Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

8 hours ago, Flix said:

You could just be the first adventurous player willing to try out "Free For All" - and for that I salute your bravery!

I am greedy. And I like Sacred 2. I see new content for Sacred 2, I take it ALL!

• Haha 1

Having some spare time, I'm currently combing thru the german (DE_de) global.res with my wordprocessor and dictionary.

While doing so, I noticed the below text lines about the Garganthrod (scorpion king) in english.

Have these lines been added in the S2EE versions?

0450013763	That won't be a problem for me, either.
0450013768	I always wanted to see if scorpions are immune to their own poison.
0450014207	I know all about awful creatures.
0450014329	I have defeated Earth Elementals, Trolls, and Dragons. That scorpion I'll crush under one sandal, no matter how big it is!
0450015468	I have just the right tools for bleeding a scorpion.
0450015565	A scorpion? That does not scare me.

Edited by jwiz
  • Like! 1

Yeah. It doesn't matter what language they're in. The text isn't displayed.  There just needs to be something present for that hash in order for the audio files to trigger.  Feel free to translate them if it bothers you.

I'm late for the party, but what's with the doubled boss thingy?

I haven't been very present here at DarkMatters due to a shortage of time and mental availability. But as we're going into lockdown starting tonight that could change. Any recap on quick fixes for EE 3.0 that I should know about?

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Androdion said:

I'm late for the party, but what's with the doubled boss thingy?

A quirk of the "Free-For-All" module.  I'm not exactly clear on the why, but there are basically two identical versions of each campaign boss scripted.  The two are called upon in different sections of the main quest. One is a kill target and the other... ?  Anyway I picked the wrong one to mark as "persistent" so the result is the usual boss is present, plus a doppelganger.  Only one of them will trigger quest completion on death but they both give XP and drops like usual.

4 hours ago, Androdion said:

Any recap on quick fixes for EE 3.0 that I should know about?

A few bugs I still need to iron out. The Black Seraphim is just walking armor (has invisible body), and the TG is not able to use energy pistols properly.  I have the fixes in place for 3.1 this weekend, just doing a few more tweaks in the meantime.

A few other changes slated for 3.1 are some more missing NPC equipment added, and some base damage numbers for several weapons are adjusted.  I also rebalanced Eternal Fire (increased spread chance) and Primal Mutation (CORE will now use Alt Spells version) based on some recent bug reports.

• Like! 1
43 minutes ago, Flix said:

TG is not able to use energy pistols properly

Thing is: vanilla Sacred2 uses the "fx_wpn_glow2" as a projectile release point. Since Batteries have that bone as well and, due to how object bones are accounted for, the battery bone takes precedence. The original developers couldn't(wouldn't) solve the issue, so they simply disabled battery rendering. I've introduced an extra "firingpoint" bone as a solution, but, since there's a code component, the S2EE is unable to utilize the solution.

52 minutes ago, Flix said:

some more missing NPC equipment added

Interesting. Job items?

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Thing is: vanilla Sacred2 uses the "fx_wpn_glow2" as a projectile release point. Since Batteries have that bone as well and, due to how object bones are accounted for, the battery bone takes precedence. The original developers couldn't(wouldn't) solve the issue, so they simply disabled battery rendering. I've introduced an extra "firingpoint" bone as a solution, but, since there's a code component, the S2EE is unable to utilize the solution.

I noticed, I just forgot to delete the battery models.  Originally I thought I might be able to only use s2render, and the batteries appeared, but that file displaced all mounted opponents from their mounts, and I needed sacred2.exe to correct it. And that file made too many changes so I intended to just reverse the whole experiment.

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Interesting. Job items?

Equipset NPC_HU_sheepherd was missing the shepherd's staff.  Apparently I corrected this in D2F some time ago but never ported the change over to EE.

big_0012.thumb.jpg.36796676f6caa764fe113418d0451ebf.jpg

• Appreciation 1
9 hours ago, Roderick said:

Any ETA for 3.1? Just to know whether I have to downgrade to play again. ^^ I only play Single mode.... want to leave a saved Ancaria and not every quest respawning on me. xD

Sunday probably.  Technically speaking the changes from 3.0 --> 3.1 are trivial and should not interfere with any ongoing characters. In fact, unless you're playing a seraphim or TG I doubt you'll notice any difference.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Sunday probably.  Technically speaking the changes from 3.0 --> 3.1 are trivial and should not interfere with any ongoing characters. In fact, unless you're playing a seraphim or TG I doubt you'll notice any difference.

Okay.... looks like I disable Free For All for the time being. ^^

2 hours ago, Flix said:

Btw, it was noticed in the german forum that the globel.res (DE_de) needs a correction to:

1247205589    Kaleidoskopischer Evangelist  (from Kaleidoskpischer Evangelist)

P.S.: in fact it needs a lot more corrections. I'm currently working on them.

Edited by jwiz
11 hours ago, jwiz said:

Btw, it was noticed in the german forum that the globel.res (DE_de) needs a correction to:

1247205589    Kaleidoskopischer Evangelist  (from Kaleidoskpischer Evangelist)

P.S.: in fact it needs a lot more corrections. I'm currently working on them.

That doesn't surprise me; the bulk of translation for all the CM 1.50 items had to be done through Google.

I don't really have anything else I need to do with this patch so I'll release it tomorrow. If the translations aren't ready we can always add them later.

12 hours ago, Roderick said:

Okay.... looks like I disable Free For All for the time being. ^^

Ok, I changed over:

• Gar'Colossus
  • Octagolamus
  • Carnach
  • Mist of Miasma
  • Garganthropod
  • Kral
  • Facettelleon
  • Nameless Guardians

Did you notice any other doubled bosses at all?

Speaking of spelling mistakes, there's one thing which is tickling my inner detective Monk:

Seraphim's Mutation set is called Megalcarwen's Garments of Mutation,
yet the wood elf companion if you start as dark elf in Sacred 1 is called Maegalcarwen:
9BygxJ6.jpg

Also shouldn't it be more of a Dryad or High Elf set for the sake of consistency? And, speaking of which, why is there no Laurelinad set for the Inquisitor?:D
0OyWuym.jpg

• Like! 1

Btw, can somebody enlighten me about all those 'portcats'.

I'm not aware of them.

Is this a pun or joke I'm not getting or are they really of feline persuasion?

Edited by jwiz
1 hour ago, jwiz said:

Btw, can somebody enlighten me about all those 'portcats'.

I'm not aware of them.

Is this a pun or joke I'm not getting or are they really of feline persuasion?

Where are you seeing them in-game?  There's one entry in the texts.  2699116497    Portal Cat

I'm seeing them in the german global.res being named 'Portkatze' (=portcat or port cat) by the dozen and I'm just wondering what it's all about, because the german translation doen't make much sense.

Edited by jwiz

If it isn't a harbour cat, who were highly welcome to fight rats --  then I have only one guess: In Napoleon times a Katze (german) would be a platform for guns which is a bit higher than the surroundings. French it would be named Cavalier. The 'B' in the picture. One use was against ships. Because sailships couldn't lift easily their broadsides this high.

So perhaps a defense along a river or harbour?

Cavalier.fortifications.Arras.png

Thanks!

Yes, there is a historical german military idiom (WWI) called 'Katze' which is just as you described it.

Strangely, the aforementioned 'portal cat' has been named 'Portal-Kater' in german.

3.0a is released here and on the Nexus.  Since it's just a hotfix and not a version release I'm naming it 3.0a.  I couldn't do just a patch release due to the files edited so the full mod would need to be re-downoaded.

Changes:

• Fixed Black Seraphim invisible body textures.
  • Fixed Temple Guardian being unable to properly fire Energy Pistols.
  • Fixed double bosses spawning in Free-For-All Quests module (hopefully).
  • Increased the spread chance for Eternal Fire.
  • CORE version of Primal Mutation is now identical to the Alt. Spells version (Poison/Magic focus, higher damage, no more broken damage conversion modifications).
  • Shepherds now use their missing shepherd staves.
  • Increased the base damage of a few rare and unique weapons for consistency.
  • Adjusted some weapon icon sizes for consistency.
5 minutes ago, nerasw said:

yet another stupid question: will re-downloading EE-core have any effect on existing SP campaign (quest for example)?

Nope.

5 minutes ago, nerasw said:

and another one: should enabled modules be reinstalled after?

Uninstall all mods in order, then reinstall all mods in order.  Same as any other version update.

On 1/16/2021 at 6:55 AM, Flix said:

Did you notice any other doubled bosses at all?

It was just a quick run through silver so I haven't seen many endbosses other than the main ones, but the elemental endbosses (providing holy reliques) and goblin lord Gahanka have been there only in single, not doubled.

Edited by Roderick