Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

I 'm playing it , my first times play this game . I kniow this game many years ago but forgotten it . now PC don't have any good games ( nier automata is good but I wait for bug fix patch ) , so I read about old good game . and now I'm here , play this game with awesome mods . I wonder do we have sacred 4 , I heard sacred 3 is a failed , bad game

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Jampula said:

Hi, I've been lurking here for a great while and really enjoying this mod.

Is it possible to install this on CM patch 1.60?

no please don't. They're not compatible. I have updated the mod but I still have to update all the translations. I should have it released in about a week.

Hey there! Thank you for your great mod - it's the reason I've decided to give this game a try again. Though I've faced a strange bug - when I try to talk to a merchant, the game crushes to menu with "Connection Lost" message. I see you've mentioned that the mod is not compatible with CM patch 1.60. Probably, that's the reason of that bug, right? Should I just wait till you update the mod then?

46 minutes ago, Marduk23 said:

Hey there! Thank you for your great mod - it's the reason I've decided to give this game a try again. Though I've faced a strange bug - when I try to talk to a merchant, the game crushes to menu with "Connection Lost" message. I see you've mentioned that the mod is not compatible with CM patch 1.60. Probably, that's the reason of that bug, right? Should I just wait till you update the mod then?

As Flix said (see below), the two are not compatible and should not be tried together. It's an interesting bug though. Can you replicate it with only the CM patch 1.60 installed or with Enhanced spells + CM 1.50?

4 hours ago, Flix said:

no please don't. They're not compatible. I have updated the mod but I still have to update all the translations. I should have it released in about a week.

Yeah, I turned the mod off and started a new game, everything was working fine. Tried a couple more times with new characters but any merchant leads to a crush so it should be related to the mod, I suppose. I also had Wardust Serious Textures on but I turned it off to see if exactly this mod was the problem.

Mod's not updated yet.  Expect crashes, freezing, corrupted saves, computers growing legs and chasing you down the hall, etc.

I wanted to do a simultaneous release but life doesn't always go how you planned...

• Haha 1

People keep reporting bugs and the patch keeps getting updated, which delays me being able to update and release any other mods based on it.  So no, there's no ETA.

On 2017-12-15 at 6:05 PM, Flix said:

Mod's not updated yet.  Expect crashes, freezing, corrupted saves, computers growing legs and chasing you down the hall, etc.

I wanted to do a simultaneous release but life doesn't always go how you planned...

That part  about the computer growing legs is quite the epic feature however... Flix you keep pulling out miracles for us 

?

Gogo

Ok, it's released.  Enhanced Spells has now morphed into Enhanced Edition, as the scope is much larger than just spells now.  For old fans of the mod, the first post has been updated with all the latest information.

For those with a more purist bent, there is also an "Original Spells" version you can choose, which provides all the changes from Enhanced Edition with all the vanilla combat arts in place (no replacements) and only minimal enhancements to the spells.

Parts of the old "Challenge Mode" are now built right into Enhanced Edition, particularly the boost to bosses and elite enemies.  The new Challenge Mode contains only an altered balance.txt, with numerous adjustments to increase difficulty - see first post/change log for full list.

There is also a whole new optional module called "SuperSpawn" which has significantly increased enemy spawn count.

y9XXU5Vt.jpg   lr8ZTcUt.jpg   1KWoYo5t.jpg

From the "Compatibility" section of the documentation:

• No previous versions or components of the old Enhanced Spells should be installed.
  • No mods that alter scripts will be compatible with S2EE. This includes: Diablo 2 Fallen, undressed Mods, Boss Arena, Age of Heroes, Survival Mod, Llama's Mod, Wardust's Mods
  • Mods that are known to be compatible: Music Mods, Interface Mods, Main Menu Mods, Reduced Fog, Elite Textures (either official or the unofficial "trimmed" version).
  • Like! 1

Thanks for the update! Enjoying the game now during my winter holidays.

I'd like to make a suggestion on Dragon Mage skills if you don't mind. Have you considered making it into a hybrid mage-warrior a bit more? Even though it's a mage class I always saw it more as a warrior and played it Sohei-style one guide on the forum suggests. So if you added one or two more weapon-based skills it would make the character more versitile, I think. Like turning the Elemental Strike skill into a splash damage one or a combo of strikes, for instance - Archangel Wrath has never seemed exciting to me anyway as there are energy weapons in the game that do the trick. Or maybe even turning the Dragon Strike skill into an actual strike of some sort as having a dragon flying over your head every few seconds seems a bit odd.

And one more thing about Dragon Berserk. I really like the changes you've implemented as it makes this skill more useful. But I feel like the form lacks some more skills of it's own to make it more exciting. I recall playing the first part of the game as Vampire and I really liked the shapeshift mechanic then. Maybe you could add something like fire breath and leap skills to the dragon form? Perhaps I'm mistaken, but it seems to me that it would not be too hard to code as you can take Furious Emblazer or original Fire Odem and Assailing Somersault as basis for those skills. It makes sense to me as the actual Dragon Form skill is gone from the mod.

Also, it seems to me that I have encountered a small bug. When I try to exchange runes having more than one of this kind prevents them from being put into the exchange slot. I haven't played the original game much to know if this problem is related to this mod, to the community patch or else. I don't have any other mods installed.

Edited by Marduk23
10 hours ago, rm3000 said:

You can simply split one rune into it's own place (shift-click) and then exchange the rune.

Thanks! Exactly what I thought, just couldn't figure out the key combination for splitting stacks.

Does this from survival  mode - 

Tougher Elite troops. Most Elite enemies are substantially tougher combatants, doing more damage and having much better chance at actually hitting the players, especially higher-level ones.

Slightly boosted bosses. Boss-grade enemies are slightly boosted in their fighting capability (around 20% overall) and they also are more accurate in their attacks and are more capable of actually hitting the players.

Boosted rewards - to compensate for the increase Bosses and Elite enemies will drop 50% more items and gold and will provide 100% more experience. Additionally, there is some more variety and more stuff to purchase from vendors compared to vanilla, even if you don't have the trading skill.

More pronounced difficulty scale. Enemies scale somewhat higher in difficulty as you progress along the quest line. Expect tougher resistance in endgame regions of Ancaria, while starter regions are pretty much vanilla but for the numbers.

- Is included in the challenge modе? Also what is the difference between original spells and enhanced once?

Tha nks in advance!

Edited by comer
2 hours ago, comer said:

Does this from survival  mode - 

Tougher Elite troops. Most Elite enemies are substantially tougher combatants, doing more damage and having much better chance at actually hitting the players, especially higher-level ones.

Slightly boosted bosses. Boss-grade enemies are slightly boosted in their fighting capability (around 20% overall) and they also are more accurate in their attacks and are more capable of actually hitting the players.

Boosted rewards - to compensate for the increase Bosses and Elite enemies will drop 50% more items and gold and will provide 100% more experience. Additionally, there is some more variety and more stuff to purchase from vendors compared to vanilla, even if you don't have the trading skill.

More pronounced difficulty scale. Enemies scale somewhat higher in difficulty as you progress along the quest line. Expect tougher resistance in endgame regions of Ancaria, while starter regions are pretty much vanilla but for the numbers.

- Is included in the challenge modе? Also what is the difference between original spells and enhanced once?

Tha nks in advance!

Most of that is in the base mod.  The difficulty scaling is in the Challenge Mode.  Survival Mod was not balanced, and had many script errors that resulted enemies getting bonuses multiple times.  

Original Spells = No spells are replaced, it's the entire original selection of spells.

Enhanced Spells = several spells are replaced with new ones for each character.  They're described in the first post of this thread.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Most of that is in the base mod.  The difficulty scaling is in the Challenge Mode.  Survival Mod was not balanced, and had many script errors that resulted enemies getting bonuses multiple times.  

Original Spells = No spells are replaced, it's the entire original selection of spells.

Enhanced Spells = several spells are replaced with new ones for each character.  They're described in the first post of this thread.

ok ty then what about this - Boosted rewards - to compensate for the increase Bosses and Elite enemies will drop 50% more items and gold and will provide 100% more experience. Additionally, there is some more variety and more stuff to purchase from vendors compared to vanilla, even if you don't have the trading skill. 
Is it still in the challenge mode?

1 hour ago, comer said:

ok ty then what about this - Boosted rewards - to compensate for the increase Bosses and Elite enemies will drop 50% more items and gold and will provide 100% more experience. Additionally, there is some more variety and more stuff to purchase from vendors compared to vanilla, even if you don't have the trading skill. 
Is it still in the challenge mode?

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Please forgive me for writing in Russian, I have very bad English!

Обнаружил ошибку, играя за Dragon Mage в облике Dragon Berserk. Игра вылетает на рабочий стол, когда активирован Protector. При этом не имеет значения активирован ли какой-нибудь другой бафф. Более того, когда используются (даже одновременно) Draconic Ally и Runes of Protection, такой ошибки не наблюдается. В обычном облике таких проблем так же не наблюдается.

In English (google translate): Found out a mistake, playing for Dragon Mage in the guise of Dragon Berserk. The game takes off to the desktop when the Protector is activated. It does not matter if any other buff is activated. Moreover, when using (even simultaneously) Draconic Ally and Runes of Protection, such an error is not observed. In the usual form of such problems are also not observed.

version: Sacred 2 Gold 2.65.2 + Community Patch 0160 + Enhanced Edition 2.0 (Enhanced Spells + Challenge Mode)

Without Challenge Mode: without changes

Sorry, this bug is also observed without Enhanced Edition 2.0

Theanks!

Edited by lordvampir
  • The title was changed to Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition
  • The topic was pinned