Unbended forum at DarkMatters... bring it on!

Got to agree with Flix here...been following progress on Unbended ever since Spock posted about it. Just feels more real now that we've embraced the game. Gogo and I spoke quite about it over the weekend and I must say I am more excited about this than I was about The game that shall not be named.

One thought I did have is to have a thread/sub-forum about donations and/or game progress. Via donations, several of our FDm'ers and Clan DA members already have tombstones, NPC's or towns named after them (depending on level of donation of course)

Also, the early support rewards will be ending shortly I think...it was mentioned somewhere and I'll see if I can dig it up later today but if you want a tombstone or something you may have to act soon.

Brilliant idea

This will bring attention to the funding drive to the fore front, and often seeing that others are getting stuff gets us excited about getting in on it too.

We are looking at the Town for DarkMatters, but after doing the CDN calculations for 299 EU it is coming 450 dollars. It's pricey, but maybe we'll find a way. Either that or a statue DarkMatters of us there?

:4rofl:

gogo

We are looking at the Town for DarkMatters, but after doing the CDN calculations for 299 EU it is coming 450 dollars. It's pricey, but maybe we'll find a way. Either that or a statue DarkMatters of us there?

Wouldn't DarkMatters be a better name for a pub or something? A town is a tad too much.

• Like! 1

Just call it

Obscura Quae

I think that is the latin translation for Dark Matters.....Sounds kind of cool to me for a town name....like it's some type of dark mysterious and maybe magical place to go (like this forum can be :D )

• Like! 1

Wouldn't DarkMatters be a better name for a pub or something? A town is a tad too much.

Looking for options, yes DarkMatters as town could be not "relevantesque" ? :lol: ...maybe other options exist for us that the Devs can help with depending on how they are fleshing out their world.

:)

gogo

Just call it

Obscura Quae

I think that is the latin translation for Dark Matters.....Sounds kind of cool to me for a town name....like it's some type of dark mysterious and maybe magical place to go (like this forum can be :D )

It does sound good in Latin, maybe both?

:P

gogo

All the feedback we're getting from the devs has already made this game for me one of the best game anticapatory moments. If we've got Devs who care to give us this kind of value so early, the future is looking bright

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1

Well I guess they were flagged as spam or something because my comments seem to be invisible unless I'm logged into the account that made them. Oh well, I tried...

I'll see what else I can think of.

Edited by Flix
  • 2 months later...

Unless they have some sort of automatic filter for the word "Unbended", I would probably say to drop the name in a natural way while commenting on the subject of the video or whatever. It could also be the presence of a link in a comment which may make the automatic filters consider it to be SPAM. Lots of spammers use links in their posts, so even I have a habit of skipping over any post I see that has a link in it.

Another thing that can be done would be to upvote any comments on those sites that bring up Unbended, just to bring those comments greater prominence. It's not even insincere since I can see fans of Sacred 2 who were upset by Sacred 3 be genuinely excited and eager for Unbended.

But, yeah, I'm not sure what you posted, but I would think that including a link would trigger the filters on a site like Youtube. I would probably try something like "Sacred 3 seems a bit too linear to me, to be honest. I prefer a more robust form of character development and exploration, like what is being done for the upcoming game Unbended. I would probably get someone who, like me, was underwhelmed with Sacred 3 to pay a visit to a site like DarkMatters where they can get a better feel for how much more an ARPG can be." <---- Something like that stays on topic, gives the Google Keywords for people to search and helps let people be aware that not all ARPGs are like Sacred 3. Even the criticism of Sacred 3 is kept polite and to the point, which will probably echo the feelings of someone who never played the earlier games and just assumed that all of them might be boring.

Now if you posted something similar to what I just suggested and still got flagged for spam, then it was probably whomever posted the video just censoring anything that brought up other games that Sacred 3 would be unfavorably compared to.

Well I guess they were flagged as spam or something because my comments seem to be invisible unless I'm logged into the account that made them. Oh well, I tried...

I'll see what else I can think of.

Wow, Flix, I'm sorry I missed this

Is this issue still going on?

:)

gogo

Well it was just a youtube issue. Given the speed with which my comments disappeared from multiple videos it was probably posting a link that triggered an auto-spam filter.

• Like! 1