Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

Sorry I have been away for a few days, I meant that is it viable to use source warden and lost fusion together? (both the lore's and focus and so on)

And if not ,is it viable to mix delphic arcana with one of the other aspects?

Absolutely. The third aspect for every character is usually a support aspect that can be used with one of the other two. This isn't specific to Enhanced Spells, that's just the way the game works. Of course multiple aspects can be used together. I have a Temple Guardian that uses both Lost Fusion and Source Warden. He's very successful.

Hey Flix. I've been thinking of this but I like the mod and all but I don't think it should be included in the CM patch, I would prefer it to be a separate download or an option in the cm installer to install it or not to install it. I think it changes the game to much. I don't mind the changes that improve the spells like the dragon familiar for example but not really ok about the completely changed spells.

Hey Flix. I've been thinking of this but I like the mod and all but I don't think it should be included in the CM patch, I would prefer it to be a separate download or an option in the cm installer to install it or not to install it. I think it changes the game to much. I don't mind the changes that improve the spells like the dragon familiar for example but not really ok about the completely changed spells.

I think you're getting confused. Nothing from this mod is going into the CM Patch.

No offence but thank god.

Do you know if there is any code for your dragon familer that gives you xp on it's kills?

I'll look into it. Are all the other summons providing XP for their kills?

I've looked at the firemonkey thing for highelf and the elemental things for dragon mage and they give xp. I also tried to switch the familer to the firemonkey to see if I would still get xp but I don't. I also tried changing the faction id 1 like the others but then it doesn't attack.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this mod, it looks awesome, waiting for cm patch v0150 to try it.

Can you btw alter the "god's gift"? making them inflicting more damage would be nice, or a way to make them more usefull.

Thanks for this mod, it looks awesome, waiting for cm patch v0150 to try it.

Can you btw alter the "god's gift"? making them inflicting more damage would be nice, or a way to make them more usefull.

Hi desm thanks for checking out the mod. If you scroll down toward the bottom of the first post you can see the changes I made to the Divine Gifts.

nice, I missed it.

beware not to lower cooldown too much, else it will be too easy with the skill Devotion.

Will we be able to translate your mod?

Thank you very much.

• Like! 1

yes, thank you very much, we want to translate it.

"I want the god spells to become extremely powerful with investment in the skill, to make it more attractive to players."

very well :)

• Like! 1

ps: can we make some suggestions in a matter of well balancing your mod? (I have not tested it yet, waiting for cm0150)

for example, Vampire (a friend from the french forum), tested the Shadow warrior but he finds:

-Killing Spree is during too long now: a good balance would be maybe more like 40 or 50 seconds

-Labyrinthine Warlord: very well done but too powerfull

-Nether allegiance: here too the skeletons seem to do too much damage

globally, for now, Enhanced Spells mod seems to render the game a little bit too easy. To be confirmed...

Thank you for reading, let us know if you accept suggestions and if you want us to test your mod deeper, still for a matter of good balance.

Else, your mod is very well done and really brings something to the game according to Vampire.

The knew icons are awesome :)

Cya

Edited by desm
  • Like! 1

Thanks a lot. I'd appreciate it if everyone would post as much feedback as possible. I've said as much all along. :) If something is severely throwing off the balance of the game I'll consider it an issue that needs to be fixed.

I didn't change the amount of damage done by the skeletons from Nether Allegiance. :/ There is an extra skeleton to start with though. Maybe that's what he meant.

The minotaur seems well balanced to me. I've played with him for a long time.

To be honest, I expected lots of comments about how the temporary buffs last too long now, so this feedback comes as no surprise. I'll think about making the duration of Killing Spree and Rousing Command 45 seconds. When it comes to temporary buffs I'd usually rather decrease the power than the duration though. I HATE recasting buffs all the time.

Ok in preparation for translation there's something I need to ask of anyone who's interested in helping me make versions for other languages.

I need a copy of global.res in your language (French, German, Polish, etc.). You MUST have the Community Patch 1.50 installed first. Global.res is located in your install folder, for example: Sacred 2 Gold/locale/<your localization>

I'll post the English lines that need to be translated. Then once I receive the translations, I'll encode them back into the appropriate localization of global.res.

PM me or post here if you can help.

Alright while I wait for any interested translators to get in touch with me, I'm testing version 1.0 for release. I finally finished re-building the mod off of the new CM Patch 1.50, and everything looks ready to go. I addressed all the issues noted in the thread, got release notes ready, and prepared a "classic icons" package for those who want the original-style icons. Just taking a couple days to review everything for quality.

One last minute change: I decided to leave the Priestess of Doom with the purple skin. The green skin was starting to look more undead the more I looked at it, and it makes things easier with compatibility if I don't make a custom skin. I also made her a little shorter so she doesn't tower over the Dryad.

If anyone wants to test the mod before release PM me and I'll send you a test version.

Edited by Flix

Hello Flix, problem is I can't attach files larger than 2Mo, in PM neither. (global.res is approx. 3,26Mo)

I can zip it in 3 parts and attach them if you want.

Edited by desm

Any major changes for the 1,0 version?

Temple Guardian is finally what it always should have been.

This is the changelog so far, subject to change before final release:

Enhanced Spells Changelog 0.1 beta >> 1.0

• Shivering Miasma now inflicts ice damage.
  • The Sublime Guardian now has full gear starting at level 1, and can cast Instill Belief on enemies.
  • Fixed Draconic Ally being exceptionally underpowered.
  • Labyrinthine Warlord and Priestess of Doom summons are now permanent buffs.
  • Fixed Dragon Berserk being overpowered at low levels.
  • Enemies are less likely to kill friendly NPC's and mounts when hurled into them by the player (but this can still happen). Mounts won't truly die (they will be alive on reload) but certain NPC's can die.
  • Fixed Labyrinthine Warlord having the wrong aspect focus assigned.
  • Lowered the durations of most 90-second temporary buffs to avoid being overpowered.
  • Labyrinthine Warlord and Sentinel Construct have new skins. Priestess of Doom is slightly shorter.
  • The Sentinel Construct now has a modification that lowers the Temple Guardian's regeneration times.
  • The modification that summons a third Protector is changed to one that lowers the regen penalty from the buff.
  • Horse Combat Arts Leap, Charge, and Rear Up have been enhanced and powered-up.
  • Included classic icons package.

Just caught a last minute bug while preparing version 1.0. Thaumaturgic Nova is using the wrong visuals.

I intended for it to be this:

CAHc2WG.jpg

While it's actually this in the beta:

t9COjpa.jpg

In earlier pre-release versions I used the second effect, but swapped it out for the first because it looked more like water than electricity. I probably swapped it back in to take the picture for the thread and then forgot to change it back to how I wanted it. Fixed for version 1.0

In other news, the French version of the mod is almost finished (pending a few last minute revisions), so the next release will have French and English available. If anyone wants to translate the mod to German, Russian, Italian, or any other language let me know.

This mod is fantastic, I think Sauron in the prologue when he sends him flying enemies. The new icons are beautiful and I find it very balanced. A big thank you to Desm for the French version.
Flix you're a genius.

• Like! 1

This mod is fantastic, I think Sauron in the prologue when he sends him flying enemies.

Yes! Combat certainly has a different feel now doesn't it? :D

lotr-sauron-fighting-o.gif

I'm giving the mod one last check and then I'll release v 1.0 probably in the next 12 hours. It will be ENG/FR. If we get more translations I'll add them to future versions.

Edited by Flix
  • The title was changed to Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition
  • The topic was pinned