Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

22 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Freedom...has a great, spirited roll-off-the-tongue!

:gogo:

gogo

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose...    :P

Edited by jwiz
  • Haha 1

Btw, I've been doing the Legendary Pirate Treasure quest in the hidden pirate cove on the Gold Coast lately and it has bugged me once again, that this quest doesn't drop a legendary item.

Perhaps you could rework this quest to drop one, maybe be putting a mini boss fight there (preferably with a souped up giant rat guarding it).

4 hours ago, jwiz said:

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose...    :P

lol my parents would accuse me too much of that :4rofl: 

Jwiz... that avatar is awesome! from Wizard of OZ? Is that Margaret?

:spider:

gogo

6 hours ago, jwiz said:

It's from the Wicked Witch of the West musical.

I love that musical. I bought tickets for the one this year... but it got postponed to next year. I don't mind much. I have 5 hours by train just to get there... but it's my absolute favourtie. :D

• Appreciation 1
9 hours ago, jwiz said:

Btw, I've been doing the Legendary Pirate Treasure quest in the hidden pirate cove on the Gold Coast lately and it has bugged me once again, that this quest doesn't drop a legendary item.

Perhaps you could rework this quest to drop one, maybe be putting a mini boss fight there (preferably with a souped up giant rat guarding it).

It's supposed to be the treasure itself that's Legendary.  If it's going to be an item, it's gotta be a specific one.  What should it be?

10 hours ago, Flix said:

It's supposed to be the treasure itself that's Legendary.  If it's going to be an item, it's gotta be a specific one.  What should it be?

Is it possible to drop legendaries directly from a chest as a quest reward?

Thought that would work only from NPCs.

Nevertheless, the 'Widow Maker' would seem appropriate for a pirate treasure chest, but that's for the SW only.

So I'd suggest either  '(Jolly) Roger's Raving Razor' or the 'Impenetrable Protector' for more general use.

If they don't drop from another quest line already, that is.

Edited by jwiz
5 hours ago, jwiz said:

Is it possible to drop legendaries directly from a chest as a quest reward?

Thought that would work only from NPCs.

Nevertheless, the 'Widow Maker' would seem appropriate for a pirate treasure chest, but that's for the SW only.

So I'd suggest either  '(Jolly) Roger's Raving Razor' or the 'Impenetrable Protector' for more general use.

If they don't drop from another quest line already, that is.

Well actually quest rewards just pop out of thin air whenever the quest is marked complete.  So neither enemies nor chests actually drop the reward.  They basically appear at the player's feet after the final quest stage, whether it's killing an enemy, talking to an NPC, or even just walking into a certain area.

I'm not really sold on handing out a Legendary without defeating a serious boss or completing some really long chain.  The Pirate Treasure is just walking through two short dungeon levels and opening a chest.  I think I'll add some random rare drops of various kinds.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Well actually quest rewards just pop out of thin air whenever the quest is marked complete.  So neither enemies nor chests actually drop the reward.  They basically appear at the player's feet after the final quest stage, whether it's killing an enemy, talking to an NPC, or even just walking into a certain area.

I'm not really sold on handing out a Legendary without defeating a serious boss or completing some really long chain.  The Pirate Treasure is just walking through two short dungeon levels and opening a chest.  I think I'll add some random rare drops of various kinds.

Understandable, but it's really painful to see how the chests deal out only trash items.

Very smart ideas for the shields...these were great consumption for me alongside my coffee before work this morning...the ouroboros manifestation is my favorite (well that and the forcefield shield.. always been a sucker for those in Sacred) ..brilliant tying -n a racing glow of the t-energy with it trying to get its tail!

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1

Those weapons look epic! Besides the random red one... looks so rusty it might break while hitting. xD
Don't worry about the Widowmaker... it definitly looks sinister. o_o
I can't believe the level of details which Sacred 2 can bring up. The little skeletons on the shield are awesome. (I ♥ skeletons...)

A little question... is the Lord of Thunder (Lighting), north in the swamp region, somehow buggy? Mostly I miss him since I go down straight south after porting there. But today I was strolling along in the vast world of Sacred 2 and found him. The Lord of Ice was no problem, due to 13k hp and 600 HP/sec reg its icy aura didn't do much. Lord of fire... well, the Carnach delivered more fire damage. But this Lord of Lightning did a 10k critical hit against my Shadow Warrior. I hammered space but a second crit came almost right afterwards. 13k hp, 1570 magic resistance, spellresistance 771 in the inventory menu and Level 82 (mastery) as skill. How the hell did this thing do such a massive damage output? :o

Edited by Roderick
  • Like! 1
14 hours ago, Roderick said:

Besides the random red one... looks so rusty it might break while hitting

The picture does not do it justice.  The axe has FX that looks like red clouds swirling around in the metal.

14 hours ago, Roderick said:

A little question... is the Lord of Thunder (Lighting), north in the swamp region, somehow buggy?

Not buggy, just does too much damage.  Will be reduced (approximately half damage) in the upcoming release.

• Like! 1
7 hours ago, Flix said:

The picture does not do it justice.  The axe has FX that looks like red clouds swirling around in the metal.

Not buggy, just does too much damage.  Will be reduced (approximately half damage) in the upcoming release.

Am I the only one who was geeked by this guy? xD Or am I the only one strolling around in Ancaria trying NOT to die? x'D (Or did I miss the hint here on Dark Matters? ^^')

6 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Yes, blood vapors actually, mixed with poison. The Addendum version is a Unique replacement called "Dark Lictor".

Thanks you two, looking forward to it! :D

Edited by Roderick
  • Appreciation 1
4 hours ago, Roderick said:

Am I the only one who was geeked by this guy?

Nah, you're just late to the party that's all. :D

We've discussed it extensively in the D2F topics, insane damage and auto-heal just make him impossible at higher levels. But Flix always said from then that he had to nerf it in the following version, which is this. Then the balancing should be transposed to a new D2F version. It's his usual cycle.

56 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Nah, you're just late to the party that's all. :D

We've discussed it extensively in the D2F topics, insane damage and auto-heal just make him impossible at higher levels. But Flix always said from then that he had to nerf it in the following version, which is this. Then the balancing should be transposed to a new D2F version. It's his usual cycle.

At least I showed up to the party! xD
Sorry, Diablo Mod never interested me, that's why I don't look there. Actually I just lurk in here from time to time to see how it is going with the S2EE. ^^'
Thanks for the answer!

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Widowmaker is beautiful... really makes a noise?

Oh yes indeed.  In fact several of these new uniques and legendaries now make a special sound upon equipping.  Widowmaker whispers ominously for a few seconds.  

17 hours ago, Roderick said:

Am I the only one who was geeked by this guy?

Based on feedback, everyone who has encountered him has experienced a vivid and memorable annihilation.  :schot:

• Like! 1