Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

5 hours ago, Flix said:

To balance the extra set bonus (and the overall power of these sets), I made some adjustments to the drops.  Previously they dropped from level 20+, in Bronze or higher.  In 3.0 the Mutation sets will only drop from level 70+, in Gold difficulty or higher.

Why not 60+ in Gold diff?

On 12/4/2020 at 4:12 AM, jwiz said:

Why not 60+ in Gold diff?

75 was actually my first choice, which admittedly is a bit higher than the precedent (usually level 40-65) for higher level legendaries that only drop in higher difficulties.  I picked 70 since the pieces drop in 10 level increments, and I liked the even numbers.

==================================

Is there any interest in making the Shadow Warrior's Labyrinthine Warlord and/or the Dryad's Priestess of Doom upgradeable, the way that Sublime Guardian or Battle Daemon are?  The idea is you would choose between two gold modifications, one transforming it, for example, into a magic-damage themed monster, and another into a fire-themed one.  They would have different appearances and different special moves.

9 hours ago, Flix said:

Is there any interest in making the Shadow Warrior's Labyrinthine Warlord and/or the Dryad's Priestess of Doom upgradeable, the way that Sublime Guardian or Battle Daemon are?  The idea is you would choose between two gold modifications, one transforming it, for example, into a magic-damage themed monster, and another into a fire-themed one.  They would have different appearances and different special moves.

I won't be able to answer that as I hardly play the SW at all. Maybe Roderick can.

But one other thing crossed my mind while perusing a certain doc.

Would it be possible to bestow some mild aura chance upon the special mounts, like I.e weaken on the monitor, poison on the spider or fear on the hellhound, etc. that adds to the rider?

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, jwiz said:

I won't be able to answer that as I hardly play the SW at all. Maybe Roderick can.

But one other thing crossed my mind while perusing a certain doc.

Would it be possible to bestow some mild aura chance upon the special mounts, like I.e weaken on the monitor, poison on the spider or fear on the hellhound, etc. that adds to the rider?

Sort of like those sunglasses from Sacred Underworld? Mild but appreciated

:)

gogo

18 hours ago, jwiz said:

Think of a mount like an item that the player equips.  Items can't grant active auras.  I could add chance for weaken, chance for fear, etc. but they would apply the same as any other item modifier, at best.  Some modifiers just don't work at all.

===========================

I found a new FX for Dragon's Wrath.  Red swirls instead of the old fire ring around the feet.

D1vhGiL.jpg   B29142Y.jpg

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Think of a mount like an item that the player equips.  Items can't grant active auras.  I could add chance for weaken, chance for fear, etc. but they would apply the same as any other item modifier, at best.  Some modifiers just don't work at all

Yeah, I thought as much but had hoped that the mounts had been implemented somewhat different,

I'd love to see enemy_hurl on them too, but obviously even a collision detection does not exist with them.

Edited by jwiz

Hey Flix, I noticed that an animation of the human mine worker NPC is broken and when he's trying to carry a rock, he's just hovering over the ground without a walking animation. I tried to locate the exact creature ID and animation but had no luck so far, maybe you or somebody else is quicker than me. Once somebody got the information, can you include a fix into 3.0?

Edited by Lindor
21 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

itemtype.txt:

newItemType = {
    -- standard info
    renderfamily = "RENDERFAM_ITEM",
    renderprio   = 0,
    family       = "FAMILY_ITEM",
    subfamily    = "SUBFAM_JOB_2H",
    classification = "CLF_JOB_2H",
    flags        = "FLAG_HASPREVIEWIMAGE",
    weargroup    = "WEARGROUP_INVALID",
    -- 3d model + animation info
    model0Data = {
      name         = "models/objects/jobitems/t_job-mineworker-orc-orestone.GR2",
      user         = "WEARGROUP_DEFAULT",
    },
    -- logic bounding box
  logicBox = {
    minx=-7.084, miny=-6.343, minz=-3.942, 
    maxx=8.531, maxy=6.299, maxz=4.613, 
    },
    dangerclass   = 0,
}
mgr.typeCreate(11350, newItemType);

Change _2H instances to _RH. Any better?

Yep, that did it. Amazing dimitrius <3

• Like! 1

Good catch.  Will be fixed in 3.0.  There's classifications for left hand, right hand, and two-handed job items.  The correct animations aren't called unless the right subfamily is defined.

• Like! 1

Some odds and ends for 3.0:

- I'm bringing the Music Mod into the Enhanced Edition.  It will be an optional module and likely a separate download since it's about 800mb.  I'm taking this opportunity to remaster a lot of the tracks.  Back in the day I didn't make use of compression when increasing the volume so there is a lot of clipping (clicking, crackly sounds) on the added tracks.

- The "minimal" texture setting is no longer officially supported in Enhanced Edition.  I'm retaining support for both Default and Elite textures in 3.0.  This does increase the overall download size by an extra ~200mb, which I hope is not too much of a bandwidth burden, but I want to be inclusive of people who may not be able to comfortably run Elite textures.

- I've updated some shaders on some uniques that didn't get new designs, but could use a sprucing-up.  shader = fx2, is a nice alternative to the metal shader. It adds a bit of shine but also strong contrast which makes otherwise dull textures really "pop."

Shield of Mirrors, Celioth's Ward, Osiris Scythe, The Arbiter

7nZlOmG.jpg  MhzrUQw.jpg  x5kl2Co.jpg  jlvuArV.jpg

Halberd of the Rocks, the three "Glaives"

sBeA0d7.jpg  Ep5yKrt.jpg  Ajyr1kJ.jpg  KLbqqmS.jpg

Celestial Magic, Shattersword, Bareneret's Judgment

D5gRBoB.jpg   tYIvdUb.jpg  m7mNBwV.jpg

Something that was introduced to EE in 2.0 was reducing the extreme glow on some weapons that obscured the underlying design.  I found a few more unique shortsword candidates.

Before/After:

Zepetl's Heartfinder, Blade of Severance, Silver Virtue

5C8Ewkt.jpg  qdtbBSg.jpg  VU6x27Q.jpg

Also, some of the magic staves that got a reduced glow in 2.0 are getting the lava shader instead, which transforms the bright glow into swirling, shifting patterns on the head of the staff.

PTMxlnG.jpg  fS0xc4L.jpg  I76AnAk.jpg  HgQqXZh.jpg

• Like! 1
18 hours ago, Flix said:

- I've updated some shaders on some uniques that didn't get new designs, but could use a sprucing-up.  shader = fx2, is a nice alternative to the metal shader. It adds a bit of shine but also strong contrast which makes otherwise dull textures really "pop."

Something that was introduced to EE in 2.0 was reducing the extreme glow on some weapons that obscured the underlying design.  I found a few more unique shortsword candidates.

Also, some of the magic staves that got a reduced glow in 2.0 are getting the lava shader instead, which transforms the bright glow into swirling, shifting patterns on the head of the staff.     

Great changes. These def show off the weapon details better. I do recall not being a fan of how shiny some stuff could be in the game.

• Thanks! 1
10 hours ago, jwiz said:

Great job, but don't you get stir crazy over time hunting down all that missing gear?  :lol:

Funny enough, I'm almost never setting out to find it.  I just happen to notice it while I'm busy carrying out some other task.  A lot of fixes happened that way.

1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

It would appear that to see any of these great changes in-game, I will have to start using the EE.

Yes, I haven't been sure how to say it, but I realized this past year that I can no longer mod for Community Patch 1.60, any more than I can mod for Community Patch 1.50, or 1.20, or the last official I&B patch.  I've just come too far and built too much of a foundation with EE.  Essentially everything that would have gone into another CM Patch release has gone here. 

• Respect! 1

@dimitrius154 Can I ask your advice about regional music assignments?  In CM 1.30 I reported that the Crystal Plane (snowy sub-region) was playing Xmas Island music, and somehow Czevak switched it to use Multiplayer Island music instead.

I can't for the life of me figure out how he did that.  I'd like to repeat the process because the dungeons in that region are still using Xmas music.  I'd also like to change the overall music in that area to use the same music as the rest of the Crystal Plane.

My best guess is the "musicProfile" line in region.txt.  I can't determine what is what though.  And it doesn't look like multiple regions are sharing music ID's.

There are a lot of unnamed regions as well in that file.  Can you tell me, are they used, and if so, is it possible to generate a list of region names that correspond to the ID's?  It might be nice to make more areas have specific music if it's possible.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

My best guess is the "musicProfile" line in region.txt.  I can't determine what is what though.  And it doesn't look like multiple regions are sharing music ID's.

The assignment of music to regions and locations is executed via the interaction of the following files:

scripts\server\region.txt - music profiles are assigned via the 'musicProfle' parameter.

locale\{language}\soundprofile.txt and scripts\client\soundprofile.txt(I strongly recommend using the latter) - music profiles are determined here,  the 'music' parameter is, in fact, music profle ID.

And, unfortunately, persector.zip\*.r sector files - region IDs are assigned to locations there.

5 hours ago, Flix said:

Can you tell me, are they used, and if so, is it possible to generate a list of region names that correspond to the ID's?

I believe, all ID's from region.txt are used. You can find out the assigned region ID by utilizing Pesmontis' S2se editor:

fU9mbvn.jpg

• Thanks! 1

Much appreciated!  Now I understand what Czevak did.  He changed the resources for the various music events assigned to profilename  = "Region 16 - Snowland", in soundprofile.txt.  I was able to switch it to Crystal Plane music.  I suppose I could in fact even make brand new unique music resources for that sub-region.

My next experiment would be assigning music to other regions in region.txt that currently have musicProfile = 0.  I assume these are areas that just continue to play whatever music is currently playing, instead of switching to something new.

I would need to make a new soundprofile entry with a new unique music ID, then assign that ID to the musicprofile in the region entry.

@dimitrius154  After job items came up a few days ago I decided to do a survey of all job items.  Of the 75 job item blueprints I found 18 that aren't present in weaponpool.txt.  I do believe the only way for blueprints to be used by an NPC is through weaponpool/equipsets, so I think therefore that these items are completely unused by NPC's.

Spoiler

id = 108,
  name = "job_lh_fork",

id = 343,
  name = "job_rh_football",

id = 353,
  name = "job_rh_haybale_create",

id = 352,
  name = "job_rh_haystack_carry",

id = 345,
  name = "job_rh_metalbucket",

id = 344,
  name = "job_rh_powder",

id = 361,
  name = "job_rh_wood_chop",

id = 369,
  name = "job_rh_crowbar",

id = 371,
  name = "job_rh_makeup_pad",

id = 620,
  name = "Job_rh_dagger_subdagger",

id = 623,
  name = "job_rh_lockpicking",

id = 624,
  name = "job_rh_blacksmith_sword_unfinished",

id = 1593,
  name = "Job_fieldworker_haybale",

id = 1594,
  name = "Job_fieldworker_haystack",

id = 1607,
  name = "NPC_he_horsetrader_whip",

id = 1609,
  name = "NPC_orc_horsetrader_whip",

id = 1610,
  name = "NPC_lizard_horsetrader_whip",

id = 1611,
  name = "NPC_hu_desert_horsetrader_whip",

It could simply be that there are no appropriate behaviors, jobs, or animations available to take advantage of the items.  It's probably worth looking into though.