Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

The lineup of spells is identical as before.

Damage values for each of the 4 spells is cut in half in spells.txt.  The healing property on Charged Bolt was simply deleted.

I will have to get more creative in D2F.  If I do the same there, several other super uniques and bosses will be notably weakened.  There had never been any complaints with difficulty for Rakanishu, Stormtree, Mephisto, etc.

So I will probably have to just reduce the Lightning Lord's Intelligence stat by a large degree.

Oh, I get it. Same spell different superuniques. Yeah, apart from Mephisto which in Hell could become a quasi-insta healer I believe you're correct. I'd recommend making a few test runs against v14 Mephisto at level 200 for instance, to see how much it bites. :)

Flix, this installment is so heartwarming.  However are you ever able to recognize hawks, parrots and capuchin monkeys!

Are you an avid outdoorsman?  Its this background "life" that you've brought back into the game thats greatly increased its immersion.

:)

gogo

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Flix, this installment is so heartwarming.  However are you ever able to recognize hawks, parrots and capuchin monkeys!

Are you an avid outdoorsman?  Its this background "life" that you've brought back into the game thats greatly increased its immersion.

It is nice looking at all the friendly creatures.  Sure, I recognized them.  I did have all the German file names to go by of course, but I know my wildlife well enough.  :cow::ike::bob:

• Appreciation 1
On 9/28/2020 at 12:32 AM, Flix said:

While working on the portrait project, I noticed a several neutral "atmospheric" animals that were designed by Ascaron yet not present in the game.  I've been adding them to the game world. I think this gives the various regions more life and vibrancy.

To start with there are some various snakes.  Green are in swampy marshy areas, red are in the jungle, and brown are in the desert.

How the heck do you discover those in the code after all these time...? That will make the beatifull world of Sacred 2 even more lively!
Will that be in another S2EE?

• Haha 1
On 9/30/2020 at 9:35 PM, Flix said:

Yes indeed. These creatures will be in the next release of S2EE which I am preparing now.  :schot:

P.S.

would you consider to add

entry5 = {"et_missile_count", 200, 0, 1, 8 },   

to the first bronze mod (% chance for double melee hit) of Pelting Strikes, to make this mod usabla for a Bow Seraphin too?

4 hours ago, jwiz said:

P.S.

to the first bronze mod (% chance for double melee hit) of Pelting Strikes, to make this mod usabla for a Bow Seraphin too?

Sure, I'll test it and see the results.  The spellclass must support that token though, otherwise nothing will happen.

Any other feedback for the upcoming v3.0, now's a good time.  It will probably be several more weeks before I can adapt Addendum's changes to suit the mod so there's plenty of time.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

Sure, I'll test it and see the results.  The spellclass must support that token though, otherwise nothing will happen.

Any other feedback for the upcoming v3.0, now's a good time.  It will probably be several more weeks before I can adapt Addendum's changes to suit the mod so there's plenty of time.

I've been testing this with values 1000, 0, 1, 8 and upon close look it seems that two "streams" of projectiles are going out and I've also seen the projectile jump to another NPC when the first target was done, pretty much like the double shot of the dryad does.

When the double shot hits it really shreds, a bit akin to the Barrage skill in Path of Exile.

Edited by jwiz
  • Like! 1

I've been working on spell FX this week.  I have a much better understanding of how to alter spell FX now than I did in the old days.  Some have bugged me for a long time, other changes were inspired by Dmitriy's mod.  The idea is keeping a consistent color scheme across each character's aspects.

Inquisitor

Purifying Chastisement - The color scheme of Gruesome Inquisition is (generally) red, like most of the "first" aspects for each character, but this buff previously had a blue color scheme. Now the casting and persistent FX are red instead.

rRmmPf7m.jpg

Reverse Polarity - Astute Supremacy is the violet aspect. Previously the buff was bright green, which in Sacred 2 is the color of poison or the astral summons.  This buff is neither, so its FX are now violet.

Ovmi1Vxm.jpg

Inexorable Subjugation - Nefarious Netherworld is the blue aspect.  Previously this CA had bright orange FX, which brought to mind life leech, or fire.  This CA does magic damage and enslaves spirits, so the ghostly blue is more appropriate.

YUVuHkWm.jpg

Shadow Warrior

Belligerent Vault - This CA is getting more than just an FX change. I decided to change this CA to become weapon-based rather than spell damage.  This means that although you will no longer benefit from Ancient Magic or Combat Art Range +%, now all your weapon effects like life leech will carry over into the hit.  It will still do "splash" damage to enemies around the target, so it still has a (smaller) area of effect.  I think this is balanced by the potential to do much greater damage to a smaller group or a single target.  You must target an opponent to use it normally, but you may still use CTRL+Click to target the terrain and use the Vault for exploration purposes.  The animations and modifications remain the same as before.

OY94cRGm.jpg   eFyFpqym.jpg

Augmenting Guidon - Yellow is the color of the Malevolent Champion aspect, yet previously this CA had a bright pink glow.  Now the FX matches the rest of the aspect's CA's.  The flag also carries the Shadow Warrior's sigil rather than a generic sun.

s8GXhAYm.jpg   aesctfQm.jpg

Skeletal Fortification - The theme of the Astral Lord aspect seems to be green, with the Spectral Hand and the spectral soldiers from Nether Allegience sporting a ghostly green glow.  But the Skeletal Fortification was previously a drab pile of bones with a red glowing border.  Now it has taken on a the same otherworldly green glow as its sister CA's.

2nlBYMum.jpg   2GDSxBBm.jpg

Rallied Souls  - With the same rationale as above, the previously yellow summoning FX and pentagram are now green.

e0lMGDXm.jpg

I will have more updates for the other characters soon.

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, Flix said:

I've been working on spell FX this week.  I have a much better understanding of how to alter spell FX now than I did in the old days.  Some have bugged me for a long time, other changes were inspired by Dmitriy's mod.  The idea is keeping a consistent color scheme across each character's aspects.

That's an awesome idea. I'm a fan <3

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Inexorable Subjugation - Nefarious Netherworld is the blue aspect.  Previously this CA had bright orange FX, which brought to mind life leech, or fire.  This CA does magic damage and enslaves spirits, so the ghostly blue is more appropriate.

Hmm hard to judge. On the one hand, the souls, the minions and the glowing orb of the buff are blue, on the other hand the Saraki set is green as well as the other underworld aspect Shadow Warriors Astral Lord and the inquisitor already has a kinda blue-ish Aspect with Astute Supremacy. If you choose blue, then can you probably make the Saraki set blue as well?

Edited by Lindor
a typo
On 10/5/2020 at 3:51 AM, Flix said:

Since you're asking, I'd have a proposal as to Smithing but I'm not entirely sure if it's possiblw to do in the game:

I'd like to see it restored to the former/higher values but you can't unforged(remove) items unless you have skilled Smithing.

P.S.:

if you feel like you've got too much time on your hands, I'd also propose a buff to the Nature Magic aspect of the Drayad.

Remove  Goldengelade Touch and create a Walking Tree companion (a smaller ones similar to the Xmas trees) with high phys dmg / stun / slow chance and maybe a heal as well as replacement for the removed Godenglade Touch.

It should be 'buffable' too, I think.

Just my 2 cents ...

Edited by jwiz

@Flix my favorites are the runes of protection and the new  silver armor adds a lush level of ferocity.. I like the idea that the creature himself is of vanity and wants to impress? great add  slowly drinking in all the work this morning...  what an enjoyable coffee!!

:dance2:

gogo

• Thanks! 1
On 10/4/2020 at 4:21 PM, jwiz said:

This works pretty well.  I was able to add it to Pelting Strikes and also TG's Battle Extension.  I think it would work for SW's Frenized Rampage but that CA already has so many projectiles, especially with magic staves.

I think 200 is a good value.   Something like {"et_missile_count", 200, 10, 1, 8 },  might allow the number of missiles to slowly scale as the CA levels up.   

5 hours ago, Flix said:

This works pretty well.  I was able to add it to Pelting Strikes and also TG's Battle Extension.  I think it would work for SW's Frenized Rampage but that CA already has so many projectiles, especially with magic staves.

I think 200 is a good value.   Something like {"et_missile_count", 200, 10, 1, 8 },  might allow the number of missiles to slowly scale as the CA levels up.   

I've currently tinkered with Pelting Strikes a bit further:

To make the mods of this CA more consistent and meaningful in choice, at least in my opinion, I've put the chance for critical hits onto the silver mod and opposed it with a likewise chance for sure hits.

The debuff of enemy phys armor I've put onto the gold mod and opposed that with the debuff of enemy defense values (EVW).

For this, the cooldown regen of the spell had to go, as I always felt that the cooldown regen on any attack skill is rather a placeholder.

I'd rather change the cooldown regen on the Battle Stance, so that if you skilled BS as a buff, it would regen the cooldown of all Exalted Warrior aspects and not only BS.

I have been thinking about an actual cooldown regen for literally all hero CAs, as this would synergise nicely with its 'Idol' mod, but that's prob rather impossible to balance, I guess.

11 hours ago, jwiz said:

Sublime.thumb.jpg.0d45aead3009826938e8d423ebb09055.jpg

Quite a sublime guardian. this.

She somehow undressed after the Gar Colossus.

Must have gotten a little hot.

This bug beats a floating horse any day!

:lol:

gogo