Hi there! Need a little general help with Sacred 2

Thanks guys!

I am giving the dryad a break for now ( am having to limit my video gaming time for RL reasons ), and instead started a new BFG seraphim on hardcore. It seems like BFG is improved by CA level, player level, Tactics Lore, Ranged weapons, Rev. Tech Lore and Battle Stance? Damn, that's one hell of a weapon.

Tactics lore has a direct impact on the Exalted Warrior aspect -- it's actually the lore skill for that one. It would have an indirect effect on BFG because it's not a spell (I don't think.). If you want to reduce casting time, you would need to add Rev. Tech focus. You can activate the weapon if you have an empty slot -- and then switch to another ranged weapon and (at least I think you can) still get the benefit of having that active.

If you have BFG active but use another weapon the BFG-boni are on the other weapon too.

Ranged skill from BFG works on piercing per cent on bows if unlocked by ranged sklill or the chance to hit more enemies on elixiers (CM-patch only).

Tactics lore also increases soul hammer/ pelting strikes damage, no?

Btw, why pelting strikes only shoot 2 shots from BFG? It does so many with dual wielding swords.

The BFG build's only downside so far seems to be low attack speed/ regen times. But I guess they will pick up.

Yeah, it is a bit on the slow side compared especially to a blow pipe over a shuriken. Of course, lets not forget that that thing is freakishly strong. :P Thankfully, one point into ranged weapons and eating as many runes as possible does wonders over time to attack speed. I also personally cheat on console by rapidly thumbing between my attack and CA buttons on the control pad, so instead of a slow firing gun, I pretty much have a cannon with the firing rate of an automatic. :P As for regen times, I personally wouldn't worry about it too much. Early life of the BFG seraphim kills things too well without relying so much on the other CAs as is, and by the late game, she oughta have things like focus skills, concentration, chance to halve regeneration, and rph under her belt.

Pelting Strikes in general works the best with melee weapons, most definitely with duel wield above all else, so, yeah, not as cute using PS with the BFG. Then again, the BFG itself is already powerful from a mere single shot, thus if allowed to shoot multiple times the way duel wield hits a number of times, the game will get even more boring. :P At any rate, I don't like using PS with BFG by itself. I opt for Soul Hammer instead.

• Like! 1

Since you play on console and it never got any patches, the ability to have a high speed bfg isn't really cheating if game lets you do it.

I tried to make Anti trusts DW seraphim yesterday but I couldn't take Dual Weild without a weapon lore first, when did they change that? I was sad as I had to take sword first and then sort of breaks build order.

Yep. I always put 5 into tactics lore. I like the staff better than duel wield for the distance attacks it has. Pelting Strikes effects the staff differently than it does BFG and I do get the full number of attacks. It isn't as many a I would get with duel wield but it's still pretty effective.

The trick to it was you had to put the 1 point into Tactics before it opens up DW at that point, I restarted again to see what I had done wrong. I had not thought to add a point before opening up the menu to choose another skill. Tricky.

Not point, 5 points. SW is most complicated because you need 5 points to get to DW, 5 points to get to concentration and 5 points to get to Enhanced Perception, plus taking up 3 of the 10 skill slots -- can be a challenge to figure out the best choices for my game play to do that.

Edited by Ysne58
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm back! Was busy with a bunch of RL stuff.

Ok so I'm playing my BFG seraphim on hardcore, completed upto chapter 5. Few questions:

-Pelting strikes only shoots 2 bullets, even with the double hit mod. Any way to get it to do more?

-Which is better vs bosses, pelting strikes or soul hammer?

-Since this is HC I went warding energy over battle stance for my second buff. DP doesn't seem reliable because you can't have it up all the time and it has a regen time which stops me from using other CAs for a long time after casting it. Any ideas?

Unless its been fixed, I don't think you can get the 100 dungeon achievement... (I haven't played for 4 years, so maybe its been fixed). I used to go mad and try to find everything on the map so its kind of strange I never got that one.

I have all the achievements except the online ones since I always played offline, and perhaps a few of the ones relating to getting certain classes past level 15. Currently on 890 points.

I only seem to be able to play Shadow warrior, I should try to branch out but all my gear I had accumulated is mainly for shadow warriors. I have tried them all but seem to return to SW.

Actually... The 100 dungeon achievement is VERY easy to do.

ALL you need to do is enter/exit ONE cave 100 times. You don't have to find 100 caves to spelunk. Just one. OK.. It's sorta cheating but it does work.

Also going into a multi-level dungeon, then going into the 2nd level and then going back up and out yields the best results. You get 1 point toward that achievement each time you cross a threshold to the next level up or down. So, if you go into say, the Orc cave where you need to find out who has the right hand of the old warrior - and you find he has both hands, that quest alone gives you 6 points toward that goal.

The problem most everyone has with getting this achievement - if you save and exit your game, it wipes out ALL of your progress. You MUST do all 100 entries in ONE session..

As far as the Master Cartographer achievement.. That one requires walking a very, very fine line. It's possible I've done it in Bronze. It means NOT deviating from the main quest line. No blue quests.. No side quests. Just the main quest chain. Also helps to be familiar with the map and know where things are. That way, you're not going off on tangents.

As far as the Master Cartographer achievement.. That one requires walking a very, very fine line. It's possible I've done it in Bronze. It means NOT deviating from the main quest line. No blue quests.. No side quests. Just the main quest chain. Also helps to be familiar with the map and know where things are. That way, you're not going off on tangents.

That's 'Dedicated' and yes I agree. I am trying to get that with the same character as well ( hardcore BFG seraphim ).

I finished chapter 5 and am at 9.5%.. So far so good..

I completed the HC character ( bronze campaign ) and got the "Dedicated" achievement. Pic

I discovered that pelting strikes followed by soul hammer is an awesome combo. PS shoots two bullets and SH one, that delivers "coup de grace", this one shots almost anything and is an excellent boss killer. And since it also shoots 3 shots with 84% pierce, it does pretty well against mobs, too.