were cast at the same time.  Only one can be active at once.  That's why I combined the effects into one spell - it didn't feel like much was lost.

It kind of sounds like you'd be happier playing without the Alternate Spells - not sure of the appeal of the module for you because all it does is swap out those spells.  :dntknw:

I wouldn't go as far as to call Alt. Spells "deprecated" but I do consider it a sort of "legacy" inclusion.  The real spell changes  that I like to present and stand behind are all in the CORE. 

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, Flix said:

Well, sadly that wouldn't work.  It would cancel out Icy Ember if both were cast at the same time.  Only one can be active at once.  That's why I combined the effects into one spell - it didn't feel like much was lost.

Oh, no, I was about to say that I prefer to use either fire OR ice debuff depending on the situation and that it would be probably a good idea to remove mutation CA(which is cast by dupe) and leave fiery ember in place, may be even move dupe to another aspect as well, since LF is overflooded with useful and strong CAs. Propelled Levitation has a cool animation so increasing casting speed and adding debuff to it is also a good idea, but, my, I am being carried away:l_diver:

Edited by lacr
10 hours ago, Flix said:

kind of sounds like you'd be happier playing without the Alternate Spells

I am not sure about that:dntknw:

Luckily for me, TG is not my favored one!

And, like I said before, wisp and dragon are what should be be included in the game in a first place!

Minotaur and succubi are quite fun as well! As a bonus SW now can be a true summoner, which is very interesting approach...

Has not tested other new CAs, since they are in place of unused ones and require new characters, but they all sound very interesting and cool at first glance!

Sooo, I would not call it *"legacy" inclusion*, but fun and entertaining inclusion:JC_hurrah:

20 hours ago, jwiz said:

In HC mode the quest giver is gone but when I switched the char back to SC mode he reappeared.

Is that behaviour intended?

Yeah, it is intended! See:

you wanna be a badass? - play evil campaign - receive no bonuses for "feed the poor"

you wanna be a hardcore badass? - play HC evil campaign - receive no bonuses at all!

:lol:

Maybe, these quests should be eliminated from EE completely and irreversibly!:cow:

Edited by lacr
1 hour ago, lacr said:

you wanna be a badass? - play evil campaign - receive no bonuses for "feed the poor"

Yeah but Shadow characters can get the bonuses from murdering people in the arena quest "Panem et Circensis" that Light path characters can't.

44 minutes ago, Flix said:

Yeah but Shadow characters can get the bonuses from murdering people in the arena quest "Panem et Circensis" that Light path characters can't.

gruesome!

but so in character for someone going the way of the dark path...very brilliant twist

:starwars:

gogo

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Flix said:

Ahh, this is an addition of the EE 2.4, which I have omitted:dntknw:

Well, imho, not as good as total removal of the stat bonuses from rewards, yet, at the least, dark jedi wont feel himself gimped anymore:agreed:

48 minutes ago, GermanyRecon said:

Im trying TG at the moment and my Buff buddy is nearly doing nothing, Someone having the same problem?

Hi! Maybe yours is avoiding COVID and keeping a recommended distance?:wow:

My dupe is very aggressive with his blade and quite often is casting mutation:dntknw:

Edited by lacr
4 minutes ago, lacr said:

Hi! Maybe yours is avoiding COVID and keeping a recommended distance?:wow:

My dupe is very aggressive with his blade and quite often is casting mutation:dntknw:

Come on, Viperish Disease was nerved a lot. No longer need to stay 2 screens away ;)