Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

4 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, I think, I have a solution: h_firemonkey_magica_bh.GR2

Seems better!  A few collisions, but far fewer than before. Could be explained by very uneven terrain.

I think I'll keep the Eternal Fire as a third spell in its rotation.

28 minutes ago, Flix said:

Seems better!  A few collisions, but far fewer than before. Could be explained by very uneven terrain.

Ahh, good. By the way, dunno whether you're aware, but there're actually three Imp itemtype variants and the 'icemonkey' has wings attached.

Edited by dimitrius154
13 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Ahh, good. By the way, dunno whether you're aware, but there're actually three Imp itemtype variants and the 'icemonkey' has wings attached.

I saw.  The Frost Imp was restored in CM 1.60 (Crystal Plane region). 

I1pELdT.jpg

I believe the regular "Capuchin" is only currently only spawning in D2F (mutated somewhat into a Monkey Demon).

IZHTNBh.jpg

IIRC there were the rudiments of a kill quest scripted in the Crystal Plane region.  The player was ordered to kill 20 Capuchin monkeys or something similar.

• Like! 1
10 minutes ago, Flix said:

The Frost Imp was restored in CM 1.60 (Crystal Plane region).

Interesting. Never saw this model, post CM Patch 1.60.

11 minutes ago, Flix said:

IIRC there were the rudiments of a kill quest scripted in the Crystal Plane region.  The player was ordered to kill 20 Capuchin monkeys or something similar.

Hunting Fever, I guess. Might be worth to restore this one.

Good day everyone. Please excuse me if the asked question is not connected to the mod, but I didn't want to open a whole topic just for 1 small question and Flix was kind enough to answer my previous one regarding the Tangled Vine range increase, so I thought maybe this also has to do something with a tool-tip? 

So the question itself is again about the tangled vine - I have noticed that with an upgrade for increased duration, it says 2s + 0.3 per level (of the spell I assume), haven't payed attention to this before, but now I see that with each level it shows an increase of 0.1s instead. Not sure how to provide a screenshot if it's necessary though. Could it be just a tool-tip thing? As I understand the spell description gets updates based on the mods you take for it (the movement speed decrease on the Twisted Curse got update when I got the according mod for it, the bronze one).

2 hours ago, Archvile said:

So the question itself is again about the tangled vine - I have noticed that with an upgrade for increased duration, it says 2s + 0.3 per level (of the spell I assume), haven't payed attention to this before, but now I see that with each level it shows an increase of 0.1s instead. Not sure how to provide a screenshot if it's necessary though. Could it be just a tool-tip thing? As I understand the spell description gets updates based on the mods you take for it (the movement speed decrease on the Twisted Curse got update when I got the according mod for it, the bronze one).

It's a typo in the modification tooltip.  It's actually 2.0s + 0.03s per level.  So the 0.03 gets added to the base scaling of 0.05 for a total of 0.08s, this gets rounded up to 0.1s in the CA tooltip because it only supports one decimal place.  Hope that makes sense.  :smile:

Btw, modification tooltips:

I am currently testing Goldenglade Touch on the dryade and have seen that the golden mod "Diligence" tooltip says its 4 sec. enhances duration, whereas you put in 10 sec.

entry9 = {"et_duration_sec", 1000, 0, 6, 8 },

Also the bronze mod "Bandage" tooltip claims to raise the hp by 50 + 100*level, whereas you actually put in  5 + 10*level by mistake, I guess

entry5 = {"et_life_heal_hp", 50, 100, 2, 9 },

Frankly, I not a fan of the overly long duration of this new 'Goldenglade Touch'. In my opinion the spell duration should not go beyond 20-30 secs, so I've been dabbbling with the values and also tried replacing "et_life_heal_hp" with "et_life_heal_rel" or "et_life_heal_rel_st".

But try as I might, I can't get those 2 tokens to kick in, I.e. I don't see any healing effect apart from the base regen of the CA.

Do both of these token not scale with "Naturemagic_lore"? It almost seems so.

P.S.:

I also fused the silver mod "Amenity" (et_friendfactor") into the likewise golden mod as there is hardly any party play these days and any minions shouldn't need to rely on sharing my health regen buff.

Therefore I replaced that silver mod with a chance to reflect spells (et_chance_reflect_spell) as alternative to the sliver enhanced willpower mod. Maybe that is something you can take into consideration.

Edited by jwiz
  • Thanks! 1
21 minutes ago, jwiz said:

Btw, modification tooltips:

Thanks, tooltips will be fixed in 2.4.  Original spells added 4.0s duration to Goldenglade Touch, I copied the tooltip over to Enhanced without changing it.

22 minutes ago, jwiz said:

But try as I might, I can't get those 2 tokens to kick in

Not every spellClass supports every spell token.  Some have very short and specific lists (hard-coded).  That's probably what's happening here.

Looks good.  Should just note that this is from Dmitriy's mod.

My EE will have the little dragon pet for Familiar (Original Spells).

And Enhanced Spells has a somewhat larger Draconic Ally that uses the (now removed) Dragon Form skin.  It attacks with Blazing Tempest and Fireball.  He's a bit smaller now that he used to be, though not quite as small as Dmitriy's.  I just reduced his bounding box so he wouldn't get in the way so much in tight spaces.

While doing runs with the Inquisitor and the Dryad on the Seraphim's lava island and labyrinth, I have noticed that the 'wandering stone' enemies have a decent chance to stun you with their stone throws.

But it seems to me that only the normal ones appear to have that stun effect, while the elite version of the 'wandering stones' dont seems to stun at all.

Could there be a mix up of tokens?

As to the Dryad:

a) I'd suggest to remove the 'enmey_hurl' token on that 'Darting Assault'(multishot) CA, it should be only on 'Ravaged Impact' CA, as the name implies.

The 'Darting Assault' already can get penetration and a hurl makes not much sense on that.

b) the 'Ancient Bark' should come with some mititgation/damping for phys dot as well, to make up for the increased fire dot you are taking as well.

P.S.

the increased aggro range is really getting on my nerves, esp. the bow skellies in the Swap are a real pita now, resurrecting for the umptieh time and keeping to shoot you from offscreen.

Maybe that could be toned down a bit.

P.P.S

I'm not so sure that the 'slowly increasing missile' count on the 'Darting Assault' bronze mod is a good alternative to the 'increased any damage' bronze mod.

Generally, I think you want to have your CA regen as low as possible with Ravaged Imapct and Darting Assault, as this tends to turn out better than increasing the CA level, but as I lack a fully decked out test char, it might be just a conjecture.

Nevertheless, I think swapping the gold mod 'max cone' with it (maybe at reduced angle of only 120 deg) would play out better and as the gold mod you could just have 2 added missiles in opposition to the 50% (+%level inc.) pierce mod.

Btw, does the pierce chance roll for each individual projectile or is it rolled per hit? (I suppose the latter)

Edited by jwiz
  • Thanks! 1
16 hours ago, jwiz said:

While doing runs with the Inquisitor and the Dryad on the Seraphim's lava island and labyrinth, I have noticed that the 'wandering stone' enemies have a decent chance to stun you with their stone throws.

But it seems to me that only the normal ones appear to have that stun effect, while the elite version of the 'wandering stones' dont seems to stun at all.

Could there be a mix up of tokens?

I checked all bonuses to all the stone creatures; none of them have a Chance to Stun creature bonus.

I believe what is happening is that throwing stones (like all other weapons) have a small pool of base modifiers (list defined in typificaton.txt) that randomly spawn, even on junk-normal class items like most enemies use.

In this case, it's not the creatures, but the weapons they are using that randomly spawn with one of the following:

• Chance for Knockback (I should probably change this as I've tried to remove knockback from all enemy attacks to avoid perma-stun glitch).
  • Chance for Stun
  • Chance to Bypass Armor
11 hours ago, Flix said:

I checked all bonuses to all the stone creatures; none of them have a Chance to Stun creature bonus.

I believe what is happening is that throwing stones (like all other weapons) have a small pool of base modifiers (list defined in typificaton.txt) that randomly spawn, even on junk-normal class items like most enemies use.

In this case, it's not the creatures, but the weapons they are using that randomly spawn with one of the following:

• Chance for Knockback (I should probably change this as I've tried to remove knockback from all enemy attacks to avoid perma-stun glitch).
  • Chance for Stun
  • Chance to Bypass Armor 

Yep, I was afraid this might be it, as I have meanwhile looked into the creatures.txt too and have not seen any stun on these 'wandering stone' chars either.

I actually had a few encounters when I stumbled into a room full of these stone monsters (like about 8 or more) and got perma-stunned for several secs due to them all attacking me.

Strangely, I have not noticed this effect on the elite versions, but maybe that's because there are only few of them ever around.

Edited by jwiz
33 minutes ago, jwiz said:

Strangely, I have not noticed this effect on the elite versions

I can confirm Elite Stones can stun too (I have been clearly stun by one of them just recently) but it's funny to learn that it is in fact their weapons which are actually causing the stun and not the creatures themselves!

1 hour ago, jwiz said:

got perma-stunned for several secs due to them all attacking me.

After being stunned there is supposed to be a 4.5s stun immunity to prevent stun lock.

Knockback-caused perma-stun is rare and is just that: the player is permanently stunned until reloading.

I'll revise the bonuses that Throwing Stones spawn with.

I'm not actually sure all these stone creatures are supposed to be ranged.  Some of the names and behaviors indicate they're meant to be close combat units, with only a few of them providing ranged artillery support.

57 minutes ago, Flix said:

After being stunned there is supposed to be a 4.5s stun immunity to prevent stun lock.

Knockback-caused perma-stun is rare and is just that: the player is permanently stunned until reloading. 

Though I didnt count it, it felt like 4 secs. was the time that I got stun-locked after being attacked by those stone monsters.

It was a bit surprising because I didnt remember any such stun-lock from them prior to the EE installment.

I have been running the 'vanilla' CM-patch in the past.

While doing Seraphim test runs, I came upon this trader offer:

wrong_CA.thumb.jpg.7482c44c0d41aeeea990821096f92d70.jpg

Afaik, even with the EE mod the Inquisitor isn't able to equip bows, so Callous Execution should never roll on it.

• Thanks! 1
3 hours ago, jwiz said:

Afaik, even with the EE mod the Inquisitor isn't able to equip bows, so Callous Execution should never roll on it.

Thanks for the report.

Found the issue.  Rare recurve bows and rare blowguns have bonusgroup 582, "BGW_ranged_ew_magic"

I believe this issue is exclusive to EE and D2F.  Will revise the bonus to something else in the next release, probably an extra socket.

30 minutes ago, Flix said:

bonusgroup 582, "BGW_ranged_ew_magic"

Should not affect the char specific bonus selection, as the 'usagebits' entry's supposed to filter it. That it doesn't do the filtering for 'WEARGROUP_DEFAULT' is new to me.

Edited by dimitrius154
13 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Should not affect the char specific bonus selection, as the 'usagebits' entry's supposed to filter it. That it doesn't do the filtering for 'WEARGROUP_DEFAULT' is new to me.

If usagebit flags are supposed to filter it, could that be related to the problem with the CM patch that I noted quite some time ago, where the 'thoughness' skill rolled on default magic (blue) scale mail chests for the Dryad* even when she can't use that skill (unless the EE mod is installed as well)?

*) P.S.

I think that has ever been the case, at least since the addon.

Edited by jwiz

Looking up the 'toughness' bonus for creatures (359 acc. to the bonus list), I see:

newBonus = {
--  name = "sb_addskill_DEF_toughness",
  rating = 27,
  basedonskill = "SKILL_INVALID",
  type = "BONUS_SKILL",
  spez = "SKILL_TOUGHNESS",
  spez2 = "",
  usagebits = 65517,
  minconstraints = {1,1,0},
  difficultyvaluerange0 = {0,30,300},
  difficultyvaluerange1 = {1,45,375},
  difficultyvaluerange2 = {2,60,450},
  difficultyvaluerange3 = {3,75,525},
  difficultyvaluerange4 = {4,90,600},
}
mgr.createBonus(359, newBonus);

Assuming the usagebits flags are 65535 = 1111111111111111 then 65517 would be 1111111111101101.

As I dont know whic flag stands for which chat, I'd assume the above would mean not_Drayad and not_HighElf.

If that's the case, then the usagebits don't work properly on the aove stated default magic armor.

Edited by jwiz