Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

P.S.

I also noticed that you increased the health potion cooldown to 7 secs. so that spamming potions now only gives approx. 15% of the full amount I/o of 20% previously.

But the dot damage still only ticks 5 times (value=500).

I would suggest to extend the dot ticks likewise and reduce the dot damage per tick accordingly so that the health potion cooldown is in line with the dot ticks once again.

P.P.S:

I still enjoy blowing up the bulbs!  :lol:

Edited by jwiz

That one got imported in from Titan Quest.  Same size it's been since 2.0.  Recurve Bows are a bit bigger than long bows.

The Dryad tends to grip off-center compared to the other characters.  I can't change the grip point without making the others grip too far in the opposite direction.

15 minutes ago, jwiz said:

P.S.

I also noticed that you increased the health potion cooldown to 7 secs. so that spamming potions now only gives approx. 15% of the full amount I/o of 20% previously.

But the dot damage still only ticks 5 times (value=500).

I would suggest to extend the dot ticks likewise and reduce the dot damage per tick accordingly so that the health potion cooldown is in line with the dot ticks once again.

Well as it turns out the potion cooldown doesn't even work and never has.  It's broken at the code level.

I didn't realize until it was time release so I never amended the change log.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Well as it turns out the potion cooldown doesn't even work and never has.  It's broken at the code level.

I didn't realize until it was time release so I never amended the change log.

Ok, thanks.

So its hardcoded, good to know.

Thanks! Will fix in upcoming hotfix patch.  

If you want to apply an immediate fix, the change will be made in itemtype.txt, to type (13942,

Under flags, FLAG_EQUIPCUT needs to be removed.  It's basically replacing her entire head with just the helmet, instead of adding the helmet to her existing head, as is now the norm in EE 3.0.

Looks like her pelvis and maybe some other body parts suffer the same problem. I'll review her whole armor set.

17 minutes ago, Flix said:

Looks like her pelvis and maybe some other body parts suffer the same problem. I'll review her whole armor set.

Yep true, her pelvis isn't there too::

undead_sera3.png.78ea6d0b6cf07c41a656455876d76564.png

@Flix 

I have a well-founded suspicion, that "Primal Mutation"'s 1-st and 2-nd mods don't work and never had. The mechanics behind them does not apply to spell-based attacks.

[EDIT] Also, while the chicken concept might seem humorous in theory, in practice it looks more like chicken :eek:, since mutants can turn to chicken as well.

The Riding skill's Mount Level description is, IMHO, false. The skill does not affect the level of the mount, but it does affect all mount properties as a multiplier.

Selling stacks of items returns the same amount of gold, as selling a single item. 

Edited by dimitrius154
2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I have a well-founded suspicion, that "Primal Mutation"'s 1-st and 2-nd mods don't work and never had. The mechanics behind them does not apply to spell-based attacks.

Just as well, looks like I got rid of them some time ago in EE.

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Also, while the chicken concept might seem humorous in theory, in practice it looks more like chicken :eek:, since mutants can turn to chicken as well.

Frankly I never liked the creature-shapeshifting at all.  I wonder if just removing the mutation spell token would be enough?  If so, the EE 3.1 version would look like this:

mgr.defineSpell( "tw_en_mutieren", {
	eiStateName = "cSpellCast",
	fxTypeCast = "FX_TW_MUTIEREN_C",
	fxTypeSpell = "FX_TW_MUTIEREN",
	fxTypeCastSpecial = "FX_TW_MUTIEREN_C",
	duration = 10.000000,
	animType = "ANIM_TYPE_SM12",
	animTypeApproach = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
	animTypeRide = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
	animTypeSpecial = "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM02-SPECIAL",
	causesSpellDamage = 1,
	tokens = {
		entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 1000, 0, 0, 8 },
		entry1 = {"et_spelldamage_poison", 560, 280, 0, 133 },
		entry2 = {"et_spelldamage_magic", 560, 280, 0, 133 },
		entry3 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 140, 5, 1, 5 },
		entry4 = {"et_chance_poisoning", 245, 5, 2, 5 },
		entry5 = {"et_chance_areasplash", 600, 3, 3, 5 },
		entry6 = {"et_debuff_stats", 100, 2, 4, 42 },
		entry7 = {"et_dotdamage_poison", 400, 200, 5, 42 },
		entry8 = {"et_debuff_stats", 100, 2, 6, 42 },
		entry9 = {"et_hurl_enemy", 1, 0, 0, 9 },
	},
	fightDistance = 525.000000,
	aspect = "EA_TW_ENERGY",
	cooldown = 0.000000,
	soundProfile = 0,
	cost_level = 165,
	cost_base = 330,
	focus_skill_name = "skill_TW_energy_focus",
	lore_skill_name = "skill_TW_energy_lore",
	spellClass = "cSpellTwMutieren",
	spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_effect_attack",
	sorting_rank = 1,
})

It has been noticed by a user of the german Sacred Legends forum, that the energy pistols do not work properly with the TG.

I tried them myself and it seems that the weapon fx is placed wrongly as the projectiles hit the ground below the TG.

TW_energy_pistol.thumb.jpg.aceed4349d9edfd773f5688206473b3b.jpg

Edited by jwiz

Yeah someone on the Nexus pointed that out.  Will be fixed in the next release.  Hopefully not long off.

To manually correct in the meantime:

Open the graphics26.zip file of the mod.  Navigate to this folder: graphics26.zip\models\heroes\guardian\
Delete the folder there titled "batteries".
This is the cause of the problem.  These files are not contributing anything else to the mod. 

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Wow.  What modules are you using?

ALL OF EM. xD Just kidding.

Reduce Fog Mod and from Sacred 2 WW 3.0:
CORE_Required
Alternate Spells
Enhanced Music
Free-For-All Quests
Portrait Overhaul
Superspawn

EDIT: Maybe the Super-Spawn decided to double this one? I just imagined ... double the amount of nameless guardians? :D:D:D

Edited by Roderick

Whoa that's an interesting bug! Doesn't happen in my game, I use the trimmed elite textures, CORE module and Superspawn module.

I post because there are three things I noticed after installing 3.0 which could potentially be quirks:

• The green circle doesn't match the pickup radius anymore (which got increased with CM patch if I remember correctly)
  • Earth Lord quest doesn't drop the holy magic relic anymore (I did the quest multiple times, maybe I just got unlucky)
  • Some normal (white) rings have the lightsaber sound on picking it up in the inventory, they all have the increase poison damage stat so far
54 minutes ago, Roderick said:

EDIT: Maybe the Super-Spawn decided to double this one? I just imagined ... double the amount of nameless guardians?

It's undoubtedly Free-For-All Quests that's causing it.  If I guess right, the same thing will happen to all of the campaign bosses.  Maybe we can just call it a perk of the module?

50 minutes ago, Lindor said:

The green circle doesn't match the pickup radius anymore (which got increased with CM patch if I remember correctly)

This has to be changed manually by the user in options.txt in the Documents folder.

50 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Earth Lord quest doesn't drop the holy magic relic anymore (I did the quest multiple times, maybe I just got unlucky)

He drops a Wol Sigil (physical relic).  The magic relic reward was moved to the Lightning Lord.  These changes were made in 2.4.

51 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Some normal (white) rings have the lightsaber sound on picking it up in the inventory, they all have the increase poison damage stat so far

Yeah I never figured out this one.  I think some generic sounds are getting applied but I'm not sure where the error is.  I've also heard rings produce a potion sound.

• Like! 1
38 minutes ago, Flix said:

It's undoubtedly Free-For-All Quests that's causing it.  If I guess right, the same thing will happen to all of the campaign bosses.  Maybe we can just call it a perk of the module?

*gasp* I will see it as a feature until it kills me too often. Then I will come back and complain about the bug. xD

Double Octagolamos stun incomming. xD

• Haha 1

Hey:bye:

I just stumbled across something which made stumble across a second thing:

On 10/7/2020 at 2:00 AM, Flix said:

More FX updates for consistency and fun.

High Elf

Frost Flare - Previously the impact FX of this spell was the same as Cobalt Strike, a little cluster of lightning bolts.  Now it has an icy impact instead.

http://I.imgur.com/YsGNjw0m.jpg

As I pointed out, these FX are built in the spellclass and are not explicitly scripted in spells .txt:

On 1/2/2021 at 12:36 AM, Lindor said:

I know why FX_FROSTSCHOCK and FX_FROSTKREIS look like the same FX. That particle effect is not part of the FX, but built into the cSpellHeFrostschlag spellclass.
(...)
after a second look, I think that all spellclasses that come with spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_effect_attack_ray" may have a built-in particle effect

This was mysterious to me. I sorted out all the particle scripts that are linked to some string in spells.txt and then I looked at all the other particle scripts left and took screenshots and none of them looked like the frostflare impact FX. But given your post, these FX should have appeared somewhere.
I had three possible explanations in mind:

1. The impact FX are FX_HE_FROSTSCHLAG, so they're both scripted AND built into the spellclass, making it an overkill
  2. You've accidentally edited FX_HE_FROSTSCHLAG, believing they'd be the impact FX while they're actually not
  3. You did not edit a particle script but an image instead

Since FX_HE_FROSTSCHLAG_C is the blue blob appearing on the casters hand, it would make sense for FX_HE_FROSTSCHLAG to be the ray and the impact FX to be built into the spellclass (resulting in explanation 2), but it's also possible that the ray is also built into the spellclass and only appears if the correct spellcontroltype is chosen (resulting in explanation 1).

I wanted to know which of these explanations is the correct one or at least which are wrong, so I deactivated all S2EE modules and - I couldn't start the game. It doesn't completely crash, just the game server. It just freezes for a moment and goes back to the main menu with an error message popping up.
Wim3MlH.jpeg
But after re-enabling S2EE, everything works just fine again! So this is the second thing I stumbled across: Once I've activated S2EE 3.0, I cannot deactivate it anymore or I need to reinstall the game (steam has a very neat checking for broken files function that I use for that).

Can you help me solve these two riddles? Can someone take a screenshot of the original impact FX? Did you edit an image or particle script(s)? If the latter, which ones did you edit? Does that game server crash after deactivating S2EE 3.0 happen to someone else too? I'll probably backup everything and reinstall the game tomorrow and check if the crash still happens.

EDIT: Now after I realised that I skipped multiple particle scripts, there's a fourth explanation possible, namely that the particle script is part of the column I skipped. This is exactly why I cared about it so much in the first place.

Edited by Lindor
3 hours ago, Lindor said:

You did not edit a particle script but an image instead

Bingo.  :Cherna_24:   The picture below was originally a bunch of lightning bursts.

3 hours ago, Lindor said:

So this is the second thing I stumbled across: Once I've activated S2EE 3.0, I cannot deactivate it anymore or I need to reinstall the game

This could be some quirk of Steam.  I haven't had any issues switching EE on and off over the past several weeks, with the GOG version.

multi_he_frostschlag2.jpg

• Thanks! 1