Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

@Flix

First of all, thank you for releasing the Version 1.2^^

But I think we must translate something related to Shivering Miasma / Deathchill Aura...^^

You added the piercing the ice resistence mod to Miasma / Aura right ?

Which Mod will it be ?

Send me the line and I will translate it.

Because right now its not properly displayed in the German Translation.

Only the old translation with the Lower Enemy Armor and such is displayed right now.

Bottom Line :

What did you changed on Shivering Miasma / Deathchill Aura and can you send me the new english text or the old german translation and point out which line ( which mod ) make the piercing through ice resistence so I can translate it ?

@Flix

But I think we must translate something related to Shivering Miasma / Deathchill Aura...^^

Which Mod will it be ?

Only the old translation with the Lower Enemy Armor and such is displayed right now.

Bottom Line :

What did you changed on Shivering Miasma / Deathchill Aura and can you send me the new english text or the old german translation and point out which line ( which mod ) make the piercing through ice resistence so I can translate it ?

I did exactly what I said I would do, and that is change the way the modification worked, not the effect itself (so no need to change the description). Instead of using the "lower armor" spell token (which only works if enemies already have resistances), I changed it to the "prone" token, which can lower enemy resistances even if they don't have any (by making them more "sensitive" to damage).

Also, it's not ice-specific. It lowers enemy resistance to ALL damage. It's just like Icy Evanescence makes enemies more sensitive to ice damage, except it applies to all resistances. So really no need to change any text. :)

@Flix

Which Mod will it be ?

Bottom Line :

I did exactly what I said I would do, and that is change the way the modification worked, not the effect itself (so no need to change the description). Instead of using the "lower armor" spell token (which only works if enemies already have resistances), I changed it to the "prone" token, which can lower enemy resistances even if they don't have any (by making them more "sensitive" to damage).

Also, it's not ice-specific. It lowers enemy resistance to ALL damage. It's just like Icy Evanescence makes enemies more sensitive to ice damage, except it applies to all resistances. So really no need to change any text. :)

Now I get it. ^^

Sorry this was a little confusing....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fern Gally in the German Community asked me if you could make the Pets a little smaller or *Non-Solid* if they are not *Hardcoded* so he can walk right through them ?

Because he plays with the Dragon Mage and the Draconiy Ally and the 2 Protectors are blocking his way in narrow passages or caves.

In Vanilla Sacred 2 it was a nuisance with Pets and always deactivate and activate the Buffs were not so cool.

He likes your mod and this is the only thing which is a little troublesome in his opinion.

Edited by Shadowflare85

Yeah I saw that. "The maker of this mod obviously never played with pets." >_>

I can give instructions for how to make it smaller. It would be a do-it-yourself project.

1. Open creatures.txt in the mod folder (located in scripts/server)

2. Search for "New_Dragon_Companion"

3. See the line that says " modelscale = 0.200000, "

4. Reduce the number until the pet is small enough to satisfy you.

This can be done for every pet in the game.

Minotaur is "spell_summon_minotaur"

Blood Dryad Shaman is "spell_blooddryad_shaman_summon"

Sublime Guardian is "Seraphim_failitia_hireling"

Harbinger of Death is "Spell_Demon_BF_envoy_elite"

Temple Guardian is "Spell_BM_tg_fighter_elite"

Skeletons are "Spell_Kohorte_Soldier"

Elemental Protectors are "spell_dm_beschuetzer"

Fire demon is "Spell_firemonkey"

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Changing their model scale won't make any difference in their actual stats, only their size will be changed?

Changing their model scale won't make any difference in their actual stats, only their size will be changed?

Correct

• Like! 1

I can give instructions for how to make it smaller. It would be a do-it-yourself project.

If the player can't find the entry, the Creature ID for the Dragon is: id = 2995,

This is the whole entry just for reference:

mgr.createCreature {
	id = 2995,
	itemtype_id = 12773,
	name = "New_Dragon_Companion",
	behaviour = "Hireling_distance",
	dangerclass = 1,
	groupmaxcount = 1,
	elite_creature_id = 1994,
	probabilityforelite = 0.000000,
	rank = 0,
	tenergy_creature_id = 1994,
	template_creature_id = 1174,	
	livesremaining = 0,
	unconscioustime = 20,
	palettebits = "1111111111111111",
	monstertype = 0,
	faction_id = 1,
	modelscale = 0.200000,
	rise_from_ground = 0,
	has_corpse = 1,
	has_soul = 1,
	can_strafe = 0,
	spells = {
		entry0 = { "dm_form_drgn_feuerball" },
		entry1 = { "gartor_armageddon" },
	},
}

If the player can't find the entry, the Creature ID for the Dragon is: id = 2995,

This is the whole entry just for reference:

mgr.createCreature {
	id = 2995,
	itemtype_id = 12773,
	name = "New_Dragon_Companion",
	behaviour = "Hireling_distance",
	dangerclass = 1,
	groupmaxcount = 1,
	elite_creature_id = 1994,
	probabilityforelite = 0.000000,
	rank = 0,
	tenergy_creature_id = 1994,
	template_creature_id = 1174,	
	livesremaining = 0,
	unconscioustime = 20,
	palettebits = "1111111111111111",
	monstertype = 0,
	faction_id = 1,
	modelscale = 0.200000,
	rise_from_ground = 0,
	has_corpse = 1,
	has_soul = 1,
	can_strafe = 0,
	spells = {
		entry0 = { "dm_form_drgn_feuerball" },
		entry1 = { "gartor_armageddon" },
	},
}

I will post this and then its fine I think....^^

For my record, the Mod is brilliant and I love it ! :)

No Bugs or Display / Description Errors so far.

Other Question :

Is there a way to change the Color of an Spell ?

For my preference I want Grim Resilence to have an another aura color, this pinkish aura is not so cool.....

I will post it here because it is kinda about ESM - is there anybody who would like to play multiplayer using this mod? I've tested it via Tunngle and it works on multi! If some1 is up to play some Sacred 2 multi with this great mod - let me know, I will give you all the necessary info about how to play via Tunngle (if you don't know it already of course).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and let me start off by thanking the OP for being a part of what keeps the game alive.

I've came back to Sacred 2 after almost a 2-year break, and it's very nice to see that the community is still active and keeps improving the game. I've decided to jump right back into the action and I'm running CM patch 150 and Enhanced Spells 1.2. I've created a bunch of new characters trying to plan a build. And I can already provide some feedback on this mod. Just two things caught my eye for now:

- Seraphim's Archangel's Wrath moved to CM tree; Sonic Vortex took it's place in RT tree. It might be personal preference, but somehow I don't think that AW actually fits Celestial tree from gameplay standpoint: it's a weapon-based CA in a pure magic tree.

- Inquisitor's Raving Thurst has been removed in favor of Eruptive Desecration, which, in turn, has been moved from Nefarious Netherworld in favor of companion buff. The Inquisitor already has a companion skill which can bee modded to be a buff and personally, I wouldn't trade an extra attack spell for another companion.

Thanks again for this awesome work, I'll keep posting feedback as I play. And I hope that someday this will be a part of CM patch.

• Like! 1

You know, AW is somehow similiar to a magical bolt of energy and it's not PURELY weapon-based, it's hybrid-based CA, like Magic Coup for HE. So I think that moving it to CM tree is nothing but a good idea.

And companion skill is good for someone who doesn't want to choose any of skills that allow mods for this aspect and want a companion. It is far more useful for me than pushing enemies. But that's just what I think.

• Like! 1

Hello and let me start off by thanking the OP for being a part of what keeps the game alive.

Thanks again for this awesome work, I'll keep posting feedback as I play. And I hope that someday this will be a part of CM patch.

Thanks for trying out the mod. I hope you get lots of enjoyment from it. Let me know if there are any bugs or imbalances that haven't been caught yet.

As to the meat of your feedback, I'd say that's all a matter of personal preference. You are of course free to change anything to your liking. :) Everything I used to make the mod is available to any user.

Edited by Flix
  • 3 months later...

Do u know why I cant place dragon's wrath in a combo?

It's because the game still thinks it's Dragon Form, which can't go into a combo. It's listed in the known issues. There's nothing I can do about it.

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

No, definitely not. Most of this mod is just subjective changes, not fixes. As for the fixes, they're mostly just text changes. I could report them individually on the bugtracker but that's about it.

• 3 weeks later...

This mod looks really good. Wonderful work. I really like the summons. But a quick question.... The inquisitors harbinger, does it still use the sakkara demon as template? So it turns on you?

• Like! 1

This mod looks really good. Wonderful work. I really like the summons.

Thanks a lot!

The inquisitors harbinger, does it still use the sakkara demon as template? So it turns on you?

Dang, does it still say that somewhere? I thought I updated the first post and the changelog to say that it's a permanent buff since version 1.1. I had to change it to a buff because the game treated the Harbinger as a Sakkara Demon (of which there can only be one summoned at a time), so if you had Ker's divine gift (or anyone in your party had it) you couldn't use both at the same time. Also, her modification upgrades didn't work with the Sakkara Demon template.

Edited by Flix
  • 1 month later...

Silly question, but I think this is the best place for it; is it possible to give spells the ability to react with PhysX? For instance, the Blizzard spell for the High Elf affects the trees and grass, but not the leaves that blow around or the rocks that can be lifted. Is there some variable that allows this customization or is it an engine file that would require some reverse engineering or something (using terms I don't entirely understand, but I think you may). It's kind of a shame most spells don't mess with the PhysX stuff (I love PhysX for the grass and things, fun particles too).

Silly question, but I think this is the best place for it; is it possible to give spells the ability to react with PhysX? For instance, the Blizzard spell for the High Elf affects the trees and grass, but not the leaves that blow around or the rocks that can be lifted. Is there some variable that allows this customization or is it an engine file that would require some reverse engineering or something (using terms I don't entirely understand, but I think you may). It's kind of a shame most spells don't mess with the PhysX stuff (I love PhysX for the grass and things, fun particles too).

It seems like something I might know but really I haven't the slightest clue. It's really way beyond anything I've worked on. PhysX has always caused performance issues and crashes with this game so I don't think I'd want to try it.

• The title was changed to Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition
  • The topic was pinned