Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

No rush, make all the corrections you need to. Just please make sure it's the same link that I'm accessing to pull the files (or that it's obvious what's current).

I probably won't be releasing 3.1 until I finish the next iteration of D2F, which is in the works now. 

On 1/22/2021 at 10:23 PM, Lindor said:

The hero which got the item dropped was an unskilled testcharacter from the forum, it was a dryad. This means the toon was created before EE. Could that be an infuence?

The item in question dropped after upgrading to 3.0 though.

I had that issue too in the inventory.

After I picking up a 2H lightsabre with my newly 3.0 created temple guardian,  when I clicked on a ring and a bow in the inventory, both played the lightsabre sound.

Maybe I messed up something during the update even though I did it by the book. Hadn't come across that issue again since.

P.S.

the temple guardian was a 3.0 creation and it happened playing it with the 3.0a update.

Edited by jwiz
12 hours ago, Flix said:

No rush, make all the corrections you need to. Just please make sure it's the same link that I'm accessing to pull the files (or that it's obvious what's current).

I probably won't be releasing 3.1 until I finish the next iteration of D2F, which is in the works now. 

Updated the files.

Seems to have been the only ocurrance of a missing bracket.

Changed 2 other strings I found from <BR> to <br> as I dont know if the parser may stumble on those.

• Like! 1
17 hours ago, jwiz said:

P.P.S

Win10 just now decided that the S2rw.exe contains a virus. Damn it.

Btw, renaming the file to just S2rw.exe (from S2rw.v1.7.exe) solved the issue.

Seems Windows Defender all of a sudden got a bit finicky with file names after the last heuristics update.

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, jwiz said:

Seems Windows Defender all of a sudden got a bit finicky with file names after the last heuristics update

Or the reason may be a bit different. Let me tell you about 3DS Max 8. You know, the one with the most plugins to date. In Win 10, if you launch the 3dsmax.exe, you experience the content drop-down menu(the one, that can be called in a viewport by Right Mouse Click) "ghost bug"(effectively, the screen area the menu covers does not update unless the executable is terminated, very annoying). Howver launch the 3dsmax-copy.exe and, lo and behold, the bug is gone. Someones's been taking bribes from Autodesk.

35 minutes ago, MeGoGo said:

Good evening, I opened .csv file in locale and... Its english, all on english... Another files on russian, only itemnames.csv on english

Did you perform any kind of registry changes or other "hacks" to change the game's language?

I don't know how an English itemnames.csv could have made it in there otherwise.  The only Russian locale file distributed with EE is global.res.

Is the folder directory:  locale\ru_RU or locale\en_UK ?

9 hours ago, Flix said:

Did you perform any kind of registry changes or other "hacks" to change the game's language?

I don't know how an English itemnames.csv could have made it in there otherwise.  The only Russian locale file distributed with EE is global.res.

Is the folder directory:  locale\ru_RU or locale\en_UK ?

some steam guides about localization have "lifehacks" where u drop global.res from ru_RU to en_UK or just rename ru_RU into en_UK and delete original ones, cuz for someone ru_RU doesnt work.

From my own experience: if u run the game with both folders exists (ru_RU and en_UK) in "locale" game prefer the second, and if only ru_RU - all text gone, all buttons empty, etc. 

I guess that's what @MeGoGo did.

5 minutes ago, nerasw said:

some steam guides about localization have "lifehacks" where u drop global.res from ru_RU to en_UK or just rename ru_RU into en_UK and delete original ones, cuz for someone ru_RU doesnt work.

From my own experience: if u run the game with both folders exists (ru_RU and en_UK) in "locale" game prefer the second, and if only ru_RU - all text gone, all buttons empty, etc. 

I guess that's what @MeGoGo did.

Yes, I pasted files from RU-ru to EN-uk cuz language was English everywhere. I did anything wrong? How I can get russian itemnames.cvs?

22 minutes ago, MeGoGo said:

When it was 2.4 I did the same and all was working good... So, I did it with 3.0, but only items have this bug

all items in Eng now? or just part of them like: THROW_POTION*real item name* ?

can you make any screenshots?

On 1/26/2021 at 2:44 PM, jwiz said:

Updated the files.

Seems to have been the only ocurrance of a missing bracket.

Changed 2 other strings I found from <BR> to <br> as I dont know if the parser may stumble on those.

I've also uploaded a corrected german AppendBonus.csv file now, as it contained 2 further errors.

Here's the Link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GJt1NMkcXRv--99FmB50mwnnJzAcCnDE/view?usp=sharing

Edited by jwiz
8 hours ago, MeGoGo said:

When it was 2.4 I did the same and all was working good... So, I did it with 3.0, but only items have this bug

That's because itemnames.csv was not included in 2.4 but I added it to correct English names in 3.0. This file should not be copied into a Russian installation. 

To correct, first disable EE 3.0 CORE, then delete the itemnames.csv file from within the Mod's locale/en_UK folder.  Then reinstall the mod.  That should fix it.

After playing around with various chars, I've recently returned to my personal fav the dryad.

I like the changes from 2.4 (and 3.0) so far, but I'm still kind of dissatisfied with 'Goldenglade Touch'.

It seems somewhat 'meh' in comparison to most other skills and I've been looking into ways improve it.

Therefore I'd suggest to add "et_chance_reflect_stun" to the base skill at 25% or 30% chance and increase it by 0.3% (3) per rune level.

That way you'd end up with 85% or 90% stun immunity at rune level 200, which should be a good incentive to invest into this skill.

I also think that the stun immunity is in line with the general skill, though I would have prefered a 'reduced stun duration', but obviously that is not a viable skill modifier in Sacred 2.

(Personally, I have reduced the duration of the 'Goldenglade Touch' too from 45 sec to 30 sec with a cooldown of now 45 sec and adjusted the skill modifiers accordingly, but that is just me)

• Like! 1
58 minutes ago, jwiz said:

After playing around with various chars, I've recently returned to my personal fav the dryad.

I like the changes from 2.4 (and 3.0) so far, but I'm still kind of dissatisfied with 'Goldenglade Touch'.

It seems somewhat 'meh' in comparison to most other skills and I've been looking into ways improve it.

Therefore I'd suggest to add "et_chance_reflect_stun" to the base skill at 25% or 30% chance and increase it by 0.3% (3) per rune level.

That way you'd end up with 85% or 90% stun immunity at rune level 200, which should be a good incentive to invest into this skill.

I also think that the stun immunity is in line with the general skill, though I would have prefered a 'reduced stun duration', but obviously that is not a viable skill modifier in Sacred 2.

(Personally, I have reduced the duration of the 'Goldenglade Touch' too from 45 sec to 30 sec with a cooldown of now 45 sec and adjusted the skill modifiers accordingly, but that is just me)

Here are my personal thoughts on that (though nobody asked:D):

One of the two main reasons to levelup goldenglade touch for me was the willpower increase. It has double the scaling of grim resilience which is pretty insane. Normally a dryad has very low willpower, but with goldenglade touch and on higher levels she can become comparable to shadow warrior on wielding lightsabers.

Also healing before EE was suuuper super strong and after the nerf to potion spamming it would have become even stronger, together with the ancient bark healing the dryad became basically immune to anything that didn't one-hit her, so the nerf to the healing is certainly justified (although I kinda miss the insta refill hp bar:D). So this was the second reason for me.

After the healing nerf, I agree with the healing effect has become kinda "meh" and I like the idea of adding in something more useful so there's a reason to use the spell other than for a lightsaber dryad. Stun reflect fits in nicely since stun is not considered a detrimental magic effect and therefore the duration is not decreased by the willpower boost, yet as you said it completely fits the theme.

However taking level 200 as a basis for the balance is not a good idea. The only thing increasing the max spell level is the focus skill of the aspect, and since the increasing effect has a diminishing return it's almost impossible to reach a level 200 spell. With 200 runes read, focus mastery and things like runes socketed I think the maximum achievable CA level lays somewhere around 130, not completely sure but also not relevant because nobody sockets so much +CA level. For a good balance I always take level 100 spells as maximum, e.g. in my mod all temporary buff durations reach the cooldown duration at CA level 100, even if that means that for really dedicated players some spells are stackable because they'd need to sacrifice a lot to be able to achieve that.

For lets say a standard ranged dryad with nature weaver support however, keeping the goldenglade touch up would be still too much work for me even with stun reflect chance. The idea of temporary buffs is just somewhat annoying to me, it was super annoying before EE and even more annoying in Sacred 1. It became better with EEs longer durations and cooldowns but still. I'd personally just make it into a second buff of that aspect, then I'd use it.

Edited by Lindor
spelling mistake

Thanks for your input, I have posted that just to raise a bit of a discussion to see if others might think along the same lines about 'Goldenglade Touch' as I, I.e. that it currently needs a bit of additional work.

I have referenced the 200 rune level on a theoretical base only, as I'm aware that for all practical purposes you'd rather end up at abt. 65% chance of stun reflect (2 out of 3) which seems fine for me, considering that it isn't the main purpose of GT.

The willpower boost is why I choose it as a non-detrimental effect, as you correctly noticed.

Contrary to you though, I think turning it into a buff for conveniance purposes would make it 'too' convenient, as the Dryad is a bit of a left-click only char out of the box and Flix, as I see it, tried his best to remedy that somewhat with his alt spells.

15 hours ago, jwiz said:

Just curious, is it possible to get T-mutants have raised a level after their mutations?

Are you asking if that is something that is currently happening?  Or if it's a feature you want implemented?  Either way I don't see any way to intentionally cause that.  It's conceivable that when you enter an area, enemy levels are set, then when the creature mutates, it counts as a new spawn, so if you've leveled up since entering the area, the newly spawned T-Mutant will be higher level to match you.

50 minutes ago, Flix said:

Are you asking if that is something that is currently happening?  Or if it's a feature you want implemented?  Either way I don't see any way to intentionally cause that.  It's conceivable that when you enter an area, enemy levels are set, then when the creature mutates, it counts as a new spawn, so if you've leveled up since entering the area, the newly spawned T-Mutant will be higher level to match you.

I was indeed thinking of fooling around a bit with such a feature if possible.

I have been looking at the T-energy variants of chars but I havent found a possiblity to raise their spawn level.

I wonder though, how NPC enemies do it when spwaning their adds.

good evening, can you tell me why there are so many unused caves in the game? do some of them have hidden tasks or Easter eggs? (I remember on the island near Tir Lysia, there is a cave with cultists where the fisherman's murder is performed...but that's all)

On 2/4/2021 at 1:32 AM, jwiz said:

is it possible to get T-mutants have raised a level after their mutations?

Hostile entity levels are defined by the current sector creature level intervals, regardless of the creature type in question. Mutant level raise could be implemented, but the effort is counterproductive -  much work, meager gain. 

If mutants need to be upgraded(do they?), the effective way to do so is via creature boni.

2 hours ago, MeGoGo said:

good evening, can you tell me why there are so many unused caves in the game? do some of them have hidden tasks or Easter eggs? (I remember on the island near Tir Lysia, there is a cave with cultists where the fisherman's murder is performed...but that's all)

Some are used for various quests, others are just there to explore.  I tried to fill many of them with interesting creatures, bosses, and quests in my mod Diablo 2 Fallen.

12 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hostile entity levels are defined by the current sector creature level intervals, regardless of the creature type in question. Mutant level raise could be implemented, but the effort is counterproductive -  much work, meager gain. 

If mutants need to be upgraded(do they?), the effective way to do so is via creature boni.

Does the T-mutation act like a CA, I.e would the tokens 'et_summon_level / et_summon_mylevel' work with mutated creatures?