Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

I just realized the horsetrader whips aren't held as weapons, they're just belts.  This means the whole equipset rigamarole can be skipped and the belts can just be equipped as fallback equipment in the creatureinfo entries.

xIQZu5s.jpg  sfZM0en.jpg  Xc9jwrc.jpg  ecbTnhf.jpg  7WLLZXX.jpg

There was no lizard horsetrader to be found, so I added one to Neithu'thaz. He was scripted by the devs to be able to sell Unicorns and Flaming Horses so I left him that way.

GueWwyF.jpg

While I was there I noticed that annoying swarms of enemies were spawning in Neithu'thaz and attacking townsfolk.  I removed enemy spawns from these sectors.

Last minute odds and ends.  My to-do list is finally empty.  All I need to do is package up everything.  I expect to release Dec. 23, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Barmaid looks better now, though it still clips into her body sometimes.  I also see her blowing kisses now.

G3Ouj1e.jpg

Found some bugged animations for Innkeepers. They will now clean mugs as part of their routines.

dypjuyO.jpg

I found that many NPC's have a lockpicking animation, that would make use of the picking tools.  But when any of them would ever use it, outside of a scripted quest, I can't imagine.

JBBymga.jpg

Basket of Candy "reward" will at least have a name and a decent selling price.

j9Z38J0.png  HLLs9nQ.png

• Like! 1

That is great news to me as it means I can start modding then without the thought in the back that I need to redo everything once 3.0 gets released. Even though I'm excited for it, can I give you a thought and maybe add one thing to your to-do-list?

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Barmaid looks better now, though it still clips into her body sometimes.  I also see her blowing kisses now.

G3Ouj1e.jpg

I don't quite understand why it's a fan. The way she holds her arm up here:

22 hours ago, Flix said:

cbmomv3.jpg   xgSBfmk.jpg

looks more to me like it was meant to be a towel or something. Maybe they accidentally gave her the wrong item, I mean the fan looks more like something that belongs to a wealthy high elven lady or a desert lady or somebody like that. Can you maybe search for a towel in their euqipsets and swap it with the fan in case you find it?

26 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Maybe they accidentally gave her the wrong item, I mean the fan looks more like something that belongs to a wealthy high elven lady or a desert lady or somebody like that.

I think, it was a satire. Just like pad and powder. It could be, that some of the Ascaron employees held a grudge against some local barmaid, who spent more time on her looks, then on her work.

• Haha 1

If you saw the animation she performs it would make more sense.  She is waving her hand back and forth in front the same way you would when trying to cool down by fanning yourself.  With the fan in the correct hand it works, more or less.  It needs to be about 3/4 the size.

The same fan is used for Humans, Elves, and Desert Women.  All three have specific animations for using this same item.

The only towels are cloths used for wiping down tables and bars (very dirty cloth, very different animations), and another for cleaning a glass, which I mentioned above.

The fan is also a static item.  You can spot one on the bar in the Orcish Byway tavern.

Good, one less thing to keep in mind. But there are at least still two animations that annoy me, the fan one and the one where she files and looks at her nails. The latter has always bugged me out since it occurs super frequently and throughout all creature maidens. (open the spoiler at own risk, lots of pictures since animations are naturally a bid hard to capture in a picture)

Spoiler

IuVQEll.jpg

nsyrwlD.jpg

Upe2oK3.jpeg

AvCm2ro.jpg

oZwLml3.jpeg

xkrsYfK.jpeg

ywva6lS.jpg

I haven't really bothered a lot with animations so far since my failed blender attempt to import anducar into the game, so this will stay at the very end of my to-do-list.

I think there's definitely room for improvement/augmentation when it comes to NPC ambient behavior and animations.  It's already made a big leap forward with the correction of autoexec.txt in 2.3.  I'm still noticing new routines I'd never seen before, like sleeping.  I don't want to get bogged down with that right before release though.

So even with a modded version there is no way to shortcut transfer an item to a storage box, you still have to drag them one by one? No way to make it behave just like ctrl-click for selling stuff? Maybe some roundabout way of turning storage into a merchant with zero buy\sell price and make it eternally save what you sold to it. Maybe I'm just dumb and I completely missed a way to do it in the first place.

@AceKuper  In Vanilla that doesn't exist. Read the Sacred 2 readme.txt. If you've got the steam version, then it's located in:
your steam library folder\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\Readme.txt
Sections 3.A)1., 3.A)2. and 3.B) list all the controls. 3B) specifically are the combinations which is what you're searching for. If a mod includes what you ask for, then the modder will probably list it there, at least I would do that. Neither S2EE 3.0, nor the Addendum include that change.

Since this is set at the code-level, you should ask dimitrius154, the author of the Addendum, but don't expect too much. Altering existing combinations is probably possible, but including new ones would be way more complicated. I can e.g. already see tons of problems with your idea: the trader functions for offer, specialoffer, prize etc., the question window pop up on selling uniques/sets/legendaries via ctrl-click.combination, the question window pop up on selling/buying anything via mouseclick, the selling interference (in case you don't know, you can sell items under value without being with a merchant), the automatic item sorting system for trader inventories (you wouldn't be able to choose on where to put an item), all these things are globally hardcoded for all merchants and blacksmiths and I have absolutely no idea how to set that apart from a newly added trader with an item inventory. For sure it would take seriously more effort than simply swapping things around in the lua scripts.

But here is a little consolation plaster: right click on an item automatically equips it and puts the equipped item in your inventory, so that's a fast way to transfer equippable items from your chest to your inventory, just remember to reequip your original equipped item. Though that doesn't work the other way around.

@Flix I've made up my mind to congratulate you on the release, but I was so excited to take a look and try it out that I totally forgot when the download finally finished yesterday, so now: congratulations on the release:D

Edited by Lindor
  • Thanks! 1

Well, if it's too much work than it's too much work. EE is already amazing as it is. It's just weird that they for some reason created a throw items away button and actually have sell items button, but not transfer button. I'm not sure since it's been a while since I played Vanilla, but I think Diablo 2 even had that function.

Oh I just saw it was your first post, welcome to the forum:wink: Sorry that I didn't notice, I'm so happy for everyone who decides to join:)

As I said, I'm not good at those more deeply coded things, I just answered because nobody else did so far:D I have the D2F mod, gonna look at the readme.txt, just a moment

Hmm I can't find such a change in the readme.txt or the various changelog files. possible that there is such a feature since D2F mods Sacred2Logic.dll, but there's probably no way to find out other than through enabling the mod and trying it out. Or asking Flix or dimitrius xD

But I totally agree with you that it's wierd it doesn't exist in Vanilla, it's probably again the cut content syndrome. I'd definitely wish me a shortcut for item transfering too

Edited by Lindor
23 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Oh I just saw it was your first post, welcome to the forum:wink: Sorry that I didn't notice, I'm so happy for everyone who decides to join:)

As I said, I'm not good at those more deeply coded things, I just answered because nobody else did so far:D I have the D2F mod, gonna look at the readme.txt, just a moment

When I said Diablo 2 I meant actual Diablo 2 :)

• Haha 1

While reading thru the patch notes I didn't see any mention of %LL.

If I recollect correctly, then Dmitriy had found a proper was to apply the % LL only to the remaining life pool and not always to the full one.

Was this not implemented or didn't it work out?

Edited by jwiz
3 hours ago, jwiz said:

While reading thru the patch notes I didn't see any mention of %LL.

If I recollect correctly, then Dmitriy had found a proper was to apply the % LL only to the remaining life pool and not always to the full one.

Was this not implemented or didn't it work out?

That change was made in the game code.  I can't pick and choose fixes to import when they're all bundled up in dll files, so some fixes didn't get added.  I made this decision to avoid changing things I didn't want to change, like reducing weapon selection to only a few weapon types per character, and also making all 6 modifications selectable which would break all the summoning CA's.

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

@FlixThat find about glass cleaning(that it should be _ZW, not_2H) is interesting, since it may apply to some other  jobs. Jewelry, table, showcase cleaning?

Very possible.  It must be determined which items belong in which hand, and then the items must be equipped together in equipsets.  The showcase cleaning sounds similar to the bar keep wiping down the bar. That is, a 1h animation that interacts with a static world object.

It was hard to understand how NPC's decide to use items and interact with things.  I can see state names like "cInteractAreaAI" or "cTimedInteractionAI" assigned to the various jobs.  I can't see how those states trigger the use of job items and the requisite animations.

9 minutes ago, Flix said:

I can't see how those states trigger the use of job items and the requisite animations.

Let's take a look at behaviour.txt:

Example:

name         = "JOB_NIGHT_WATCHMAN",
  state0 = "name=cBaseNPCJobAI,job0=job_citizen_sleep:start=8:end=15, job1=job_nightwatchman_work:start=20:end=8",

in s2logica.dll there's a list of 'basic jobs':

100A6C1D   PUSH s2logica.10184670                                                        ASCII "job_pub_party"
100A6DAA   PUSH s2logica.1018465C                                                        ASCII "job_basic_church"
100A6EE3   PUSH s2logica.1018464C                                                        ASCII "job_basic_chat"
100A7054   PUSH s2logica.10184638                                                        ASCII "job_basic_groupchat"
100A71A9   PUSH s2logica.10184620                                                        ASCII "job_basic_idleatstart"
100A724A   PUSH s2logica.1018460C                                                        ASCII "job_pstatist_sleep"
100A725E   PUSH s2logica.101845F8                                                        ASCII "job_rstatist_sleep"
100A7272   PUSH s2logica.101845E4                                                        ASCII "job_citizen_sleep"
100A7286   PUSH s2logica.101845D4                                                        ASCII "job_pub_sleep"
100A734E   PUSH s2logica.101845C0                                                        ASCII "job_beggar_sleep"
100A74F1   PUSH s2logica.101845A8                                                        ASCII "job_communicator_work"
100A76E8   PUSH s2logica.10184590                                                        ASCII "job_communicator2_work"
100A793E   PUSH s2logica.10184584                                                        ASCII "job_dancer"
100A7AA2   PUSH s2logica.10184570                                                        ASCII "job_hunter_sleep"
100A7BF7   PUSH s2logica.1018455C                                                        ASCII "job_poacher_sleep"
100A7D4C   PUSH s2logica.10184548                                                        ASCII "job_robber_sleep"
100A7EA1   PUSH s2logica.10184530                                                        ASCII "job_cattlefarmer_sleep"
100A7FF6   PUSH s2logica.1018451C                                                        ASCII "job_sheperd_sleep"
100A814B   PUSH s2logica.1018450C                                                        ASCII "job_thief_sleep"
100A82BC   PUSH s2logica.101844FC                                                        ASCII "job_trader_eat"
100A83CC   PUSH s2logica.101844EC                                                        ASCII "job_writer_eat"
100A84DC   PUSH s2logica.101844D8                                                        ASCII "job_rstatist_eat"
100A85EC   PUSH s2logica.101844C8                                                        ASCII "job_witch_eat"
100A86E0   PUSH s2logica.101844B8                                                        ASCII "job_witch_chat"
100A87B4   PUSH s2logica.101844A8                                                        ASCII "job_beggar_work"
100A88A8   PUSH s2logica.10184494                                                        ASCII "job_beggar_drink"
100A897C   PUSH s2logica.10184484                                                        ASCII "job_hunter_work"
100A8A50   PUSH s2logica.10184470                                                        ASCII "job_poacher_work"
100A8B24   PUSH s2logica.10184460                                                        ASCII "job_robber_work"
100A8BDC   PUSH s2logica.10184448                                                        ASCII "job_cattlefarmer_work"
100A8D78   PUSH s2logica.10184434                                                        ASCII "job_mercenary_work"
100A8F46   PUSH s2logica.1018441C                                                        ASCII "job_nightwatchman_work"
100A901F   PUSH s2logica.10184408                                                        ASCII "job_sheperd_work"
100A90D7   PUSH s2logica.101843F8                                                        ASCII "job_thief_work"
100A9273   PUSH s2logica.101843E8                                                        ASCII "job_trader_work"
100A9367   PUSH s2logica.101843D8                                                        ASCII "job_witch_work"
100A943B   PUSH s2logica.101843C8                                                        ASCII "job_chair_test"
100A950F   PUSH s2logica.101843B4                                                        ASCII "job_questnpc_move"
100A95E3   PUSH s2logica.101843A0                                                        ASCII "job_queststaging"
100A96D3   PUSH s2logica.10184390                                                        ASCII "job_kill_poor"
100A97C3   PUSH s2logica.10184380                                                        ASCII "job_kill_rich"

Each job is defined in s2logicai.dll, used equipsets included.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...