Sacred 3 World map

SX255

THIS GAME.... :diablo:

This game is a 1 step forward, 2 steps back abomination. Every time there is something good, there are 2 fails just around the corner.

So here is the final map collage:

map3.jpg

Like me, you were probably expecting something worthwhile to hide behind that smoke. More missions, an epic structure, a grand plot twist to play the game again, or at least a new route into the empty desert part south...

:nooo:

One completely predictable castle surrounded by lava... THAT IS ALL that was there. And that castle is just a 3 old boss rush and 2 final boss battle. Half an hour long. And the the ending cinematic was weak.

The game is a day long.

Total Dwarf cameo count - 2

1 (weapon spirit), who went nuts being stuck in the afterlife with the dark elves

2 The Last Dwarf – most likely the PC from S1. You meet him for only 1 main quest mission, in Zhurag, which is 3/4 through the game.

Total Temple Guardian cameo count - null :glare:

Just compare it to the map of S3 - even the rivers and mountain ridges are placed similarly and we have desert and swamp where LotR map tells us they are. So I'm not even sure they used Sacred 1 map as an inspiration for this game.

That was also my first impression. And the more I look at it, the more it sinks in.

Sacred 3 uses the Sacred 1 map without the Underworld expansion.

Well, to tell you the truth, that wasn't my first impression when I saw the map. When we were first shown a glimpse of it in the opening cinematic, with a sort of "evil darkness" spreading east to west I immediately thought about the official Lord of the Rings Middle Earth map, which often was printed with the books. The reveal of the lava place with the capital of evil empire exactly in the place where Mordor is supposed to be only confirmed my suspicion.

So I dug up the map of Middle Earth, its south-east corner to be precise:

Sy7qbnJ.png

Just compare it to the map of S3 - even the rivers and mountain ridges are placed similarly and we have desert and swamp where LotR map tells us they are. So I'm not even sure they used Sacred 1 map as an inspiration for this game.

Ghastly

They ripped off LOTR?

:o

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

You have got to be kidding me?!

They actually went and made day-one DLC for this game?

Turns out those locked 2 portals were DLC map expansions.

Here is the map of the NW portal, which leads to the Underwold...

Has about 1 hour of content. New spirit - Vampiress. The Last Dwarf replaces Aria as the main narrator. And you get to fight the Old Black Seraphim as the Underwold ruler.

moreno.png

In a way it's an improvement to the main campaign, but that's not saying much.

Number of Temple Guardians: yes, I'm making it into a running joke now.

Edited by SX255
  • Like! 1

Oh my.. A Chihuahua!?!?! I gotta get this game!

<SMACK!> OK.. slapped myself.. MUCH better..!

Dwarves.. You're not likely going to find too many. This is supposed to be a sequel to Sacred 1 and as such, the Dwarves had become extinct - except for the one in the Underworld Expansion. In fact, they were long extinct in the era of Sacred 2 which is a prequel to Sacred 1.

Temple Guardians - given they didn't exist in Sacred 1, it can be presumed they too were extinct Don't forget, the TG in Sacred 2 wasn't looking too swift at the start of the game. Coughing, wheezing, falling over. etc..

TGs: For what it's worth, our hero TG does a bang up job of wiping out most of the TGs in Ancaria on his class quest. The rest are mopped up when you get to the last part of the wastelands and the great machine complex. Given the hero TG is, for all intents and purposes the last survivor, and his physical state, it's likely he's fallen apart or at least, broken down.

Great read

And I think that I'd kinda loved to see that decimation happen with today's mobb, graphics abilities... like that scene from Matrix where Neo takes out all those many hundreds of Mister Smiths?

MV5BMTI4Mzk3NTIyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzE5

I'd liked to go all out kung fu on our little metal pinnochio's

K that's the coffee speking

:crazy:

gogo

• Like! 1

TGs: For what it's worth, our hero TG does a bang up job of wiping out most of the TGs in Ancaria on his class quest. The rest are mopped up when you get to the last part of the wastelands and the great machine complex. Given the hero TG is, for all intents and purposes the last survivor, and his physical state, it's likely he's fallen apart or at least, broken down.

TGs are eternal machines made by Testa. Machines can be repaired and reprogrammed. And the Great Machine facility got drained of its power, not destroyed.

Closer to the end of the TG chainquest the race splits into two factions. You even meet your supporters (3 TGs and 1 Flying Dragon) in the dryad island facility. There is also a TG merchant in the great machine.

In addition to this, unlike the Seraphim, TGs respawn like any other enemy. So it stands to reason that there may be a TG manufacturing facility inside the Great Machine.

So both scenarios described earlier are plausible.

• 8 months later...

Finaly got around to checing out the Orcland Story letsplays. Just 1 boring hour of whacking orcs in the face. Here is the map of the DLC.

Number of Temple Guardians: zero point zero zero zero %

exp2.jpg