UnBended - The Gambler

the_gambler.jpg

From UnBended.zone.eu

The Gambler

The Gambler’s home is the northwestern territories of the world. The area is a sheer endless plain, mostly free from the influence of the five big dominions. The people in this area make a living out of hunting trihorns, massive hoofed beasts. Their tasty meat is a valuable both as sustenance and a commodity traded throughout the entire world. The territories are bordered to the south by what is referred to as the “civilized world.” One huge mountain range crossed by countless trading routes separates the territories from High Cambria, the northwestern dominion. High Cambria’s wealth is a direct result of all the trading with the territories. But it also controls an abundance of ore and other natural resources which results in a high level of technology. After his stepfather’s death, the gambler decides to leave the territories, eventually reaching the dominion of High Cambria where he spends the rest of his youth.

Read more here

I remember being stunned when I saw this art go up. In fact, I did not even believe that this was for Unbended, but instead a piece that was being used for inspiration. The mood, colors, and pose are absolutely engaging, very important to our community, as we're not looking for quick eats to to consume, we're looking for real dialogue with devs, their artistry and the journey we can share with then.

So far, I think I know which class I'm looking at.

Good job here Unbended team

:)

gogo

I love how his clothes tell a lot about the upcoming game world. The rough estimate of the time period after the middle ages. The possibility of running into steampunk settings. The feeling that the world history is actually moving forward and yet still has centuries to go. And at the same time not be out of place in the old medieval dungeons and dragons fantasy.

• Like! 1

Ah, SteamPunk...that's the word I was looking for, and what he's making me think of as well... Got a feeling UnBended's world is going to be a very lovely thing.

The Bandolier and potion bottle is pretty sic

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Hmm looks more like a Modern Pirate. Where are the cards? and the swords on his belt doesnt look good. It should be on his back and it would be better if it was a knife. a SHARP one. :)

I'm more excited for the Seraphim class <3 :drool:

Hate to break it to you, but there is not going to be "The Seraphim" class due to legal reasons. One more reason to hate Sacred 3

The developer team is working on a worthy substitute.

• Like! 1

Hate to break it to you, but there is not going to be "The Seraphim" class due to legal reasons. One more reason to hate Sacred 3

D'oh. Unbended needs a chick like seraphim. I want someone sexy but not too revealing. They should make a seraphim-Like character but more perfect (Tip: Listen to the Players request :D)

• Like! 1

D'oh. Unbended needs a chick like seraphim. I want someone sexy but not too revealing. They should make a seraphim-Like character but more perfect (Tip: Listen to the Players request :D)

I felt the same way about not being able to play the TG again. Thats why I executed a very expensive but cunning plan from day one.

How mod friendly will the game be?

Simple answer: we like mods. And there will be possibilities.

Now all you need is to convince the developers to make you the right mesh/model, if they didn't already, that is "not" a Seraphim. All I have to say is it may cost you ;)

• Like! 1

I'm actually very curious as to how they'll handle this

the seraphim was absolutely unique, she was avant garde, beautiful and naughty

What can they possibly replace her with?

:blink:

gogo

Sweet! I've never really read a comic before , but tall, athletic scantily clad body with warrior armor with metal wings has my name ALL over it, I'm going to have to check that out.

Ehhh....I kind of hate to be the one to say this but the Seraphim from Sacred is a direct rip-off of the female angels from the Spawn comics of the 90's-00's. They had the same character design with the tall, athletic scantily clad body with warrior armor with metal wings, the same black mask and white eyes, the same general story and theme (Angela and Tiffany were basically battle angels whose job it was to fight hellspawn). There's just not any way to deny it. I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a lawsuit or something.

These are two of the angels from Spawn:

angela+coming+to+marvel+comics.jpgTiffany_(comics).jpg

Even the Metal wings are the same. :mellow: I'm sad somehow that the Sacred Seraphim wasn't a TOTALLY New character.

But happy that the Unbended Devs can use her again! XD Just giver her norma looking eyes and wings.

Like the wings in Sacred 3. (I kinda like those.)

• Like! 1

Ehhh....I kind of hate to be the one to say this but the Seraphim from Sacred is a direct rip-off of the female angels from the Spawn comics of the 90's-00's. They had the same character design with the tall, athletic scantily clad body with warrior armor with metal wings, the same black mask and white eyes, the same general story and theme (Angela and Tiffany were basically battle angels whose job it was to fight hellspawn). There's just not any way to deny it. I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a lawsuit or something.

These are two of the angels from Spawn:

angela+coming+to+marvel+comics.jpgTiffany_(comics).jpg

You're right... but a great rip of though!

:4rofl:

gogo

allthough a favorite of many members ive never really gotten into the seraphim builds, I preferred Gladiators Dwarfs and dark elfs, but this gambler is something worth looking at.

tho knowing me I will probably start out with the blademaster.. unless of course they sneak in an axe wielding man of small stature :ninja2:

• Like! 1

Back on topic, are those small daggers on his belt? I guessing hes going to be more like a rogue type class. Would be interesting to know what types of combat arts he will have.

Edited by S-P
  • Like! 1

allthough a favorite of many members ive never really gotten into the seraphim builds, I preferred Gladiators Dwarfs and dark elfs, but this gambler is something worth looking at.

tho knowing me I will probably start out with the blademaster.. unless of course they sneak in an axe wielding man of small stature :ninja2:

Yah, most "character" I enjoy so far in the classes...though if they brought in a combat mime I'd be all over it

:P

gogo

Yah, most "character" I enjoy so far in the classes...though if they brought in a combat mime I'd be all over it

:P

gogo

"I am catching you in a Box... do you see the box?, I am hauling you in with my invisible lasso... "

reminded me of this!!

Edited by DreDBanGeR

hahah...u know, before UnBended offered us the Crypt, was thinking about that town for DarkMatters if we'd done that... would have been cool to see it populated with combat mimes?

:tomato:

gogo