Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

Unique Shortswords, Katanas, and Daggers in 3.0

Ancrid's Blade, Salamander's Wrath, Silithar's Blade, Kuan's Pride

uxLoi0T.jpg  bEUW80r.jpg  RJXfhqo.jpg  Ax4BGGV.jpg

Ceremonial Might, Random Rare Crystal Shortsword

rkJ1Rbn.jpg  W8XaCRd.jpg

Crimson Vengeance, Deathblade, Lord Wayne's PlayerKiller, Quetzal's First Strike

dZHMADH.jpg  bsNIJvy.jpg  fd37aQm.jpg  voEinis.jpg

Random Rare Katana - you may also see some Temple Guardian NPC's wielding this T-Energy infused blade

d4sjHP3.jpg

St. Coralie's Mercy, St. Libertine's Blessing, Instrument of the Assassin, Dagger of the Assassins - these last two legendary daggers I will make into a set and also probably change their lackluster names.

j642i8v.jpg  4OmeLIV.jpg  ZT38JX9.jpg  J5CU4RY.jpg

Blade of Mages, Ileias' Dirk, Cheops' Eye - In vanilla Cheops' Eye had a neat metal eye on the hilt; in Ice and Blood Ascaron changed the weapon into a crystal dagger.  Here Dmitriy split the difference and gave us a crystal dagger with an eye on the hilt. Thanks to the FX the eye's gaze also appears to move around.

NMheGZC.jpg  HxvwjtS.jpg  gUwcXcv.jpg

Random Normal, Magic, and Rare Daggers - This is a mix of models that fill out the random selection. The bottom 4 were uniques from D2F.

yfIzH37.jpg  jotS8lr.jpg  MJMNvqe.jpg  g0O6LUs.jpg

AM3Afxa.jpg  3LNW9BL.jpg  yTKw21U.jpg  ZxKpD4s.jpg

• Like! 1

@Flix Do you know how the bonuses to individual skills have been upped a lot to put less emphasis on +All Skills? I was wondering if that has been revised in all items. It's weird to get two unique rings, one with +19/+30 to two separate skills and the other with "only" +5 all CA skills, you know?! Even blue items can sometimes have better individual bonuses than uniques do in some cases.

24 minutes ago, Flix said:

What value are you suggesting the bonuses wind up at?

Not really sure if they should be changed, hence my question. But compare a Grunwald's Token of Madness with a Tyho's Band in terms of their bonuses. I've had both drop in Platinum difficulty above level 100 and the difference in the bonuses is quite big. That's why I made the previous question. 

Let me know what you think of that.

Alright.  So is the issue that single-skill bonuses are too high compared to skill-group bonuses? 

Or is that sometimes single-skill bonuses are high, sometimes they are low? 

Or both?

5 hours ago, Flix said:

Alright.  So is the issue that single-skill bonuses are too high compared to skill-group bonuses? 

I think that in comparison this is the major offender. Take the example I gave, two uniques with one giving major bonuses to single-skills, whereas the next is giving a regular bonus to a skill-group. If you were comparing items with a different rarity then it'd make sense, but given that those are items with the same rarity it makes them feel from different tiers. I'm guessing that sets with +All Skills bonuses will suffer from the same issue. I think that a rebalance between the upper and lower limits is probably in order. The lower tier (skill-group) shouldn't be raised too much as much as the higher tier (single-skill) shouldn't be dropped too much, but I think that an approximation of both upper and lower limits is in order. Otherwise even blue items can compete with set items for instance.

Sorry if I can't explain this any better mate.

14 hours ago, Androdion said:

I think that in comparison this is the major offender.

Ok, I follow you, and I think I've found the "sweet spot" by readjusting the values.  Single skills will now be double the skill group value, and triple the All Skills value.  This is much lower than current 2.4 where single skills could grow to be more than 5x the All Skills value.

So for example, on items of the same level you will now see:

• All Skills + 6
  • Skill Group + 9
  • Single Skill + 18

Just for reference, the vanilla values would have been 6, 6, and 10. Skill groups were identical to All Skills, and single skills were not even double the value of All Skills.

• Like! 1

HEy people, hi Flix:),

I have a bug report and two suggestions regarding the ogre knuckle:

When I first read about your idea it immediately made me wanna test it, so I force-dropped both the unique and rare ogre knuckle via modding the inquisitor starting drop quest reward.

First the bug report:

If I read the gamefiles correctly the rare one should have Opponent's Armor Physical and Open Wounds and indeed it was all fine, but the unique one should have Serious Open Wounds and Physical Damage % (Multiplication, not Conversion), now this didn't work, the item only had one modifier on it, namely the physical damage %. Since it might have been a simple display error and the bonus might have been there but just not showing, I tested that further by socketing the item into a dagger and equipping, no appearence of the serious open wounds modifier under the sigma sign. Keep in mind that I only tried it with level 1 items yet.

Now my first suggestion:

Judging by your description I thought they would give %physical damage conversion, seems like I was wrong, the items are just forgable into the damage conversion slot (which, don't get me wrong, is still awesome). Can you probably give these items a % to physical damage conversion modifier? I don't know how possible that is though since you'd need to create this as a new modifier first. (I'm more into modding CAs, modding items is a whole new field for me), but being able to customize elemental weapons into physical would be so cool :)

My second suggestion does more fit the current theme of this thread:

can you give weapons that have one of the ogre knuckles socketed new fx similarly to what the other damage converters do to weapons? Maybe something white-ish?

Spoiler

msgPkIp.jpg

or something completely different, sometimes it's fun to be surprised:)

All good ideas. 

28 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Can you probably give these items a % to physical damage conversion modifier?

It's not possible, or I would have done that. Conversion is a one-way street.

29 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Keep in mind that I only tried it with level 1 items yet.

That would explain it. Serious Open Wounds will not appear on any items until level 10. That's set at the bonus level.  I guess there's no reason it HAS to be that way, but I find it unlikely a unique would drop before level 10.

32 minutes ago, Lindor said:

can you give weapons that have one of the ogre knuckles socketed new fx similarly to what the other damage converters do to weapons? Maybe something white-ish?

Not without making every physical weapon have that effect. The damage type FX triggers based on the proportion of damage on the weapon. The damage converters themselves are only indirectly causing it.

2 hours ago, Lindor said:

HEy people, hi Flix:),

I have a bug report and two suggestions regarding the ogre knuckle:

When I first read about your idea it immediately made me wanna test it, so I force-dropped both the unique and rare ogre knuckle via modding the inquisitor starting drop quest reward.

First the bug report:

If I read the gamefiles correctly the rare one should have Opponent's Armor Physical and Open Wounds and indeed it was all fine, but the unique one should have Serious Open Wounds and Physical Damage % (Multiplication, not Conversion), now this didn't work, the item only had one modifier on it, namely the physical damage %. Since it might have been a simple display error and the bonus might have been there but just not showing, I tested that further by socketing the item into a dagger and equipping, no appearence of the serious open wounds modifier under the sigma sign. Keep in mind that I only tried it with level 1 items yet.

Reveal hidden contents

msgPkIp.jpg

or something completely different, sometimes it's fun to be surprised:)

They do drop as rare and unique as described.

I had them on my Drayd and Seraphim.

The only minor gripe I'm having with them is that I'd rather see them drop as ratchets or sprockets from mechanoids line the TG, Kral, the Guardians or from traps.

Seems to me to be more in line with their bleeding dot damage.

6 hours ago, Flix said:

It's not possible, or I would have done that. Conversion is a one-way street.

Not exactly. The true problem here is the possibility to use all conversion types at once and the way the properties are collected from equipped items. Final damage totals will not match, in the range of up to 40%

16 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Not exactly. The true problem here is the possibility to use all conversion types at once and the way the properties are collected from equipped items. Final damage totals will not match, in the range of up to 40%

I couldn't get any X-to-Physical damage conversion to work. I assumed something in the code was lacking.

10 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Another thing here - there's no physical-dominant weapon fx effect, the function would return nil. 

But there could be right?  Another code change I'd be unable to make.  The point was that the effect isn't coming from the damage converter.  I wouldn't even want a physical-dominant effect unless it was very subtle.

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

but then every common weapon would have that effect, since they're all physical-dominant, technically.

Which was exactly the reason I gave for not wanting to do it 6 posts above.

I see, it all mff

17 hours ago, Flix said:

All good ideas.

<3

17 hours ago, Flix said:

That would explain it. Serious Open Wounds will not appear on any items until level 10. That's set at the bonus level.  I guess there's no reason it HAS to be that way, but I find it unlikely a unique would drop before level 10.

Ahh makes sense.

10 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly here.

So you're saying it could be possible, but it would clash if people had e.g both physical to fire and vice versa equipped at the same time? Because afaik that's not possible, you can get damage conversion only from the four forgeable items and it only works for the weapon the item was forged into. Otherwise if you were wielding two 1-h-swords, both with 80% fire conversion lava chunks forged, you would get either get 160% damage conversion if it was additive, resulting in getting more damage than you initially had on your weapons. You can test ingame that this is definitely not the case. OR you would get 1-(1-80%)^2=96% damage conversion if it was multiplicative, which, you can also test this ingame, is not the case.

Converters only work for the weapon they're forged into which means you can only have one damage converter at the same time for each weapon, which makes introducing a fifth damage converter not a problem for the function, it would return the correct values.

Btw if that weren't the case and you got two elemental 1h swords, a poison one with lava chunk and a fire one with a poison fang, it would result in a different outcome depending on the chronological order you equip the weapons.

21 minutes ago, Lindor said:

So you're saying it could be possible, but it would clash if people had e.g both physical to fire and vice versa equipped at the same time?

That's correct.

21 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Converters only work for the weapon they're forged into which means you can only have one damage converter at the same time for each weapon, which makes introducing a fifth damage converter not a problem for the function, it would return the correct values.

Conversion properties are also present on some rare gauntlets and some CA's. It's possible to have up to 3 conversion properties "equipped" at a time. 

37 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Conversion properties are also present on some rare gauntlets and some CA's. It's possible to have up to 3 conversion properties "equipped" at a time. 

I did not know about the gauntlets, that could be a problem.

But doesn't that problem exist in the game then anyway? If you've got a default poison weapon, have gauntlets with e.g. fire damage conversion equipped, and then attack with mortifying pillory, do you get the correct values? Because the gauntlets convert the poison into fire and the CA the fire back to poison. If that's not the case, then I would suggest removing the damage conversion property off of gauntlets.

I could imagine that damage conversion on gear and CAs is intentionally implemented in a way that it only works in a "direct damage" kinda way, that it only affects the damage the enemy is receiving but not the damage you're dealing. That way it would never clash with damage conversion of forgeables. That requires further testing. Because if that's the case, then the solution would be simply to never allow physical damage conversion to be on gauntlets or CAs.

EDIT: I just thought of a way of testing this, if conversion on gauntlets works on spell dmg based CAs, then we know.

Edited by Lindor

New Mini-Sets in 3.0

These new all-class weapon sets are not composed of new items. Instead, I am grouping together existing legendary items that seem very likely to have been intended as unified sets, based on the names and internal files.  Drop rates are still ultra-rare but may be slightly better due being to added to an extra mini-set droplist.

I'll link to the original versions on the Wiki, since item models and some names have changed.

Set: Soorn's Doombringer

All but High Elf and Temple Guardian would be able to complete.

YDOQvQK.jpg   0FVMYQO.png

Composed of: Soorn's Righteous Fist (Mace), Soorn's Pious Blade (Sword)

OPBFVhp.png   FMTDjQy.jpg

Set: Instruments of the Assassin

All but High Elf and Temple Guardian would be able to complete.

J5CU4RY.jpg   ZT38JX9.jpg   wyh14wM.png

Composed of: Assassin's Fang, Assassin's Skean

5wAa3O1.png   BY3kygS.png

Set: Endijian's Heirlooms (Seraphim Only)

Endijian's Javelin has become a 1h axe. The shield was junk-tier trash in vanilla, and CM Patch turned it into a rare.  I've made a tier 14 unique.  This weapon and the shield were obviously designed to be part of Endijian's set.  Now that they can be wielded simultaneously, I've split them off into their own parallel set, much like Niokaste's Arguments exists alongside Niokaste's Blade Dance.

You can also see the whole Endijian theme has been reworked.  The models now have more components and T-Energy thanks to Dmitriy. I've also applied a different shader to make it all look more "glorious" instead of like old junk.

i85uLnO.jpg   8HkagrH.png

Composed of: Endijian's Bulwark, Endijian's Glaive

eh0LlId.png   B2WxKBB.png

pERXef6.jpg   b1D2b84.jpg

Set: Khral's Eminence

Only Shadow Warrior, Inquisitor, and Seraphim would be able to use the 2h Energy Weapon and get the bonus.  The weapon itself also got upscaled textures and a new shader applied to make it look nice and shiny.

xxEtLPN.jpg   Ko95teX.png

Composed of: Khral's Sceptre, Khral's Ring, Khral's Talisman

g3xPh8K.png   24twk96.png   z1ShkLU.png

Set: Charo's Resplendence

Only the Shadow Warrior can complete the full set and get the Chance to Stun. Other characters can at least equip the jewelry and get the Light Radius.

XppoOEU.jpg   Ejehyyf.png

Composed of: Charo's Gleaming Fist, Charo's Sparkle, Charo's Brilliance

dVJZg03.png   u7MLE6K.png   PdkCYKi.png

Set: Silithar's Animus

Because there are two mutually exclusive weapons in this set, it will give the full bonus at 3 pieces equipped.  Not all characters can use bows, but any character would be able to complete it with the shortsword.

DYoz931.jpg   RJXfhqo.jpg   DYOu9Pn.png

Composed of: Silithar's Malice OR Silithar's Blade, Silithar's Finger Hoop, Star of Silithar

JkYkt6s.png  7begxgC.png  e8lQULg.png  N8N5bDa.png

Set: Gruma's Edict

Because there are two mutually exclusive weapons in this set, it will give the full bonus at 3 pieces equipped.  Not all characters can use 2h Mage Staves, but any character would be able to complete it with the club.  Gruma's Signet was not originally Legendary but has been made so with the replacement of Pacifism with Survival Bonus.

aUhBQpE.jpg   EJvPAlu.jpg   q7QMtEL.png

Composed of: Gruma's Breath of Perdition OR Gruma's Insignia of Power, Gruma's Talisman, Gruma's Signet

kjl6pg0.png   jfKUKcd.png   HXPhwzz.png   07J0och.jpg