Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

@Flix Thats all I can think of right now. If nothing else comes up EE 2.3 should be compatible with the modmerge system out of the box. And the --//Overwrite really is only usefull if you changed something else than questcreature, questitem and createquest.

Damn.... thanks for all your work, that's a lot of text to write down. Oo

Can't wait to try out the new EE. I have no direct way to test the armor of the sekeletons. But I know they are breaking down on gold in dragonfire, so let's see wether they will be standing or not. ^^

First Feedback... my Shadow Warrior is at the entrance of the swamp and when I load him in 2.3, a little boy is attached to him with the name "Zaman". No Quest in the Questlog. If I load 2.2 again, the boy is gone.

And the armor of the Skeletons is unchanged to version 2.2.

EDIT: I made a video of loading the char in both versions to capture it. Strangely, the boy is gone now. And the skeletons do have exact 10 points of armor less. 25 read runes, 725 all armor in version 2.2 and 715 armor (and one skeleton less) in version 2.3.

Edited by Roderick
3 hours ago, Roderick said:

First Feedback... my Shadow Warrior is at the entrance of the swamp and when I load him in 2.3, a little boy is attached to him with the name "Zaman". No Quest in the Questlog. If I load 2.2 again, the boy is gone.

And the armor of the Skeletons is unchanged to version 2.2.

EDIT: I made a video of loading the char in both versions to capture it. Strangely, the boy is gone now. And the skeletons do have exact 10 points of armor less. 25 read runes, 725 all armor in version 2.2 and 715 armor (and one skeleton less) in version 2.3.

That's an age old bug that keeps reappearing.

Zaman is the runemaster's son from Sloeford.

He bugs out at times.

Edited by jwiz

Yes, it's like he says, Zaman likes to pop up unexpectedly. I've been experiencing it for as long as I've been playing Sacred.

As to the skeleton armor, I don't know why it should be reduced, I'll have to compare.

Hi jwiz and Flix!

I..... never had the bug with Zaman. Oo I am really confused now. xD

@Flix

Did I read the notes wrong? I expected the amount of armor to be doubled with 2.3?

"Nether Allegiance: "Elite Equipment" gold mod now gives 2x the previous armor bonus."

Or was it just in the background and the shown value lied until now?

EDIT: I got something... sorry, my fault. With going from EE 2.3 to 2.2 an item lost bonus to astral focus. So the CA dropped and so did the armor of the skeletons. The armor in both versions is equal, though I thought it would be doubled or at least a bit mor in 2.3.

Edited by Roderick

Alright. I could remember clear as day switching the spell token and seeing double the armor values.  Let me run some more tests.  Worst case scenario nothing has changed.

Ok, here is a side-by-side comparison of "et_summon_armor":

919398931_sacred22020-02-0422-56-30-05.thumb.jpg.ea0f89ed488648c4fffbbc4bac4a1e58.jpg

vs. "et_minion_armor_all":

1824700921_sacred22020-02-0422-53-48-50.thumb.jpg.8788e19a51476061ba117b5fe2ef9abd.jpg

The difference is dramatic than I remembered; it's more like 1/3 the value.

Hi Flix!

Have you tried it with the actual EE 2.3? From the pictures I can smell the debug mode, having all mods and 5 skeletons in both pictures, though 2.3 should have one less than 2.2. So I right now assume some changes haven't made it to 2.3.

I made short videos from loading the 2.2 Shadow Warrior and then loading him in 2.3 and the armor values aren't that drastical different, but the same. Unless this doubling to trippling effect occurs on higher levels of the combat art, I think 2.3 isn't working in this aspect right now.

I can upload the videos, if you want to see them.

Edited by Roderick

The files are the stock EE 2.3, direct from download.  The only difference is the character itself was hacked to add all 6 mods with save editor.  To rule that out, can you upload your savegame for your Shadow Warrior so I can load him in my game?

Videos aren't necessary where screenshots suffice.

9 hours ago, Roderick said:

Hi Flix!

Have you tried it with the actual EE 2.3? From the pictures I can smell the debug mode, having all mods and 5 skeletons in both pictures, though 2.3 should have one less than 2.2. So I right now assume some changes haven't made it to 2.3.

I made short videos from loading the 2.2 Shadow Warrior and then loading him in 2.3 and the armor values aren't that drastical different, but the same. Unless this doubling to trippling effect occurs on higher levels of the combat art, I think 2.3 isn't working in this aspect right now.

I can upload the videos, if you want to see them.

Hmm, just a thought, did you perchance use a modified spells.txt with S2EE 2.2 which may not have been updated with the 2.3 patch?

Hi there!

@jwiz

I don't mod a single point myself. I use Reduce Fog Mod, Enhanced Spells and Super Spawn, nothing more, nothing less.

@Flix

I attached two screenshots. You can recognize the 2.2 because of the ui and that the CA is only level 26,7 due to reduced item modifier. save, stats, latest and chest ... I put them all in since I don't know wether they belong to each other or not.

I am curious for any news. ^^

SW_2_3.jpg

SW_2_2.jpg

hero04.sacred2stats

latest

chest.sacred2chest

hero04.sacred2save

16 hours ago, Flix said:

Ok, here is a side-by-side comparison of "et_summon_armor":

vs. "et_minion_armor_all":

1824700921_sacred22020-02-0422-53-48-50.thumb.jpg.8788e19a51476061ba117b5fe2ef9abd.jpg

The difference is dramatic than I remembered; it's more like 1/3 the value.

mgr.defineSpell( "sk_ap_kohorte", {

tokens = {
        entry0 = {"et_minion_addreg", 0, 15, 0, 8 },
        entry1 = {"et_summon_level", 10, 10, 0, 8 },
        entry2 = {"et_summon_soldier", 2000, 588, 0, 8 },
        entry3 = {"et_addwalkspeed", 800, 0, 0, 72 },
        entry4 = {"et_minion_replenish", 975, 25, 0, 72 },
        entry5 = {"et_summon_soldier", 1000, 0, 1, 8 },                                 
        entry6 = {"et_summon_longsword", 0, 1770, 2, 8 },
        entry7 = {"et_summon_soldier", 1000, 0, 3, 8 },
        entry8 = {"et_summon_towershield", 0, 1771, 4, 8 },
        entry9 = {"et_summon_soldier", 1000, 0, 5, 8 },                    <------ why this new entry?  what about {"et_minion_replenish", 490, 10, 5, 72 } ?
        entry10 = {"et_minion_armor_all", 75, 55, 6, 72 },
    },

Edited by jwiz

It's replaced, intentionally, to allow an extra skeleton to be summoned, for those who had grown accustomed to having 5 soldiers.  Previously the extra one was "free" as I had simply added one to the default summoning in past versions of the mod.

It's in the change log.

11 hours ago, Roderick said:

I attached two screenshots. You can recognize the 2.2 because of the ui and that the CA is only level 26,7 due to reduced item modifier. save, stats, latest and chest ... I put them all in since I don't know wether they belong to each other or not.

I am curious for any news. ^^

Well I put that character through every test imaginable, but in every instance the value stayed the same.  I can only conclude that the two spell tokens have an identical effect, and my test characters had become corrupt somehow, resulting in that single display anomaly.  Even now I can still see the difference on him when switching the spell tokens.

So I suppose there was no bug to fix.

• Appreciation 1
5 hours ago, Flix said:

Well I put that character through every test imaginable, but in every instance the value stayed the same.  I can only conclude that the two spell tokens have an identical effect, and my test characters had become corrupt somehow, resulting in that single display anomaly.  Even now I can still see the difference on him when switching the spell tokens.

So I suppose there was no bug to fix.

Well.... happens. ^^ Good to have cleared that out. You need a new testchar! xD

• Like! 1

Made a quick hotfix for 2.3 just now that includes two changes listed in 2.3's change log that were accidentally excluded. If you grabbed 2.3 before Feb. 6 you'll want to re-download.

Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition 2.3b Hotfix Change Log:

•  The nerf to Gar'Colossus' energy shield mentioned in 2.3's change log is now included.
  •  The following Skills were inadvertantly omitted in 2.3's boost to single Skill item bonuses. This is now corrected.
    •     Combat Discipline
    •     Concentration
    •     Ancient Magic
    •     Tactics Lore
    •     Sword Weapons
    •     Magic Staves
    •     Pole Arms
    •     Speed Lore
    •     Damage Lore
    •     Toughness
    •     Combat Reflexes
    •     Spell Resistance
    •     Armor Lore
    •     Riding
    •     Blacksmith
    •     Divine Devotion
    •     Trading
    •     Magic Find
    •     Alchemy
  • Like! 1

I did a quick comparison on 'et_minion_armor_all' vs. 'et_summon_armor' with S2EE v2.3 and a newly created Shadow Warrior (Silver diff.) and found that 'et_minion_armor_all' gains the upper hand but not by a margin you'd expected from the patch notes.

Also both skill seems to skill quite differently from the Wiki or what you would expect form the spells.txt

SW (char level. 6) - minion_armor_all 75,55,6,72

sacred2_L1_char6_minion_armor_all_75_55_6_72.jpg.a18dc9e18bed3350154436333ff0ea06.jpg

SW (char level. 6) - summon_armor 75,55,6,72

(watch how the armor stars out with 65 as opposed to 75 with minion_armor_all, this is consistent with the Wiki)

sacred2_L1_char6_summon_armor_75_55_6_72.jpg.75dc3b35ea06d5145614698deabc55d6.jpg

Next I tried raising the first parameter of the spell, as it seemed to me to be a flat added value and not a percentage based one)

The armor bonus does indeed increase but with diminishing returns. Also 'summon_armor' clearly looses:

SW (char level. 6) - minion_armor_all 150,55,6,72

sacred2_L1_char6_minion_armor_all_150_55_6_72.jpg.ab584a5ac5f442d3e9f2d08a5f1977d4.jpg

SW (char level. 6) - summon_armor 150,55,6,72

sacred2_L1_char6_summon_armor_150_55_6_72.jpg.e907f8763b434d09835d330e0f066f6f.jpg

Then I levelled the Shadow Warrior up to char(soldier) level 10 still with Nether Allegiance on level. 1 and you see that for 'summon_armor' nothing changes but 'minion_armor_all' scales somewhat with the char/soldier level.

It seems to me that 'minion_armor_all' adds another 10 bonus armor every 5 char/soldier level.

SW (char level. 10) - minion_armor_all 75,55,6,72

sacred2_L1_char10_minion_armor_all_75_55_6_72.jpg.0f4577657f2be082f0862c6c34e13f82.jpg

SW (char level. 10) - summon_armor 75,55,6,72

sacred2_L1_char10_summon_armor_75_55_6_72.jpg.d27e1622d41fd723e20b1e3b170524cc.jpg

Next I maxed out the Nether Allegiance level. to 8 (not to possible level. 9, so that the stats wont show diminishing returns)

SW (char level. 10- NA level. 8) - minion_armor_all 75,55,6,72

sacred2_L8_char10__minion_armor_all_75_55_6_72.jpg.0aeaccc2abd21b5bcd5471c161b61118.jpg

SW (char level. 10- NA level. 8) - minion_armor_all 75,55,6,72

sacred2_L8_char10_summon_armor_75_55_6_72.jpg.f20ff5328355bc1bf6283124fb5c88c0.jpg

It is obvious that 'summon_armor' clearly looses that race as it basically scales as follows: 65 +25 +30 +25 +30 ...  (= avg. 27.5 bonus per CA level.)

Whereas 'minion_armor_all' scales like: 75 +30 +35 +30 +35 ... (= avg. 32.5 bonus per CA level. with an added 10 bonus per soldier(?) level.)

I'm at a loss how that relates to the Wiki, though strangely the avg. 27.5 bonus per CA level. on 'summon_armor' seems to be half the value of the 55 parameter.

It could also mean 5.5 points per damage mode = 5 x 5.5 = 27.5, or it could be just an accidental coincidence.

Edited by jwiz
  • Thanks! 1

Hmm..., interesting.

the 5.5 bons points x 5 (damage modes) on the 2nd parameter seems to work with "et_summon_armor'

This is what you get with:

SW (char level 6 - NA level 1) - 'summon_armor 75,65,6,72'

sacred2_L1_char6_summon_armor_75_65_6_72.jpg.095eba959dda0169c7c3ad609fff2806.jpg

SW (char level 6 - NA level 8) - 'summon_armor 75,65,6,72'

sacred2_L8_char10_summon_armor_75_65_6_72.jpg.8799f67fe8023ac7e8bb9c5069ea794d.jpg

Now 'summon_armor' scales like: 70 +30 +35 +30 +35 +30 +35 +30 = 295 (avg. 32.5 points per CA level, which equals  6.5 points x 5)

I'm at a loss though, why the base armor value raised from 65 to 70.

Edited by jwiz
51 minutes ago, jwiz said:

I did a quick comparison on 'et_minion_armor_all' vs. 'et_summon_armor' with S2EE v2.3 and a newly created Shadow Warrior (Silver diff.) and found that 'et_minion_armor_all' gains the upper hand but not by a margin you'd expected from the patch notes.

Thanks for contributing your findings.  I'm at a loss to explain these discrepancies, other than to speculate that the GUI is lying somehow.  I'm just going to leave the spell token as 'et_minion_armor_all' since at the worst case there is no change, and best case there is a boost to armor provided.

47 minutes ago, Flix said:

Thanks for contributing your findings.  I'm at a loss to explain these discrepancies, other than to speculate that the GUI is lying somehow.  I'm just going to leave the spell token as 'et_minion_armor_all' since at the worst case there is no change, and best case there is a boost to armor provided.

I would propose to keep 'et_summon_armor' as it is obvious to me that the devs didn't intend to scale it of the char/soldier level as well, but only of the CA level.

I just did some further testing and it confirmed my above suspicion that the 2nd parameter is the bonus points per each 5 damage modes.

So I would request to use the skill but with 100, 100, 6, 72 or 150, 100, 6, 72 params, which relates to a base armour bonus of 100/125 at CA level 1 and a bonus increase of 50 armor per each further CA level.

At CA level 200 that would mean an increased armor value of 10,000 which seems sufficient to me.

P.S.:

I don't think the GUI is really lying, I rather suspect that the skill was orignally intended to do as is in the Wiki, but then the devs realized that the armor scaling at +5,5% per each CA level would 'go through the roof' eventually and applied an internal hack to avoid that.

----

NA level 1 'et_summon_armor 100,100, 6, 72'

sacred2_L1_char10_summon_armor_100_100_6_72.jpg.6660334a69eb07bdca4674a3fffe642f.jpg

NA level 8 'et_summon_armor 100,100, 6, 72'

sacred2_L8_char10_summon_armor_100_100_6_72.jpg.4aecbec1bc2cd81a4ccaead92fd94de6.jpg

Edited by jwiz
2 hours ago, jwiz said:

I just did some further testing and it confirmed my above suspicion that the 2nd parameter is the bonus points per each 5 damage modes.

The first number is the base value. The second number is the increase per level. 

2 hours ago, jwiz said:

the devs realized that the armor scaling at +5,5% per each CA level would 'go through the roof' eventually and applied an internal hack to avoid that.

It's not percentage-based, it's a flat increase with each level.

2 hours ago, jwiz said:

I would propose to keep 'et_summon_armor' as it is obvious to me that the devs didn't intend to scale it of the char/soldier level as well, but only of the CA level.

It's not the level of skeletons that's affecting it.  That doesn't explain why Roderick's character shows identical values when switching between the two spell tokens.

I have solved the mystery.  Astral Lord Lore boosts the armor values of 'et_minion_armor_all' ; it does not affect 'et_summon_armor'.

Roderick's character did not have Astral Lord Lore, my Shadow Warrior did.  So my character wasn't corrupt. He simply had an influencing skill that Roderick's did not.  Adding Astral Lord Lore to Roderick's character boosted the armor values, but only when the spell token was 'et_minion_armor_all'.

This being the case, I'm going to leave it, as I like having more incentives to take aspect skills.  It may well be that the devs intended the vanilla behavior (but I doubt it), still I won't call it a bug fix.

The change log should for 2.3 should properly read: "Nether Allegiance: The armor bonus from Elite Equipment gold mod is now able to scale with the Astral Lord Lore skill."

@dimitrius154 @jwiz  @Roderick Thanks everyone for helping me figure this out.

53 minutes ago, Flix said:

It may well be that the devs intended the vanilla behavior (but I doubt it)

There's a function, that determines whether or not a token is affected by lore skills. I think, they've forgotten to include the token in question. So, it's a bug.

• Thanks! 1

Yep, seems to be that way as I was skilling Astral Focus + Lore on this test char too.

I wasn't aware that Roderick didn't skill Astral Lore on his char.

So it is a 'mere' oversight that the devs forgot to boost 'et_summon_armor' by Astral Lore.

P.S.:

I wonder if it will fail on the new Inquisitor's skill 'Harbinger of Death' skill with IN_underworld_lore too?

Edited by jwiz
  • Thanks! 1