Photo

Unbended forum at DarkMatters... bring it on!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,142 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:39 AM

Well I guess they were flagged as spam or something because my comments seem to be invisible unless I'm logged into the account that made them.  Oh well, I tried...

I'll see what else I can think of.

Edited by Flix, 10 August 2014 - 01:40 AM.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#22 Miquin1

Miquin1

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:37 PM

Unless they have some sort of automatic filter for the word "Unbended", I would probably say to drop the name in a natural way while commenting on the subject of the video or whatever.  It could also be the presence of a link in a comment which may make the automatic filters consider it to be SPAM.  Lots of spammers use links in their posts, so even I have a habit of skipping over any post I see that has a link in it.

Another thing that can be done would be to upvote any comments on those sites that bring up Unbended, just to bring those comments greater prominence.  It's not even insincere since I can see fans of Sacred 2 who were upset by Sacred 3 be genuinely excited and eager for Unbended.

But, yeah, I'm not sure what you posted, but I would think that including a link would trigger the filters on a site like Youtube.  I would probably try something like "Sacred 3 seems a bit too linear to me, to be honest.  I prefer a more robust form of character development and exploration, like what is being done for the upcoming game Unbended.  I would probably get someone who, like me, was underwhelmed with Sacred 3 to pay a visit to a site like DarkMatters where they can get a better feel for how much more an ARPG can be."  <----  Something like that stays on topic, gives the Google Keywords for people to search and helps let people be aware that not all ARPGs are like Sacred 3.  Even the criticism of Sacred 3 is kept polite and to the point, which will probably echo the feelings of someone who never played the earlier games and just assumed that all of them might be boring.

Now if you posted something similar to what I just suggested and still got flagged for spam, then it was probably whomever posted the video just censoring anything that brought up other games that Sacred 3 would be unfavorably compared to.

#23 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,201 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

Well I guess they were flagged as spam or something because my comments seem to be invisible unless I'm logged into the account that made them.  Oh well, I tried...

I'll see what else I can think of.

Wow, Flix, I'm sorry I missed this

Is this issue still going on?

:)

gogo

#24 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

Well it was just a youtube issue.  Given the speed with which my comments disappeared from multiple videos it was probably posting a link that triggered an auto-spam filter.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users