Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

7 hours ago, Flix said:

Personally I'm glad I can interrupt them because I sometimes need to.  The auto-targeting of many weapon-based CA's is such that often when the second CA in a combo triggers the character fruitlessly chases a particular enemy within a big mob.  We alleviated it some in CM 1.60 by extending the range of melee weapons but it still happens.

That can be solved differently, by

• releasing RMB or
  • issue another order with LMB or
  • issuing another order with RMB or
  • infinite other solutions.

Its definitely solvable, no reason to interrupt the LRMB experience. Unless dimitry writes that its not solveable.

30 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Probably design since the set is for dual-wielding mage staves.

But mage staffs cant be dual wielded ... ?

No ranged weapons can be dual wielded ?

At least not with the CP.

Edited by Charon117

What do you mean? You can dual-wield single handed mage staves like any other melee weapon. I'm not entirely sure if it's a vanilla thing or a CP thing though, but since you're playing CM 1.60 then you can totally do it.

As for ranged weapons you're right, they can never be dual-wielded even if they're one-handed.

Funny thing is, a mage staff with CM 1.60 is basically a ranged weapon. So it's actually fun to dual-wield staves! You can find out that your CAs now behave in a whole different way.

PS: Even the Wiki description states it's a set designed for dual-wielding staves - http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Disciples_of_the_Architect

• Thanks! 1
28 minutes ago, Androdion said:

What do you mean? You can dual-wield single handed mage staves like any other melee weapon. I'm not entirely sure if it's a vanilla thing or a CP thing though, but since you're playing CM 1.60 then you can totally do it.

Dude, you cant. Get up to date. CP made basic magic staffs ranged weapons to avoid the bug with RM. Its stated in the patch notes. Go read them. Unless Magic Staff Lore is required to dual wield them, which would be kinda silly.

Dont trust the wiki, it is as much out of date as my ex.

Unless you are saying only this set can be dual wielded. Which would go against fundamental Sacred 2 logic - ranged weapons cant be dual wielded.

I just tested a lvl1 inquisitor, and he cant dual wield mage staffs.

Love you and all, but a lot of things have changed ;).

Also if Flix confirms it is not an EE bug this can be moved into the CP bug section.

Androdion has the right of it.  See my Inquisitor below who I am currently playing. 

All CM 1.60 did was make it so you didn't need the Magic Staves skill to shoot the projectiles. I remember it being a point of contention during development on whether to preserve dual wield. This set in particular was part of what saved it.

I'm assuming you have learned the Dual Wield skill prior to attempting to equip two staves?

big_0054.jpg

2 minutes ago, Flix said:

I'm assuming you have learned the Dual Wield skill prior to attempting to equip two staves?

Nope. You are saying I have to skill dual wield, in order to dual wield magic staffs ? That is different from melee weapons which dont need the skill to dual wield.

Well than I have to apologise to @Androdion it seems like I have demonstrated my lack of knowledge again.

20 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

Nope. You are saying I have to skill dual wield, in order to dual wield magic staffs ? That is different from melee weapons which dont need the skill to dual wield.

In fact you need the Dual Wield skill to dual wield anything.

3 minutes ago, Flix said:

In fact you need the Dual Wield skill to dual wield anything.

That is different than ... whatever I remembered it to be. Guess I can only apologise again. Maybe that will teach me that I dont know everything-

On 10/21/2019 at 5:54 AM, Androdion said:

As for ranged weapons you're right, they can never be dual-wielded even if they're one-handed.

Yes it is. It's sad, of course, but I suspect that this is a low-level game mechanics that cannot be changed. However, I think that it’s possible to create a two-handed energy weapon that will have a “two pistols” skin. IMHO, such a weapon would very well go under the style of the set http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Range_Array

Again, I do not have experience in modding, these are just my ideas coming from a superficial understanding of all this. But how cool this set would look with two pistols

• Like! 1

EE v2.2 will probably be released in the coming week.  I am moving apartments this week so progress will be slowed but work is mostly done and I'm in the final stages of testing.

I'll be announcing the new changes bit by bit.  These following are the changes specific to Enhanced Spells module the optional Challenge Mode.

(Enhanced Spells Only):

• Draconic Ally: damage of Blazing Tempest-like spell is decreased (roughly 1/2 former values). It was, simply put, far too powerful for a minion spell.
  • Inquisitor's Mortifying Pillory: Silver mod "Punishment" changed back to vanilla "Expulsion" which increases the duration.  This is because Punishment penalized enemy CA regen, but the modifier is broken against NPC's.
  • Inquisitor buff Harbinger of Death renamed to Battle Daemon. Gold mods are replaced with "Poison Daemon" and "Fire Daemon" which are upgraded forms with elemental attacks and resistances.

I'm very happy to include the upgrades to the summoned Daemon, the visuals come courtesy of @Ysendra who custom-made the textures.  There are many other new textures for S1 you can find in his download:

In terms of mechanics the overall damage and stats of the forms are equal to the base Battle Daemon, only geared towards inflicting different damage types other than physical.  It's still viable to eschew either form and keep the physical Battle Daemon with her Raving Thrust CA.  If you take one of the upgrades though, here's what you can expect:

Fire Daemon has a new Burning Hard Hit and can cast a Wall of Flames (like Blazing Tempest).  Her weapons have a higher percent of damage as fire, and she also highly resistant to fire.

kRnGkgS.jpg   7Vr6O2k.jpg

Poison Daemon has a Poison Hard Hit and can cast a Poison Nova.  Her weapons have a higher percent of damage as poison, and she is also highly resistant to poison.

vfFP62p.jpg   Kv4JhEX.jpg

(Challenge Mode Only): 

• Enemy resistances are moderately increased across the board.  This was done due to feedback that enemies were more than sufficiently dangerous in Challenge Mode, but not particularly any more difficult to kill for a properly developed character.
  • Like! 1
21 minutes ago, Flix said:

Enemy resistances are moderately increased across the board.  This was done due to feedback that enemies were more than sufficiently dangerous in Challenge Mode, but not particularly any more difficult to kill for a properly developed character.

I ... wouldnt say thats a bad thing. I always liked how EE Challenge mod makes the game more difficult in terms of damage, but doesnt change the beefiness of it. How is it interesting to take longer to kill a mob which cant damage you ? The Harbour of the Winged Ones Island with all the beefy mobs which take forever to kill isnt really high up on my pleasure list.

Just my 2 cents though.

1 hour ago, Charon117 said:

How is it interesting to take longer to kill a mob which cant damage you ? The Harbour of the Winged Ones Island with all the beefy mobs which take forever to kill

I don't know what your build is that is invulnerable even in Challenge mode yet can't dispatch Crystal Plane enemies with vanilla resistances, but it sounds like he needs to be tuned some.

Challenge Mode currently does absolutely nothing to make enemies harder to kill. No extra hp, no extra defense or evade chance, no extra spell resistance, no extra damage mitigation, none of the things that are typical in difficulty increase mods.  Adding a moderate % to armor resistance across the board is entirely reasonable if challenge is in the name of the module.

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Probably a stupid question anyway, but that hard hit multiplier thingy is gone and Challenge Mode (and its counterpart in D2F) don't provide random one-shooting anymore right?

Yes. As with D2F, it has been fixed and is in the change log.

9 hours ago, Flix said:

I don't know what your build is that is invulnerable even in Challenge mode yet can't dispatch Crystal Plane enemies with vanilla resistances, but it sounds like he needs to be tuned some.

Well, I guess I meant more that Scaron dude in the lake thing. No damage, but takes me 2 minutes to kill.

9 hours ago, Flix said:

Challenge Mode currently does absolutely nothing to make enemies harder to kill. No extra hp, no extra defense or evade chance, no extra spell resistance, no extra damage mitigation, none of the things that are typical in difficulty increase mods.  Adding a moderate % to armor resistance across the board is entirely reasonable if challenge is in the name of the module.

Made a quick diff between EE 2.1 and challange mode, and it says you increased the armour.

normal 2.1 EE/challenge mode.

Enemy_armor = {800,900,1000,6000,7200},/Enemy_armor = {1000,4000,6000,8000,10000},

Enemy_weapondamage = {650,850,1000,3300,3630},/Enemy_weapondamage = {1000,2200,3300,4400,6600},

Enemy_spelldamage = {500,800,1000,3500,3850},/Enemy_spelldamage = {1000,2200,3300,4400,6600},

3 hours ago, Charon117 said:

Made a quick diff between EE 2.1 and challange mode, and it says you increased the armour.

Ah... oops. Excepting the armor change, I mean.  Well, even using the increased values in 2.1, the feedback I was getting up until now was that there was no perceived difference in the difficulty in killing enemies.

This is what I currently have in place for EE 2.2 Challenge Mode:

Enemy_armor = {1000,6000,8000,10000,12000}, 

3 hours ago, Charon117 said:

Well, I guess I meant more that Scaron dude in the lake thing. No damage, but takes me 2 minutes to kill.

I'll take another look at Scaron. She got an individualized beef-up in EE because she was so fragile in vanilla, and I may have gone overboard. 

Here's more updates of what's coming in S2EE v2.2.  These are the character-specific changes, mostly concerning their personal quests but also some CA changes.

Inquisitor:
 - Class quest "In the Badlands": Shirka Alana regains her fighting gear and is elite-class. Her final dialogue has her throwing her lot in with the Inquisitor whole-heartedly. It makes sense she would use her Inquisition gear for the fight, and not her civilian clothes.
 - Class quest "All or Nothing": now drops Gloves of the Executor as reward.  I'm giving each of the stand-alone class quests a unique reward.

High Elf:
 - Class quest "Settlement From Beyond the Grave": now drops the Ring of Swirling Mist instead of a random ring.

Shadow Warrior:
 - Class quest "Orcish Necromancers": now features Undead Orcs instead of generic zombies. Ascaron made special Undead Orcs but never used them.
 - Class quest "Past Mistakes": log now shows the "Resurrection Sword" quest item instead of a perfect crystal.
 - Class quest "Brothers in Arms: now drops Draligan's Gloves as reward instead of a random amulet.

Dryad:
 - Class quest "Diligent Apprentices": Outlaw Theodus now equipped with a hunting bow. The quest has Theodus and the Dryad carefully stalking a deer, but because he has no weapon he just charges in like Leroy Jenkins and punches it to death.
 - Class quest "Missing Women": now drops Witches' Sabbath as reward.

Temple Guardian:
 - Class quest "Rust": Troll opponent is now much more powerful. Now drops Dura's Cell as reward instead of two lesser health potions.

Dragon Mage:
 - Mind Strike: Due to enemy CA regen debuff not working, this property is replaced with Chance for Open Wounds. Bronze mod "Weakness" is replaced with "Trauma," which adds Physical DOT. 
 - Class quest "Dratted Little Beasts": Rat opponents are more powerful. Now drops Dragonleather Shoes as reward.  The green rat opponents are copies of Nagash from "Manners Maketh Kobold." As a side effect of Nagash getting powered up, so did these rats.

• Like! 1
20 minutes ago, Flix said:

- Class quest "In the Badlands": Shirka Alana regains her fighting gear and is elite-class. Her final dialogue has her throwing her lot in with the Inquisitor whole-heartedly. It makes sense she would use her Inquisition gear for the fight, and not her civilian clothes.

Dont make me restart another run :).

Was going to download this, but with a new version coming, I think I'll wait.

It might have been said in the initial post and I missed it, but can I just keep playing with my current character, or should I start over?

Does this work with the Character Editor?

2 hours ago, Kyosai7 said:

Was going to download this, but with a new version coming, I think I'll wait.

It might have been said in the initial post and I missed it, but can I just keep playing with my current character, or should I start over?

Does this work with the Character Editor?

I'm aiming for releasing 2.2 this Sunday, barring any complications.

The official advice is to use new characters - this is the safest path to avoid glitches.  The most common glitches I've seen with old characters are bugged quest behavior, re-rolled modifiers on normal-magic-rare items (not really a glitch just a side-effect), and in one case, Divine Gift breaking because a Combo icon got stuck in that slot.

You will probably be ok using an existing character if you move them up to a new difficulty after installing, or you can just backup the save files and test them out.  The above issues would be apparent right away.

The save editor works just fine with characters created under the mod.  For Enhanced Spells where I changed combat arts, you can still edit them but the text and icons in the Save Editor will still show the vanilla values.

More EE 2.2 upcoming changes.  These all concern the Seraphim and various corrections to her class quests and combat arts.

Seraphim:
 - Soul Hammer: Fixed an animation bug that caused the Seraphim to lay sideways in the saddle when mounted and using 2h swords.
 - Divine Protection: Fixed swapped strings for bronze mods Capacity/Steadfast. Enhanced Spells incorrectly had the Original Spells text, and vice-versa.
 - Black Seraphim opponent is now classified as Undead in accordance with the quest story. She is upgraded to boss status and is now able to equip armor and weapons. The original model was highly unfinished and problematic, lacking most animations, having a bugged hairstyle, and unable to use any equipment.
 - Class quest "Children and Demons III": no longer has the demons pre-transformed before the plot twist. This was an accidental change caused by questscript optimizations during CM 1.60 development.
 - Class quest "The Hunt III": Black Seraphim now commands Undead Orcs and Ogres instead of generic Orcs.  The Black Seraphim is implied to be not only a product of Necromancy but also able to wield Necromancy herself.
 - Class quest "The Beginning of the End": Black Seraphim final battle now takes place in the Swamp underneath Hesheth, as the dialogs and quest logs suggest it should. 
 - Class quest "Whoops" now drops Amulet of the Sereish as reward.  This quest is a callback to the captive Seraphim rescue quest from Sacred 1.  Now there's a nice class-specific little jewelry reward as well.

For once I won't spoil every last detail and I'll let you discover for yourself just what new tricks the Black Seraphim has up her sleeve.  Be prepared for anything when fighting her.

big_0088.thumb.jpg.74239e186e4a094fb507e79f1c0bced7.jpg   big_0093.thumb.jpg.2e8e221f94e52a58eb994aaf005e6ccb.jpg

• Like! 1
5 hours ago, Flix said:

I'm aiming for releasing 2.2 this Sunday, barring any complications.

The official advice is to use new characters - this is the safest path to avoid glitches.  The most common glitches I've seen with old characters are bugged quest behavior, re-rolled modifiers on normal-magic-rare items (not really a glitch just a side-effect), and in one case, Divine Gift breaking because a Combo icon got stuck in that slot.

You will probably be ok using an existing character if you move them up to a new difficulty after installing, or you can just backup the save files and test them out.  The above issues would be apparent right away.

The save editor works just fine with characters created under the mod.  For Enhanced Spells where I changed combat arts, you can still edit them but the text and icons in the Save Editor will still show the vanilla values.

I'm only like level 4 so it's not a big deal. Just an hour or so of work. I was just wondering.

I'm super new to Sacred 2, all things considered. I've played it off and on since the 360 release and I'm just wanting a good experience playing.

Quest-related changes in EE 2.2. Mostly concerned with rewards but also some bugfixes.

Quest:

•  Various amendments to the game texts to expand & clarify quest logs and NPC dialogue. Hundreds of typos & inconsistencies are corrected as well.*
  •  Completing the Swirling Mist of Miasma quest now drops Faye's Gloom instead of the (High Elf-only) Ring of Swirling Mist.
  •  Completing the Garganthropod quest now drops Signet of the Apocalypse instead of Amulet of the Jade Scarab.
  •  "The Scarabs' Lair": now drops Amulet of the Jade Scarab upon completion.
  •  "Against the Blood Dryads": now drops Sword of the Blood Dryads upon completion.
  •  "A Feast": Swampbelly Toads are now actually toads instead of turtles.  Quest toads were scripted but never used.
  •  "Betrayed by Fate": Ramiere's Reincarnation now has a weapon. His ghost self has a weapon, but he loses it when trans-substantiating.
  •  "Attack is the Best Defense": Du'Rach Commander Harrad'smit is now a boss-level opponent. There was an unused Du'Rach boss in the game files. I found a place for him in this quest.
  •  Fixed swapped quest spiders between "The Perfect Green" and "The Metamorphosis."  Greenclaw and Giant Spider now have the appearances expected of them.
  •  Main Quest: Light-path characters can now strike the killing blow on Grand Inquisitor Nimonuil.

* I cannot overstate what a huge undertaking this first change was.  Vanilla quest logs and dialogues are incredibly vague and sloppy, riddled with inconsistencies and omissions, if not outright errors.  Many proper names are mixed up or inconsistently spelled, and oftentimes him/her, he/she, his/hers, etc. are mixed up. 

More often, proper names are not used at all.  How many quests take place in and around Thylysium or Griffinborough, but are these city names ever mentioned?  Most quest logs read like placeholder texts: "I should go to the next town and talk to the man to get the object I require."  Such quests will now read more like: "I should travel to Black Oaks and talk to Commander Rutherford who is stationed there.  He's sure to have the spellbook that the old mage told me about.  I hope it wasn't all just a legend."

The character class chain quests got the most attention in terms of rewrites.  I did not alter the plots themselves, but rather tried to add meat to the bare bones stories, giving characters more personality and motivations, and having the overall narratives make more sense.

• Like! 1
  • The topic was pinned