Flix

Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

The T-Energy Dragon has always been a bit moody, don't know why but sometimes it just seems to "stall" (at least without EE, haven't met him yet with EE turned on). Anyway when it bites it bites, you can rest assured.

I can appreciate all your hard work Flix, you've done so much for this game already. :)

• Like 1

Oh, didn't see your post before my edit. Yeah, he is behaving normally now. Well at least I think so because I teleported outa there ASAP since he almost one shotted me. Why he so mean? D:

Hey Flix, what are the differences between the standard spawn.txt and the one in Superspawn, other than the different values in spawn numbers? I assume you made changes because of the different types of creatures present in EE? If you'd be so kind as to give me some insight on that it'd be great. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Good evening,

I tried to find something specific in this topic, but I seemed to have missed it... or it actually wasn't mentioned. ^^

I am a huge fan of the Shadow Warrior and tried different things, recently the Shivering Miasma with the modifikation to lower enemy armor values. The testsubject has been a level 40 SW with Shivering Miasma on level 28 and the Nether Allegiance likewise on level 28. On silver difficulty I let those skeletons slay some Kobold Warriors in the elven region. They did some 350 to 380 points of damage. After that, the SW went close in and chilled some Kobold Warriors with the Shivering Miasma. The skeletons did 480 to 510 points of damage on them. That is about 40% more damage! Quite awesome mod! :viking:
I would like to ask what this armor-reduction is based on. The level of the Combat Art? Or is Astral Lore influencing it too? is there some formular to calculate it? I would realy like to have some more detailed values.

yours sincerely

Roderick

Edited by Roderick
I am not so good with english. At leats not as good as I want to be.

On 1/6/2019 at 12:28 PM, Androdion said:

Hey Flix, what are the differences between the standard spawn.txt and the one in Superspawn, other than the different values in spawn numbers? I assume you made changes because of the different types of creatures present in EE? If you'd be so kind as to give me some insight on that it'd be great. Thanks.

Hey!  Purely the density (amount of enemies) of each mob is increased (by a lot).  There is absolutely no difference from base EE mod otherwise.

If you mean EE vs. vanilla CM 1.60, and now that I reread, I think you do, it's only the following two lines from the changelog:

* More Dark Paladins now spawn in the Dark Army's ranks -- search {874, to find all such entries.
    * Elite Aracin and elite Ursacin can now spawn outside of quests -- search {1998, and {2007, to find all such entries.

For the former, they replaced a small amount of Dark Temple Knights (which already spawned in proliferation).  For the latter two, they were added onto the existing list of spawns in the Crystal Plane.

7 hours ago, Roderick said:

I would like to ask what this armor-reduction is based on. The level of the Combat Art? Or is Astral Lore influencing it too? is there some formular to calculate it? I would realy like to have some more detailed values.

Hello Roderick.  Yes, you are correct, the level of Shivering MIasma will increase the armor reduction effect.  As far as I know, no skills or modifiers will increase the effect, although if you wanted to test and report back, you might prove me wrong! 

Unfortunately I don't have the exact values of how the property progresses.  All I can give you is an approximation based on the entry from the script, "spells.txt":

entry3 = {"et_provo_target", 150, 10, 1, 42 },

The important values there are 150, 10.  I believe this translates to 15% + 1% per level more damage.  What this actually does is make enemies more prone to damage.  It functions like the opposite of the modifier Damage Mitigation +X%.

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Hello Roderick.  Yes, you are correct, the level of Shivering MIasma will increase the armor reduction effect.  As far as I know, no skills or modifiers will increase the effect, although if you wanted to test and report back, you might prove me wrong! 

Unfortunately I don't have the exact values of how the property progresses.  All I can give you is an approximation based on the entry from the script, "spells.txt":

entry3 = {"et_provo_target", 150, 10, 1, 42 },

The important values there are 150, 10.  I believe this translates to 15% + 1% per level more damage.  What this actually does is make enemies more prone to damage.  It functions like the opposite of the modifier Damage Mitigation +X%.

Hello Flix!

Thanks for your answer! 15% + 1% per would make 43% for this particular SW, which would perfectly fit the numbers.
Also, making them more prone to damage makes more sense than the text that their armor is reduced. Because the Kobold Warriors don't have ice armor, but the Shivering Miasma dealt 130 Damage to them, whilst doing only 85 per description.
That's AWESOME! I mean, this should work in addition to any other damage increase from skills and items, since it effects the enemy and isn't added to your own increases. :woot:

I surely don't _want_ to prove you wrong. :smile: I will just save up some skillpoint to raise Astral Focus 10 level at once and test again. But since those numbers you gave me hit perfectly, I think that is all to it... I mean, 15% + 1% per CA-level is strong enough I think. :D

yours sincerely
Roderick

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flix said:

Hey!  Purely the density (amount of enemies) of each mob is increased (by a lot).  There is absolutely no difference from base EE mod otherwise.

If you mean EE vs. vanilla CM 1.60, and now that I reread, I think you do, it's only the following two lines from the changelog:

* More Dark Paladins now spawn in the Dark Army's ranks -- search {874, to find all such entries.
    * Elite Aracin and elite Ursacin can now spawn outside of quests -- search {1998, and {2007, to find all such entries.

For the former, they replaced a small amount of Dark Temple Knights (which already spawned in proliferation).  For the latter two, they were added onto the existing list of spawns in the Crystal Plane.

That's it! Thanks a lot for the reply. :)

Went in after the Forest Guardian in Bronze (yes I'm playing in Bronze, sue me! :D) and it wasn't there. I went around the whole area and it just wasn't there to be found. Does it even spawn in Bronze, I mean it should right?

I don't know why he would be missing, he's one of a few bosses not even added to the game through scripts; he's added directly in the sector files, which I haven't touched for that area.

boss.jpg

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Went in after the Forest Guardian in Bronze (yes I'm playing in Bronze, sue me! :D) and it wasn't there. I went around the whole area and it just wasn't there to be found. Does it even spawn in Bronze, I mean it should right?

I think that's cool, breezing into the land of the Dryads in Bronze level. It's something that I have never done and I would imagine that it would be quite interesting. I have had that same thing happen as well, but in a different tier. The Forest Guardian was absent from that area altogether. It only happened once to my recollection, but it was puzzling, that's for certain. I went back in after closing out of the game and the raving, rampaging rooted rascal returned and with a vengeance.

7 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

I think that's cool, breezing into the land of the Dryads in Bronze level. It's something that I have never done and I would imagine that it would be quite interesting. I have had that same thing happen as well, but in a different tier. The Forest Guardian was absent from that area altogether. It only happened once to my recollection, but it was puzzling, that's for certain. I went back in after closing out of the game and the raving, rampaging rooted rascal returned and with a vengeance.

I thought that could be the case, but after a reload it's still not there which is odd. :mellow:

Anyway, why Bronze?! I'm pursuing a theory that Roderick put out on a Steam discussion we were having about power levelling, in that he said he rushed through Bronze with EE+Superspawn in order to be geared up for Silver at around level 40, keeping it easy because of the Bronze level cap and then rinse and repeat for Silver because now you're fully geared. And since I've had a few mishaps starting in Silver with EE+Superspawn I decided to give it a go and went back to basics. I had never played Bronze more than doing Ancaria Airlines and Feed the Poor to be honest! :D But ok the theory is sound and although the modifiers are what one would expect from the lowest difficulty level gearing up from scratch is more comfortable, with the added nuances that EE brings. Early 20-25 levels even in Bronze can be tricky if you get surrounded by several champions.

So that's that. No idea about the Forest Guardian and I'm playing the game again because it's fun again. I hope it lasts for a while.