UnBended - The Crystal Mage

From UnBended.Zone.EU

Kristallmagierin.jpg

In the west of the continent lies the Dominion of Sedhannia. In general, the western Dominion belongs to the poorer regions of the realm. Sedhannia is characterized by agriculture and mining. For centuries, Sedhannia was controlled and exploited by landgraves. Finally, a rebellion arose, initiated by the Order of the Crystal Mages, which was still rather small back then. Ever since, Sedhannia is under control of the Order. The principal of heritable serfdom is in effect. All people are tributaries of the Order’s First Prior. Those, who can not afford to pay their debts, are sent to the mines. The mines contain the crucial material that’s neccessary to increase the powers of Crystal Magic. Those crystals contain the so called “Power of Inception”. Crystal Mages have the ability to recognize these powers and take advantage of them. Combining and using the ancient powers represents the essence of their knowledge.
The Crystal Mage is a young adept, still in the middle of her studies. She is blessed with talent, but not sure if she is able to support the Order’s political ideologies. Eventually, when it’s either world domination of her sisters and brothers or preventing the rise of darkness, she will have to make a tough decision. The Crystal Mage hast mastered the noble craftsmanship of gem cutting. She reshapes gems and crystals, thus changing and enhancing the inherent powers and effects of the stone.

Read more here

• Like! 1

There are a few typos in her text:

“They say that any technology, if advanced far enough, appears to be pure magic for the eyes of normal peopole. << Peopole and the quote was not closed.

is one of our prime concerns. Because that’s the only way to increase the power of the Order and make it strong enoug to change the world back into a place

Should be enough instead of enoug.

I'm not complaining, just pointing these 2 small mistakes because a perfectly written text increases the chance (even if by a tiny amount) of donations :lol:

About her story: I liked it. Pretty different from many things that I see in games. Can't wait for more.

Oh there are typos galore in the project.

I'm still waiting for them to notice they missed a T in the "Major T is aking care to avoid..." or a vital line break in my "E-Waste Reseptical" tombstone joke.

The glitches you came to know and love are there... And the game hasn't even gone into actual development yet.

• Like! 1

I Don't like mages because they look "Stiff" to me. I'd like a Mage to be more ACTIVE. you know, before throwing a firebal do some flips or acrobatic moves not just sway here and sway your wand over that goblin.

That's just me :)

• Like! 1

Liking the idea of her being a Crysal Mage and crystals... Maybe she'll only be able to cast uber powerful stuff based on crystal reagents?

I remember in the early Ultima, having to use reagents for spells... was slightly annoying...but if MOST of the mages spells didn't need 'em, with only a FEW of them needing it, that could make for an interesting functionality.

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

I dislike needing reagents to cast spells (even if just a few spells). It feels like a waste of space in your bags and extremly unfair that other classes don't need reagents to play 100%.

To be fair , Let other classes have diminishing Attack items.

Gambler = cards(?)

and if there would be an archer of some sorts, I can't remember a recent game that needs to buy arrows.

I dislike needing reagents to cast spells (even if just a few spells). It feels like a waste of space in your bags and extremly unfair that other classes don't need reagents to play 100%.

hah, I actually kinda dislike it as well...or, I'd rather there was something that was unlimted, and then something else that was more slower...

however... this is UnBended... and yes, there will be balancing of CA regens...

WOOT!

GOGO

We finally got a bigger resolution picture of the crystal mage... sketch.

Oh well. It is something. Doesn't look as cool as the Gambler and Blademaster full color pictures, but at least we can now stop mistakenly taking content from WoW

Kristallmagierin.jpg

Gogo, please fix the damage you have wreaked. :big_boss:

• 2 weeks later...

Still looks like jaina , but that isn't a bad thing, ice mages are my favourite classes in all the games I've been playing so far, tho the indepth specilization the devs are inputing in is sooo poor that I cannot play it like a fire mage.

• Like! 1

Still looks like jaina , but that isn't a bad thing, ice mages are my favourite classes in all the games I've been playing so far, tho the indepth specilization the devs are inputing in is sooo poor that I cannot play it like a fire mage.

I actually liked the ice mage better in Sacred underworld than Sacred 2..it's physics just felt better, and the way they'd sprinkle, fall down to the ground was almost comical but dramatic.

gogo

Liking the idea of her being a Crysal Mage and crystals... Maybe she'll only be able to cast uber powerful stuff based on crystal reagents?

I remember in the early Ultima, having to use reagents for spells... was slightly annoying...but if MOST of the mages spells didn't need 'em, with only a FEW of them needing it, that could make for an interesting functionality.

gogo

I haven't read much about Unbended yet, partly because much of what they have written still seems up in the air so I don't want to become enamored with one aspect only to find it changed down the line.

Well, it's too late now for that because I'd already read the Crystal Mages story and I immediately fell in love with the idea of a mage bridging the gap between magic and technology, although I think I may be imagining it further than the devs probably intend to take it because I'm as much a sci-fi fan as I am traditional medieval fantasy which is probably why the Steampunk vibe is so pleasing to me. But I love the idea they have for her, nonetheless. I just hope they do take it into a techno aspect as well as a magical one. Omgash, that'd be really cool.

That's not asking too much... is it? ;)