Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

5 minutes ago, jwiz said:

Half the time she just stands in some corner in defensive stance and does literally nothing.

Interesting. A typical behaviour for a creature with a broken spell, or a spell, it has no animation for. Also typical for the non-Addendum doppelganger behaviour.

47 minutes ago, jwiz said:

Firstly, she has a severe skin problem and looks downright fugly and in urgent need of a skin retexture.

You're perfectly free to make and implement your own designs and I'll thank you not to so carelessly insult the hard work of forum members.  Or don't take the fire or poison forms, regular Battle Daemon is just as powerful.

48 minutes ago, jwiz said:

Would exchanging 'et_summon_soldier' with 'et_summon_officer'  imbue her with more readiness to attack or would it be just the same but with more hitpoints?

No it would have no effect on a single minion. It's only useful for groups.

49 minutes ago, jwiz said:

Thirdly, is it intended that her poison form gets half the value than her fire form, or am I reading the entires wrong?

You're reading it wrong.  Those values dictate which creature to summon.  The stats and abilities of the different forms are defined in creatures.txt.

51 minutes ago, jwiz said:

While I can get her movement speed up, I wonder if it is possible to alter her combat behaviour.

Best way will be to remove her combat arts from her creature entries. All she will do is swing swords in that case though. 

The creature entries are : "Spell_Demon_Succubus", "Spell_Demon_Succubus_fire", "Spell_Demon_Succubus_poison",

I'm assuming your have her aggro range set high and are directing her to attack enemies if needed?

• Respect! 1
55 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

A typical behaviour for a creature with a broken spell, or a spell, it has no animation for.

She's only got two spells and they both work, I see her cast them all the time:

entry0 = { "enemy_poisonnova" },
entry1 = { "enemy_whit_giftschlag" },

Her behavior should be hireling_brave as dictated by the "cSpellSkKohorte", spellclass.  I've made hireling_brave identical to hireling_brave_ex in EE to allow for CA use.

21 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, guess there's no anomalous behaviour noted then?

The only thing I can think is that I've mismanaged the cooldowns on her spells.

Poison Nova is set to 10s.  Poison hard hit is set to 2s.  She uses both, and also whacks enemies with her swords in between, but it's not consistent. It's as if she has take time to decide what to do.

18 minutes ago, Flix said:

She uses both, and also whacks enemies with her swords in between, but it's not consistent. It's as if she has take time to decide what to do.

There's a principal AI deficiency. Solution: a melee attack spell with no modifiers and a 1 sec cooldown. Should work.

• Thanks! 1
13 hours ago, Flix said:

You're perfectly free to make and implement your own designs and I'll thank you not to so carelessly insult the hard work of forum members.  Or don't take the fire or poison forms, regular Battle Daemon is just as powerful.

Sorry, no insult intended here, but rather jokingly said.

I should have inserted irony tags.

12 hours ago, Flix said:

The only thing I can think is that I've mismanaged the cooldowns on her spells.

Poison Nova is set to 10s.  Poison hard hit is set to 2s.  She uses both, and also whacks enemies with her swords in between, but it's not consistent. It's as if she has take time to decide what to do.

This is precisely what I'm experiencing.

I can see her use her spells and standing around 'half the time' is a slight exaggeration on my side ofc, but she stands around quite a lot seemingly waiting for the 'coin to drop' then she rushes in to attack further.

17 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Solution: a melee attack spell with no modifiers and a 1 sec cooldown. Should work.

Looks like we created just such a CA in CM 1.60:  "melee_attack_ca" 

@jwiz Will you kindly try out the attached creatures.txt file and let me know how the Daemon performs in battle now?  To install, just overwrite your creatures.txt in the scripts/server folder of your game install.  If you need to uninstall you can just disable the mod with the mod enabler and it will revert.

If this works I will roll out the change to the other new minions in Enhanced Spells.

creatures.txt

2 hours ago, Flix said:

Looks like we created just such a CA in CM 1.60:  "melee_attack_ca" 

@jwiz Will you kindly try out the attached creatures.txt file and let me know how the Daemon performs in battle now?  To install, just overwrite your creatures.txt in the scripts/server folder of your game install.  If you need to uninstall you can just disable the mod with the mod enabler and it will revert.

If this works I will roll out the change to the other new minions in Enhanced Spells.

creatures.txt

I have applied the new creatures.txt and played with the inquisitor for about 1 hour, respec'ing to from ranged weapon to sword fight to better see the Demoness do her work.

This is most definitively an improvement in the combat behaviour.

I have not seen her wait in defensive stance for any time but a few brief moments and even after she has cast her poison spell, she does not lag but follows through with her melee attack.

Occasionally, I have seen her getting confused and walk away from the fight.

This mainly happens when there is 2-3 enemies left and I am attacking them all at once with a sweeping strike.

There seems to be this AI combat behaviour that when I am attacking one of the enemies, she would turn on the remaining ones, but if I attack them all in one strike, she may get confused what to do next.

Also I have seen her walk away from a melee occasionally, when 1 or 2 of the enemies there walk away too, as is known to happen to enemy AI in the game.

It could well be that she was just targetting the leaving enemies and didnt follow through, because she 'thought' the fight was over.

During a map run she still lags behind the Inquisitor abt. 1/2 to 1 screen, so I raised the walk speed as below, to have her close the gap more quickly.

entry10 = {"et_addwalkspeed", 250, 15, 0, 72 },

I assume this alteration applies only to the poison/fire from (I.e. gold mod), which would be fine with me.

Altogether, a great amendment to the combat behaviour, many thanks for that.

Edited by jwiz
1 hour ago, jwiz said:

Altogether, a great amendment to the combat behaviour, many thanks for that.

Good to hear. I'll try it out with some of the other new minions.  It may also work well for Skeletal Mages in D2F.

1 hour ago, jwiz said:

I assume this alteration applies only to the poison/fire from (I.e. gold mod), which would be fine with me.

It's applied at the spell-level, so would apply to any and all minions/forms summoned by that spell. The increase is in line with that of the other summoned minions, which makes me wonder why I left hers in particular so low in the first place.

I'll work out a movement speed increase for a future release.

On 7/22/2014 at 12:15 AM, Flix said:

i2bHCL6.pngTangled Vine - Increased the range boost from the Encroach mod (from 2 to 3 meters)

May I ask how you did that?

is that in the spell.txt the,inside the: mgr.defineSpell( "dr_nm_wucherwurzel", {

entry9 = {"et_range_area", 200, 1, 5, 4 },

? 200 equals 2 meters? or is it correlated to the entry with the area value 50... and you put the modifier from 400% to 600%? This might be wrong but I just recently read these values in the wiki. Thanks for clarifying.

Edited by Guest
40 minutes ago, Thert said:

May I ask how you did that? 

Hello. This first post in this thread is woefully outdated as to what changes are current.  I am in the process of rectifying this, this very night in fact!  Your question is timely, because I came online to post the full change logs for Enhanced Edition.  

These are the files that document all changes vs. the base Community Patch 1.60.  In contrast to having change logs by each version, these documents are comprehensive, and only list what is current.

Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition Manual - This documents all changes in the entire mod (Original Spells module), as well as the optional modules.

Enhanced Spells Module - Since Enhanced Spells is identical to Original Spells in every way except for the combat arts, this document only lists the changes to combat arts that Enhanced Spells offers.

The first post in this thread should be updated by tomorrow.  :smile:

To answer your question, at one point the number was increased from 200 to 300, in exactly the line you posted.  I have since reverted it back, as a lot of changes I made in the early days were mindless buffs that made things overpowered.

• Appreciation 1
5 hours ago, Flix said:

Hello. This first post in this thread is woefully outdated as to what changes are current.  I am in the process of rectifying this, this very night in fact!  Your question is timely, because I came online to post the full change logs for Enhanced Edition.  

These are the files that document all changes vs. the base Community Patch 1.60.  In contrast to having change logs by each version, these documents are comprehensive, and only list what is current.

Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition Manual - This documents all changes in the entire mod (Original Spells module), as well as the optional modules.

Enhanced Spells Module - Since Enhanced Spells is identical to Original Spells in every way except for the combat arts, this document only lists the changes to combat arts that Enhanced Spells offers.

To answer your question, at one point the number was increased from 200 to 300, in exactly the line you posted.  I have since reverted it back, as a lot of changes I made in the early days were mindless buffs that made things overpowered.

incredibly nice. :resp:

Kuan's Breath: Will now affect higher level enemies. This solves the spell becoming useless once the player’s
Survival Bonus boosts enemy levels too far above the player.

That sounds extremely useful. How did you solve that?

is it this one:) ?

entry1 = {"et_summon_mylevel", 10, 3, 0, 4 },

? +3/10 per Giftlevel (which is  too few when it doesn't level with you properly - no divine divinity skill - even with skill it wouldnt suffice, omg - first time looking at this)

Edit: NVM I tested that.... found out what this formula means for each CA level (= divine gift level)... default values are really low.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-- some Feedback might as well:

Venomous Entrapment: New Combat Art (replaces Forest Flight). The Dryad sets a poisonous trap for her
enemies that damages any who pass over it. It seeks enemies and will slowly chase after them if they move.

I personally strongly disagree with removing that movement ability. It might not be overly used in Sacred2 (considering the engine), but it's still a world-game where you appreciate to be able to sometimes jump over stuff that is blocking you (or a river), in addition a ranged class having some kind of escape spell is always appropriate (you can also use it in a Combo escape+cast attack OR heal etc); the rooting on escape Imo was a good design by Ascaron. (not talking about its balance).

- A modification could have been to summon a  very short timed decoy when fleeing (or when arriving), to make it viable.

- Or if you really wanted that new trap - reminding of Sacred 1 :wow: , I would have suggested Converging DD with FF (casting DD where you leave and/or where you land, possibly as modification to cast it when landing/leaving in addition). Those fit together. You can then also just use FF on your current position to cast DD like usually. (balance of course would need to decrease the power a bit)

Generally replacing/removing existing skills that some players might fancy and possibly being part of the reason they play the game, I'd consider a strong modification rather than only an enhancement, Imo.

-- end of feedback/constructive criticism :drinks:

Scoll!

Edited by Guest
8 hours ago, Flix said:

Btw, is it possible to swap the skills of the Inquisitor?

To me it would seem more plausible if the ranged weapon attack skill would not be walled behind tactics lore and be the same level as the other weapons skills.

It would make more sense, I think, to unlock tactics lore after you have put 5 points into any of the melee/ranged weapon attacks.

3 hours ago, jwiz said:

It would make more sense, I think, to unlock tactics lore after you have put 5 points into any of the melee/ranged weapon attacks.

Dont you dare !

So @Flix I was playing with the Sakkara Demon for some time now, and its ok at best. The size of the demon means that its pathfinding is so horrible, that it hardly finds an opportunity to attack. A tree branch can block it, and even if it miracolously finds a spot to attack, the attacked mob literally only has to move 10 pixels and the pathfinding goes "How do I get there again ?" Now I get that the Sakkara demon is not supposed to be used offensively, but even though its defenses are great, it hardly aggros anything, due to not creating ... any aggro by not attacking.

Here are some things you might want to play around with.

• Drastically increase the melee attack range, so that the Sakkara Demon can basically attack over other mobs. Maybe give him a big lance or something, or just increase the standard attack range.
  • Dunno if Sacred 2 has this code, but think about adding a taunt CA for him.

1 hour ago, Charon117 said:

I was playing with the Sakkara Demon for some time now, and its ok at best.

I think it's kind of terrible honestly.  I like the idea of a temporary ally that's extremely powerful, but having to fight it afterwards is just awful.  I wonder if I could make it explode or something at the end of its duration.  That way I could really power it up and make it really deadly, without making the player deal with an insane, unrewarding boss fight afterwards.

Dunno if Sacred 2 has this code, but think about adding a taunt CA for him

The devs did script a Provoke CA for the Shadow Warrior that was disabled.  I tried activating it but the code didn't seem to work at all.

It looks so beautiful .. im almost crying

Can't thank you enough for the help getting this script cleaned up. D2F's version is even better, I also have all the bonus names commented in now.

mgr.addCreatureBonus( 848, { bonus = 20, intensity = 800,    }) -- Strength
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 848, { bonus = 21, intensity = 1200,   }) -- Dexterity
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 848, { bonus = 22, intensity = 1100,   }) -- Intelligence
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 848, { bonus = 23, intensity = 1000,   }) -- Stamina
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 848, { bonus = 24, intensity = 900,    }) -- Vitality
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 848, { bonus = 25, intensity = 1000,   }) -- Willpower
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 848, { bonus = 26, intensity = 200,    }) -- XP per kill
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 848, { bonus = 27, intensity = 300,    }) -- Physical Damage
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 848, { bonus = 28, intensity = 250,    }) -- Armor Physical

23 minutes ago, Flix said:

I think it's kind of terrible honestly.  I like the idea of a temporary ally that's extremely powerful, but having to fight it afterwards is just awful.  I wonder if I could make it explode or something at the end of its duration.  That way I could really power it up and make it really deadly, without making the player deal with an insane, unrewarding boss fight afterwards.

I think the battledemon has a lot of potential to be a very fun gameplay, but right now he is more akin to a pet, than battle support.

• If you increase the melee range he will become a lot more usefull, while changing nothing about the players fighting them.
  • Also I iam unsure on how powerful the demon really is. In challenge mode he does zero damage to me, and since I main ice damage its easy for me to banish him again.
  • I also dont think the "fighting" the demon is a real problem, as you can just run away, or tele to the next town, and leave him behind.
  • The bigger problem I have is that I can hardly tell when the demon becomes hostile, so you could brainstorm on that a little bit.
Edited by Charon117
28 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

I like the idea of a temporary ally that's extremely powerful, but having to fight it afterwards is just awful.

Yes, that concept makes the sixth Gift an obvious raw deal. That's why, along with Ker's concept revision, her Gift has undergone a radical change in the Addendum. Instead of summoning, a possession takes place - for the duration of the Gift, the caster morphs into a Sakkara.

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, Charon117 said:

I think the battledemon has a lot of potential to be a very fun gameplay, but right now he is more akin to a pet, than battle support.

• If you increase the melee range he will become a lot more usefull, while changing nothing about the players fighting them.
  • Also I iam unsure on how powerful the demon really is. In challenge mode he does zero damage to me, and since I main ice damage its easy for me to banish him again.
  • I also dont think the "fighting" the demon is a real problem, as you can just run away, or tele to the next town, and leave him behind.
  • The bigger problem I have is that I can hardly tell when the demon becomes hostile, so you could brainstorm on that a little bit.

Yes, it's a bit of a shame, that she is currently not that much of a battle support.

I tried to at least get more aggro on her by adding "et_minion_blame, 1000,0, 0,9" to the list, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

I don't know though, if 'et_minion_blame' needs to be an active mod to work.

Edited by jwiz
1 hour ago, jwiz said:

I don't know though, if 'et_minion_blame' needs to be an active mod to work.

The limiting factor tends to be the spellClass.  Many spell classes only accept certain spell tokens.

5 hours ago, Charon117 said:

I also dont think the "fighting" the demon is a real problem, as you can just run away, or tele to the next town, and leave him behind.

Yeah but then you have to kill it in order to summon another one. Or reload.

Also I iam unsure on how powerful the demon really is. In challenge mode he does zero damage to me,

He's not bad, what makes him suck seems to be an abysmal chance to hit.  I would slap a chance opponents cannot evade on there.

mgr.addCreatureBonus( 1713, { bonus = 20, intensity = 2500,  }) -- Strength
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 1713, { bonus = 21, intensity = 2000,  }) -- Dexterity
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 1713, { bonus = 22, intensity = 2000,  }) -- Intelligence
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 1713, { bonus = 23, intensity = 800,   }) -- Stamina
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 1713, { bonus = 24, intensity = 2000,  }) -- Vitality
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 1713, { bonus = 25, intensity = 1000,  }) -- Willpower
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 1713, { bonus = 27, intensity = 650,   }) -- Physical Damage
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 1713, { bonus = 28, intensity = 800,   }) -- Armor Physical
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 1713, { bonus = 40, intensity = 550,   }) -- Fire Damage
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 1713, { bonus = 43, intensity = 400,   }) -- Armor Poison
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 1713, { bonus = 44, intensity = 800,   }) -- Armor Magic
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 1713, { bonus = 45, intensity = 2000,  }) -- Armor Fire
mgr.addCreatureBonus( 1713, { bonus = 246, intensity = 1000, }) -- All Combat Arts

If you increase the melee range he will become a lot more usefull, while changing nothing about the players fighting them.

I'm only able to increase the range on weapons, not creatures themselves.  But even then it would be the range on every weapon of a certain type.  I might try giving him some spells, if his behavior supports spells.

@dimitrius154 Did you happen to discover what behavior the Sakkara Demon uses?  Is it a hard coded link between a certain behavior and the spellClass = "cSpellGodChaos", as with the other minion spells?

5 hours ago, Flix said:

Did you happen to discover what behavior the Sakkara Demon uses?

While the clock is ticking, he's "hireling_brave"(dumb melee, no spells), once time's out he's "enemy_warrior_elite"(can use offensive spells and ranged weapons) and his faction is switched to FACTION_GODSPELL. The mechanics is part of the "cSpellGodChaos" function set.  

• Thanks! 1
20 hours ago, Charon117 said:

If you increase the melee range he will become a lot more usefull,

There are two lines in creatureinfo.txt that I never noticed before: 

fightDistMin = 50,
  fightDistMax = 75,

These might actually have some effect like you were asking. I will test and find out.

10 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

While the clock is ticking, he's "hireling_brave"(dumb melee, no spells), once time's out he's "enemy_warrior_elite"(can use offensive spells and ranged weapons) and his faction is switched to FACTION_GODSPELL. The mechanics is part of the "cSpellGodChaos" function set.  

Thanks this actually gives me the idea to give him a self destruct spell. He wouldn't actually have the AI to use it until the timer expired.  Might change the godspell faction so that it's hostile to enemies and not the player as well.

1 minute ago, Flix said:

He wouldn't actually have the AI to use it until the timer expired. 

He was supposed to use spells, by the way, according to animations present. Yet, they've decided to go with a vanilla Chaos Dreadhought. Great choice, stupid extraordinaire.