Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

10 hours ago, Flix said:

3.0a is released here and on the Nexus.  Since it's just a hotfix and not a version release I'm naming it 3.0a.  I couldn't do just a patch release due to the files edited so the full mod would need to be re-downoaded.

The title on nexus is 3.0a. the zip is called 3.0. 
Well, I'll see it when the first camapaign boss is comming. ^^

LOOOL.

"Bug"

I started a new game curiously. After going the first two steps, I crashed my head on the desk because I downloaded, but didn't really install the new version from Nexus. 
So I saved, installed the new things via JSGME and loaded the freshyl started char. Strangely, there was a level 160 set item attached to the curser. So the level Char has now the level 160 sword of "Smoke and Fire" set. x'D

I don't really bother, its just funny. ^^

Edited by Roderick
  • Like! 1
2 hours ago, jwiz said:

I'm finally done going through de german localized global.res file.

It took me a bit longer than I expected as I decided to apply corrections to all the string resources, even if they are only used to trigger the dialogue text, as Flix has pointed out earlier.

Otherwise the correction list would be less than half as long, but I feel more comfortable with having done so.  :lol:

I have tried to be as consistent as possible with the corrections, but that wasn't an easy task as even the devs weren't consistent with their spellings for main denominations like Artamark (found: Artamak, Atamark) or Kufferath (Kufferrath).

I've corrected those and others I came upon, but I surely missed quite a few.

I've also translated descriptions into german for some items or stories that were left in english.

I just hope I haven't botched up some inside pun (like: Windu's Mace).  If I did so, please let me know.

I'll upload (to Google drive) the global.res unencoded in a full form with all the changes and as a list of differences which only contains the corrected text resources, so everybody can have a go at it, if they like.

I hope this works.

Links:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g4YG1TVe-k13snzBzBeIuskzQfHe1D1J/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OEhn8WsZaTdY3By-aHCrpfE8SubFFOLI/view?usp=sharing

@Flix

maybe you're willing to include this into your upcoming 3.1 update.

P.S.:

I was working on the global.res file from S2EE 3.0 Core + Addons

Thanks! I should have waited a day I guess.  I was getting anxious to get those fixes out though.  I'll prepare the German texts for the next release, whenever that may be.

59 minutes ago, Flix said:

Thanks! I should have waited a day I guess.  I was getting anxious to get those fixes out though.  I'll prepare the German texts for the next release, whenever that may be.

Nevermind that, I'm most probably going to do a second passtrough anyways.

@jwiz, @Flix
Spotted another spelling mistake:

1245762801    Meglacarwens Vermächtnis

If not Maegalcarwen, then at least Megalcarwen pls:D

EDIT:
and another one.
Old:

0133204698	Was steht denn nun in diesem Brief... bla bla bla... hm... hm... AH! Hier:<br>"Es geht darum, möglichst viele Eier zu sammeln!”<br><br>Ach was! So weit war ich auch schon. Oh, das geht's weiter:<br>"Viele Eier bedeuten Reichtum!"<br><br>Was das nun wieder zu bedeuten hat?! Da vorne läuft gerade einer von ihnen in diese Höhle. Ich sollte ihm folgen. Vielleicht finde ich dann mehr heraus.

Correction:

0133204698	Was steht denn nun in diesem Brief... bla bla bla... hm... hm... AH! Hier:<br>"Es geht darum, möglichst viele Eier zu sammeln!”<br><br>Ach was! So weit war ich auch schon. Oh, da geht's weiter:<br>"Viele Eier bedeuten Reichtum!"<br><br>Was das nun wieder zu bedeuten hat?! Da vorne läuft gerade einer von ihnen in diese Höhle. Ich sollte ihm folgen. Vielleicht finde ich dann mehr heraus.

Edited by Lindor
22 hours ago, jwiz said:

I'm finally done going through de german localized global.res file.

I'm not sure if you're distributing the encoded text for use anywhere (which is totally fine) but do note that this is not the CORE version of the texts, it's the Alt. Spells version.

On 1/18/2021 at 4:44 PM, jwiz said:

Noted.

I intend to change Megalcarwen to Maegalcarwen in the resources as well.

On a quick scroll-through yesterday I've noticed that I've managed to screw up a few resource IDs, so please dont use the this global.res yet.

I have currently started a 2nd run where I will correct those too.

I have just finished the 2nd pass of the global.res and uploaded the changed files.

I have corrected the resource IDs that I messed up and applied some further corrections that I found in the 2nd go.

This includes changes of names for 'Maegalcarwen' and 2 further names:

'Dulcinea' from the Lost Ogre quest is now named 'Dulcamara' as there is already the dead cow called 'Dulcinea'

I also renamed the Ogre shaman 'Bartislartfass' from the goblin sinews quest to 'Slartifartbass' as there is already a mage called 'Barti Slartfass' in the Undead Legion quest.

Anyone who doesnt like that, feel fre  to revert it.

Unless someone else points out some further needed corrections, I consider this done.

• Thanks! 1

Outstanding work on this one too!! Thank you!!

So I'm curious if I can add my experience, Drop, and Open all the portals edit with this Enhanced Edition WITHOUT messing up any of your hard work? If so what would be the best way to add them?

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Flix said:

Thanks! 

If I were you, I'd just make the same edits I made before, using the Enhanced Edition scripts.  Sounds like balance.txt, and maybe something else?

You're welcome!!

Yes, balance and questscripts. I've recently returned to Sacred 2 Gold after a long break from it. Just didn't want to put anything in the wrong place.

I like to use Notepad++ with the compare plugin. It highlights differences between two versions of the same file.  Makes it easy to copy changes from one into the other.  I'd copy your changes into my scripts.

Actually questscripts.txt might be a bear to compare since so much in the syntax got changed in EE.  You definitely want to use my version of the file though.

Balance.txt shouldn't be too bad to deal with though.

• Thanks! 1
9 hours ago, Flix said:

I like to use Notepad++ with the compare plugin. It highlights differences between two versions of the same file.  Makes it easy to copy changes from one into the other.  I'd copy your changes into my scripts.

Actually questscripts.txt might be a bear to compare since so much in the syntax got changed in EE.  You definitely want to use my version of the file though.

I did use Notepad++ as well for editing with the DSpellchecker plugin (Hunspell dict).

P.S.:

I have reuploaded both files UTF-8 encoded, as I just noticed on my Linux system that the globalDe_texts file was encoded in UTF-16 (hence the large size) which may lead to problems with some text editors.

23 minutes ago, jwiz said:

I did use Notepad++ as well for editing with the DSpellchecker plugin (Hunspell dict).

I was talking to LadyRy about her question.  But, I realize that was not evident because I didn't quote her. Sorry for the confusion.

11 hours ago, Flix said:

Thank you for your advice. I will do that. Great work. What about the More Monsters script mod?

2 hours ago, LadyRy said:

What about the More Monsters script mod?

Is that some other mod out there I don't know about, or do you mean SuperSpawn that comes with EE?  You'd want to use my spawn.txt

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Is that some other mod out there I don't know about, or do you mean SuperSpawn that comes with EE?  You'd want to use my spawn.txt

There's a More monsters 1 and 2 on this site. I'll try yours. Thank you!!

• Like! 1
On 1/12/2021 at 12:06 PM, dimitrius154 said:

A soundprofile issue. The items in question do not have a pickup or drop sound assigned and happily take the sound from the next  pickup/drop entry available.

I searched all through your soundrprofile.txt and I couldn't find any instance where you might have addressed this. Is there some other script involved, maybe the "materialsound" line in material.txt?

1 hour ago, Flix said:

I couldn't find any instance where you might have addressed this

You appear to have adopted the necessary changes some time ago:

newProfile = {
	profilename  = "Item Damage Converters",
	subfamily    = "SUBFAM_FORGE_DAMAGE",
	mindistancefactor = 50,
	maxdistancefactor = 100,
	event1 = { event = "PICKUP", resource = 36106 };
	event2 = { event = "PICKUP", resource = 36107 };
	event3 = { event = "DROP", resource = 36087 };
}
mgr.soundProfileCreate(newProfile);

newProfile = {
	profilename  = "Item Artefacts",
	subfamily    = "SUBFAM_ARMOR_ARTEFACT",
	mindistancefactor = 50,
	maxdistancefactor = 100,
	event1 = { event = "PICKUP", resource = 36106 };
	event2 = { event = "PICKUP", resource = 36107 };
	event3 = { event = "DROP", resource = 36087 };
}
mgr.soundProfileCreate(newProfile);

That means, that the current EE iteration should have no incorrect pickup sound issues. Any confirmed cases?

Edited by dimitrius154
1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

That means, that the current EE iteration should have no incorrect pickup sound issues. Any confirmed cases?

The reported bug is that rings are making lightsaber sounds. I've experienced this before, but I haven't run any methodical tests yet.

I have also heard items make potion sounds inappropriately. However that may be D2F-specific since that's the only place I noticed that.  I also can't remember what items made the sounds so I'll have to check.

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Any confirmed cases?

Yes as I said a white ring with poison damage, but only for the game session I found the ring in. The next time I loaded the game it had correct pickup sound.