Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

1 hour ago, Flix said:

The reported bug is that rings are making lightsaber sounds.

Hmm, you don't have the sufamily entry in the profilename  = "Weapon Lightsabre". You'll have to add saberstaff entries individually.

Edited by dimitrius154

I did.  All should be accounted for in EE.  9 1h and 7 2h.

type1         = 2778,
    type2         = 2788,
    type3         = 2790,
    type4         = 2791,
    type5         = 13458,
    type6         = 13603,
    type7         = 13604,
    type8         = 13605,
    type9         = 13606,
    type10        = 11550,
    type11        = 11551,
    type12        = 11552,
    type13        = 11553,
    type14        = 11578,
    type15        = 11579,
    type16        = 11580,

40 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

there's some random component present.

The hero which got the item dropped was an unskilled testcharacter from the forum, it was a dryad. This means the toon was created before EE. Could that be an infuence?

The item in question dropped after upgrading to 3.0 though.

3 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Could that be an infuence?

Most assurably. I can't stress this enough: you don't use legacy characters in Sacred 2. Spells, that freeze casters, broken quests, mangled skeletons, distorted animations are to be expected.

Oh then I'm sorry for having caused the headache. Didn't know that it can influence it even on the freshly dropped items front. Good that the puzzle has been solved. For any further testings I'll create new toons then.

Thanks for the link. I didn't realize anyone tried to do that before SuperSpawn.  Well, there was a spawn editor out there at one point but it only worked with CM 1.30 and the creator took down all her stuff.

Anyway, just use SuperSpawn that comes with EE.  It's the same idea, just increasing mob density.  The difference is my mods are guaranteed to be compatible.  That thread is from 2009, so is built on an ancient version of the game.  Would cause all kinds of issues.

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

Thanks for the link. I didn't realize anyone tried to do that before SuperSpawn.  Well, there was a spawn editor out there at one point but it only worked with CM 1.30 and the creator took down all her stuff.

Anyway, just use SuperSpawn that comes with EE.  It's the same idea, just increasing mob density.  The difference is my mods are guaranteed to be compatible.  That thread is from 2009, so is built on an ancient version of the game.  Would cause all kinds of issues.

I'm sure there would be problems galore with that one!! I have used it before with CM 1.50, worked good. I did get an incompatibility warning when I tried to Enable SuperSpawn though. What's your thoughts on that?

24 minutes ago, Flix said:

Not to worry. Overwrite warnings are to be expected when the folders and/or files overlap.  In this case, spawn.txt from SuperSpawn is overwriting the CORE EE spawn.txt.  The mod enabler isn't smart enough to know if they're truly compatible, so it gives you a generic overwrite warning.

The only is result is the mod enabler makes you uninstall in reverse order - you will see CORE EE greyed out in the list until SuperSpawn is uninstalled.

I was thinking your first paragraph. I've always been a fan of straight answers, which is common on this site. Thank you!!

• Appreciation 1

Looking at the Itemnames.csv that comes with your EE mod and comparing it with the german version, I've seen that that the numbers (1,2,3) differ in various places. What do these numbers refer to?

I'd also propose minor changes for the german Itemnames.csv (if possible):

NGCLF_BRACERS_TENERGY;Scarthinarmschienen,2;Scarthinunterarmschützer,2;Scarthinellbogenschützer,2

NGCLF_RECURVEBOW;Recurvebogen,1;Schwerer Recurvebogen,1;Verstärkter Recurvebogen,1

These names should be written together, which would also be in line with the other itemname files

NGCLF_WHIP;Peitsche,2;Karbatsche,2;Jadgpeitsche,2

Just for the sake of not repeating the first entry again.

• Like! 1

I have uploaded the corrected version of the german Itemnames.csv to Google Drive.

Link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RSETPY8d6wYg_QbmMUBXRsnuG8C8jUCE/view?usp=sharing

After some brief play testing with all 7 chars I have also made some minor chnages to the german global.res as to skills/mods description, I.e. changing 'Blizzard' into 'Schneesturm', 'Skelettturm' into 'Knochenturm' and 'Tornado' into 'Wirbelwind' to be consistent and did some minor changes to the wording of others.

Most notably I changed the english button names 'Single Player', 'Multiplayer', 'Specials' in the main menu into their german counterparts.

I have re-uploded the changed files now and additionally uploaded an encoded version of the german global.res file for testing with the game.

Link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ks7rc_c2zxn9pI-ahgAz3XdraPYSgLaz/view?usp=sharing

Edited by jwiz

hi I have a problem translating on the latest version of the mod. half of the items are translated and half of the translated items are mixed (half of the English, half of the Russian items) is there some kind of bug fix?

17 hours ago, jwiz said:

I have re-uploded the changed files now and additionally uploaded an encoded version of the german global.res file for testing with the game.

Link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ks7rc_c2zxn9pI-ahgAz3XdraPYSgLaz/view?usp=sharing

Thanks, can you remind me if that's Alt. Spells or the CORE texts?  I need to know which texts I additionally need to edit with your changes.

2 hours ago, MeGoGo said:

hi I have a problem translating on the latest version of the mod. half of the items are translated and half of the translated items are mixed (half of the English, half of the Russian items) is there some kind of bug fix?

What language are the menu items, dialogues, and quest entries?

It sounds like there is an English itemnames.csv installed which would make no sense unless your game language was set to English.  Only the English localization in EE has that file.

14 minutes ago, Flix said:

Thanks, can you remind me if that's Alt. Spells or the CORE texts?  I need to know which texts I additionally need to edit with your changes.

It was made for S2Core + Alt. Spells

3 hours ago, jwiz said:

It was made for S2Core + Alt. Spells

Alright.  It's one or the other.  Looks like Alt. Spells so I'll have to copy your changes into the CORE texts.  Actually it might be easier if I copy the original strings into your altered file, cause it looks like you changed a lot of strings.  

Sorry to be imprecise.

I meant the I took the globals.res after installing S2Core and Alt. Spells mod.

I think I made changes to abt. 1800 strings of abt. 55,000 strings in total, so I guess it would be easier to include the alterations into the general file.

In menu and another (dialogs, settings and quests as well) I have russian. But only items in inventory (oh sry, not only in inventory, when u move the cursor on that items it doesnt work). So its like first name of item write on English and then its write on russian... I noticed this bug only in new version 3.0a. So its only with items.... 

23 minutes ago, jwiz said:

Sorry to be imprecise.

I meant the I took the globals.res after installing S2Core and Alt. Spells mod.

I think I made changes to abt. 1800 strings of abt. 55,000 strings in total, so I guess it would be easier to include the alterations into the general file.

Gotcha. So the way it works is that Alt. Spells completely overwrites the CORE texts with its own global.res.  This file is the same in every way except for the changed spell titles, descriptions, and modifications.  So at all times, two versions of global texts must be maintained for each localization.  I will have use yours as a base and paste in all the CORE strings.

4 minutes ago, MeGoGo said:

In menu and another (dialogs, settings and quests as well) I have russian. But only items in inventory (oh sry, not only in inventory, when u move the cursor on that items it doesnt work). So its like first name of item write on English and then its write on russian... I noticed this bug only in new version 3.0a. So its only with items.... 

Ok. So it's not the global.res file.  It's itemnames.csv and possibly some others in the locale folder.  Since EE doesn't touch those files at all I can't see how it could be causing the issue.  Can you look the game folder in locale/ru_RU and open the .csv files in there and tell me if they are in Russian?

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Gotcha. So the way it works is that Alt. Spells completely overwrites the CORE texts with its own global.res.  This file is the same in every way except for the changed spell titles, descriptions, and modifications.  So at all times, two versions of global texts must be maintained for each localization.  I will have use yours as a base and paste in all the CORE strings.

Ok. So it's not the global.res file.  It's itemnames.csv and possibly some others in the locale folder.  Since EE doesn't touch those files at all I can't see how it could be causing the issue.  Can you look the game folder in locale/ru_RU and open the .csv files in there and tell me if they are in Russian?

Ok, I'll do it tomorrow (dont have my laptop there)

3 hours ago, Flix said:

I jsut nocticed upon getting to Hugard on the Mount Island that there is an error in the below string resource. the closing bracket after the first

"Mir egal!<br><br>" was missing.

As I have not touched that resource, it probably was missing there already.

P.S.

I've just looked into the german global.res provided with S2EE v3.0 from 9th Dec. 2020 and the bracket is missing there too.

P.P.S

Win10 just now decided that the S2rw.exe contains a virus. Damn it.

4196750956    Ok, du würdig. Kannst Tier kaufen! Aber nicht jetzt. Komm später! Hab dich beobachtet und Hugard weiß jetzt welches Tier für dich und welches nicht. Andere gibt's für dich nicht! Nimm's oder geh. Mir egal!<br><br>Sie wollen wirklich starke Montierung? Du gehst zu Priest im Dschungel. Er hat den stärksten von allen! Aber du überlebst nie.

Edited by jwiz