Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

1 hour ago, GermanyRecon said:

Can you provide a savegame? I can try it and say is it a savegame problem or gamebuild problem:dntknw:

Or simply try a new character...

Edited by lacr

hi there I just joined the forum to ask some questions since I want to get into Sacred 2 again.

is the alternate spells module recommended for a new playthrough? since I read its considered "deprecated or legacy" by its creator @Flix earlier in this thread. 

58 minutes ago, syrobonk said:

hi there I just joined the forum to ask some questions since I want to get into Sacred 2 again.

is the alternate spells module recommended for a new playthrough? since I read its considered "deprecated or legacy" by its creator @Flix earlier in this thread. 

It's not deprecated in the sense that it's out of date or buggy.  I've kept it updated along with the rest of the mod, and it should be perfectly fine to play with new characters.

It's more a philosophical change of heart I've had with it. I guess I should be more careful with my words.  It would be easier for me as a modder to just have one core version, but the Alternate Spells are how it all began in the first place. I feel kind of stuck with them.

• Like! 1
On 5/14/2020 at 7:23 PM, jwiz said:

There is talk on the german Saced Legends Forum that while in HC mode the quest 'Ancaria Airlines' doesn't  spawn.

I started a new HC dryad to have a look and can confirm this.

In HC mode the quest giver is gone but when I switched the char back to SC mode he reappeared.

Is that behaviour intended?

P.S.:

there may be even some other quests that don't spawn in HC mode

The Needy Water Elememtal Quest is also messed up.

This one now spawns in HC mode, but does not spawn in SC mode

P.S.:

have you made this quest light/shadow campaign related perchance?

My HC Dryade is on the light camapign, while my SC Dryade does the shadow campaign.

HC (single player):

Needy_Water_Elemental_HC.jpg.5455321e891ce338b3fabb3b842ad0a8.jpg

SC (single player):

Needy_Water_Elemental_SC.thumb.jpg.c7a825c21bce12212a6b46587acd794c.jpg

Edited by jwiz
20 minutes ago, jwiz said:

The Needy Water Elememtal Quest is also messed up.

This one now spawns in HC mode, but does not spawn in SC mode

P.S.:

have you made this quest light/shadow campaign related perchance?

I didn't change it. It's always been a Light Path exclusive quest. 

2 hours ago, jwiz said:

Ok, thanks.

That explains it then.

Not a problem.  Kind of makes me wonder if this wasn't a factor in some of the previously reported quests not being available.  Will try to dig a little deeper.

3 hours ago, jwiz said:

Btw, are we going to see Dimitriy's fix to the overpowered %LL mechanics in S2EE or CMP anytime?

Not until after he releases it, and only if we're able to work together to produce files that can contain both his fixes and D2F specific requirements.  That all depends on the release time frame of the Addendum and how well we work together.

2 minutes ago, Flix said:

Not until after he releases it, and only if we're able to work together to produce files that can contain both his fixes and D2F specific requirements.  That all depends on the release time frame of the Addendum and how well we work together.

Ok, thanks to share.

I was thinking about that the other day and how %LL from the remaining health pool might conflict with weaken and tokens like deep wounds or mortalstrike that temporarily reduce the health pool too.

Will be interesting to see how that plays out then.

A small question:

What are the lightning lord weaknesses? it seems that no attack that I have seems to work against him (on top of me having a good deal of ancient magic ... at mastery! though I believe one of the change to EE was to give enough damage mitigation to reinforce that you need to use a specific attack ... I am just no sure which one I should use here).

Also, what are the attacks he is using? it seems he has damage over time magic ... but it is SOOO devastating. A single casting is enough to blast the overwhelming majority of my divine shield ... combined with his resistance, I'll fully admit it is the first time I am at a loss on how to defeat a monster :O (I'll try something with poison ... but my access to this type of damage is REALLY limited).

Just now, Daedalus said:

What are the lightning lord weaknesses? it seems that no attack that I have seems to work against him (on top of me having a good deal of ancient magic ... at mastery! though I believe one of the change to EE was to give enough damage mitigation to reinforce that you need to use a specific attack ... I am just no sure which one I should use here).

Poison damage is his weakness.  All his attacks do magic/magic DOT with some slight physical damage.

• Appreciation 1

thanks flix !! I wasn't sure what was happening but, yeah, poison damage seems likely ... of course it is the only type I can't really access easily or use well at all at that but I'll find something :P

A Seraphim.

Fire, Ice, and Physical will also work against him, just not as well as Poison (that is his true sensitivity).  Magic damage will be all but useless.

• Like! 1

NOTE: I might want to copy and paste this comment later on in my reports for my toons (feel free to delete or move if you feel it's better). it's been a while since I've done them :)

Yep seraphim :)

I am about to try this again. For some strange reason doing this before the fight, I'll think that as a sign of good luck :P

I am amping up the defense a lot more though, and I am also going to add the sopor aethernis armor, the one that reduce damage over time because the magic attack that this dude has is quickling ticking away my magic/divine shield :B6nFRAh:

This is also where a weakness of my toon shows up, apart from magic and fire damage (from archangel's wrath), I am lacking in damage type variance ... heck I might even have to pop the BFG for this one ... which I usually never do :P. The only time I did it was my first encounter with the fire lord and even then, after that and ancient magic mastery, it was the only time I actually did :)

Also cranking up the bass for this one to psyche me up -> 

• Like! 1

How about some damage conversion gloves? That'd cover enough ground for you to kill anything. I'm not sure if you can get those without Bargaining though... Sorry, I wanted to be able to help more.

so I finally started my game today and so far I had fun even though I didnt play much yet. man this game is so beautiful!

rlR3H7w.jpg

Edited by Guest

@FlixThere's a string called "Resurrection Blade" within global.res. Supposedly, it's a taskitem name for a certain quest item in the SW chain quest. Do you recall the taskitem ID? I don't seem to find any with such a name it the SW quests.

12 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

@FlixThere's a string called "Resurrection Blade" within global.res. Supposedly, it's a taskitem name for a certain quest item in the SW chain quest. Do you recall the taskitem ID? I don't seem to find any with such a name it the SW quests.

We discussed in your thread a while back.  I noted that in vanilla the quest item erroneously appears as a Magic Pearl, despite being referred to in dialogue and log entries as a sword (this sword is the result of combining the three resurrection artifacts on Seraphim Island).

To paraphrase you, you said the sword idea was dumb and decided to retain the item's identity as a magic pearl instead.

• Like! 1
41 minutes ago, Flix said:

We discussed in your thread a while back. 

That's correct. It's that a timely Windows update restarted my PC before I saved the notes back then.

The "Past Mistakes" step.

Taskitem 1004.

Edited by dimitrius154