Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

On 12/13/2021 at 5:23 AM, rorschachrev said:

I fiddled with them a bit, got a GUI to appear with different assets, and then managed to crash the game after moving the windows around a little bit to see passed the assets. I expect it will be possible to alter the map. Some things may be a little too deep (like portal locations, etc) but I suspect that we can figure it out with more eyeballs on some minor success. If there is significant interest in this, I'll hit it with a debugger.

I noticed that the scripting language is LUA. It is possible to write LUA scripts that will print the content of other LUA scripts. For example, Script A calls "print contents of script B" and suddenly you are looking at the source code of script B. Has anyone done this with the packed files? I did this, and debugger options, on Grim Dawn which kicked off the modding community at launch (a demo texture replace, a demo inventory expander, etc) I was able to come up with a few things, including a bunch of extra debug commands that weren't documented. That game was also LUA scripts on top of C binaries. The LUA scripts were replaceable using some weird tricks, but I didn't go all the way on that game. The thing that I absolutely hated about Grim Dawn was the ablative damage formulas (If you had enough gear for any boss, you were damage immune. Otherwise you were dead.) I figured out that piece of code was deep in the C++ libraries and I couldn't change it (since I found the hooks all around it). I'd be happy to give Sacred 2 some more serious love.

I imagine this is something you may spark some interest in. As far as I am aware Dimitrius is the only one who has managed to modify the games code in any way and given there are always lots of opinions / discussion on whether changes are warranted or not, potentially opening up the game for others to make similar changes can only be a good thing.

On 12/12/2021 at 12:23 PM, rorschachrev said:

(Other users posted same bug with "Days Gone By") I think that the spawned creature may not be adjsuted for difficulty correctly in this case. In the other case (the crown quest?) the NPC seemed bugged.

I will fix Days Gone By in the next release. The current behavior is the result of trying to make him un-killable until he completed transforming into a ghost.  Instead he just becomes immortal.

What happens in By Order of the Crown?

On 12/12/2021 at 12:23 PM, rorschachrev said:

I expect it will be possible to alter the map.

We've had no luck thus far.  You can edit worldobjects.txt but it seems to have no effect.  I suspect it will remain this way until someone comes up with a way to edit the sector files.  Nor can portals be added, though hot air balloons can (not the physical object, but the map function). 

14 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

I imagine this is something you may spark some interest in. As far as I am aware Dimitrius is the only one who has managed to modify the games code in any way and given there are always lots of opinions / discussion on whether changes are warranted or not, potentially opening up the game for others to make similar changes can only be a good thing.

I think the game is great and the majority of changes would be balance related (to make it harder, like Flix has done), bug fixes (CE has done a great job), or quality of life issues (Like CE has half done). I'm curious if I can get the potion and buff timers onto a hotbar countdown, like modders did in Sacred 1 for buffs. I'm also interested in extending the map. The "sys exportmap" function, with its related GUI and windows that appear all over is something that directly relates to changing the map. I think it would be possible to add several large dungeons without editing the geometry or map functions in any way, by simply adding or overriding and entrance portal to a new zone. The "underground" -1 layer could be populated as well. My main reason for asking was to find out if anyone has spent time on this beforehand, and to follow in their bold footsteps before focusing on reworking existing things. One of the greatest math geniuses of the last 200 years worked in isolation and spent most of his life recreating existing things like calculus without any knowledge of the mathematics created by otehrs. I'd rather make progress! 

• 3 weeks later...

Can somebody tell me where the "Elite mount" vendor from the CM patch is in enhanced edition 3.0? He isnt at the temple in the jungle anymore.

nevermind, I found him, didnt know I had to unlock the base mount vendor every difficulty level first.

Edited by Raidz
  • Respect! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. Can I safely use your superspawn mod without EE mod? I am currently playing Addendum (mostly pandemonium mode) but sadly still not enough enemies on screen... oooh those were the times in Sacred 1...So many, So loud, so angry... so dead

44 minutes ago, Watchmaker said:

Hello. Can I safely use your superspawn mod without EE mod? I am currently playing Addendum (mostly pandemonium mode) but sadly still not enough enemies on screen... oooh those were the times in Sacred 1...So many, So loud, so angry... so dead

Hello! I'm sorry to say it will not work.  If you apply my SuperSpawn on top of Addendum because you will lose all of D's changes to spawn.txt.  It might even possibly crash the game if it tries to spawn EE enemies that don't exist in Addendum.

You may want to petition Dmitriy to make his own spawn increase for Addendum.  It's not difficult to increase spawns with a find/replace function in Notepad++.

• Thanks! 1
On 12/31/2021 at 8:21 AM, Raidz said:

Can somebody tell me where the "Elite mount" vendor from the CM patch is in enhanced edition 3.0? He isnt at the temple in the jungle anymore.

nevermind, I found him, didnt know I had to unlock the base mount vendor every difficulty level first.

Happy you found him, Raidz..its just not a good life without those mounts :D

Welcome to the forums!

:)

gogo

9 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Minor EE Bug I noticed:

This crow near Clearview is not lifting off the ground while flying. Followed her for like 10 mins.

O66K0BT.jpeg

maybe stomach ache, poor birdie

:lol:

gogo

• Haha 1

While observing my retextures for the inquisitor very closely I noticed something odd: At the beginning/end of each animation cycle the model freaks out for one frame. It's hardly visible at all, but it's there. Is it possible to get rid of that?

---

During and after being stunned, the "collect all" button doesn't work anymore until you move (it shows the circle and plays the sound but doesn't collect). Didn't test what happens when you quit and reload after being stunned without moving inbetween yet, might fix it, might break it till the next stun or might break it forever. Also didn't test it without EE and neither with other mods yet.

4 hours ago, Lindor said:

While observing my retextures for the inquisitor very closely I noticed something odd: At the beginning/end of each animation cycle the model freaks out for one frame. It's hardly visible at all, but it's there. Is it possible to get rid of that?

Animation blending times whatever changes from CM 1.60 perhaps?! I believe that it's hardcoded if so.

I tried the Purist Fixpack... and I miss too much from the EE. ^^ But it showed me that the SW had a run skill which could also heal him... besides running much faster through Ancaria. :O I really had forgotten that!

Now I want to start one with the original spells... are the "updates" on the combat arts included there or are those only with the alternate spell mod? I mean things linke skeletons getting more armor with Astral Lore or that the hitrange of Attack was enhanced. I like that, too... ^^

Edited by Roderick
On 1/19/2022 at 12:34 PM, Lindor said:

Maybe.  Might be some timing problem in the script.  But, his timings have plagued modders for a while. Not sure how much better they can get with the vertex animations.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:11 PM, Androdion said:

Animation blending times whatever changes from CM 1.60 perhaps?! I believe that it's hardcoded if so.

The Inquisitor wasn't subject to those, due to his animations being completely different.  In effect he always had 0 blending time.

15 hours ago, Roderick said:

Now I want to start one with the original spells... are the "updates" on the combat arts included there or are those only with the alternate spell mod?

Why on earth would I take the time to fix all the CA's and then selectively apply the fixes only to an optional module?  The change log states everything I've done in EE and delineates what changes are specific to Alternate Spells.  You rest assured that all changes are part of the CORE mod with the exception of swapping in the alternate CA's.

Alternate Spells is extremely lightweight and barely does anything compared to the CORE.

• Like! 1
13 hours ago, Flix said:

Why on earth would I take the time to fix all the CA's and then selectively apply the fixes only to an optional module?  The change log states everything I've done in EE and delineates what changes are specific to Alternate Spells.  You rest assured that all changes are part of the CORE mod with the exception of swapping in the alternate CA's.

Alternate Spells is extremely lightweight and barely does anything compared to the CORE.

I have almost no idea of modding and I have seen a lot of strange code in my life, so I thought asking might not be bad. xD Thanks for the info, I'll dig in! :)

• Appreciation 1
On 1/12/2022 at 6:32 AM, Flix said:

Hello! I'm sorry to say it will not work.  If you apply my SuperSpawn on top of Addendum because you will lose all of D's changes to spawn.txt.  It might even possibly crash the game if it tries to spawn EE enemies that don't exist in Addendum.

You may want to petition Dmitriy to make his own spawn increase for Addendum.  It's not difficult to increase spawns with a find/replace function in Notepad++.

BUG report:

1、High Elf Skills:【Blazing Tempest】 It will be invalid due to the influence of terrain, and the attack effect will be lost, resulting in no damage.

2、Some air-to-ground skills are disabled, such as: High Elf Skills【Incendiary Shower】Does not work indoors and in dungeons.

some confusing questions:

1、In the challenging difficulty MOD environment, some remote physical monsters and beast monsters deal more damage than other bosses and champions of the same level. It is very easy to kill players in seconds. I have learned various armor and resistance skills on bronze difficulty

2、Life Skill: The benefits of trading are much higher than perception. This will seriously reduce the interest in doing quests and killing monsters.

3、After the Bronze difficulty enters the Silver difficulty, the attributes and level of the task reward green equipment are lower than the level 5 of the player character, which makes the excellent rewards useless, making the game empty of difficulty and no fun.

Hope that clears up, thanks a lot. For your years of hard work, I and the many ARPG fans around me thank you very much. You are the hero of sacred 2, salute to you.

• Appreciation 1

@Flix

newSurface = {
  name         = "c_tinwora",
  texture0Name = "maps/weapons/1h/c_tinwora_d.tga",
  texture1Name = "maps/weapons/1h/c_tinwora_sg.tga",
  texture2Name = "maps/weapons/1h/c_tinwora_n.tga",
  texture3Name = "fx/blight_fx.tga",
  flags        = SURFACE_FLAG_TRANSPARENT,
  shader       = obj_d_s_b_mtllava,
}
mgr.surfCreate(newSurface);

Change that to

newSurface = {
  flags        = SURFACE_FLAG_OPAQUE,
}

Spoiler
On 10/22/2021 at 8:18 PM, LoneNightRaven said:

Hi, guys.
I'm currently very much enjoying a new run and I wanted to say thank You to Flix and others for putting so much time and effort into making it possible with the Enhanced Edition and the Community Patch. Thanks for the fantastic work.

Flix, If You don't mind, I have a few questions:
1. Can I use a character from Enhanced Edition 2.0 and continue in 3.0a without any issues?
2. Is Character Editor safe to use if I want to just edit combat art modifications?
3. Tinwora's Curse isn't displayed correctly for me. Is it on my end or not?
Only CM 1.6, Enhanced Edition 3.0a and a few minor mods are installed like font replacement. Unaffected by settings.
In character's hand and on the ground:

Screenshot - 22_10.jpg

Screenshot - 22_10 003.jpg

On 10/23/2021 at 5:32 AM, Flix said:

I think it looks ok on the ground, but not in the hand. Special shaders and FX usually aren't applied until the item is in-hand so there may be something going wrong there. I'll review the surface entries.  Do you have a damage converter socketed in the blue slot?

The bug exists indeoendently of dominazing damage type.
Seems like it existed since publication:

On 11/10/2020 at 12:06 AM, Flix said:

Tinwora's Curse

http://i.imgur.com/xbRrVxvt.jpg   

The suggested fix is tested by me and works fine.

On 1/21/2022 at 2:55 AM, Flix said:

The Inquisitor wasn't subject to those, due to his animations being completely different.  In effect he always had 0 blending time.

The entire trouble was due to the original Ascaron's decision to use vertex-animated models for the Inquisitor's robe parts, all for the sake of a few elaborate skirt weaves.

The end result was:

1. Uncontrollable blend-less animations with quite a few visual bugs.

2. Each animation file was a full-model worth in space used. Up to 900 KBytes per animation, with around 600 of them. I wonder, if the Inquisitor was the most prone to crashes in vanilla.

Edited by dimitrius154
19 hours ago, Lindor said:

@Flix

newSurface = {
  flags        = SURFACE_FLAG_TRANSPARENT,
}

Change that to

newSurface = {
  flags        = SURFACE_FLAG_OPAQUE,
}

Hide contents

The bug exists indeoendently of dominazing damage type.
Seems like it existed since publication:

The suggested fix is tested by me and works fine.

I looked at this a while back and it turns out there's no bug, it was just a weird screenshot from that guy.  The weapon looks like it's supposed to.

image.png.dc1328267d19d7bc9a5491182c362909.png

18 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The entire trouble was due to the original Ascaron's decision to use vertex-animated models for the Inquisitor's robe parts, all for the sake of a few elaborate skirt weaves.

Ah, but it gave us this classic though:

image.png

• Haha 1

On the german S2EE version, during Shadow Campaign main quest line when playing as the Inquisitor, after you brought Assim to the crone prince, the inquisitor's speech line "I've killed dragons and elementals, a scorpion isn't gonna stop me" or so (not word for word) comes one step too early, it should come after Assim told the prince he needs the Garganthropod blood and not before.

• Thanks! 1

I am white silver difficulty I started to play the game, when I play the kobold leader his grade level sync my and my character is a level 5, BOSS is level 2, is there any other BOSS, such as the werewolves and claw, claw and I am not physical level synchronization, they are a few level is lower than the level of my character I installed all free tasks, BUG is this game?

Besides, after I learned trading skills, things I buy in the store will become more and more expensive, such as blood bottles. This setting is unfriendly because the early pioneers have low levels and no money. After learning trading, I can't afford anything in the store. I hope to correct this setting

18 hours ago, mabo2135581688 said:

I am white silver difficulty I started to play the game, when I play the kobold leader his grade level sync my and my character is a level 5, BOSS is level 2, is there any other BOSS, such as the werewolves and claw, claw and I am not physical level synchronization, they are a few level is lower than the level of my character I installed all free tasks, BUG is this game?

My theory is that taskcreature levels are set when the game session is launched.  So it may be possible to outlevel them.

18 hours ago, mabo2135581688 said:

Besides, after I learned trading skills, things I buy in the store will become more and more expensive, such as blood bottles. This setting is unfriendly because the early pioneers have low levels and no money. After learning trading, I can't afford anything in the store. I hope to correct this setting

I'll look into it.