Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

Here's a couple cosmetic changes I whipped up tonight. The summoned Temple Guardian and Minotaur got new skins.

The Sentinel Construct now looks more like he's the freshly created product of T-Energy technology.

whbltPp.jpgy3KNWiM.jpg

The Labyrinthine Warlord lives up to his namesake now. He looks raging.

J9eg3s8.jpgJLmMbQU.jpg

EDIT: One more quick update tonight. I wanted a green-skinned blood dryad summon, so the Priestess of Doom now looks a little less demon-ish.

Mbl6Ufy.jpg7ZS08px.jpg

These are gorgeous,

Well done,!

pretty dropped my jaw, really dense images... I thought I was looking at marvel panels for a sec!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

this is a great mod but I have a problem with Sublime Guardian.

she's naked. and doesnt really attack just follows me around.

anyone else with this problem or a solution?

The first question I'll ask is: do you have the Community Patch installed? If you don't that would explain why she's naked. The gear she's wearing was added in the CM Patch.

hey flix I was wondering about the kral's sustained beam that would have been an awesome spell for the dm but doesnt inflict any damages...what if we replace the fx anim file of the spell (maybe the magic wall one that is useless with your mod) with the kral's beam?

the game would find the damaging spellclass but also a replaced animation (there shouldnt be any issues if we set up the spell as archimede's beam).

I found the archimede's beam fx anim files in pak/graphics01.zip/hd/fx

I tried to delete/replace them with other .dds files in that folder and it actually works, the game doesnt crash and the animation changes (or disappears if I just delete the files).

if someone is interested in this I'd need some help in finding the kral's beam .dds anim file. I don't speak german and loads of the .dds files have generic names (I.e. lightning06.dds).

Well, it would be cool to get that spell working. I'll try to figure out what spell effects are being used. I'm away from my gaming computer right now, but I'll look into it when I get back home this week.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

The first question I'll ask is: do you have the Community Patch installed? If you don't that would explain why she's naked. The gear she's wearing was added in the CM Patch.

The first question I'll ask is: do you have the Community Patch installed? If you don't that would explain why she's naked. The gear she's wearing was added in the CM Patch

yes I have the CM patch installed and just to be sure I did a clean install of sacred 2 and only installed CM patch and your mod and she is still in her undies.

PS: sorry for dubble post.

Edited by Rayujin

I'm finding some really nice spells while looking for the kral's beam

1zox0ye.jpg

(the blue part of the animation is a residual of archimede's beam, I didn't remove it cause I'm just trying spells but it'd take a couple of secs)

btw the red ray in the screen is a sustained beam that deal damage so I'm kinda sure that we can get the kral's ray working if I find the right .dds file

I've tested sublime guardian and it works well for me. also a friend of mine tried it and everything was fine

Edited by Luthal
  • Like! 1

Ok well, I can't think of why the Sublime Guardian would be naked for some people and be armored in others. I'll check the blueprints. Maybe there's a level restriction on the equipment so she's unable to wear the gear at low levels.

How is her combat? Is she fighting for everyone, regardless of clothing?

I'm finding some really nice spells while looking for the kral's beam

btw the red ray in the screen is a sustained beam that deal damage so I'm kinda sure that we can get the kral's ray working if I find the right .dds file

This is the spell entry:

mgr.defineSpell( "boss_flyer_aufladen", {
	eiStateName = "cSpellCast",
	fxTypeCast = "",
	fxTypeSpell = "FX_FD_BLITZKETTE",
	fxTypeCastSpecial = "",
	duration = 10.000000,
	animType = "ANIM_TYPE_MAGICA",
	animTypeApproach = "",
	animTypeRide = "",
	animTypeSpecial = "",
	causesSpellDamage = 1,
	tokens = {
		entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 500, 0, 0, 8 },
		entry1 = {"et_hits_persec", 1000, 0, 0, 4 },
		entry2 = {"et_energy_load_all", 100, 10, 0, 9 },
		entry3 = {"et_life_heal_rel", 50, 1, 0, 9 },
	},
	fightDistance = 300.000000,
	aspect = "EA_ENEMY_ANY",
	cooldown = 10.000000,
	soundProfile = 0,
	cost_level = 50,
	cost_base = 50,
	focus_skill_name = "skill__enemy_focus",
	lore_skill_name = "skill__enemy_focus",
	spellClass = "cSpellGenericPulsedBoost",
	spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_effect_attack",
	sorting_rank = 0,
})

I hope that can give you some clues as to how to work with it. I tried everything I could think of, and the visual effect always vanished when I changed the spell class or spell control type to one that caused damage.

Edited by Flix

She's not fighting for me. I kind of like it, it's nice to have a traveling companion walking around in her underwear. She's got a nice body and she's not too modest to show it off :)

She's not fighting for me. I kind of like it, it's nice to have a traveling companion walking around in her underwear. She's got a nice body and she's not too modest to show it off :)

What's your character level and combat art level?

Ok, figured it out. She was only lazy and naked for my brand new character. She gained armor and started fighting alongside me as low as level 15, even without investing any points in that combat art. That makes total sense to me, it hadn't dawned on me "Duh! In order for my companion to be able to wear the set armor, I myself have to be leveled high enough to wear it".

Ugh that's irritating. I wonder if all the new companions that have equipment will be without it at low levels. I will probably have to edit blueprint.txt and lower the armors' minimum levels to 1. That will be a pain, because blueprint.txt is heavily edited for the Item Mod. I'd have to make two versions of the mod, one for people without the Items Mod and one for those who use it. :wacko:

She's the only one I've noticed that behaves like that, but then again the Seraphim and the Shadow Warrior are the only two that I made new characters for to try the mod out with. Editing sounds like a major pain in the butt. Personally, I like things the way they are. This might sound stupid, but having her companion start out in her underwear made me feel like I was traveling alongside someone who was learning and developing with me, not just a soulless, mindless meat puppet.

• Like! 1

I'm about to test all the summons at level 1 and see what's functional.

Editing sounds like a major pain in the butt.

Really, it was super easy to change her equipment blueprints. I just had to change the level requirements from 15 to 1. The pain in the butt will be figuring out if and how I want to maintain two versions of the mod.

Personally, I like things the way they are. This might sound stupid, but having her companion start out in her underwear made me feel like I was traveling alongside someone who was learning and developing with me, not just a soulless, mindless meat puppet.

While I appreciate the idea of an evolving summon, having her with no armor or weapons and being basically useless for 15 levels just isn't up to the level of quality I want.

I totally understand, boss, I just didn't want to give the impression of some dink frantically waving his hands in the air, whimpering "Flix, this doesn't work right, fix it!!!!". You're a busy guy with a life outside of modding, I totally respect that and appreciate anything you do for us, even if it needs a little tinkering now and then.

• Like! 1

That's fine man, right now I want everyone to tell me about what's going right/wrong with the features of the mod. You guys right now are my testers, and the only way the mod can become top-notch is if I know about what needs to be tinkered with. :thumbsup:

• Like! 1

Just some quick updates on what I've been doing with the mod:

• Fixed Shivering Miasma not causing damage. Thanks Luthal for the help! Now that it works, I see there was too much damage on the spell. I wanted the damage to be more along the lines of Incandescent Skin, not Icy Evanescence. So the damage is lowered somewhat for next version.
  • I've tried everything I can think of with the Labyrinthine Warlord and Priestess of Doom not expiring after a time period. Since it seems the only way to have them as functional minions is for them to be permanent, permanent buffs they shall be. It's not ideal, but I think it's the best solution. Maybe having to make strategic choices between buffs will be a good and interesting thing for gameplay. I only hope the new buffs offer enough (but not too much) so players will use them.
  • With this in mind, I've reworked some of the bonuses of the new summon buffs. The Sentinel Construct now has a modification that lowers the Temple Guardian's regeneration times. The modification that summons a third Protector is changed to one that lowers the regen penalty from the buff. The Sublime Guardian now has full gear starting at level 1, and can cast Instill Belief on enemies.
  • The Draconic Ally now has functional offensive spells. Basically he was missing a "template creature ID" that was making him very weak. Now that he's powered up, I've reduced his health regeneration and reduced his spells to only Fireball and Blazing Tempest. I feel the trade-off for having a Familiar that both buffs the DM and fights is that he can be killed, unlike the old Familiar, which didn't fight but was immortal.

I'm working on balancing the Dragon Berserk now.

• Like! 1

Cheers for the up-date. Hopefully soon I will find time to come back to play Sacred and also adjust your mod to my other mods so that I can give it a try. Anyway, keep up your good work!

• Like! 1

I finally managed to balance the Dragon Berserk. The Dragon Berserk now has scaling multi-channel damage mitigation, extra base fire and physical armor, and scaling bonuses to attack, defense, armor, and health.

At the beginning, his raw power is a bit higher than vanilla Ice & Blood, but lower than with the CM Patch 1.40. The main thing keeping him from being OP in early levels is a shorter duration, and a nerfed extension of duration from hits. However, the power scales much better now, so he will be viable all the way to endgame.

I removed the two Frenzy modifications (that makes hits add to duration of the form) and replaced them with modifications that add to armor % and damage %. The Concentration mod no longer increases duration but adds a chance opponents cannot evade attacks.

The bonus of Life Leech % from the Steal Life mod (added by CM Patch) is changed back to flat Life Leeched per Hit, and scales better with CA level. LL % was moved to the Lacerate CA. Lacerate now has a scaling chance for deep wounds, double hit, stun, and splash damage. The damage, attack, and bleeding chance are lower initially but scale much better now.

Blood Frenzy now has a higher wounded threshold. I cut the cooldown in half and lowered the duration by 4 seconds. The attack speed bonus is higher, and the spell now grants a chance to disregard armor and a chance to reflect close combat.

I also tried to do something for the Horse CA's:

Leap now has a scaling 50% chance to break roots, and will slow movement speed of enemies at the starting location.

Charge now buffs the rider with defense, damage mitigation, and light healing during the charge. The charge damage also scales better and can hurl enemies away.

Rear Up now has better damage scaling and can hurl enemies away. It also now has a scaling 40% chance for bleeding damage.

I probably won't change the horse icons.

• Like! 1

Ok, well I think I've done everything on my to-do list for the mod now. I'll continue trying to see if I can encode more spell properties into the tooltips.

I just realized I shouldn't have to make two versions of this mod. The Items Mod is integrated into the next CM Patch anyway, so I'll just wait until the next CM Patch release (which should be soon) to do the final Enhanced Spells Release. In the meantime I'll just keep playing it and see if any more issues get reported.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if we can restore the wood elf multiple shot from sacred 1 as a dryad ca...or even the penetrating arrow.

I'm trying maxangle_cone + missile_count to make the first one and target_seeker + chance_piercing 1000 for the other but it seems a bit buggy...

p.s. after a vacation I started to search the kral's beam anim once again and I think I'm pretty close to find it. some tests headed me to think that its location is pak/graphics01.zip/hq/fx

• Like! 1

I gave a look to the summoning spells. they cant work cause of the spellclass; you're using a buff spellclass and since a buff doesnt expire the minion wont disappear. we should use a temporary summon spellclass.

unfortunately the only ca that works like this is doppelganger. if you set this the minion will be summoned and disappear as usual but he ll be invisible ;(

I don't think we can fix this unless we find the spellclasses definitions archive (which I believe is hard coded in the core files)

also I found the kral's beam fx file but for some reasons it s displayed far smaller than normal when I cast it as a damaging sustained beam (like a thin ray). I'm working on that

P.S. you may have made a little mistake with the focus_skill_name of labyrinthine warlord since it's in the hard combat aspect but you set tactical combat :)

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition
  • The topic was pinned